zizzle
CBarca
Blue Barrett
62 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 30 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:16 pm

The right man on the right place. This is what the US of America deserves.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:28 pm

This year the fringe candidates polled six million votes which is (if I'm not wrong) the highest share/volume since Ross Perot (1992). I believe this is a measure of the popularity (or the lack of it) of the mainstream candidates.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:30 pm

The reason I wanted Hillary for the main part, as I've always stated, is the checks and balances put in place. It's important for a power as great as The United States to have a safety net against uninformed governance. A total control in the senate and house, and most likely the supreme court is damning for all of America. Trump is not dangerous, a lot of his voters are, though. A lot of Hillary's are also dangerous. Politicians are dangerous... maybe even more so because of their morals and power, which is why Hillary needed to win. In election Donald Trump you just made sure that by not voting for a politician, you gave the politicians full power to do whatever they want on the national governing side.

Also, as Trump has no idea what politicians do, Pence is most likely going to be the main head of The US. A man who believes in creation, denies science, pro-lifer, and last of all... he believes you can cure homosexuality. It still pains me to see how it came to this. I don't understand how people could vote for Trump... But then again, I do. The American government has not been kind to the middle class over the years, far from it. They've gone from their best time ever to the worst since the 30s. And they weren't heard, so they rebelled using they constitutional right, to vote. And they made a huge (no Trump intended) statement.

But I still feel like it was a no-win situation, unless Bernie had won. The Republicans aren't going to help the people who vote for them. Those manufactuting jobs are never coming back, despite what Trump has said. Tax decreases are only going to help the one percent.
Nothing Trump has said will be done. Instead the republicans will spend the next two to four years undoing Obama's entire presidency. USA will lose all of it's progressive climate change policies and for that, the whole world will suffer the consequences.

To imagine this could've been avoided with any other candidate than Hillary. I understand why the Democrats chose her. Bernie was an independant who wanted to use the DRC's infrastructure for his own gain, so I find it fair, albeit stupid, that they decided to choose Hillary.

But they were arrogant, and stupid, and didn't listen to the state of the American people. Bernie was a charismatic, excentric man, but the most important thing about him, that you couldn't say about any of the other candidates, is that he's a trustworthy person.

I really hope there's some sane educated republicans who oppose any changes to the climate policies. At least if they're not more progressive.

The whole world needs to come together and not let this dangerous rhetoric tear us apart. Men are still good. I've had a horrible feeling in my stomach all night and couldn't sleep. I almost cried because I felt that bad. I still believe that there's sensible people in America who won't allow a lot of things to happen, because at the moment, history has its eyes on you.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:43 pm

This is not a good sign, and I'm not talking about Trump winning, I'm talking about what his victory means.

15, 20 years ago, in no way under the sun a guy like Trump would've won or even made it past the primaries. But I guess, now, those who voted for him thought that desperate times call for desperate measures.

The fact that he has won proves that people are now afraid and are no longer concerned with what's right and wrong. When you reach this boiling point, everything becomes permitted and the probability of a world war increases exponentially.

Some people think he won because people are concerned about their national identity and culture being lost, but I don't necessarily agree. I believe that most humans haven't evolved yet, and their morality only lasts up until the resources start shrinking.

Brexit and Trump aren't the result of people being concerned about their culture. At least not entirely. It's mostly the result of people feeling their lifestyle not as comfortable as it once was.

The radius of the blame circle expands and shrinks depending on the resources available. They first start blaming the illegal immigrants, then the legal immigrants, then when the resources keep shrinking and there's no outsider left to lay the blame on, they turn against each other.  I'm not talking about the US alone here, I'm talking about the whole world. I'm talking about human nature.

This sense of self-entitlement is baffling to me and it exists everywhere I go, including where I'm from. I never understood why would anybody feel that some country is theirs by right. No, buddy, you were born there just like your ancestors, but it doesn't belong to you, it's not yours, you're only living in it. We're all here temporarily and nobody owns the planet earth.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Not to sound like a douche or anything, but saying 'the reason i wanted...' when you're not a native sounds presumptuous. They have the right to vote for their country, we don't. We should respect their decision - we can criticize - but these people voted, even if it was an unfavourable candidate, you can't chastise, its their country and its their right to vote
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Hillary would be Obama 2.0...nothing would change. Obama was a muppet and so would be that fraudulent woman.

