rincon
Mr Nick09
Firenze
Glory
S
54 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Mbappé set to be a galactico? - Page 4 Empty Re: Mbappé set to be a galactico?

Post by Kaladin Sun May 07, 2017 12:09 am

Whats with the anti Morata agenda rincon? Seems like you have a bit of a personal grudge

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 07, 2017 12:11 am

It's cute that Chelsea and Milan fans are hyping Morata now that they get linked to him.

I am a Morata fanboy myself but his inconsistency is the reason he couldn't lock down a starting spot at Juventus. Clearly a big game player but before this season , he hadnt scored like more than 10 goals in a league season. Barrett as usual talking like he has no clue.

He's 25 years old and he's still yet to have a prolific season in his career. If Chelsea are signing him to be his main striker, they'll have goalscoring issues. It would be another matter if he were to be paired with a prolific striker though as I think he suits a supporting role better.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 07, 2017 12:14 am

ES wrote:Whats with the anti Morata agenda rincon? Seems like you have a bit of a personal grudge

I do Laughing

There is just nothing that pisses me off more from a Juve player than not putting in the effort to try to make something happen. Its why I raged with Alves at the beggining of the season too, but Morata was a much worse case.

Then on top of that, Morata got hyped by people who only watched Juve in the CL knockouts, where his strengths showed.

There were far too many problems with his play with us, and then he put in a solid 3 months were he just looked angsty and sulked around the pitch doing nothing. In the meantime one of Dybala, Mandzukic and Zaza was getting benched.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 07, 2017 12:15 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Well thank God the opinions of football fans on internet forums mean *bleep* all to a club's officials and will almost never see the light of day, ehy? Laughing
i dont know about you but i strongly believe that Florentino Perez has a staff reading my post to get good ideas hmm

To be fair Robbie Savage did say when he was a player he used to go on internet forums and praise himself even if he'd had a shit game. On that note, I've always felt like chad is secretly Benzema.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 07, 2017 12:16 am

S wrote:If Chelsea are signing him to be his main striker, they'll have goalscoring issues. It would be another matter if he were to be paired with a prolific striker though as I think he suits a supporting role better.

Spot on.

I wouldn't replace Costa with Morata, I would partner them. He shone much better next to a CF (Mandzu) than when being the main CF.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 07, 2017 12:18 am

S wrote:It's cute that Chelsea and Milan fans are hyping Morata now that they get linked to him.

I am a Morata fanboy myself but his inconsistency is the reason he couldn't lock down a starting spot at Juventus. Clearly a big game player but before this season , he hadnt scored like more than 10 goals in a league season. Barrett as usual talking like he has no clue.

He's 25 years old and he's still yet to have a prolific season in his career. If Chelsea are signing him to be his main striker, they'll have goalscoring issues. It would be another matter if he were to be paired with a prolific striker though as I think he suits a supporting role better.

Difference is, I'm not too thick to concede when I'm wrong or someone with more knowledge on an issue presents his opinion. You should try it sometime. Wink
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 07, 2017 12:19 am

rincon wrote:
S wrote:If Chelsea are signing him to be his main striker, they'll have goalscoring issues. It would be another matter if he were to be paired with a prolific striker though as I think he suits a supporting role better.

Spot on.

I wouldn't replace Costa with Morata, I would partner them. He shone much better next to a CF (Mandzu) than when being the main CF.

Well we can't partner Costa with anyone seeing as this is his last season as a Chelsea player lol.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 07, 2017 12:22 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
S wrote:It's cute that Chelsea and Milan fans are hyping Morata now that they get linked to him.

Difference is, I'm not too thick to concede when I'm wrong or someone with more knowledge on an issue presents his opinion. You should try it sometime. Wink

I am really not sure what you're alluding to. But if this your 'comeback' against me then here, have a cookie. Well done.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 07, 2017 12:27 am

S wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

I am really not sure what you're alluding to. But if this your 'comeback' against me then here, have a cookie. Well done.

What 'comeback'? Laughing You really are an interesting fella rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun May 07, 2017 1:12 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Blue wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

I think Chelsea will bid 60-70 mil for him. It's up to Madrid to accept.

I like Belotti a lot but I'd have loved to see him play at this level for 2 full seasons first. Looks like a massive gamble for what's being asked.

You think we will bid 60-70m for a striker who has never scored more then 13 goals in league play and only reached doubl digit once?

I find that crazy, he doesn't have a high ceiling either like ManU paid for Martiel or as much potential as Batshuayi.

Belotti is more proven and more room to grow imo.

On what basis are you assuming that Morata doesn't have a high ceiling?

