dmize
Art Morte
McLewis
CBarca
urbaNRoots
16 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:30 pm

I'm just saying if any other player had a 60 point triple double, it probably would have been mentioned here by someone other than UrbaN, who doesn't post in the thread often, and fairly quickly.

Harden does and I doubt if Urban hadn't posted anything, anyone else would have (well I would have, I came into this thread expecting to make a point of it but Urban did so). The response here proves the point

Anyway, that's your 2017-2018 MVP James Harden

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:36 pm

CBarca wrote:I'm just saying if any other player had a 60 point triple double, it probably would have been mentioned here by someone other than UrbaN, who doesn't post in the thread often, and fairly quickly.

Harden does and I doubt if Urban hadn't posted anything, anyone else would have (well I would have, I came into this thread expecting to make a point of it but Urban did so). The response here proves the point

What are you even trying to say? That Harden is the most unlikeable star in the league?

Point made. And you're right.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:37 pm

I was going to post but I had a busy morning

beard mvp confirmed

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:05 pm

CBarca wrote:I'm just saying if any other player had a 60 point triple double, it probably would have been mentioned here by someone other than UrbaN, who doesn't post in the thread often, and fairly quickly.

Probably.

But you could make a good case if Steph continues the way he has been going since returning from the injury table.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm

Freeza wrote:

What are you even trying to say? That Harden is the most unlikeable star in the league?

Point made. And you're right.

This is true mind, i didn't really notice much before but his playstyle now infuriates me.

Against us Houston only stayed in the game because of his bullshit "fouls" if Boogie didn't get injured and they won i would have raged hard.

I was all prepared to do so tbh but after the injury i stopped giving a shit and let it go.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:15 pm

That's why I was so god damn furious with Lou Will despite him playing incredible for us Laughing Hated watching that shit. Trying to pull a foul with no intention of shooting.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:14 am

Lotta Pistons fans in my new work area. They either hate this deal or love it. I personally think it's too big a risk. Tobias Harris was one of my favorite players this season. Trading him alone for Griffin doesn't seem all that fair to me.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 am

Blake is a career 21/9/5 guy, lacks on the defensive side but he's a really great player and still just 28 [29 in a couple of months]. Of course there are drawbacks to this deal, beyond Tobias would be the two draft picks- that's really huge because you're shooting yourself in the foot for your future. On top of that, you're thinning out your own team of assets that can be used to improve it.

Basically, the Pistons are a few games off a playoff spot and maybe Blake helps them bridge that gap. Why not? Will he make them contenders? Absolutely not.

I have to say though, it's an exciting move to me. I hope he kills it for the Pistons

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:30 am

Blake is great but they gave up way too much.

Two starters and two picks is too much imo, but considering the likelihood of Detroit attracting stars in FA and they probably want to attract people to the new stadium it makes sense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:12 am

I mean it's a single 1st rounder that's going to convey this year. Somewhere between 12-20, probably 16. The other pick is a 2nd. Plus half a year of AB before he gets paid. A year and a half of Tobias.

Seems like they basically salary dumped Blake Griffin for a mid lotto pick and the right to give Tobias Harris a max deal.

But still a risk for Detroit, Blake being locked in for 5 years is bittersweet with his injury history.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am

nasty Shocked

also shoutout to Terry Rozier with a triple double in his 1st career start.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 am

I just don't really understand, and I don't know what their money situation will look like going forward. I guess they can try to emulate the Pelicans and attract some wings and shooters to surround them with. They'll be a good team, for sure.

Thing is, who are they going to overtake? Toronto are just better constructed all around, and Demar/Lowry are superior to Drummond/Blake for me (in different ways of course). Boston has a great coach, great young players, are already at the top of the East and that's without Gordon Hayward. They will only improve in time, Detroit aren't catching them. Milwaukee have Giannis surrounded by talent like Bledsoe, Middleton, Jabari and Brogdon, and got rid of their cancerous coach. They've got a weakness at center, but it's hard to see Pistons leapfrogging Milwaukee, especially since Milwaukee's players will all be entering the prime of their careers in coming years.

Maybe they can leapfrog the Cavs if they blow up with LeBron leaving? That won't happen this season anyway. Perhaps they can leapfrog the Wizards? But the Wizards have Wall/Beal and are a pretty decent team outside of those two, it's an arguable point. Probably can get them above the Heat, who I don't think will sustain the record they have.

All in all, they should make the playoffs, but Blake isn't a transcendent talent to pair with Drummond that it should make them a playoff team in the east that other playoff teams ought to fear. To me, it just solidifies the Pistons as a 4-8 seed for the next several years. And for what?

That kind of life is like being midtable in football. It's better than fighting relegation, but you're stuck in no mans land.

It will make the pistons more fun to watch and it brings an extra talent to the east. I enjoy the trade for that reason alone, but I don't see the upside here for Detroit, especially having given away some picks and a good player in Tobias Harris. If they're trying to emulate the Pelicans, they're forgetting something, which is that AD and Boogie both have a lot more value than Blake and Griffin, at least as far as I'm concerned. That makes a big difference.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:57 pm

How many rookies have had their first child born in their rookie season? Markkanen just had his x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:59 pm

CBarca wrote:I just don't really understand, and I don't know what their money situation will look like going forward. I guess they can try to emulate the Pelicans and attract some wings and shooters to surround them with. They'll be a good team, for sure.

No where near as skilled or athletic so it wouldn't work.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Mirotic deal is happening after all.

We are getting back a 2nd round pick from Bulls apparently, but that's probably irrelevant or used in another deal at this point.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:How many rookies have had their first child born in their rookie season? Markkanen just had his x)

Mans decided to go all out with the life milestones eco smile #YOLO
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Art Morte wrote:How many rookies have had their first child born in their rookie season? Markkanen just had his x)

Tatum had a son in December.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Only the ones who didn’t have a kid in high school.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Okay, so this is a common thing :smoke:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
CBarca wrote:I just don't really understand, and I don't know what their money situation will look like going forward. I guess they can try to emulate the Pelicans and attract some wings and shooters to surround them with. They'll be a good team, for sure.

No where near as skilled or athletic so it wouldn't work.

Mentioned this, albeit in a different way.

CBarca wrote:If they're trying to emulate the Pelicans, they're forgetting something, which is that AD and Boogie both have a lot more value than Blake and Griffin, at least as far as I'm concerned. That makes a big difference.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 pm

Fair.

Tbh you can't replicate Boogie and AD, it's a unique pairing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Greg Monroe signs with Celtics after Suns buyout

Watch Brad Stevens make this into a GOAT move

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Jabari Parker is BACK

12 points in 15 minutes on 4-7 shooting Proud

Huge boost for the Bucks when he can play consistent minutes. Even at limited minutes that impact is probably better than any of our bench players...

Unfortunately Brogdon is out for 6-8 weeks. Can't seem to get any luck with injuries with this team. I just want to see what the team looks like full strength. I mean, there can be other injuries but I wanna see Middleton, Giannis, Bledsoe, Parker and Brogdon all fit at the same time Sad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Fair.

Tbh you can't replicate Boogie and AD, it's a unique pairing.

You wont win jack with two of the same player though, especially if theyre both bigs who aren't elite defenders, and Jrue is your go to wing scorer.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Same player Laughing

Can't take anyone seriously who actually thinks that way.

They are vastly different with vastly different skillsets.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:01 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Probably.

But you could make a good case if Steph continues the way he has been going since returning from the injury table.

Dudes averaging 30 and 9, his defense is on par with curry's this year, if not better because hes a beast in the post. Shouldve won last year too, if not for all the stat compiling going on.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next