Blue Barrett
62 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 29 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by rincon Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:04 am

Don't call me James wrote:
rincon wrote:
This exactly why people are being dumb. If everyone really wanted to slap the system in the face then Hillary wouldn't have won a primary. These kind of ill-advised punishment votes don't work.
Every single person votes for their self interest. You cannot call people idiots for doing something that is better for them than the alternative.
Except its not better for them than the alternative. People have been fooled by inflammatory speech designed to prey on everyone's dissatisfaction. They need to look past the first inch of depth with Trump to realize its just an empty discourse made to obtain power and not to actually help anyone but his own.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:05 am

@James
Well, I didn't vote for Trump or Brexit etc either - the problem is that these decisions will not be isolated to the US or UK, but directly influence the lives of people in other countries, too.

I'm really afraid what this will mean for my life here in Germany when maybe the economy will tank and things will get rougher here as a side-effect, too. After all, all economies are closely intertwined nowadays, and what affects one will affect the others, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 am

Irony is, this is the most democratic thing we witnessed in America for a while Laughing

Clinton had the establishment, the media, vocal celebrities...

Yet the people decided otherwise.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:43 am

Very stupid people though Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:45 am

+1 Vibe

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:30 am

The first decades of the 21th century will go down in history as the time when the white folks in Europe and North America began to have a severe adverse reaction to multiculturalism and immigration. First the rise of right-wing parties across Europe; jump to 2016 and we've had two massive examples of this development in Brexit and now in Trump. The biggest, although not only, reason these two things happened is the fear among the native white population that their society's identity is being lost.

The sad thing is that almost no one seems to either recognise this or want to talk about it as it is.

It's too big a phenomenon to be all put down to racism. There must be room - ample room - between "being racist" and "being concerned about national identity". One can be anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism without being racist at all.

But the political-correctness-produced unwillingness to talk about this in real terms is doing our generation(s) no favours. It's clear as a day, but having an open, public discussion about it in our press, media, parliaments seems almost forbidden. These referendum, election results scream about the issue, but so far we remain incredibly reluctant to even attempt to deal with it. I'm afraid history will not paint our time nicely, for the longer we turn a blind eye on this issue, the worse we will make it, and the worse it gets the harder it will be to successfully solve it. In a 50 years time there could be a lot of blame laid at our feet - and we choose to be all but oblivious to it.

That said, it's a pity the Republicans did not have a better candidate to offer a channel for the white population in America to express their fear of losing their society's identity. Trump offered that option, but he is not a skilled man and will probably be a terrible president. Nevertheless, it will be hugely interesting to see where his election leads to.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:34 am

I knew it was over when he won Ohio. Was only a matter of time before he won my state.

I voted for Johnson. Yes, I knew he wouldn't win. When it came down to me and that ballot, I simply couldn't vote for Hillary and I sure as hell wasn't voting for Trump. Stein and all the other 3rd party candidates simply were not compatible with my views and beliefs. Johnson, for better or worse, was. The choice was as simple as that.

I feel no guilt over my vote. My conscience is clear and I'm at peace completely with my votes on that ballot. Trump is patently unfit to be president, but now he'll get the chance to prove that for all to see. He'll literally get to put his money where his big mouth is. Hillary was certainly experienced enough for the job, but she didn't deserve it. She has run an arrogant, entitled, pandering campaign from the beginning and I wasn't going to reward her stupidity with her e-mails, voting for the Iraq War, he comments in the 90s about people who look like me being "super predators" with the keys to the castle. Just wasn't going to happen.

Neither one of them deserve this office. I really don't know who does. Why? Because we as a country have not done enough to figure out how to get actual doers into not only this position, but others of power as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:35 am

Vibe wrote:Irony is, this is the most democratic thing we witnessed in America for a while Laughing

Clinton had the establishment, the media, vocal celebrities...

Yet the people decided otherwise.

Yeap Laughing The democrats got it soooo wrong this time. It's much more a loss for the liberals, than it is a win for the conservatives.

This played out exactly like Brexit though lol. Thought it would be a liberal win because they were leading then the conservatives came through big time in the clutch with their rural towns.

