guest7
Winter is Coming
Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 37 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Pedram Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:57 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Pedram wrote:
El Gunner wrote:have y'all noticed how every popular male figure in the media gets shunned/cancelled these days?

From Kanye, to Joe Rogan, to Peterson, to Andrew Tate.

Men can't do anything right anymore these days unless they keep quiet and fit into the status quo.

Kanye is mentally sick, Joe Rogan is your know-nothing average Joe, Peterson is a fraud cosplaying as a physiologist, Andrew Tate is a sex trafficker.

El G my friend, the problem isn't that men can't do anything anymore, it's just that you're attracted to weirdos.

i sometimes think you are a smart person, Pedram bud, but then you post shit like this smh

absolutely baseless bullshit which you read from mainstream media which push these anti-narratives against these people, and you just believe it without thinking for yourself or doing your own investigation. Where is the criminal record sheet that shows Tate actually is a sex trafficker and why hasn't he been locked up for it yet? Don't even get me started on Kanye and the rest of what you said.

Pathetic, do better.

I had positive view about you tbh, i'm just concerned or should i say disappointed that you're falling into the Youtube rabbit hole, Joe Rogan i guess is normal but fangirling over these guys you named gives off major red flag, especially Jordan Peterson who is a well known right-wing troll.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 37 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Firenze Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:39 pm

Peterson's a dipshit mega grifter who pretends to be an authority on a lot of subjects he's actually clueless about, lol. IIRC he was shilling his daughters dietary stuff on Rogan/platforms before and she's a chip off the ol' block too. He may have the odd sensible take but his bottom line is just tapping into a certain type of audience and profiting from it.

I used to listen to/watch a lot of Rogan, the amount of toxic fucks he's shone a spotlight on and given a bigger platform to in the last few years is sad.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:21 pm

Pedram wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Pedram wrote:

Kanye is mentally sick, Joe Rogan is your know-nothing average Joe, Peterson is a fraud cosplaying as a physiologist, Andrew Tate is a sex trafficker.

El G my friend, the problem isn't that men can't do anything anymore, it's just that you're attracted to weirdos.

i sometimes think you are a smart person, Pedram bud, but then you post shit like this smh

absolutely baseless bullshit which you read from mainstream media which push these anti-narratives against these people, and you just believe it without thinking for yourself or doing your own investigation. Where is the criminal record sheet that shows Tate actually is a sex trafficker and why hasn't he been locked up for it yet? Don't even get me started on Kanye and the rest of what you said.

Pathetic, do better.

I had positive view about you tbh, i'm just concerned or should i say disappointed that you're falling into the Youtube rabbit hole, Joe Rogan i guess is normal but fangirling over these guys you named gives off major red flag, especially Jordan Peterson who is a well known right-wing troll.

youtube rabbit hole? fangirling? red flag?
every word you use, you sound just like the average mid 40s liberal white woman. Completely baseless non-phenomena stuff you bring up.

But let's leave at that, no need to throw insults at each other over a forum.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:41 pm

Thimmy wrote: Peterson is, in fact, a clinical psychologist. It's his public speaker persona that pretends to be so much more than that.

A fairly obscure and unaccomplished one who made very minor contributions to his field. This is another issue I have with the so called intellectual dark web clique. Most of them rose to fame thanks to incidents or controversies  involving hot button issues and not actual academic excellence in their respective fields. In Peterson's case, it was the pronoun law in Canada. For guys like Bret Weinstein, it was the "SJW" protests on campus.

These guys went from being complete zeros in their fields to becoming the go-to authority on wide array of matters for millions of impressionable young men. A nobody like Bret Weinstein, who not too long ago was teaching at one of the worst colleges in America (98% acceptance rate lol), is probably the most famous biologist in the world thanks to Joe Rogan Laughing There are people out there who genuinely think Jordan Peterson is some world-renowned psychologist. Of course these same people have never heard of Aaron Beck, Lisa Feldman Barrett, Alan Baddeley, or literally any other psychologist with an extensive body of work in the field.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:37 pm

farfan wrote:
Thimmy wrote: Peterson is, in fact, a clinical psychologist. It's his public speaker persona that pretends to be so much more than that.

A fairly obscure and unaccomplished one who made very minor contributions to his field. This is another issue I have with the so called intellectual dark web clique. Most of them rose to fame thanks to incidents or controversies  involving hot button issues and not actual academic excellence in their respective fields. In Peterson's case, it was the pronoun law in Canada. For guys like Bret Weinstein, it was the "SJW" protests on campus.

