Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Has Smackdown historically been a more superior show?

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 pm

ES wrote:Has Smackdown historically been a more superior show?

Only during Heyman's era really ( when he legitimately booked the show between 2002-04) It was good between the back half of 2000s as well as i suppose.

But that was the only time they legitimately gave a shit about it, rest of the time it's been used as filler for RAW storylines tbh.

They have to give a shit now, because USA wanted the brand split for ratings. Vince isn't about to piss off USA execs.

That's the thing, it genuinely comes off they are actively trying to produce a good show because they need to for ratings. Where as with RAW they know they have the 2.5m by default and can bring in Goldberg now and again for ratings spikes.

Fine by me really, as long i enjoy one of them i don't really care.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:28 am

Onyx wrote:Can't genuinely get interested in the product if it's just going to be generic good guy vs bad guy feuds. "I'm better than you! You suck! I'll beat you for the title this Sunday!" etc etc. Just really cliche. Need a story that's special and larger than life that gets people talking imo. Only one I can think of atm is a Cena heel turn.

You are talking like every feud during the Attitude Era was one of a kind and blah blah blah.

And after years of mediocrity (Sprinkled with some great feuds) they are picking up.

Smackdown is proving it with weekly good shows in and out. It will take time, something I have never seen you giving.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:27 am

Okada-Omega was something, holy shiet :bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:39 am

Can't believe they gave Ambrose that jobber title again. You just know he'll do the job to Boring Corbin at WM in some stupid multi-man ladder match.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:35 am

AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:48 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Speaking of the women, this Ellsworth and Carmella angle is *bleep* hilarious. Laughing

Watching Talking Smack and he's acting like the teenager who has never been laid before lmao, so *bleep* shy and unconfident around her. While she is acting like she actually is attracted to him lol and while he's actively helping her in matches i'm interested to see where it goes.

This has no right to be good but somehow it is.

I lost it when Daniel Bryan said "he might be bigger than we think he is." Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Casciavit wrote:Can't believe they gave Ambrose that jobber title again. You just know he'll do the job to Boring Corbin at WM in some stupid multi-man ladder match.

1. It's not a jobber title, it's actually quite sad that you feel that way tbh considering how much better booked the title has been in the last 12 months.

2. Ambrose hasn't been beaten clean since Wrestlemania against Brock *bleep* Lesnar so he's not likely to "job" to anyone.

3. He was booked like Roman Reigns in that match

Honestly in the same position, I'd have no problem seeing AJ Styles in a feud with Miz for the IC Title but I don't particularly see it like you seem to.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:47 pm

I watched Okada and Omega during my lunch.

It's *bleep* amazing, the story being told and the selling and anything about it was top class.

Although i should be clear about this, it's not one of the best matches ever. Like Okada-Tanahashi and AJ-Nakamura from last years Wrestle Kingdom it is the standard the year should be judged by.

But i get the feeling the people who say it's the greatest match ever haven't watched a New Japan show before. I'm no expert by any means but i have seen enough Okada, Tanahashi, Nakamura, Kota Ibushi and AJ Styles when he was there Wrestle Kingdom matches to know that it's not THAT good.

It is amazing though, i just feel like Wrestle Kingdom main events are always amazing so it's an incredibly high bar to live up to.

Just like how i feel like people lost their shit over Zayn-Nakamura because they never saw Nakamura before, when the reality is Nakamura has many, many matches better than it in New Japan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:04 pm

So does anyone else think Cena will be dragged into Nikki-Natalya storyline? Would be so cool though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Casciavit wrote:Can't believe they gave Ambrose that jobber title again. You just know he'll do the job to Boring Corbin at WM in some stupid multi-man ladder match.

IC has been the 2nd most relevant title after world title. Miz and his feuds has truly made it mean something.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Nah, he's too involved in his own storyline. Would be weird for him to be in a feud with AJ and then get involved with Nikki and Natalya's feud.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah, he's too involved in his own storyline. Would be weird for him to be in a feud with AJ and then get involved with Nikki and Natalya's feud.

Not necessarily now but this Nikki-Natalya feud could go on for a while though so I am just wondering coz Natalya keeps mentioning Cena's name in her segments. Would be something great imo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:13 pm

How long do you expect this to go on? because assuming Cena does face Taker like we all believe then it would be even weirder then Laughing

I agree it could be great but i don't think it's going to happen for obvious reasons. I think they'll continue to use Cena's name without seeing him involved directly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:17 pm

After Mania perhaps? I guess it would be too long a wait.

The idea is to have a heel Cena and Nikki become a power couple of SD
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:21 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 14 B7abfae9fef28e53a0334d019f843fbd
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 14 B7abfae9fef28e53a0334d019f843fbd

Would love if they recreate something like this. Could easily elevate many other wrestlers. Someone like Dean could hugely benefit out of something like this.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Although they did with Edge-Lita , Cena-Nikki would be something huge and would totally have a big effect on the ratings.

But fantasies are fantasies.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:27 pm

I have been watching episodes of Raw from 2001 recently before the Austin heel turn and i can't get over that HHH is wearing a shirt that says "Game Over? you're damn right i'm over!" rofl

11 year old me wouldn't have had a clue what that meant.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:35 pm

I remember HHH-Austin feud around the time when I was young and man, HHH using that sledgehammer scared the hell out of me. Their 3 stages of hell match was brutal.

Don't think there has been another guy in more brutal matches than HHH imo. Guy bled like every single PPV ffs.

I actually have been watching a lot of Triple H and rock segments recently and I can't believe they dint have a Rock-HHH singles match at Mania. That would've broken all records ffs. Instead we got a useless fatal 4 way match with Mcmahon family making it all about them. :facepalm:

2000 was THE year of Wrestling.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:38 pm

It's funny while i agree that 2000 was the year, they *bleep* WM up real bad that year Laughing

Only real high point was the Triangle Ladder Match which was bested by the TLC match at 17, every other PPV was hot shit though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Yep. They regret it hard for not having Rock and HHH in their prime at Mania.

Austin-Hogan is another match we missed. Too bad Austin was too much of a *bleep* back then.

Actually going back to 2002, if Austin-Hogan had a programme at Mania, we couldve possibly seen Rock-HHH in the very same ppv. Mania 18 is another Mania where they *bleep* up the main event.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Metzelder gave Omega-Okada a 6 star rating Shocked
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:51 pm

He's trolling, people always say that he gives an extra star for anything in New Japan so he considers it a 5 star and going with the narrative.

It is fantastic though, but like i said the New Japan quality is very high for Wrestle Kingdom and i have seen better when i was going through old matches last year when i read AJ and Nakamura was signing.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:05 pm

I was surprised by that as well. I don't think it's better than Ibushi-Nakamura from WK9 nor is it better than Okada-Tanahashi from WK10 tbh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Although i should say while i'm fine with Meltzer on news and rumours etc, i do find myself disagreeing with him a lot on match reviews etc etc.

That's fine though, it's all subjective.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next