Art Morte
RealGunner
Kaladin
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

FIFA 19 - Page 3 Empty Re: FIFA 19

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 pm

You have to be a slave to the ultimate team to buy this game. Had my fun with a 20€ 18, not touching this one. A 30th play-through of Fantasy General doesn't play itself, you know.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:downloaded the demo

played 45 mins

quit

deleted

It's time to move on PES mate
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 pm

PES is far worse imo

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:53 pm

So I'm getting FIFA 19, knowing full well that very little has changed.

I'm getting it because I don't have to pay for it. The company I work for will with the gift card I just got. Problem solved Proud
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Art Morte wrote:You have to be a slave to the ultimate team to buy this game. Had my fun with a 20€ 18, not touching this one. A 30th play-through of Fantasy General doesn't play itself, you know.

Yet, it will likely sell more copies than whatwver toye favprite game is. Nice theory though

The game isnt even pout yet. Forgice my spellijg im erjki drunk as fu k people ålayed the beta or demo oe whateverz it will erevert to fifa 18 due to the complains asusual
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:45 pm

First impressions of FIFA 19. It seems to be a bit more slow paced than FIFA 18. I've only played an offline game so far, but I couldn't help but notice that players consistently get away with rugby tackling each other. Kurzawa looked like he was trying to pierce me with his head at one point, and he literally used his head and shoulder to make my player do a summersault before crashing to the ground. No foul, apparently. Cristiano Ronaldo is as overpowered as ever. Something I found out early, when I decided to attempt a long-range shot as soon as he received the ball. The keeper didn't even move.

The UI looks slick, as always. They seem to have made some subtle changes to how gameplay flows, which I'm really enjoying so far. I know there's a ton of frustration waiting around the corner, and as expected, there really isn't much new to see here, but somehow it seems just different enough from 18 to feel like a slightly different experience. For now, at least.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:44 am

West Ham 2-1 Man United
Man City 1-0 Chelsea
Barcelona 3-1 Dortmund
Inter Milano 5-1 Tottenham

I played 4 games after the opening one (Juventus 5-1 PSG), all on legendary. I played with the teams in bold and I used different tactics every time. City's style is very spectacular. United is exactly like in reality, unable to build up with ground passes and forced to playing long balls (default tactic), poor defensive, only game I've lost so far. Chelsea playing very well with passes in midfield. They were the strongest opposition I had. With Inter I sat back deliberately and scored from counter attacks and long balls, solid defense. Spurs were playing pretty decent except defense where they had huge gaps after attacking. Dortmund was quite a strong opposition even though the scoreline doesn't really show it. Could've been 2-2 that one. Super lovely to play with Messi like always.

Game pace is slower than the demo and much more realistic. Tactics really work and affect the game, build up requires some skill and attention because the AI is defending better and more intelligent. Be careful, AI is now finishing much better and players like Mbappe, Reus, Kane, Messi, Ronaldo will definitely score from inside the box even if they are not in the best position. Shooting is very different if you ask me, you can still score wonder goals but you'll find yourself shooting poorly more often than before.

Positives:
- visible influence of the tactics chosen on the game
- better AI overall (in defense, attack, when passing, shooting etc.)
- the need of some more awareness and attention when it comes to build ups, because if you face strong opposition you won't be able to do much if you just press the pass or shoot button
- cool game pace
- it's the FIFA that relies the least on the speed of the players; of course it helps if you run with Sane for example and not with Silva, but the game takes better care of the momentum and the physical aspects of it, so players aren't instantly running at their max pace or close to that, they need a few seconds till they begin to run very fast and it is an aspect that was clearly better taken care of than in the previous FIFAs
- better goalkeeping at corners and shots from outside the box

Negatives:
- player modifier goes wrong sometimes; when trying to change the selected player in some critical situations when AI is inside your box for example, game gives you completely wrong players and you can't defend at all , it happened to me like twice in each game I played
- tricky finishing, sometimes it's unrealistic; let me give you and example: it happened to me that I was with Bernardo Silva in 6 meters alone with the opposition GK and he basically shot over the stadium without any sense, I touched very softly the shot button once and it just happened like this even though the ball was in a perfect position
- the classic FIFA bugs (GK not reacting at all with the ball in front of him when he should've take it and keep it safe, players being stuck near the posts, teammates colliding without any sense, players not reacting when defending) but this time it was pretty weird cause they occurred right in the first game I played and I was shocked

It goes without saying that the graphical interface, the UEFA licenses and the new kick-off "House Rules" modes are nice improvements. I'll definitely come back with more details after playing more and trying the career and online modes.

