RealGunner
rincon
Pedram
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
49 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or - Page 8 Empty Re: Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Pepe deserved it more than CR tbh.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or - Page 8 Empty Re: Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Vardy rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Mahrez and Vardy at top 10 :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Harmonica
Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or - Page 8 9T1kgIr
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:Top 10 ranking

1) RONALDO

2) Messi
3) Griezmann
4) Suarez
5) Neymar
6) Bale
7) Mahrez
8 ) Vardy
9) Pepe
10) Buffon

So happy to see Pepe finally being recognized for his efforts.

Mahrez and Vardy however have no business being there, one season wonders.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Eh? Isn't the ceremony actually in January?

Yeah, this is some fake ass shit
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Eh? Isn't the ceremony actually in January?

Nah. Fifa and France football split up so the Ballon D'or returned to its original format. It was usually handed out in late November to mid may. Its the FIFA awards that are in January with that farcical spectacle.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Think Ronaldo deserved it Jibers?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:04 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:Think Ronaldo deserved it Jibers?

Yea. He's had the best year. He won the two biggest trophies whilst (unfairly some may say) being the face and talisman and he has the stats to back them up. It's not about being the best footballer, because Messi has been the best footballer since 09. It's a shame the award split now if not Ribery, Sneijder and Iniesta could have had a shot of winning it.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:32 pm

Of course Ronaldo deserved it, i mean i don't think he had that great of a year really. His teams basically won the trophies they won without him in the finals.

But let's look at the facts, Messi had a poor year and when it mattered did *bleep* all and unlike Ronaldo didn't win the CL or anything with his country. Suarez had some amazing numbers but where was he when Barca went out against Atletico and obviously his country stuff is well documented.

Griezmann is really the only one who had a case if he steered France and Atletico in either the CL or Euro final but fact is he didn't.

So what argument is there? no competition here at all, i can't emphasis enough that i don't believe any of them had that great of a year compared to what they are capable of ( maybe Griezmann did but lack of team success hurts him) and somebody has to win it so why not give it to the guy who actually won the most important trophies?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:34 pm

Jesus Christ this thread will explode when Harmonica reads the last two posts.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Easily in the top 5 of all time alongside Messi, Maradona, Pele and Zidane

RG please.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:06 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Of course Ronaldo deserved it, i mean i don't think he had that great of a year really. His teams basically won the trophies they won without him in the finals.

But let's look at the facts, Messi had a poor year and when it mattered did *bleep* all and unlike Ronaldo didn't win the CL or anything with his country. Suarez had some amazing numbers but where was he when Barca went out against Atletico and obviously his country stuff is well documented.

Griezmann is really the only one who had a case if he steered France and Atletico in either the CL or Euro final but fact is he didn't.

So what argument is there? no competition here at all, i can't emphasis enough that i don't believe any of them had that great of a year compared to what they are capable of ( maybe Griezmann did but lack of team success hurts him) and somebody has to win it so why not give it to the guy who actually won the most important trophies?

Mahrez didn't deserve it for being the key man in a Leicester PL win? Biggest cinderella story of our generation doesn't deserve any recognition?

Although I agree with your general point that no one was ridiculously amazing this year
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:07 am

The most overrated player in the history of the sport has 4 Ballon D'Ors. Sickening.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:40 am

These days winning the major trophies probably is the most important criteria that determines who wins the award... no longer to be the best player that year exactly, compared with the past where I think the major trophies didnt weight so heavily? I cant be sure, but for example George Weah winning proved this? Messi did win the double and as many said already, Ronaldo did win the CL and Euro, but he didnt do anything in the finals Very Happy

So fair or not, but u cant say Ronaldo didnt deserve it. At great as Messi has been, he has also disappointed at times over the years, but looking back still, just amazed to see Ronaldo win 4, only one less then Messi's 5. Messi really need to win it back next year, otherwise I and Im sure many will not be able to stand to see Ronaldo win 5, matching Messi, that would be the biggest fraud in football history Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:53 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Of course Ronaldo deserved it, i mean i don't think he had that great of a year really. His teams basically won the trophies they won without him in the finals.

Dat face turn

Probably will only last a night though

Mole Hogan as usual leeching out the fans support Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:00 am

When the top 10 almost dominated by players from La Liga....
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:17 am

CR is the clear winner this year but after that the list is pretty terrible. The should just release the shortlist and the top 3 and save themselves everything else.

Vardy in the top 10. Mahrez that high. Pogba over Marchisio just based on hype. Higuain below Lewandowski after smashing historical records just because he plays in Naples. Etc.

The players they chose are pretty fine, the order just doesn't make much sense outside of the top 5.

At least its good to see GK getting recognition and Pepe well over Ramos.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:57 am

Molenation
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:21 pm

Ronaldo: I'd have more Ballons d'Or than Messi if we played together

Anthony LopopoloDec 13 2016, 9:43 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo is convinced he would have more Ballons d'Or in his trophy cabinet than eternal rival Lionel Messi if the two played on the same team.

The Real Madrid superstar won France Football's high-profile award Monday, the fourth of his career, pulling in more than 400 more individual votes than his Argentine counterpart.

Many predicted Ronaldo would take home the prestigious honour after collecting both the Champions League and an elusive European Championship title.

Related - Ballon d'Or voting: Messi 2nd, Griezmann 3rd; Vardy surprises in 8th

The sight of Ronaldo and Messi in the same uniform has excited the imagination, and the possibility prompted a considerate response from Madrid's goal machine.

"It would be interesting to see both of us in the same team. I think great players should play together. So if we were in the same team, I think I would have more than him, but he wouldn't be far off," said Ronaldo, according to ESPN FC's Ian Holyman.

"Everyone knows Messi is a great player. He's won five Ballons d'Or."

Although he didn't score in either the Champions League or Euro 2016 final, he contributed 51 goals in 54 matches for Madrid and Portugal over the course of the calendar year.

He admitted it's getting more difficult to maintain his high physical standards. Few players in the game can match Ronaldo's rigorous preparation, strict diet, and dedication to playing every game. He's out there at least 40 matches a season across all competitions.

But at 31 years old, he's learned to think about the campaign as a marathon, not a sprint.

"You have to do it, and accept reality, which is that I am 31. It's not easy, because I feel really good, but I see that the recovery after games is not exactly the same," he added. "It's a little slower, particularly when I have put in very intense effort every three days."

A change of position could accommodate the transition into the latter years of his career. Though he's enjoyed great success as a winger for Madrid and Manchester United, Ronaldo's already become more of a penalty-box poacher.

And he's open to that.

"Why not?" he said. "It's an idea to think about. I'm ready and I accept things change. It's not a problem."

Kommander...  Molenation
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Well i think he's right, not the reasons he thinks though.

Mainly because for Ronaldo and Messi to work as a tandem Messi would have to become a lot more of a creator thus Ronaldo would always score more goals.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:36 pm

I am sure we'll see Ronaldo and Messi at some point together.

Probably for the annual prison match between the tax evaders and the prison guards
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:52 pm

Ronaldo and Messi should buy their own prison and serve their sentence with their mates (@Neymar, @Mascherano, @NeymarsDad) like Pablo Escobar did.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:08 am

They should both go to Monaco. Perfect Bandwagon club, imo. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Sampaoli: "There's a difference between Messi and rest. The rest must compete for another award and Ballon d'Or should always be given to Messi."
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8