I agree to a certain degree with James though, this won't be a sudden impending doom like some make it sound, because come on, Trump isn't just going to put minorities into concentration camps etc. The most worrying thing though is the majority republican senate that will be backing Trump's ideologies and how this will just further cause divide in a pretty already f'cking divided world. It's much more an obstacle in the way for liberalism, multiculturalism, action on climate change, (all those things that go with it etc). Let's just hope not much damage is done in the next 4 years.

But besides that point, additionally, another worrying thing is how do democrats and liberals get small town (white) citizens on their side in the next 4 years? Leave it up to republican power to f'ck it up and see that they just shot themselves in the foot? I don't know really.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:39 am

albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino confused Twisted Evil
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:13 am

Art Morte wrote:The first decades of the 21th century will go down in history as the time when the white folks in Europe and North America began to have a severe adverse reaction to multiculturalism and immigration. First the rise of right-wing parties across Europe; jump to 2016 and we've had two massive examples of this development in Brexit and now in Trump. The biggest, although not only, reason these two things happened is the fear among the native white population that their society's identity is being lost.

The sad thing is that almost no one seems to either recognise this or want to talk about it as it is.

It's too big a phenomenon to be all put down to racism. There must be room - ample room - between "being racist" and "being concerned about national identity". One can be anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism without being racist at all.

Because big groups can't be racist. Sure.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:19 am

Boy I sure called this whole thing wrong. I must really be out of touch.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:23 am

So right now Hillary is winning the popular vote (albeit by a minor 0.1%). Electoral college Laughing

Far more concerning to president Trump is a republican congress. He has no check and balance. Can do almost whatever he wants, so long as it doesn't seem too crazy at first.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So right now Hillary is winning the popular vote (albeit by a minor 0.1%). Electoral college Laughing

Far more concerning to president Trump is a republican congress. He has no check and balance. Can do almost whatever he wants, so long as it doesn't seem too crazy at first.

He's actually on track for having less votes than McCain and Romney.

The big issue is just a large number of Democrats didnt show up this time around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:37 am

WTF just happened?

Stop the Earth I wanna get off it...

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:40 am

Leicester, Cavs, Cubs, Portugal, Brexit, Trump.

2016 wtf

I think we got the mayan calendar slightly wrong
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:53 am

What in the blue hells? I still can't believe it.

I'm really, really hopeful it doesn't turn up as bad as everyone predicts it will and most of the banter Trump said was just empty words to move people for better or worse and vote for him.

I'm no where near being an US citizen, but the US policies impact the world on a whole and I am very afraid of what the next few months and years will bring. More instability in this world is certainly not needed, nevermind all the other points people here have already pointed out.

Let's just fraking hope he doesn't turn up to be another one of those populist maniacs that are so popular nowadays. Let's just fraking hope. I certainly do not criticize the US people for voting him in (even though that college crap doesn't make sense to me) and can probably understand some of the mentality behind the "anything different from what we have right now", although I think this will bite them in the ass long term. Hopefully whatever crazy policies or wacko deals he wants to make that really go against what the US has represented throughout history are pulled back or handled in a more sensible manner. Ironically, the "make America great again" slogan are just empty words that will put you several steps back to whatever was accomplished these past few decades, if maybe 25% of what Trump has said is actually implemented.

Just madness.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:58 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:So right now Hillary is winning the popular vote (albeit by a minor 0.1%). Electoral college Laughing

The big issue is just a large number of Democrats didnt show up this time around.
Once again that's not true. For one, Evan Mcmilllan, Jill Stein & Gary Johnson got a lot of votes, highest third party total for all 3 combined. So it is natural that he will get less - Even Clinton got a lot amount!

I am also not sure about the Dems not voting is true or not, In the tend Trump was very strong in the rust belt of PA, MI, OH & WI which tipped the scaled to his favor. This is what you get for an inauthentic, dishonest, TPP/NAFTA supporting candidate.

The Republican base was incredibly energized & went out in large numbers, Independents Broke for Trump & many Blue Collar people & traditional Dems in Rust Belt states like Michigan & Wisconsin broke for Trump.

Clinton in the end couldn't inspire anyone!

She really performed bad among Hispanics, Trump got a big 29% of the vote, did better among blacks too!

I had warned about Hillary - her faulty message of abandoning her base for Republicans, her wrong message. her corruption, her lies & dishonesty, her completely detachment for middle class people.

Ultimately the people who voted for Hillary in the rigged primaries where Donna Brazile was giving her questions have to take responsibility for this loss.

You guys have played a part in electing Trump!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:59 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw0nHDfVQAAO-pM.jpg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:18 am

footyfan01 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Once again that's not true. For one, Evan Mcmilllan, Jill Stein & Gary Johnson got a lot of votes, highest third party total for all 3 combined. So it is natural that he will get less - Even Clinton got a lot amount!

I am also not sure about the Dems not voting is true or not, In the tend Trump was very strong in the rust belt of PA, MI, OH & WI which tipped the scaled to his favor. This is what you get for an inauthentic, dishonest, TPP/NAFTA supporting candidate.

The Republican base was incredibly energized & went out in large numbers, Independents Broke for Trump & many Blue Collar people & traditional Dems in Rust Belt states like Michigan & Wisconsin broke for Trump.

Clinton in the end couldn't inspire anyone!

She really performed bad among Hispanics, Trump got a big 29% of the vote, did better among blacks too!

I had warned about Hillary - her faulty message of abandoning her base for Republicans, her wrong message. her corruption, her lies & dishonesty, her completely detachment for middle class people.

Ultimately the people who voted for Hillary in the rigged primaries where Donna Brazile was giving her questions have to take responsibility for this loss.

You guys have played a part in electing Trump!

Gary Johnson votes were never going to Hillary probably.

But you were right Hillary didnt win it.

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:23 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Gary Johnson votes were never going to Hillary probably.

But you were right Hillary didnt win it.
Gary Johnson took more from Hillary than Trump in many polls - Either way it was an even split.

People were disgusted with 2 faced politicians - You took Bernie people for counted & I think still millennials were the only category where Hillary won!

IT is not about Hillary winning or not - It is about most people losing touch with reality.

Now we have a Republican Senate, House n Trump - Good luck - Thanks for stabbing Bernie in the back with those leaked debate questions n so on.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:51 am

Thankfully the Republicans aren't exactly huge Trump fans in general. We'll have to wait and see if they'll fall in line with Trump.

Overall I still expect the much more moderate Republican Congress to rein him in a bit and I don't expect Trump to follow through on most of his promises.

Then again, I'm actually just basing my expectations on hope at this point.

What a humiliating defeat for Hillary. Man, the DNC and her deserve this. That being said, her winning the popular vote and losing the election is another example of how *bleep* this system is for America
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:53 am

Still not quite sure whether I actually did wake up this morning
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:54 am

CBarca wrote:Thankfully the Republicans aren't exactly huge Trump fans in general. We'll have to wait and see if they'll fall in line with Trump.

Overall I still expect the much more moderate Republican Congress to rein him in a bit and I don't expect Trump to follow through on most of his promises.

Then again, I'm actually just basing my expectations on hope at this point.

What a humiliating defeat for Hillary. Man, the DNC and her deserve this. That being said, her winning the popular vote and losing the election is another example of how *bleep* this system is for America
It has always been retarded you can get more votes and still lose. It's undemocratic.

Also people voting for third party is amazing. If you really wanted someone to not have power you wouldn't have given the republicans a majority in the house, the senate and the Supreme Court
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:21 am

Moderate Republican? Which world are you living in?

Trump is not an outlier, he is the face of a ridiculous lunatic party. There is nothing moderate - These are mad folks.

I am actually more scared of a Republican Senate & House policy wise than Trump! Trump only scares me in temperament, wars, racism, permanent attacks etc - Current Republicans & tea party lunatics will do lasting damage!

There is nothing wrong with voting third party - This delusional attitude is why you guys are living in wonderland today - You give 2 of the most hated corrupt dishonest people in then ask people why vote third party?

And Republican Senate & House majority has to do a lot with Democrat's & their completely idiocy & the Hillary Clinton loss which took down atleast 5 Senators with her!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:14 pm

It's obvious: Winter is coming and the White Walkers are out in force... o_O
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:16 pm

The right man on the right place. This is what the US of America deserves.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next