Right now I'd say the games deserves a more than fair 8/10; could've been 9 without the glitches, cause it really makes me play more and more, it's unpredictable and not boring at all so far, but I'll come back after playing more to make sure it's not just a temporary hype.

Fack, I realized there is another difficulty level above Legendary and it is called Ultimate. Its description says "There is only FIFA".
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:55 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Positives:
- visible influence of the tactics chosen on the game
- better AI overall (in defense, attack, when passing, shooting etc.)
 - If it's better, it must be a really slight improvement. I've only played the introduction match + The Journey, so far, but non-controlled players still don't pick up balls that are 1-2 meters away from them. They often just jog on as if the ball is not there.
- the need of some more awareness and attention when it comes to build ups, because if you face strong opposition you won't be able to do much if you just press the pass or shoot button
- cool game pace
- it's the FIFA that relies the least on the speed of the players; of course it helps if you run with Sane for example and not with Silva, but the game takes better care of the momentum and the physical aspects of it, so players aren't instantly running at their max pace or close to that, they need a few seconds till they begin to run very fast and it is an aspect that was clearly better taken care of than in the previous FIFAs
 - This may be true, but I couldn't help but notice that the game takes full advantage of Mbappe's ridiculously overrated speed down the flanks. The impact of speed merchants may not be as noticeable as in previous FIFAs, but I imagine people will still use the very fastest players almost exactly how they would use them in the past.
- better goalkeeping at corners and shots from outside the box
 - Again, I'm sure they made some improvements here, but the goalkeepers still do absolutely retarded things, like punching balls out of play, when they clearly would have gone out of play anyway. De Gea ran like a madman to punch out a ball that went from the corner spot to the outside of the nearest post ffs Laughing

Negatives:
- player modifier goes wrong sometimes; when trying to change the selected player in some critical situations when AI is inside your box for example, game gives you completely wrong players and you can't defend at all , it happened to me like twice in each game I played
- tricky finishing, sometimes it's unrealistic; let me give you and example: it happened to me that I was with Bernardo Silva in 6 meters alone with the opposition GK and he basically shot over the stadium without any sense, I touched very softly the shot button once and it just happened like this even though the ball was in a perfect position
- the classic FIFA bugs (GK not reacting at all with the ball in front of him when he should've take it and keep it safe, players being stuck near the posts, teammates colliding without any sense, players not reacting when defending) but this time it was pretty weird cause they occurred right in the first game I played and I was shocked

It goes without saying that the graphical interface, the UEFA licenses and the new kick-off "House Rules" modes are nice improvements. I'll definitely come back with more details after playing more and trying the career and online modes.

Right now I'd say the games deserves a more than fair 8/10; could've been 9 without the glitches, cause it really makes me play more and more, it's unpredictable and not boring at all so far, but I'll come back after playing more to make sure it's not just a temporary hype.

Fack, I realized there is another difficulty level above Legendary and it is called Ultimate. Its description says "There is only FIFA".

I noticed that Man United really struggle to build up play with ground balls. It's so hilariously close to realism, I'm tempted to call it offensive rofl Have you had any issues with first touches? I don't know if you have to press a certain button in order to not look like a clutz upon receiving the ball now, but I've seen a frustrating amount of unlikely poor first touches and take downs. Sometimes, it looks like the players have never received a high long ball before. Almost threw my controller, the third time a player decided to chest the ball, and it bounced 4 meters away - which would've been fine if the player had enough pace and awareness to make sure he still got the ball, but no.. a super pacy, nearby opposing player obviously outruns me to it every single time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:27 am

gonna start up a GL kickstarter to send Thimmy to Fifa rehab tbh

if I can break the addiction so can you, had to chuckle at the 'seems a bit more slow paced than Fifa 18' thing it's the same every year and then it gets patched within a couple weeks.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:49 am

I'm not at all addicted to it Razz I think I've mentioned a few times that I host a fifa tournament once or twice a month. I probably wouldn't still be the host if I was a cheap hobo that only had FIFA 15 Laughing That ain't right, yo.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Am downloading the game, played a quick kick off while it downloads, game does seem slower, more similar to Fifa 18 than that monstrocity in the Fifa 19 demo.