Also, you need to put into context the circumstances surrounding Morata. How many times has he been a consistent starter for Juve/Madrid? Why was he not started consistently? If you can answer those questions, you'll know that neither of those answers have to do with his actual quality as a striker.

Based on what I see this season alone, I prefer Belotti. But it wouldn't be the first time a striker has looked like a world beater in Serie A and turned out to be piss poor in another league *cough*Immobile*cough*

Whatever you think of Morata, it's absolutely insane to be paying 100 odd million for a striker who's been good for only a season and half. Stop it.

I just think Morata has a solid celling not elite or hover around that area.I believe his potential is Álvaro Negredo, maybe more success in England.

I like Belotti a lot, i really can't see him flopping under Conte. He is just perfect to replace Costa. He matches Costa work ethic, tenacity, and creating space. Along with better link up play and finishing.

I also like Belotti personality better, the kinda player that always does well at Chelsea.

But that is my opinion, i guess we will see. We will both be disappointed when we sign Lukaku in a few months. Laughing
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 07, 2017 4:05 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Morata just had a double vs granada, thanks for the encouragement, 80 mil please it's not a lot

You know the world has gone crazy if someone pays 80 mil for Morata. Kid is doing well... but it's not like he's 18 or is a proven commodity by any stretch.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 07, 2017 10:32 am

Arsenal promise £85million Kylian Mbappe a central role if Monaco wonderkid shuns Real Madrid

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480586/amp/Arsenal-promise-85million-Kylian-Mbappe-central-role.html
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 07, 2017 11:27 am

Morata led Juve to the CL final and a stupid coaching decision from leading them past Bayern lol. Not a proven commodity Laughing

Until Mbappe goes to a bigger team and does well there I will not be sold on the idea of buying him. I mean 80mill on someone who "may" turn out to be good scratch we hav epaid around that much for 3 players; Ronaldo after winning the Balond'or and leading United to CL finals, Bale who won EPL player of the year and was touted as the next Balon d'or winner and James who had the WC of his life. Now peopie want us to drop 80mill on some kid who isn't even proven yet. Good God. Barca paid that much for Suarez PL player of the year and Neymar who was touted as the next Balon d'or winner, Juve dropped that much on Pipita the best CF in the world, Bayern haven't even paid that much for anyone because they have their Dortmund discount card. The only ones crazy enough to pay that much for a kid are probably Atleti if Griezmann leaves, United and PSG

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 07, 2017 11:51 am

Again, Morata's goals were crucial to us reaching the final. It's one thing to say that but it's a completely different thing when you're acting like he did that singlehandedly. 4 of his 5 knockout goals for us were tap-ins. Tevez was in the form of his life so it became easy for Morata to play off him and benefit from all of Tevez' hard work.

It's well documented that I'm a Morata fan but his numbers are appalling for someone who aims to be the lead man for a top club. When Higuaín for example was at a similar age to Morata, he was top scorer for Real Madrid.

I'm yet to be truly convinced that Morata can become a top #9 in the future. For now , he's an incredible supersub and always handy when he's paired with a more prolific goalscorer.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Helped lead would probably be more apt. No one player can singlehandedly lead his team to a CL final. It was more to debunk a theory that he isn't proven.

I am not fully convinced either but not because of his record but more because I haven't seen him for a period of time as a starter to truly make an informed opinion. He is making full use of his starts though scoring everytime he starts. He has great qualities, but I don't think he'll truly reach Suarez or Pipita heights for us as a starter but I don't think anyone will, these 2 run for deadballs when everyone else would run back into their own half.

Honestly we don't need to have strikers who score 30 goals and flop in the big games to win a league like we've shown this year. Ronaldo has 20 his lowest number since signing for us but he has given us greater performances in the big games.

A striker who can give me 20+ league goals, press when he doesn't have the ball, perform inthe big games and take the chances handed to him and also not be a blachole in possession will have my vote. At the moment that guy is Morata.

He has had the biggest injustice done to him, there is a reason the B team does better. We are carrying passengers in the A team but everyone work for each other in the B team.