These guys went from being complete zeros in their fields to becoming the go-to authority on wide array of matters for millions of impressionable young men. A nobody like Bret Weinstein, who not too long ago was teaching at one of the worst colleges in America (98% acceptance rate lol), is probably the most famous biologist in the world thanks to Joe Rogan Laughing There are people out there who genuinely think Jordan Peterson is some world-renowned psychologist. Of course these same people have never heard of Aaron Beck, Lisa Feldman Barrett, Alan Baddeley, or literally any other psychologist with an extensive body of work in the field.

THANK YOU
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:43 pm

It’s really disappointing how the left has gone from trying to help the poor and disenfranchised to becoming hypocritical caricatures with no empathy or respect, and the worst part is they can’t even SEE it or they think it’s justified. This thread is a great example.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:46 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Pedram wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Pathetic, do better.

youtube rabbit hole? fangirling? red flag?
every word you use, you sound just like the average mid 40s liberal white woman. Completely baseless non-phenomena stuff you bring up.

But let's leave at that, no need to throw insults at each other over a forum.

El Gunner that’s exactly what they’ll do, modern day liberals of course will be “disappointed” that you and I are free thinkers, they’ll use insults to dehumanize you or put you down if you disagree with them. I’m liberal myself. I voted for bernie sanders TWICE. And I did grassroots door to door work for him. But the current left has lost their minds, or they simply don’t care about being kind. It’s sad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 pm

Firenze wrote:Peterson's a dipshit mega grifter who pretends to be an authority on a lot of subjects he's actually clueless about, lol. IIRC he was shilling his daughters dietary stuff on Rogan/platforms before and she's a chip off the ol' block too. He may have the odd sensible take but his bottom line is just tapping into a certain type of audience and profiting from it.

I used to listen to/watch a lot of Rogan, the amount of toxic fucks he's shone a spotlight on and given a bigger platform to in the last few years is sad.

Toxic because you don’t agree with it? Lol. Okay. I don’t even agree with Peterson’s political views myself, but there’s this little thing called free speech.

It’s funny because at the same time, the new left want us to accept transgenders at 10 years old, silencing free speech, and abusive language towards others who they disagree with. I’m honestly repulsed by them. This is not the party nor the people I voted for.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:00 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
farfan wrote:

THANK YOU

Yeah but do they got a viral video on YT? Case closed.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:35 am

FennecFox7 wrote:
Firenze wrote:Peterson's a dipshit mega grifter who pretends to be an authority on a lot of subjects he's actually clueless about, lol. IIRC he was shilling his daughters dietary stuff on Rogan/platforms before and she's a chip off the ol' block too. He may have the odd sensible take but his bottom line is just tapping into a certain type of audience and profiting from it.

Toxic because you don’t agree with it? Lol. Okay. I don’t even agree with Peterson’s political views myself, but there’s this little thing called free speech.

It’s funny because at the same time, the new left want us to accept transgenders at 10 years old, silencing free speech, and abusive language towards others who they disagree with. I’m honestly repulsed by them. This is not the party nor the people I voted for.

Why are you criticizing Firenze's post and trying to silence him? There's this thing called free speech, buddy. He has every right to say whatever the fuck he wants without anybody ever disagreeing with him.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:06 am

elitedam wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:

Why are you criticizing Firenze's post and trying to silence him? There's this thing called free speech, buddy. He has every right to say whatever the fuck he wants without anybody ever disagreeing with him.

THANK YOU
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:03 am

FennecFox7 wrote:

the hypocrisy is DEAFENING my guy! Absolutely disgusting, this "new left" has really shown us something these past few years. I recently found myself following Tucker Carlson on Twitter because he was the only one who would give a platform to Tate to clear the allegations, it's gotten THAT bad!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:20 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
El Gunner wrote:have y'all noticed how every popular male figure in the media gets shunned/cancelled these days?

From Kanye, to Joe Rogan, to Peterson, to Andrew Tate.

Men can't do anything right anymore these days unless they keep quiet and fit into the status quo.

I honestly have no idea who Andrew Tate is, but find it funny that your list starts off with three certifiably insane people. I think it's plenty easy to be a male media figure, you just can't say insane shit like 'dragon energy' or advocate for child beating.

Joe Rogan was for quite a while the most popular podcast on Spotify btw, not sure how cancelled that is.

Tate is even more insane. A misogynist, abusive, grifter that can cause a lot of damage to kids and teens falling for his cartoon-like persona of what is supposed to be a sexist badass.

What a list Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:39 am

FennecFox7 wrote:It’s really disappointing how the left has gone from trying to help the poor and disenfranchised to becoming hypocritical caricatures with no empathy or respect, and the worst part is they can’t even SEE it or they think it’s justified. This thread is a great example.

"The left" is back to being as much of a boogeyman as "the right" recently became in America. To use an old GL classic, it's just "building a strawman".

