Any reason(s) why?

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

FIFA 19 - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA 19

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:49 pm

No changes in mechanics and gameplay to fifa18. It's the same exact game but new menu and design lol.

People are struggling to find any differences.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Not surprised, 2K and EA can put a €60 price tag on NBA and FIFA every year and people in the States and Europe buy them without thinking twice about what has changed.

Tbh PES 2019 is practically PES 2018.5 too. I played the demo and nothing seemed changed other than the AI acting a bit different (but not necessarily better).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Believe I've said this before, but I host a FIFA tournament at least once a month. I'll buy each new installment of FIFA, as long as the transfers are up to date. Money is not an issue. I'm not gonna be that host who only has a 3 year old version of the game because he's too cheap to buy the most recent one Laughing You pretty much know what you're going to get with FIFA. I don't know why people are whining about the lack of change now, all of a sudden.. as if, FIFA hasn't been like this for a decade already.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:57 am

I mean the latest version of FIFA is riddled with enough bugs that all that could do in FIFA 19 is simply fix them. That alone would be enough to justify not changing it much.

What particularly disappointments me is the blatant lack of changes/upgrades to the Player version of Career Mode to match the changes they made to the manager side. I mean I like the Journey and all, but I like customization of my own players much more.

FUT is the reason why none of these changes are happening though. It's their cashcow and has been since it was introduced. Literally nothing else matters.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:30 pm

Is it just me or is the Demo version always superior to the full game?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 am

Valkyrja wrote:Is it just me or is the Demo version always superior to the full game?

I don't know if I would agree that they're 'always' superior, but the demos usually showcase substantial development or changes in gameplay compared to the preceding game(s). And then, they receive tons of complaints and end up patching the gameplay closer to how it was in the previous game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:47 pm

FIFA 19 - Page 2 Dmkh231W4AANMhl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Genuinely don't understand how people can play this pile of shit. It looks so whack I am considering not buying it this year.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Don't know what you're surprised about. Looks like FIFA 18 played by two really awful players. By now, you should know pretty much what to expect from new FIFAs. FIFA 19 will likely be almost identical to FIFA 18, but with minor changes and improvements added to it. FIFA 20 should offer something more substantial in regard to how the game plays out, but unlikely anything drastically different.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:50 pm

I would argue that it didn't use to be like this. My first FIFA on my first console was FIFA 10 and I remember FIFA 10 and subsequently 11 were notably different games but more importantly I could see 12 was better than 11 and 11 was better than 10. And so on.

But in the past two years the game just feels and plays the same, with the identical nuisances that IMHO have plagued the game for years. These would have usually get ironed out back then but it seems like the whole franchise is on a huge stagnation. There doesn't seem to be any improvements to gameplay other than a few eye candy features and new licenses.

Of course it doesn't help that it is selling better than any other game in Europe. I don't know any teenager who doesn't own the latest FIFA copy by NYE.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:00 pm

What would you improve in terms of gameplay? There's nothing really that would significantly change the actual playablitity of the game, only cosmetic changes. Also there was a big difference between 17 & 18 since they moved on to a new engine, right? Or maybe it was 17 when they first introduced the new engine, IDK.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Maybe all those ping-pong passes for a start? Inconsistent goalkeeping? Ball physics? Player inertia? I don't think the recent FIFAs have ever rewarded me for playing it like real football. It rewards me for abusing the gameplay mechanics and playing it like an arcade game.

Honestly every time I play FIFA 18 I wanna quit after 2 minutes. It is laughable.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 pm

My first FIFA was fifa 98 on the original Playstation. It's definitely true that the first few iterations of FIFA had distinctively different features, and you felt that you got more bang for buck when you bought a new one. I feel that they've hit a wall in terms of what they can improve on now, though, considering they only have a single year to develop each game. They also seem to focus considerably more on the cash cow that is Ultimate Team, compared to the other game modes. They have attempted to alter the flow of gameplay a few times in the past, but like I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's always lead to massive amounts of complaints, which has resulted in them reverting it back to how it was originally. Personally, I wish they'd address some of the gameplay complaints, instead of simply pushing the revert to default button. I suppose that's their most convenient and least time consuming solution to such issues. It would be nice if they stuck to their guns and didn't bend to the will of angry consumers every time, but hey.. it's bloodsucking EA Razz