Also, I wonder who voted Trump since everyone seems to be disagreeing with his views. Are people afraid to admit that publicly? Trump's pre election rallies were lively and cheerful, Hillary's, hmm, not so much.

Both were pretty bad candidates but if I had to choose I'd actually vote Trump and I'm not afraid to admit that. Even taking into consideration his ridiculous views on global warming or homosexuality.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:57 pm

ES wrote:Not to sound like a douche or anything, but saying 'the reason i wanted...' when you're not a native sounds presumptuous. They have the right to vote for their country, we don't. We should respect their decision - we can criticize - but these people voted, even if it was an unfavourable candidate, you can't chastise, its their country and its their right to vote

Climate change is not something that affect us all? How can I/We not have an opinion on it?

Also. The people didn't choose him. Hillary received more votes, which is another testament to how ridiculous the US system is. It's fair to criticize anything, it's a cornerstone in a democracy.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:58 pm

My friends. So it happened. As I predicted over a year ago.

Let me briefly and very shortly explain the Brexit/Trump/Populism phenomena in case you can't figure it out.

It's a vote against the self interested corrupt establishment as much as it's a vote against cultural marxism as much as it's a vote against (failing) multiculturalism and globalisation.

The left allowed itself to morph into a hysterical liberal elite who thought their moral superiority would make up for utterly failing all the working people they once represented.

Ordinary people are having none of it. And they can't express it freely (in fear of being labeled as [...IST], socially ostracized, or losing their jobs for wrong-think), but in secret of casting down a ballot vote, they express the frustration.

Fully expect Geert Wilders and Le Pen to continue this wave in 2017 elections of Netherlands and France.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:01 pm

So the rumor is Trump will appoint a Goldman Sachs exec treasury secretary.

Giving a top position to a guy that is at fault for your voters' misery...

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/796385458112626688
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 pm

"Over 11,000 people voted for Harambe"

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:"Over 11,000 people voted for Harambe"

Harambe must be the best meme of 2016 :bow: My boi died too soon.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Freeza wrote:So the rumor is Trump will appoint a Goldman Sachs exec treasury secretary.

Meh, Obama's first treasury secy was Tim Geithner, he was also a Goldman Sachs exec. Been there, done that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:19 pm

Myesyats wrote:

This was the ballot of a guy I kind of know. not sure if he was trolling !

US Presidential Race - Page 30 14963137_10207952612593378_3261638926245979983_n

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:25 pm

McLewis wrote:
Freeza wrote:So the rumor is Trump will appoint a Goldman Sachs exec treasury secretary.

Meh, Obama's first treasury secy was Tim Geithner, he was also a Goldman Sachs exec. Been there, done that.

Wasn't he an exec for the federal reserve?
But again, with this "someone else did it too".

Wasn't the point of voting Trump that he would fix things and improve the system?

Or was it just a protest movement? There was also a protest movement in denmark where our right wing party won. They've had their worst year in a long time because they didn't fulfill any of their promises. Think this'll turn out the same.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Rather he actually vote for someone real. It's a mockery against any democracy to joke about voting. The people that have died for that freedom are countless and to shit on their sacrifice pains me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Yeah Sepi your friends are idiots
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Sepi let me ask you, how is this new wave of right wing power/motion we've witnessed this year going to challenge the self-interested corrupt establishment?

How is a clearly divided Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere world going to function?

How are our liberal-driven education systems going to be reformed, and what are they going to teach us now when they've been teaching us this whole time the overt abuse of right-wing power that has gone down in history?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:31 pm

*bleep* off Sepi you Nazi *bleep*
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Freeza wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Harambe must be the best meme of 2016 :bow: My boi died too soon.

Rather he actually vote for someone real. It's a mockery against any democracy to joke about voting. The people that have died for that freedom are countless and to shit on their sacrifice pains me.
Democracy is in fact a joke, though.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Democracy is the best form of gorvernance we have. Too bad USA is not a democracy, but instead their own republic.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Also we all do realize Kanye is going to win when if runs right?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:49 pm

El Gunner wrote:Sepi let me ask you, how is this new wave of right wing power/motion we've witnessed this year going to challenge the self-interested corrupt establishment?

How is a clearly divided Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere world going to function?

How are our liberal-driven education systems going to be reformed, and what are they going to teach us now when they've been teaching us this whole time the overt abuse of right-wing power that has gone down in history?
It goes in circles. People are fed up with the neoliberal agenda and want change. They are heading their risks that the change will be for the better and not worse. We don't know yet. Time will tell.

