Adit
The Galactico 10
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:02 pm

He was a deeper playing CM at Bordeaux before taking a more advanced role... which made Juve think that they could play Zizou as a DM in his first 6 months there.  After a few red cards and Platini calling out Juve, they moved him to CM and eventually more of an advanced role.

By the time Zidane got to Madrid, Zizou was 29 going on 30 and his work rate wasn't what it was... so he wasn't dropping as low as he used to for balls.  

People tend to forget that Zidane's best years were prior to Real Madrid.  His 5 years at Juve were, by far, his best.  As great as he was at Real Madrid, he was a ton better at Juve believe it or not.

Anyhow, I agree with Tito...

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by jibers Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Sports is the ban confirmed even after Madrid appealed?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:44 pm

FIFA rejected the appeal. Then they appealed to the CAS in mid september. The decision on that hasn't been said yet.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:17 pm

rincon wrote:FIFA rejected the appeal. Then they appealed to the CAS in mid september. The decision on that hasn't been said yet.

Thanks
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Perez announced this week that both Marcos Llorente and Vallejo will be brought back next summer for season 17/18.

Given that next year is no signings and that the club obviously plans to stay with same lineup, given they are signing almost everyone to contract extensions, I wonder who will be allowed to leave to fit in the two loanees returning.

Roster is currently 24 (they are allowed one more, but generally speaking 23 is the number usually sought. In the 24 is Mariano, the 3rd (or 4th if you consider Ronaldo) CF. He was kept on rather than loan when at end of preseason, Benz was still injured. He likely will go out on loan (he's 22 and consider that Borja Majoral is younger and better than him), reducing the number to 23.

James is the only other player not utilized (other than Coentrao, but time will tell if he can stay healthy enough to warrant club retaining him).

Llorente comes in as backup to Casemiro, but Vallejo will be a 5th CB?

Logical movement would be to let James go, but something has to be done about the CBs. I can see longer term that Pepe and later Ramos go, but I doubt if it is next season. Could it be that they make Nacho the lateral backup and let Coentrao go?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:48 pm

@futbol_bill

GK: Navas, Casilla, Yanez

DEF: Carvajal, Nacho, Ramos, Varane, Vallejo, Pepe, Marcelo, Coentrao, D.Llorente.

MID: Kroos, Casemiro, Modric, M.Llorente, Isco, Kovacic, James, Asensio

FWD: Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Morata, Lucas V.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:21 pm

@Cyborg

DIego Llorente not coming back at least next year.

You have 25 in squad, that doesn't fly and how in earth will you keep 6 CBs happy?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:08 pm

I only see four real center backs here.

Nacho and D.Llorente are really good utility players who can cover the fullback positions.

25 being too much? Based on the injury crisis this season, I say its about right.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:29 pm

Cyborg, the only times I can remember going with 25 is when we had Javi Garcia and De La Red playing both for Castilla and the big team. The guys in #24 & #25 never get to play, it's the so called practice time that may be valuable to them, otherwise it does nothing but stun their development. 23 is 2 for every position plus a practice portero. Just take a look a what's happening to Mariano and Yañez to reflect on what I´m talking about!

And come on, Nacho is not a CB after his performances this season!!!!! I agree you want the 4th CB at least to be versatile, but to say he is out because of Vallejo, I don´t think so. ...... Unless they plan for one year to go with 5 having them also cover for Marcelo (especially if Coentrao doesn´t stay healthy and productive) and then let Pepe retire the following year.

You also are pushing it with Diego Llorente. He hasn't shown yet he is ready, while Vallejo is (at this point). It's really to Madrid's credit that they have 2 young developing CBs (especially in a country that good CBs are a rare commodity). In a couple of years or three both Ramos and Pepe will be gone and with Varane and Nacho still young, we potentially have 4 good CBs. But let's not rush this nor assume they will continue the development.

I actually started this discussion as I am surprised about Vallejo. I assumed the year after.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:29 am

futbol_bill wrote:Perez announced this week that both Marcos Llorente and Vallejo will be brought back next summer for season 17/18.

i follow all things Madrid from pretty close but maybe i missed this... so where exactly did Perez say that?

the only reference to those both kids coming back last week is some article in Okdiario, not Florentino perez making a statement he is bringing them back last summer.

source please
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Gee Nick, I'm not sure! I saw it first on TV, I think canal 6, and also read on Marca, possibly others.

