Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
Jay29
43 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Imagine Sanchez-Lewa upfront though

feels like de ja vu. Think we discussed this before Laughing

replacing Muller with Sanchez is a huge upgrade

I'm imagining it, and I see 2 egoists pouting. I don't want Alexis. This is all bullshit.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 pm

According to the Mirror, #Arsenal are set to offer Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain a new contract worth £100k a week

He has arguably been our top 3 player in 2017. I'd keep him. More than the other british frauds

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:22 pm

The wing-back role suits him. He can charge straight up the pitch and get away with it, he can find space to put crosses in, and he doesn't have as many decisions to make as he does when playing in midfield or on the wing. It simplifies the game for him.

He just has to improve his defending.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:43 pm

:fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:04 am

Jay29 wrote:The wing-back role suits him. He can charge straight up the pitch and get away with it, he can find space to put crosses in, and he doesn't have as many decisions to make as he does when playing in midfield or on the wing. It simplifies the game for him.

He just has to improve his defending.

that's the big task though, improve his defending. It's his weakness for longest time, mostly his positioning.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:07 am

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:25 am

This is a great thread on Arsenal's financial situation:

https://twitter.com/damola3/status/857743161459867648

tl;dr version: Arsenal's spending is handicapped by an inability to balance purchases with high-value sales.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:42 am

Sina wrote:

IMO it would be a grave mistake to buy anyone based on Bundesliga 16/17 performances and stats. The league has been of really, really low quality this season.
Exception MAYBE Naby Keita but the rest of those new names arrising from last season might as well turn out to be completely mediocre.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:20 am

Jay29 wrote:This is a great thread on Arsenal's financial situation:

tl;dr version: Arsenal's spending is handicapped by an inability to balance purchases with high-value sales.

It seems like years of losing key players has made Wenger reluctant to sell anyone at all. There should be a massive overhaul in our squad but it won't be because Wenger is obsessed to prove everyone wrong with some of these players he claimed are better than the Invincibles (he really did).
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:51 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Jay29 wrote:This is a great thread on Arsenal's financial situation:

It seems like years of losing key players has made Wenger reluctant to sell anyone at all. There should be a massive overhaul in our squad but it won't be because Wenger is obsessed to prove everyone wrong with some of these players he claimed are better than the Invincibles (he really did).

Maybe some of the current squad could have played with the Invincibles but the better question is to compare the manager then and now. A lot more could be achieved with this squad and comparisons to our best side wouldn't be as amiss.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Was just reading about Pires saying we will sign Mbappe.... when something struck me.

Doesn't Monaco owe us one for signing that Korean guy?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:28 pm

thats cute

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Sri wrote:thats cute
Oh my friend, you are hiding here Razz
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:46 pm

So which players should definitely be moved on? I'm thinking:

Ospina
Mertesacker
Debuchy  
Jenkinson
Gibbs
Coquelin
Wilshere
Giroud

And that's just to trim the squad of all the players that have lost value for various reasons and free up wages. There should be serious questions about Ramsey, Welbeck and Walcott too, but I don't think we need to move them on right away.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Yea agreed with that list. Not that they are terrible players but i think moving away will do both parties good. We haven't gone anywhere with those players while those players themselves might do better somewhere else with another manager.

Although, I'd keep Mertesacker as some sort of player/coach role. Not that we do them otherwise Arteta would still be at the club.

Shame about Wilshere. But I don't think he himself wants to return. 'What could have been?' Never been so excited about a prospect as I was with him.

Ospina is a very good keeper despite his antics. Should play regularly at a decent club.

Gibbs needs to move on. I do think he loves the club but his career isn't going anywhere with us.

Giroud needs to be sold. He is a decent striker who has done well for us but he has lasted 2 years more than he should have at Arsenal.

Coquelin's level is WBA etc.

Welbeck? idk, I suppose one more season for him.

Ramsey is a good player.

Walcott will retire with us or leave when he is around 30/31 to Southampton. I don't mind him at all but he should be a rotational player.

Wish we could get Bernardo Silva for RW.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 pm

My personal wishlist

A LB but I think that's done with Kolasinac

Ideally I would get another CB and sell Gabriel but doubt Wenger will do that. Hopefully Holding gets more opportunities. His calm and composed style compliments Koscielny's

Need a mobile, athletic, strong CM who can actually pass forward and doesn't panic under pressure.

A RW like Bernardo Silva or someone who actually can dribble effectively and is good on the ball. I really miss having Nasri or prime Rosicky on the wings.

A striker who is fast and and clinical. I'd love Icardi at Arsenal but doubt he'd move. Lacazette would be great too.

I'd keep Cech for another year but a new backup keeper won't be too bad. Pickford maybe?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Since Wengers was not serious with 343 at the 1st place, I guess Chambers future has turnt to shit again. Was hoping he could slot in with 3 at the back.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 pm

If Wenger stays, which he is:

Ospina
Mertesacker
Gabriel
Debuchy  
Jenkinson
Gibbs
Coquelin
Ramsey
Cazorla
Wilshere
Walcott
Giroud

Welbeck will not get us a big enough fee and is not on some astronomical wages like Walcott and Ramsey are so I'd keep him as a squad player.

Need to sign a GK (or return Szczesny to save some funds), a RB, CB, LB, DM, CM, RW, CF.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:31 pm

The main problem is that Wenger has lost it so even if you give him guys like Bernardo Silva he won't know what to do with them. He's lost his flair so even getting the right players might be a problem. Sanchez and Ozil are at the club because RM and Barca didn't want them.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 pm

My updated Hit list

Wenger
Szczensy
Ospina
Debuchy
Jenkinson
Mustafi
Chambers
Gibbs
Coquelin
Wilshere
Perez
Giroud
Akpom
Sanogo
Campbell

New starting CB/LB/CM/CF are needed regardless of Alexis/Ozil situation
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Since 2010 this is our signings from France

Laurent Koscielny
Marouane Chamakh
Gervinho
Chu-Young Park
Olivier Giroud
Yaya Sanogo
David Ospina

+French players signed or brought back

Sébastien Squillaci
Francis Coquelin
Mathieu Flamini
Mathieu Debuchy

Rolling Eyes
and Wenger talks about french market and talent that is coming through
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Koscielny is pretty good.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 02, 2017 6:50 pm

-According to @plazadeportiva_, Arsenal have shown enough interest in Malaga's Pablo Fornals to prevent him from agreeing to join Valencia.

-Plaza Deportiva: Valencia have contacted Fornals and Malaga about a possible deal, but #AFC consider him a potential Cazorla replacement.

-Plaza Deportiva: Fornals has a €20m buyout clause in his contract, but it's thought there might be another release clause at just €12m.
https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/859449077347610624

any good?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Scored a screamer against Sevilla last night. That's about all I've seen of him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Stopped playing Fifa so can't judge.

But I do like AMs so why not?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue May 02, 2017 9:39 pm

We need to get rid of at least 8 players, including that useless British core:

Ospina - £4m
Jenkinson - £5m
Mertesacker - £1m
Gabriel - £8m
Gibbs - £7m
Cazorla - £3m
Ramsey - £22m
Wilshere - £22m
Coquelin - £10m
Giroud - £10m
Theo - £18m

Let's call it £120m give or take. In this current market, we'd do wellto sign 5 players lol

Let's us not forget that while we sat on piles of money it depreciated due to player inflation and now brexit.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next