Right now, you see a pattern developing. The world is a very toxic and dangerous place now after years of neo-liberalism and neocon agenda....maybe we need a break from that.

You're right about Academia. Academia is filled with 95% liberal professors and the main stream media is 95% liberal too. The latter is DEAD. Especially after they got everything spectacularly wrong this election. The former is harder to replace.

I want our education to tells us about evils as Stalin as much as they do of Hitler. It's a joke that we never hear about evils of Mao, or Stalin. I want them to show the evils of both far right and far left....and then let individuals decide themselves where to stand as opposed to being indoctorined.

I've been an immigrant my entire adult life, and I've never had any problem...and I've lived in some of THE most right-wing countries in Europe (I was living in a small Polish city where people barely spoke any English at all for 6 months this year in midst of the migrant crisis ffs) and I look nothing Polish. I got on, learnt their language, respected their culture and traditions, assimilated IMMEDIATELY, and had a great time.

It's all about the individual. You can always make it work.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:*bleep* off Sepi you Nazi *bleep*

Failing to understand an opposing argument and debate, instead of name calling them as racist, sexist, bigot, xenophobe is EXACTLY why Brexit won, Trump won, and AfD will surge in Germany.

Re-think that strategy, it's not working Hans.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Freeza wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Wasn't he an exec for the federal reserve?
But again, with this "someone else did it too".

Wasn't the point of voting Trump that he would fix things and improve the system?

Or was it just a protest movement? There was also a protest movement in denmark where our right wing party won. They've had their worst year in a long time because they didn't fulfill any of their promises. Think this'll turn out the same.

I'm simply pointing out that this is not unprecedented. Wall Street and other private sector individuals have always had easy access to gov't positions. That's part of a very corrupt system. I don't support of course and I thought Geithner was an absolute stooge, but it showed me just how cozy with Wall Street Obama was. Clinton would've been no different and probably would've even been worse. I am literally not at all surprised that Trump is dipping into that well. Just confirms the direction that many of us already know he'll go in: the return of golden-age crony capitalism.

And certainly, the notion that Trump will fix the system and clear it out the political drudgery is romantic at best, naive at the very worst. He won't and I really don't think he can. Obama had the same grandiose aims.......and he didn't even come close.

I don't think there was a protest movement. If there was, it never gained enough steam to affect any real change. The closest is probably Sanders' movement, but I question whether even he thought he really could win that primary. No clue what would've happened if he did, but I don't think the Democrats base would've coalesced around him the same way we millennials did. Our parents (even the Democratic ones) still think he's a crazy socialist. He was simply too far to the left and I doubt he would've moved far enough to the center to make him comfortable enough for the base to get behind him. So yes there was a protest movement and that's really all it ever was. Energy gave way to apathy and discontent.

Last edited by McLewis on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Neoliberalism is dead. Dead ideology.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Sepi let me ask you, how is this new wave of right wing power/motion we've witnessed this year going to challenge the self-interested corrupt establishment?

It goes in circles. People are fed up with the neoliberal agenda and want change. They are heading their risks that the change will be for the better and not worse. We don't know yet. Time will tell.

Right now, you see a pattern developing. The world is a very toxic and dangerous place now after years of neo-liberalism and neocon agenda....maybe we need a break from that.

You're right about Academia. Academia is filled with 95% liberal professors and the main stream media is 95% liberal too. The latter is DEAD. Especially after they got everything spectacularly wrong this election. The former is harder to replace.

I want our education to tells us about evils as Stalin as much as they do of Hitler. It's a joke that we never hear about evils of Mao, or Stalin. I want them to show the evils of both far right and far left....and then let individuals decide themselves where to stand as opposed to being indoctorined.

I've been an immigrant my entire adult life, and I've never had any problem...and I've lived in some of THE most right-wing countries in Europe (I was living in a small Polish city where people barely spoke any English at all for 6 months this year in midst of the migrant crisis ffs) and I look nothing Polish. I got on, learnt their language, respected their culture and traditions, assimilated IMMEDIATELY, and had a great time.

It's all about the individual. You can always make it work.

Just curious Sepi, did you come across any people of actual color during your stay in Eastern Europe, who were able to effortlessly assimilate without racial issues?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: