Mr Nick09
VanDeezNuts
Doc
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
23 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain - Page 3 Empty Re: CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 pm

It helps that ZZ believes in him so much. I still remember Carlo playing Xabi over him at CB all those years ago. Nacho always gives you at least 7/10 performance and never complains about playing time. He's more reliable than our starting defenders.

He struggled alittle with Neymar at times, but he played it very smart against him, Carvajal would probably have gotten a red card. When Lucas came on we defended alot better against Neymar. We need to play a winger there to push Yuri and Neymar back and not give them the freedom to run at us like we did in the 1st half

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain - Page 3 Empty Re: CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain

Post by Cyborg Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:35 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Isco started fantastic, first 20 minutes were almost Thiago-esque.
Got more and more irrelevant though and his substitution was vital in your last 20 minutes push.

Marcelo was an irresistible whirlwind and force all over the pitch, some unbelievable stuff.
Sometimes I have to wonder about formational discipline though when the left back pops up in a right winger position and such.

Kroos was ok.

Casemiro was poor.

Modric was immense, but that's nothing special for him.
Should be considered one of the greatest players of the last decade.
He's got to do the work of 2 midfielders and 2 attackers put together, and then he manages to be the creative hub on top of that.

Not particularly because of yesterday, when he was okayish, but I do owe Nacho an apology for calling him a terrible player with no future many times. He seems to have stepped up and is a very good player.

Varane was good as well.

Kroos was great. Nothing exaggerated like Isco, so his class sometimes goes unnoticed.

Him and Modric are outstanding.

He may miss the second leg due to injury, which is a big loss.

Kovacic has been poor since returning from injury.

If Zidane gave Ceballos game time earlier in the season, he would have been a great replacement. Cant take that chance now
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:56 pm

I missed the game! I had grown so frustrated in this disasterous season, that I went skiing instead. I am totally surprised at the result. I hear it was mostly an even game until Asensio came on! Is that an accurate description of game?

I was hoping they would embarrass themselves and it sure sounds like they played well enough. I also understand that PSG fielded a relatively poor lineup. Where was Silva, by the way? Assuming they get the correct lineup at home and that we are missing Kroos, what are the chances (realistically) that we can advance past PSG?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 pm

yes it was largely even, psg had a bit of an edge at some point and we were making a lot of last ditch blocks and tackles. wait , you were hoping for us to lose? anyway we are deep enough in midfield that kroos being out shouldn't be an excuse for us to wet the bed away from home. i just hope we can be disciplined and get a goal in the process, i don't want us resorting to last ditch blocks and tackles
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Tito, I wasn’t hoping we would lose, but yes I was expecting that.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:25 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I missed the game! I had grown so frustrated in this disasterous season, that I went skiing instead. I am totally surprised at the result. I hear it was mostly an even game until Asensio came on! Is that an accurate description of game?

I was hoping they would embarrass themselves and it sure sounds like they played well enough. I also understand that PSG fielded a relatively poor lineup. Where was Silva, by the way? Assuming they get the correct lineup at home and that we are missing Kroos, what are the chances (realistically) that we can advance past PSG?

So you were expecting us to embarrass ourselves into a win?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm

lol @clutch, i'm not sure i understand that part either
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Relax, that was a typo, it should have said wouldn’t. At my age, my brain thinks faster than my finger can type!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Marcelo out for the return leg. Gotta start resting his old legs ffs.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Is it confirmed he's out for the return leg?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Is it confirmed he's out for the return leg?

I just did.

Source: doctor
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:29 am

Neymar injured...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:00 am

guest7 wrote:Neymar injured...
Twisted ankle. He’s not going to be able to recover in time for the second leg. This is great news! Hopefully, Di Maria’s form ends against us. Even better, Emery leaves him on the bench because he doesn’t like to win stuff hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 am

I’d hardly call it great news because I don’t want it easy.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:44 am

guest7 wrote:I’d hardly call it great news because I don’t want it easy.

As long as Emery doesn't voluntarily start youngsters who are prone to pissing their pants, then the tie shouldn't be easy at all. Even though we beat them 3-1 in the first leg, it's not as if we convincingly battered them when they had a less than ideal starting lineup. But yeah, Neymar was their most threatening player and his absence will likely have a significant impact on the return leg. That's not as if to say that we'll definitely win. We'll also be missing Marcelo, who was absolutely essential to our success in the first leg. It evens out.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Because you planning to kick a ball and need to prove yourself Anime style or what? And it won't be easy for the lads anyway you take it, still a good bunch of players remaining.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Because we're not a small club that wants our opponents to get injured like COWARDS :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 pm

I doubt any reasonable Madrid fan (or human being) would want to wish someone get injured but it is what it is. Neymar twisted his ankle and PSG would be slightly handicapped. Also, still won't be easy at all though if we storm off to an early lead, could end up being "pretty easy".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:23 pm

when we've already lost the early title as early as november, i want things as easy as possible in the ucl. this isn't the time for us to be testing our "skills". we still have to be careful about them, they might actually play team football with him injured
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Anyone else scared? They are the underdogs this timr and we all know how CL loves underdogs
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Not really. Pretty confident we can finish off this tie.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:35 pm

So Neymar is injured yet it looks like we have more guys out than them. This is going to be a loooong night
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:43 pm

Who is out?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:Who is out?

Kroos and Modric. Marcelo is back in training
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Their ultras are so disgusting. Woke up our players in the middle of night with gunfire.

Hope we kick their ass
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Ballsy line up by ZZ. Now it's up to the players to repay the faith with a win
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next