Have some quality control ffs, and if you (general you) consider yourself a free thinker then apply that and think critically.

To have conservative or right wing values certainly does NOT mean liking andrew tate, tucker carlson, kanye west, etc. That is bottom of the barrel stuff that should be called out. It's not a case of "the libs" hating on the opposite side of the spectrum, a sane conservative with some self respect should never like guys like them. You don't even have have to say conservative, these are just people preying on impressionable masses to gain money, power, and fame. Tate is an absolute caricature of it, yet apparently falling for that scam is now considered free thinking Laughing

Where I grew up, the left were the main responsible for ruining the country, absolutely destroying it. Does it mean that I should then become alt-right feel like a genius while watching Peterson and Shapiro argue on youtube? no. Because those guys in Venezuela are morally bankrupt, power-hungry clowns regardless of ideology. Just like the free-thinking(tm) gang of youtube fame, from Carlson to Alex Jones, a cancer to society.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:48 am

This fucking guy Laughing can't believe some people here unironically stan him.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:52 am

he said nothing wrong or criminal in that video
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:55 pm

The issue with websites like Reddit is that they take 1 minute clips from 6 years ago then build a narrative out of it to create false outrage. I knew of Tate for years because he was also part of the crypto community. Based on what I remember he had a small niche audience and was speaking to a heavily red pilled and right wing audience back then. He had just started his gimmick of being a politicized low-rent Dan Blizerian. So to increase his following he’d say edgy stuff like that, so he could come off as a mafia-esque badass so idiots can buy his courses.

The real reason he moved to Romania was because some girl from his webcam studio falsely accused him of abuse and he had to spend 6 figures to clear his name to prove his innocence in England. That’s why he was against the me too movement.

Tate deserves to get shit on for many things, but those kind of clips (or the ones where he’s clearly doing a bit) are the laziest way to go about it imo.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:13 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Lasciavit wrote:It’s funny because my younger cousin is in high school and he told me all the high school boys love Tate. He was telling me how they started going to the gym and started working jobs because of him. Peterson got memed for saying you should clean your room, but honestly some guys need that basic level of advice. It’s truly amazing how many young men lack any real masculine guidance.

The last line really is true why the guru culture of these men will only grow from here as new style parenthood is more a laissez-faire style of it but seemingly those men grow up to head the weak guidance given to them and therefore jump onto people like Tate and what not.

But my problem is how incensed people are that Ronaldo is even thinking of seeking advice from JPB, given his views simply are not a threat to their reality, for if it is, its just plain sad. Or they just don't have a life.

I don’t think people are so much upset that Ronaldo sought advice from Peterson, but rather that he went ahead and promoted him.

He’s the most followed person on instagram and has almost 500 million followers. To some degree it’s irresponsible. There were certainly people who didn’t know of him who are now watching his videos and will think Peterson is spreading the gospel when in fact he’s not.

Yes he’s a clinical psychologist, but he drank his own kool aid and now thinks he’s an authority on certain subjects that he really isn’t all that smart about.

Ronaldo has a lot of young fans who are impressionable, and I just don’t think promoting figures who are pipelines to the alt ring wing is a wise move.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:31 pm

see Cas, I see no fault in that, let's not fall into this gatekeeping behaviour. If Ronaldo appreciates the help he got from Peterson so much so that he feels the need to promote him or give him a shout out on his socials, then he has every right and the freedom to do so.

Whether young impressionable boys "fall victim" to Peterson's right-wing rhetoric at the end of the day is not Ronaldo's responsibility or worry. Hopefully most of those young men cultivate the self-awareness to think for themselves and engage critically with sociopolitical issues as they grow older. That's literally how life works. I'm sure as young boys we all here also held views or said some shit that we would feel embarrassed about now.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:19 pm

Wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Ronaldo leans right politically anyways considering he was named after Reagan, so his family's values are probably pretty right wing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:30 pm

It's how this thread became less about Ronaldo and more about analysing Peterson and his ilk.

Love it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Ronaldo leans right politically anyways considering he was named after Reagan, so his family's values are probably pretty right wing

Last name after Reagan, given name after christianism, clear case of religious rightwing family
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:49 pm

Doc wrote:It's how this thread became less about Ronaldo and more about analysing Peterson and his ilk.

Love it.

Ronaldo’s record this season is like 2 g/a. What is there to discuss :coffee:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Just wanna say how much I enjoyed watching CR's about to cry face during the derby, priceless Very Happy Good stuff Ten Hag, keep it up.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:50 am

Walked out of Old Trafford before the end of the game because he didn’t get subbed on. He’s ruining his legacy each and every week.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:12 am

Love to see it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next