Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
Firenze
16 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:18 pm

HHH-Angle seems to be the plan for next WM if Angle is cleared

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Would prefer Angle work with somebody younger all things considered tbh.

I doubt WWE have much of a plan right now though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Vince seems to love feeding kayfabe GOATS to Reigns so probably that

an HHH vs Angle build would probably be legit

btw I know he had to be reintroduced as a face but I hope he goes heel at some point, heel Angle >

mad disappointed if his entire run is as a face GM
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:45 pm

“JBL asked me and my partner to steal [Justin’s] passport, and we didn’t,” John Hennigan (Lucha Underground champion Johnny Mundo) told Deadspin. At the time of the incident, he worked for the WWF as Johnny Nitro, teaming with current WWE producer Joey Mercury as “MNM.” “JBL was one of the main event guys at the time,” he recalled, “and I don’t remember exactly what Justin Roberts did to become the target for the hazing of this specific oversea trip, but JBL asked me and Joey to snag Justin’s passport.”

Under the circumstances, they had to think it over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:45 pm

“I remember it ‘being a thing,’ you know? We were looking at Justin, he was a few rows ahead of us on this plane, sleeping. We were like, ‘What do we do?’” MNM had become a target of Layfield’s, as well, and they realized that if they went along with the abuse, which JBL presented to them as being a great prank, there was at least a decent chance that they would be left alone. Some of the abuse they endured included having the sleeves being cut off their ring robes—not only doing property damage, but getting them in trouble for not having the robes. “It’s enticing,” he said of going along with the plan.

“Ultimately, we considered the options, and wound up deciding to not do it,” he explained. “This is a weird thing for a wrestler to say, especially in that era, but I usually went by the golden rule. I wouldn’t have appreciated someone doing that to me, especially someone I considered a peer.” Johnny described how he ended up having to deal with Layfield’s torment on and off for several years, eventually being left alone after he had enough and shoved the larger wrestler. It wasn’t just about hitting his breaking point, though: In 2009, when this happened, Johnny (then working under the name John Morrison) was being used as one of the top wrestlers on the company’s SmackDown show. He knew he wouldn’t get in trouble for fighting back.

As for Roberts, though, there was a moment in Tuscon, right after he returned to the States from the passport mess, where it became clear to him that what he was going through was a lot bigger than John Layfield. “I was sitting in the production meeting, Vince [McMahon] is running the meeting, and when it ends, he’s the first to leave,” Roberts recalled. “I was sitting there, and as he walked by me, he just whispered to me: ‘Don’t forget your passport! Ha-haa!’ and walked away. That’s when I knew there was no sympathy in that company. This stuff is encouraged.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Meltzer says that WWE execs laugh at fans reaction as long as the business remains strong. Considering how Reigns is selling so much merchandise, he is going to continue being the top dog
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Reigns won't end up having as many titles as Cena or even Orton but I think his booking has been the second strongest of all time after Goldberg
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 pm

Remember that story about Punk outselling Cena for a while so they basically made 8 sets of Cena merch for every 1 for Punk lol.

That's what happening with Reigns, they are so manipulative it's unreal and for that reason it means nothing in relation to his popularity.

Can pretty much guarantee that do the same with any other main event level guy they'd sell more, as Meltzer has said there's no actual proof Reigns is a draw.

No one is selling more because they don't want them to, they are completely manipulating it to suit what they want and because the company makes money and there's nothing stopping that they won't change.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 am

You know even though I barely watching wrestling anymore and none of my friends who got me into wrestling in the first place still watch it, I still make the effort every year to watch Wrestlemania spoiler free and avoid the internet all week. That is the thrill of Wrestlemania. And I still get excited reading other people's thoughts and opinions on the show.

My thoughts were that AJ-Shane was the best match on the card. Shane's SSP was a 'holy shit' moment. The Hardy's return was awesome but the show was too damn long. I was falling asleep during Rollins/HHH and was a struggle to get through the rest. Goldberg/Lesnar was a well put together match and Goldberg's no-sell of the suplex at the start was great. Goldberg actually looks like a midget compared to Lesnar. Reigns/Taker needed to be what Goldberg/Lesnar was. Short to hid Taker's weakness. It was embarrassing watching Taker no longer be able to go. Can't believe we never got Cena/Taker.

Orton/Wyatt was average. I knew their match was going to be average as I don't rate either guys in the ring. I really hope Miz and AJ get back in the Smackdown title scene.

Ambrose got screwed over not being on the main show. They missed the boat with him. Should had pushed him last Wrestlemania. He needs to freshen up his character.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:00 am

Btw, superstar shakeup is all about strengthening Raw. Get ready for some one sided trades.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:53 pm

silver wrote:Btw, superstar shakeup is all about strengthening Raw. Get ready for some one sided trades.

Well yeah Laughing

Because if it was about improving the quality of both shows, they'd focus almost entirely on the mid-card, tag teams and womens division.

The main event scene on both shows are not really a problem.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Apparently Mauro has left for good

JBL story is getting bigger. Meltzer says JBL's bullying is "way worse" than he imagined. A lot more people are coming forward with stories.

Interesting times.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Absolute joke if the best announcer who actually ads emotion to the matches and not the boring AF calls from everyone else has left because they support bullies.

What's worse is they won't do anything unless someone massive like ESPN calls them out on it and they won't because they are in bed with WWE.

This isn't anything new either, JBL has a massive history of this shit but it never went public.

I hope Mauro makes it a massive story tbh, he doesn't need WWE so it's not like it hurts him.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm

can't wait for Mauro to turn up at a Smackdown taping with half of the fighters from Pride that he's tight with tbh

On the latest edition of his podcast, Vince Russo took some pretty nasty shots at “marks” and the “dirt sheet” writers. The episode is titled “Vince Breaks Out New Show-Castrating The Marks & Their Dirt Sheets,” and Russo says if they like certain wrestlers as much as they do than they “must be gay or at least somewhere beyond exclusively heterosexual on the Kinsey Scale”.

Russo also takes shots at several “dirtsheet” writers, insulting their looks. He said, “They all look like losers,” he said. “They all look like marks.”

Russo also clarified that he has no problem with the gay community, saying, “Bro, whatever floats your boat. Who cares. Its not up to me to judge you. I’ve worked with gay wrestlers, I could care less. With that being said, I’m looking at these kind of individuals and I’m looking at reactions to other men. That’s what we’re talking about here. The way they react to Kevin Owens, the way they react to Sami Zayn, the way they react to Samoa Joe and Finn Balor. Their reactions to other men. I just watched the Giants game, I’m not wacking myself off when Buster Posey comes to the plate. I’m not taking it out and playing with it. And I love Buster Posey, but I love in the sense that he’s on my team and I want them to win. But I don’t start chanting ‘This is Awesome’ when he steps up to the plate. Its not a normal reaction for men to react to other men in that way. It’s not a normal reaction.”

Russo added, “So I have come to the conclusion if you are part of the NXT crowd, the people who were in Orlando, the ‘This is Awesome’ crowd, you fall in three categories. Its this simple, bro. You’re either A) homosexual. Okay, you like men. For you to react this way, you have to like men. B) You’re either no homosexual but have homosexual tendencies. Or C) You’re in the closet. Its that simple bro, because men do not react to other men that way. It’s not a normal function. Bro, I had someone tweet me after I made a tweet that Finn Balor has to hit the gym. Bro, I literally had a guy send me a picture of Finn Balor with his shirt off. Bro, you are probably a homosexual. If you are searching the internet for pictures of Finn Balor without his shirt on, and taking his time to send it to me, you fall in one of these categories.”

@mt
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:16 pm

LMFAO
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Yeh heard that podcast earlier. Proud

Think it's about time Russo returned to WWE. He's like the only big name left who's yet to return, along with Punk. He'd probably get more heat than Reigns does from smarks.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:37 pm

The irony here is there is no bigger mark than Russo lol.

He's a massive mark for himself.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:40 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Brawl_for_All

why do I have no memory of this despite being a massive wrestling fan at the time..it sounds familiar but I couldn't remember anything about it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Brawl for All is so infamous Laughing

So many great stories came out of it, like someone supposedly was supposed to be getting a push and Knocked the *bleep* out so it never happened rofl

I don't remember at the time it happened but i have read about it so many times over the years since.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Brawl for All was actually Russo's idea. hmm

JBL apparently wanted a hardcore division and said he could beat anyone in a bar fight, as a result the Brawl for All was created.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:03 pm

JBL is such a scumbag rofl

Shame WWE is neutered I reckon genuine JBL would be ace on the commentary table.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:38 pm

Brawl for all was actually supposed to get Dr Death Steve Williams over after he won. But he lost. Was supposed to feud with Austin afterwards.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:26 pm

draft

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 pm

making me click a spoiler for women's news smh

ain't nobody etc
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:47 pm

Hope that's the case, she's done everything possible on that show.

Should move on tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:41 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition - Page 26 G2MvpBn

What's Firenze doing in the impact zone maggle?!
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next