If it's just a reporter, then they got me as well as several others here. Maybe that's a relief as I can't see a logical way that Vallejo or Diego Llorente comes next year. Marcos yes, but that's not surprising.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:47 pm

We should let Vallejo on loan for another season and get him back in 2018 as the 3rd cb
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Llorente having a massive game against Barca so far :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Hala, what's been happening with him this season? Has he been injured? He wasn't with U21 team and generally we haven't heard much if anything this year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:23 pm

He was injured for a couple of weeks. Before that he had 2 forgetful games. Apart from that he has handled himself pretty well imo. I think it's going to be between him and Vallejo who gets to come back next season tbh. I don't see Llorente having enough quality to be an outright starter for us but he will be a splendid Nacho replacement if he ever decides to leave
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 pm

Hala, Llorente is 23 (thus not eligible for U21). That means Vallejo is 2 or 3 years younger.

As I had said earlier, don't expect either of them next season. No reason to suspect any of 4 current CBs won't be back next season. Pretty obvious they are intending on staying with same team next season. Only possibilities IMO, are Mariano out on loan, Marcos Llorente returning and you never know what may happen re James.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Pepe's future is still unclear though. If rumors on Marca are to be believed, he's holding out for a two-year contract extension but the club is only willing to extend him for just one year.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Naw, Pepe has played that game before. Club wants him back and he wants to stay (obviously for one year at a time). With Varane capable of replacing him and with both Llorente and Vallejo developing well, it doesn't leave Pepe with a lot of bargaining power. IMO, At end of day, as before, Pepe will sign a one year extension, perhaps with an option (for both club and player) to extend a further year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:02 pm

as a reminder that you can never trust nothing but your in game eye test, im watching dortmund vs frnkfurt and vallejo is defending like ramos...and not in a game way lol. mistiming when to come out, losing 50/50, tackling game weak, geting beat in the air... oh well
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:46 am

So how did he finish the game hmm saw that Frankfurt won the game

Anyways I only care about Llorente who is the closest one to the first team. If Pepe gets his contract and we manage to convince Nacho to stay there'll be no incentive to get Diego or Vallejo back unless we sell Coentrao. Alaves are playing against Villarreal this morning. Should be a good game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:59 pm

so because real madrid are appealing  the transfer ban through the court of arbitration for sport, they can sign players in january.

according to this article at least. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3781442/La-Liga-transfer-ban-Q-Real-Madrid-Atletico-Madrid.html

Maybe someone knows a bit more and can educate me and others who are unsure.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 pm

It's the same situation as was done with Barca. They appealed to CAS in Aug or Sep asking for a quick ruling.

They said quick as they were hoping for success particularly with the kids prohibited from playing. The kids part was dealt with (positively) quickly but actual appeal re signing ban still is unheard. So just like Barca, they will get one last shot at a market before the ban takes effect, assuming of course that the appeal will be denied in early 2017.

Big question will be what will club do? They have gone out of their way saying
1. Ban is unjust, they are innocent and appeal should be granted.
2. They also said they are happy with squad they have plus the talent they have out on loan.

But all that was before
1. The injuries that have occured.
2. The performance of Benz.
3. The performance of James.
4. The glaring holes at DM, LB bench strength.

On the other hand, what talent is available in January!

In other words, who knows?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:10 pm

if we are appealing (which i haven't heard news about. i don't like the way we approached this ban) then it should be for allowance to sign in the summer. you only sign players in january if you are desperate, and for the most part, signing such players can lead to situations where they are cup tied and cannot play in champions league. plus, its difficult to negotiate a good player leaving in january
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:05 pm

So since we can buy in the summer, what do you think will happen?

We'll might get back both Marcos Llorente and Jesus Vallejo, Pepe might leave, we should look at a new LB (but who?), maybe we will loan out Asensio and maybe have a look at someone like Aubameyang? Oh and sell James.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:50 am

We must get Dembele, we need a next best winger talent that can dribble the shit out of teams. Sorta our neymar.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Mbappe looks a better talent
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next