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Oh and don't forget the player models. There has always been something off about them.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:22 pm

There are a lot of smaller issues I wish they would fix, or simply fine tune, but at this point in time, I don't think they give a crap. The games are selling like hotcakes, Youtube producers are spending hundreds of thousands on card packs, and all is swell from Andrew Wilson's point of view Laughing

FIFA 19 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrtFRznjz288TQkLAHQfd_Qu8n-bggMFjjCpC_2cEFZk6L1dV1xw
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Consider this. They did 0 marketting on gameplay changes for fifa19. And it will sell more than any other fifa game ever. Just because it's a global brand and for most, a routine. Celebs, footballers, youtubers, twitch streamers, average man and woman, kids, dogs etc. It's routine. They will buy it as they always have.

There is no danger to the fifa brand. It's bigger than ever and its competition is in the worst shape possible. Basically a monopoly.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:37 pm

I'm not going to bother getting it. I really enjoyed 18, but I've always come back for Career mode, which gets worse and worse every year. Cl aside, no changes have been made to it, so I have no interest in buying it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:48 pm

I wasn't really saying the FIFA brand is in any danger. It is a popular game which like you said sells millions without any marketing on the gameplay, but sadly that's about it. Hell, even I have been buying FIFA at release every year but to say I've remotely enjoyed the past two instalments would be a huge lie. As a simulation of football not only it is miles behind its "competitor" i.e. PES, I could name a few previous FIFAs that were better gameplay wise than 18 coming to think of it.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:17 am

I wasn't a big fan of FIFA 18 initially, but I've definitely warmed up to it since then. It's an alright game with a formula that everyone's familiar with. Nothing more, nothing less. My monthly FIFA tournaments are one of few social gatherings I share together with colleagues, and for that purpose, I'll keep buying the new FIFAs as long as they're not outright awful. PES has never been an alternative for me. It's slightly more realistic and less arcadey approach to football, simply doesn't appeal as much to the casual gamers and non-gamers I play with, and so I would only be buying it for the solo experience. Ain't no one..
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:29 am

Wow, played the demo of this... I don't think i have ever felt a FIFA game be more video-gamey and arcadey than this, fckin horrible. Feels like ping pong machine on a footy field.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:33 am

The Madrid One wrote:Wow, played the demo of this... I don't think i have ever felt a FIFA game be more video-gamey and arcadey than this, fckin horrible. Feels like ping pong machine on a footy field.

FIFA demos are always shitty. But yeah, I agree with you.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Played a United vs Real Madrid match on both. First on PES and right after that on FIFA. I repeated this a few times.

The most noticeable thing you feel when you play these games side by side is that PES is much slower and feels like real football. But one could argue that due to this fact it is not as fun as FIFA. I can't imagine a 13 year old me playing PES and not getting frustrated by the lack of response to my wishful thinking. You can create much more exhilarating moments in FIFA without really thinking about how to play and just by moving the ball forward. In PES, that would at worst lead to a disaster and at best getting dispossessed. The tactics you employ for your team also make a huge difference to the overall game whereas on FIFA I fiddled around with a few formations and tactical setups but the spaces and weaknesses in the game didn't noticeably change.

FIFA presentation and sounds are just miles ahead of PES. The stadium sounds, the chants are so real-life it feels like I was at Old Trafford on a CL night. Newly-added CL commentary also add a different flavour to the game and hands down wipes the floor with PES. The players also look more HD than PES but I still maintain player models on FIFA don't look right. I can't put my finger on it but they all look a bit lanky or something.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:50 pm

downloaded the demo

played 45 mins

quit

deleted

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:Wow, played the demo of this... I don't think i have ever felt a FIFA game be more video-gamey and arcadey than this, fckin horrible. Feels like ping pong machine on a footy field.

FIFA demos are always shitty. But yeah, I agree with you.

Full game is always better.
I insist.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 pm

You have to be a slave to the ultimate team to buy this game. Had my fun with a 20€ 18, not touching this one. A 30th play-through of Fantasy General doesn't play itself, you know.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next