Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
S
43 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris  - Page 6 Empty Re: Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris

Post by rincon Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:OK... i have to admit that, although I admired Tuchel in Dortmund, I thought his tactics were a bit reckless there. He was also trying to be too much of a "genius" with crazy setups.

Let me tell you... the guy is probably the second most talented manager after Pep in terms of pure managing and strategic genius. Really impressed. Neymar as the 10. He has Dani Alves playing midfield, Marquinhos playing the mid. Kehrer and Kimpembe playing both CB and fullback... and now, Di Maria played central striker. I kid you not. Granted, he had Mbappe playing next to him. But it worked!

He also switches game to game from 352 to 442 to 433 to 4231 with ease.

The mental and tactical discipline he's instilled in all the players, including the superstars, is really something to behold. Almost all the players can perform at multiple positions... and do!

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris  - Page 6 Empty Re: Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:19 pm

Bald Fraud #2
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:20 pm

@hans pls respond :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:22 pm

Hans may get his wish in the summer ffs. Congrats man.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Unique wrote:@hans pls respond :coffee:

:coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:24 pm

What's worse than a bald fraud? A bald fraud who doesn't embrace the baldness.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:25 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:What's worse than a bald fraud? A bald fraud who doesn't embrace the baldness.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:38 pm

rincon wrote:
sportsczy wrote:OK... i have to admit that, although I admired Tuchel in Dortmund, I thought his tactics were a bit reckless there. He was also trying to be too much of a "genius" with crazy setups.

Let me tell you... the guy is probably the second most talented manager after Pep in terms of pure managing and strategic genius. Really impressed. Neymar as the 10. He has Dani Alves playing midfield, Marquinhos playing the mid. Kehrer and Kimpembe playing both CB and fullback... and now, Di Maria played central striker. I kid you not. Granted, he had Mbappe playing next to him. But it worked!

The mental and tactical discipline he's instilled in all the players, including the superstars, is really something to behold. Almost all the players can perform at multiple positions... and do!

It is stuff like this that reminds me why GL would never die and would prosper even in the after life. Sports Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:52 pm

Doc wrote:
rincon wrote:

It is stuff like this that reminds me why GL would never die and would prosper even in the after life. Sports Proud
Need to frame that quote. Any chance we can have it as the banner for a few days? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:56 pm

Playing the devils advocate, but this guy is least guilty for tonight. Two blunders by Buffon and Silva and a penalty; what could he do about them. And he can't teach Mbappe how to keep his balance. At 20 it's too late.

Praise almighty OLE instead neymar
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:58 pm

Agreed with IC, this is what happens when you buy a 60 year old Buffon for his star power without realizing hes well past it. Chinese team tactics.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Well, he was at fault for starting a very much past it Buffon in a CL tie. That's something that was in his own control.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris  - Page 6 3311rw6
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 am

Firenze wrote:Hans may get his wish in the summer ffs. Congrats man.

Thank you Proud

A great week for football.

Doc wrote:Well, he was at fault for starting a very much past it Buffon in a CL tie. That's something that was in his own control.

Absolutely right.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:26 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Agreed with IC, this is what happens when you buy a 60 year old Buffon for his star power without realizing hes well past it. Chinese team tactics.

I'm not disputing that Buffon is past it, but what does age have to do with an error like that? Is it an eyesight problem? Or his back is too stiff to bend over? I don't think he would have still played if those were actual problems.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:02 am

adun101 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Agreed with IC, this is what happens when you buy a 60 year old Buffon for his star power without realizing hes well past it. Chinese team tactics.

I'm not disputing that Buffon is past it, but what does age have to do with an error like that? Is it an eyesight problem? Or his back is too stiff to bend over? I don't think he would have still played if those were actual problems.

Hand-eye coordination declines with age.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:27 am

I haven't watched PSG much this season, but I'm pretty sure I read not too long ago that Buffon has been mostly very good for them. It was raining heavily, as well. No on mentioned that De Gea almost fumbled the ball on the other side of the pitch at one point. In fact, he chose to uncharacteristically punch the ball at another time, when normally he would've just held it. Luckily for him, there was no danger of an opposing player getting to the ball when he fumbled it, and PSG didn't manage to score when he punched it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:09 am

rofl

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:23 am

What a tool rofl
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:01 pm

farfan wrote:
adun101 wrote:

Hand-eye coordination declines with age.

That is an abstract concept, the eyesight and the agility are the ones that go, but I doubt they're so low that he couldn't handle that shot. This was a mental mistake. They don't happen with him unless he's not motivated, like he said he wasn't when we were trash, right before Conte, or like last year.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:59 pm

You are all forgetting whilst that was a saveable shot it did have a wobbly vector to it and anyone who's watched Buffon for years knows he has often had trouble judging the trajectory of balls coming to him at times.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:46 pm

has he been sacked yet
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Don't think he will be tbh.

And that's ok with me for now, as clearly our board isn't ready to sack Kovac just yet.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:19 pm

What's the chance Bayern keeps Kovac if he wins the Bundesliga...which he really has a legit shot at?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Doc wrote:What's the chance Bayern keeps Kovac if he wins the Bundesliga...which he really has a legit shot at?!

Let's cross that bridge when we get to it, shall we
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:04 pm

You're gonna win it, you know you're gonna win it. Dortmund slipping constantly, Bayern winning somehow. It's happening.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next