My PSN is Vulnii, in case you're ever in the mood of getting embarrassed.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:55 pm

FIFA 19 - Page 3 Fifa

They've been forced to reveal the odds for UT lol.

Firenze buying packs for that less then 1% chance Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:11 am

they're gonna have to change that lol 'less than 1%' is too ambiguous

I play those mobile games and they routinely have like 0.5% chances, so these odds look pretty good tbh

anyway, be proud of me, I broke the cycle..usually I end up skipping a Fifa and then returning but this will be the second in a row I don't bother with :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:23 pm

It reminds me of this tbh

FIFA 19 - Page 3 Funny-The-Simpsons-protect-earth-paper-recycled-percent
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It reminds me of this tbh

FIFA 19 - Page 3 Funny-The-Simpsons-protect-earth-paper-recycled-percent

I can't see the image you posted.

The physics in FIFA 19 is largely flawed, in my opinion. It admittedly looks realistic in certain situations, but is simply frustrating and unrealistic in others. I'm sure there are people who love and praise these new features, but they're merely a half baked illusion of realism. I think style over substance is a fitting description here.

Colliding with other players in FIFA 19 is more frustrating than it's ever been before. The collision itself has a more realistic animation now, but the ball just goes on a random nutmeg journey, like in a dribbling run by Messi. It's frustrating, because instead of the ball hitting someone's leg and bouncing in a random direction, it seems to instead force it's way between either player's legs and go in a fixed direction towards either goal. I suppose this speeds up the pace of the game since collisions don't result in the ball bouncing or rolling in a random direction, but I'm really not a fan of this feature. It seems they just added a Messi- like, forceful nutmeg feature upon collisions to all players. I wonder how Art Morte would rate this game, with all of it's arbitrary, half baked realism features that he seemed to appreciate in past games before they were patched  Laughing

Another feature is that you actually have to time first time shots, passes and headers with your button press as the ball approaches your player. If you press circle too early as a cross is coming in, that player will simply headbutt into nothing. This seemed pretty neat at first, but after playing the game for a while, I've become increasingly frustrated by the fact that this makes it much easier for defending players to intercept the ball, since they don't have to wait for the ball to arrive, or have to deal with the same degree of timing. I've also found myself in quite a few situations where I'm receiving a squared pass in front of the keeper, and all I have to do is connect with the ball and shoot before the keeper gets to it. Similarly to the situation above, the keeper doesn't have to time jack squat, so he gets to the ball before the game allows me to shoot - when realistically, I should be able to get to the ball just before the keeper does. If I try to extend my player's leg and shoot prematurely, he just slide tackles into thin air. It looks cool (or silly), and it adds a bit of realism from a spectator's point in view, but it's just a really flawed feature in it's current state. Simply put, the power bar doesn't compliment these attempts at realism or improvements very well, since you're disadvantaged with having to time the power and connection with the ball until the ball gets close to your player.

I read that you're supposed to time and press a button, in order to take down balls properly now, which is something I haven't tested yet. I've noticed that taking down balls in general has been set at amateur level by default, though, so that's definitely something one has to get used to doing in FIFA 19. It's very common for a player to receive a high, long ball and just let it bounce 1-6 meters away, off their chest. There are a few, minor improvements to gameplay that are convenient, and should've been implemented years ago, but better late than never I guess. For instance, I appreciate that you can now skip celebrations entirely by pressing the front shoulder buttons on both sides. Goalkeepers are now more reliable in certain situations, but as dumb as ever in others. They never seem to get them right.

Last edited by Thimmy on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Great game
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:58 pm

What do you like about it?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:10 pm

That it has 2018/19 roster
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:21 pm

lol
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:25 pm

I like it so far.

Started a career and sold Ramos, Benzema and Bale. That’s some invaluable catharsis right there
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:00 pm

They've actually made quite a lot of minor, but relatively substantial developments to their physics engine and animations. I wish they would focus more on the actual gameplay, rather than the aesthetics of it, but I suppose this is improvement in it's own respect.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Just scored this goal Proud

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender