Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Although i should say while i'm fine with Meltzer on news and rumours etc, i do find myself disagreeing with him a lot on match reviews etc etc.

That's fine though, it's all subjective.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by M99 Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:13 pm

I don't think the six stars a joke, Meltzer called it the greatest match he has ever seen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:15 pm

M99 wrote:I don't think the six stars a joke, Meltzer called it the greatest match he has ever seen.

Nah the 6 stars part is, i listened to him it was quite clear it was a rib on the whole he gives an extra star for Tokyo Dome matches from trolls.

The greatest match ever thing while i disagree is completely how he feels though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Can't believe they gave Ambrose that jobber title again. You just know he'll do the job to Boring Corbin at WM in some stupid multi-man ladder match.

1. It's not a jobber title, it's actually quite sad that you feel that way tbh considering how much better booked the title has been in the last 12 months.

2. Ambrose hasn't been beaten clean since Wrestlemania against Brock *bleep* Lesnar so he's not likely to "job" to anyone.

3. He was booked like Roman Reigns in that match

Honestly in the same position, I'd have no problem seeing AJ Styles in a feud with Miz for the IC Title but I don't particularly see it like you seem to.

I don't care how he was booked or how the IC title has been booked lately. The fact of the matter is, him having the title this close to WM is a bad sign. He's going to open the show in some ladder match with the likes of Ziggler, Miz, Kalisto, and Corbin.

Him facing Ellsworth at Wrestlemania would be a bigger match than the one they'll probably put him in.

This isn't even an Ambrose-specific thing either. If AJ was given the IC title this close to Wrestlemania, I'd be worried as well. Let's face it, the title is never going to matter. It will only matter when WWE makes a big deal out of it in one of it's big PPV's, which I highly doubt they will.

The Miz has definitely made it more relevant than it was before, but at the end of the day, it's never going to be more than a geeky midcard title. No Mercy showed that, and the card at Wrestlemania will show that as well. I'd love to be proven wrong, mind you.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Well i understand that but personally i don't believe the IC title will be in a ladder match this year.

Mainly because of the Cruiserweights, it's a perfect excuse to use the Ladder for that.

Also they don't really have enough mid card guys to do a 6 man IC title ladder match, genuinely think it will be a 1 v 1 match.

Then my stance becomes is the story good? if it is then i don't really care.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:29 am

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:34 am

corny name still, just all him chris hero ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:57 am

watched most of that kenny omega vs okada match that everyone is hyping as the GOAT, seemed pretty dope

what happens in terms of storylines over in Japan? do they just tell the story in the ring etc, cut promos? backstage segments? always figured it was very much in ring focused, might catch it more often ( I won't because I'm lazy but in a perfect world etc)
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:35 am

Yeah...ermmm...Charlotte / Sasha has nothing on this
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Firenze wrote:watched most of that kenny omega vs okada match that everyone is hyping as the GOAT, seemed pretty dope

what happens in terms of storylines over in Japan? do they just tell the story in the ring etc, cut promos? backstage segments? always figured it was very much in ring focused, might catch it more often ( I won't because I'm lazy but in a perfect world etc)

They are more ring focused than WWE, but it's not like they don't do promos and tell stories etc etc.

Problem is that from a week to week basis from what i can tell most of the time it's not that good IMO. But they always build hard towards this show every year ( it's always the best show of the year personally)

I personally can't put the time into it following it more often, i tried with Lucha Underground as well and while i enjoyed the storytelling of that show i just couldn't keep up.

Usually with New Japan i'll just watch matches that i'm told are amazing and try and catch the promos leading up to it if i can and sometimes Wrestle Kingdom as a whole.

I didn't with Omega/Okada though, honestly with wrestling it's hard to keep up with it all. WWE is enough as it is, the people that watch all the different promotions week to week i genuinely don't know how they do it.

Although i will confess i wish i could put the time into it and know about all the feuds from start to finish.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote:watched most of that kenny omega vs okada match that everyone is hyping as the GOAT, seemed pretty dope

They are more ring focused than WWE, but it's not like they don't do promos and tell stories etc etc.

Problem is that from a week to week basis from what i can tell most of the time it's not that good IMO. But they always build hard towards this show every year ( it's always the best show of the year personally)

I personally can't put the time into it following it more often, i tried with Lucha Underground as well and while i enjoyed the storytelling of that show i just couldn't keep up.

Usually with New Japan i'll just watch matches that i'm told are amazing and try and catch the promos leading up to it if i can and sometimes Wrestle Kingdom as a whole.

I didn't with Omega/Okada though, honestly with wrestling it's hard to keep up with it all. WWE is enough as it is, the people that watch all the different promotions week to week i genuinely don't know how they do it.

Although i will confess i wish i could put the time into it and know about all the feuds from start to finish.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 15 Slp7hu

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Wow. What a match. Its up there with Okada vs Tanahashi from last year.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:21 pm

KO: "there is no plan. My schedule is cleared and I'm weighing all options. I've a lot to consider. Thx for the patience/support"

pls WWE
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:27 pm

It's a storyline lol.

He said repeatedly in the days leading up to WK11 that he's not leaving Japan and shitted on practically every WWE guy except AJ and shitted on the company as a whole.

He also said i want to be the guy who doesn't need WWE to be a star, he's not coming to WWE any time soon.

He might do one day because money talks, but it's not going to be for a long, long time.

Besides i don't know why you want him in WWE, he'll just be fed to Roman and have his character severely neutered like everybody else.

AJ is pretty much the only they haven't *bleep* up and i'm convinced if it wasn't for the brand split they would have.

Also if you have read anything about Omega, he's an absolute mark for Japanese culture and lifestyle. He's a video games and anime geek and not like most North American wrestlers mentally. For WWE to get him at any stage will take a truck load of money.

AJ was different, because he wanted to be back in America so he could see his kids more often. This isn't the case with Omega.

It's also the reason he's only getting hyped in the last year or so, he's never been on american television. Where as guys from TNA and ROH wrestle on American TV and therefore more known to the public eye.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm

owens absolutely SUCKS

looks like he has no place when in the ring with 50 year old men ffs

he's athletic but doesn't look like a champion, I liked him before his title run and you could blame a lot of it on booking, I don't watch Raw every week but I've watched enough to last few months, been one of the worst title runs in recent years IMO. On par with that Orton run where he was being booked to look like a scrub.

need the title on Jericho ASAP.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:41 pm

I got confused with the KO for a second there
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:41 pm

same

thought he meant Owens contract was up or something lol

Omega should stay in Japan IMO,
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 pm

I want WWE to give Omega the AJ treatment, i want them to push him hard and let him do his thing, because i know that he can be that damn good. Of course if they restrict him as they tend to do, then it won't work out. I know Omega said those stuff, but i still wouldn't rule it out forever, last year i posted an article (that i cba to find right now) where said that he could see himself in the WWE in the future, along with The Young Bucks. If WWE knows whats good for them, they'd cash in that trio, the potential storylines would be insane. But anyways, back to Omega, yeah he probably won't jump ship now. His video game/anime fandom is no different than Xavier Woods', so i don't see how that could be a problem. In fact, they'd probably be best buds on the roster, can even see him appearing in UpUpDownDown. In the end, he will probably stay in NJPW for the time being, but i don't rule out his move WWE, even if he had some things to say about them.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Firenze wrote:owens absolutely SUCKS

looks like he has no place when in the ring with 50 year old men ffs

he's athletic but doesn't look like a champion, I liked him before his title run and you could blame a lot of it on booking, I don't watch Raw every week but I've watched enough to last few months, been one of the worst title runs in recent years IMO. On par with that Orton run where he was being booked to look like a scrub.

need the title on Jericho ASAP.

It's the character lol, before he was booked like a beast. Prizefighter Kevin Owens was legit, but this version of him is shite.

It's what i meant by everyone around Roman Reigns has their character severely neutered. Same thing is happening to Rollins and to a certain extent Jericho is getting boring ffs.

Everything is get Reigns over, no one else character matters to them.

I enjoyed Kevin Owens IC title champ character a million times more than his Universal title run character.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:48 pm

ES wrote:I want WWE to give Omega the AJ treatment, i want them to push him hard and let him do his thing, because i know that he can be that damn good. Of course if they restrict him as they tend to do, then it won't work out. I know Omega said those stuff, but i still wouldn't rule it out forever, last year i posted an article (that i cba to find right now) where said that he could see himself in the WWE in the future, along with The Young Bucks. If WWE knows whats good for them, they'd cash in that trio, the potential storylines would be insane. But anyways, back to Omega, yeah he probably won't jump ship now. His video game/anime fandom is no different than Xavier Woods', so i don't see how that could be a problem. In fact, they'd probably be best buds on the roster, can even see him appearing in UpUpDownDown. In the end, he will probably stay in NJPW for the time being, but i don't rule out his move WWE, even if he had some things to say about them.

So do i, but looking at it objectively they won't do it unless they are both on Smackdown because of the Reigns factor.

Although i do confess an AJ and Omega feud with Anderson and Gallows on one side and Young Bucks on the other would be *bleep* amazing.

Unless they finally give up on the Reigns babyface push which i doubt then i find it hard to believe they won't treat him like they have Kevin Owens.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Just read that Reigns is going to face Owens and Jericho in a 2 on 1 handicap match for the US title on Raw lol.

Can't wait for when Reigns beats them both lmfao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Just read that Reigns is going to face Owens and Jericho in a 2 on 1 handicap match for the US title on Raw lol.

Can't wait for when Reigns beats them both lmfao.

LMAOOOOOOOOO

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Omega's contract just finishes before RR btw.

So wwe might pull a madness

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Wait, so Reigns, the US Champ, is going to go over the Universal Champ and Jericho? Surely they can't be that stupid, even when it comes to Reigns Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:31 pm

This is why no one takes RAW seriously lmao

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:40 pm

If they had any sense it's a decent excuse to get the belt on Jericho while keeping Reigns strong.

And then once Jericho goes back with Fozzy on tour the mid card on Raw can actually be a thing again and have someone do a Miz with the US title.

They of course won't do that though, because it makes too much sense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next