Lately we have been praising Benz for working hard. That's how deep it is with him. Nobody can do well when they do their job and still doesn't get a look in

I am going off tanget here so I'll stop this discussion

About Mbappe if he is going for 40-50mill then I don't mind taking a chance on him. But 80mill that guaranteed starts level money we are talking about here. Does a team need a young unproven player that will ALWAYS start because of the fee paid to get them? We've already seen the repercussion to Barca's Gomes purchase and United's Pogba purchase. When you pay that much there is no going back. They have a guaranteed starter role no matter how badly they play hence why most team pay that much on already proven players that have achieved alot with their previous clubs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Lots of forum putting Morata down, but yet Morata has more goals per minute played than anyone in liga except Messi. Meanwhile the "starter" won't hit 10 goals!! And has 4 or 5 players with as many or more goals than him. The shame is Zidane continues to play the benz over Morata. The end result is Morata is headed to Chelsea, he is already buying a house inLondon. So next season Mbappe comes to Madrid and Benz stays!!!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sun May 07, 2017 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 07, 2017 3:41 pm

S wrote:Arsenal promise £85million Kylian Mbappe a central role if Monaco wonderkid shuns Real Madrid

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480586/amp/Arsenal-promise-85million-Kylian-Mbappe-central-role.html

:bow::bow:

When we sign Mbappe

-------Coquelin-----Xhaka------
Walcott--------Ramsey------Iwobi
------------Giroud-----------------
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 07, 2017 3:43 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Lots of forum putting Morata down, but yet Morata has more goals per minute played than anyone in liga except Messi. Meanwhile the "starter" won't hit 10 goals!! And has 4 or 5 players with as many or more goals than him. The shame is Zidane continues to play the benz over Morata. The end result is Morata is headed to Chelsea, he is already buying a house inLondon. So next season Mbappe comes to Madrid and Benz stays!!!
calm down, Mbappe is a way better talent than Morata, we are winning this exchange end of the day.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 07, 2017 3:44 pm

I don't disagree with that. To me the crime is keeping Benz.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 07, 2017 3:50 pm

in this context actually it's not, you sign a young prodigy and you have an older expiring player in your squad, makes a better transition. Mbappe-Benzema will coexist a lot better than Morata-Mbappe. You dont want them to compete, you want the kid to understand he is next in line and he has room to grow. he might come in as the biggest transfer ever, you want the environment to be as favorable as possible. People already hate Benzema, they will cheer for him to succeed. Where as Mbappe x Morata will have the fans divided.

And I dont think ZIdane is a huge fan of Morata, stylistically maybe, hence he got limited opportunities. But we needed a CF badly so he is here.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 07, 2017 3:56 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Lots of forum putting Morata down, but yet Morata has more goals per minute played than anyone in liga except Messi. Meanwhile the "starter" won't hit 10 goals!! And has 4 or 5 players with as many or more goals than him. The shame is Zidane continues to play the benz over Morata. The end result is Morata is headed to Chelsea, he is already buying a house inLondon. So next season Mbappe comes to Madrid and Benz stays!!!

Zaza had an incredible goal to minute ratio with us too. Means nothing. Benzema has been trash but yet Morata doesn't offer enough guarantees for what a top CF for an elite club should. Zidane has stuck with experience in the form of Benzema for now which is understandable from a coach pov but so far it's backfiring.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 07, 2017 4:00 pm

What evidence do you have to say that Morata doesnt offer enough guarantee? Well it sure as hell aint his goals because he is 6th on the top scorer charts in Spain so I'd love to know what it is
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun May 07, 2017 4:04 pm

I am surprised that people havent come up with "Benz offers more than just a normal CF#9 offers" :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 07, 2017 4:04 pm

You'll be disappointed Nick. Benz is up for a new contract. It doesn't matter who we buy because he'll see out his contract either or. If Mbappe cones along he'll probably be 27 by the time Benz decides it is time to call it a day and within that time it won't matter how many goals he scores because people will want a new striker by then anyways
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 07, 2017 4:10 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:What evidence do you have to say that Morata doesnt offer enough guarantee? Well it sure as hell aint his goals because he is 6th on the top scorer charts in Spain so I'd love to know what it is

Don't watch Madrid so can't say tbh but at Juve , he was certainly not a dependable forward for us. Went for long spells sulking on the pitch and neither had the physicality of Mandzukic nor the clinical finishing of Higuaín to the lead the line for us.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 07, 2017 4:19 pm

I dont think RM depends on their forwards as much as other team. Of course it is important for Ronaldo to be in top form but we have been playing with a crooked frontline for so long anyone who comes in and scores over 17 goals and isn't perma injured is good enough. Of course my view will change when Ronaldo leaves because I think we'll need to replace him adequately and wether Morata can lead our line then is anyone's guess. As for now anyone with 2 legs is better than what we have starting for us. We are about to win the league and are within a touching distance of the CL final and our starting striker has contributed to around 14 goals of the 100 something goals we have scored in all competitions this season.

As for the weaknesses you mentioned he still has some of them like not being a clinical finisher and being abit of a moaner but he offers us alot in attack including being able to play with his back to goal, being technical and scoring goals

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next