Does anyone else feel massively let down by Kommander?

+57
The Demon of Carthage
Milnor
jibers
futbol_bill
Zees
izzy
guest7
Turok_TTZ
BORUSSIA!!
Winter is Coming
zizzle
Bankz
halamadrid2
zenmaster
Curtinho
Harmonica
Unrighteous
titosantill
Mr Nick09
Casciavit
alexjanosik
Pedram
Cruijf
rincon
Doc
guest_07
Rebaño Sagrado
farfan
Tomwin Lannister
Freeza
Luca
zigra
Lucifer
Donuts
Thimmy
FennecFox7
EL Patron
Hapless_Hans
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
M99
Robespierre
S
Ion Creanga
Kebab
Valkyrja
Kaladin
CBarca
Andrew
Great Leader Sprucenuce
nasir6371
rwo power
Socur Toxanarosa
McAgger
Based Bonera
futbol
RealGunner
61 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Does anyone else feel massively let down by Kommander? - Page 14 Empty Re: Does anyone else feel massively let down by Kommander?

Post by nasir6371 Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:17 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:
That Italy final he was easily their best player until the red card. And I'm not saying it was right, but the rules at the time would not have gotten him sent off. Also, if someone said that about my mom or sister, we have a problem. I think all of us would've gotten mad at that.

Jesus, the level of Fanboyism needed to justify your favorite player getting Red Card in a F***ing WORLD CUP Final because he couldn't handle the banter.

nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else feel massively let down by Kommander? - Page 14 Empty Re: Does anyone else feel massively let down by Kommander?

Post by jibers Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:36 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:
That Italy final he was easily their best player until the red card. And I'm not saying it was right, but the rules at the time would not have gotten him sent off. Also, if someone said that about my mom or sister, we have a problem. I think all of us would've gotten mad at that.

Jesus, the level of Fanboyism needed to justify your favorite player getting Red Card in a F***ing WORLD CUP Final because he couldn't handle the banter.
One of the highest levels of mental gymnastics I've seen on this forum. You couldn't make it up.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:39 pm

oh boy, this thread has taken so many twists and turns. lol, everyone's just used it as an avenue to promote their best players, and used the variable of any team their player didn't score or perform against as some g.o.a.t- like team (even though we all know that's far from the truth), and anyone who they feel is a threat to their man-crush played against scrubs

i'll bring it back on topic. i don't feel let down by cristiano because i never expected some goat performance from him to begin with. didn't expect it because its been a while since he had big tournament performances with them. his performances at euro 04 and world cup 06 imo were better than these euros, and have been the best he's had

the euro title is great for him, as much as fans want to shift the goalpost to justify players' under-achievements, most footballers value winning something with their country more than they do their club. however, this pales in comparison with other performances by players of similar caliber in national competitions

if his team won, and he scored in the final, or had an all around great game, it would be different, regardless of how he played in earlier rounds. i value performances in the latter stages over beating scrub sides in the first round and disappearing late on. but the fact he didn't even play and didn't have the greatest performances, is similar to steph at the nba finals golden state won....cristiano's still a great player, and he has every right to be happy about portugal winning the euros. but we can't act like this was HIS tournament
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:56 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Lol. All the shit talking on zidane. All of a sudden, two goals in a wc final in 98 he dominated and an "overweight" Brazil team, what because Ronaldinho and Ronaldo had a few pounds?

I'm not gonna even go into your Criticism of zidane because it makes you look like a dunce. Iniesta and Xavi are easily just as good but seriously, you have no clue. Gonna wait for sports to tear you a new one

I have not criticized Zidane selectively. If you care to read, I have criticized Xavi and Iniesta too. And it is not criticism. I am just deconstructing their NT careers like Messi's.
And you need to rewatch the 2006 final. This is precisely what I mean by separate standards. Zidane was poor and cost his team the match by getting himself sent off. In no way was he the best player on the pitch.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Zidane in 2006 was what? 34? 35? Way past his prime. It doesn't matter whether he performed at "legendary" levels in 2006. It was still enough to send Puyol on his ass, pull a couple of flicks on Brazil and reach the final after already delivering 2 major titles for France.

You have suddenly completely changed your tune from before the Copa America ("Messi needs to prove himself"). Now performances against Panama and USA (neither is a top 30 team, Panama probably not even top 100) and dribbling against Chile without much end product convinced you. And that is weird as hell.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Did you watch the Copa America final? I can't tell if this is your usual contrarion trolling or if you legitimately consider that performance to be "a bunch of dribbles with no end product" Laughing

That was one of the best performances I've seen in an international final, and I'd even go further and say it was Messi's best performance since the first leg against Bayern in 14-15. He created every single one of Argentina's clear cut chances and repeatedly cut through the Chile defence (one of the most disciplined in the world today and probably the best of any NT) single handedly. You either didn't watch it or are trolling to come to the conclusion you did.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Messi's performance against Juve in the final was better than the one in the Copa and mind you I think he played very well in the Copa final.

It's just typical overhyping of every performance of Messi at NT level because apparently it fits the agenda.

-Chile one of the best defensive teams in history
-Underrating of past legends performances at NT level
-Overrating the current level of NT football
-Calling Messi's performance one of the best ever in a cup final because there is nothing left to hype since he lost the final obviously.

None of you fanboys would post trash like this if Messi correctly had taken his spot kick. Seriously stop this overhyping. It's getting embarassing.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Here is the full video of all his touches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le1TCG2OLNk

Show me what he created. One sidepass to Higuain around 7:00 and that indirect freekick around 9:00. Other than that: nothing. Please show me. I'm waiting. Where are those "clear cut chances"? Laughing Even Harmonica couldn't come up with any gifs in the Messi Appreciation Thread, which says it all.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:32 pm

I only really remember Messi playing Lavezzi in space for him to square a sort of difficult ball for Higuain who hit the side net which was 2015 final. Not sure what other "clear cut" chance Messi created in either final. I wouldn't mind a re-education on these chances.

Mind you, I too find Alex's change of tune rather odd. Like Batman siding with Sups after wanting to kill him all movie odd.

Side note, only thing that I was let down with w.r.t Ronaldo was his finishing. It was the worst I have seen from him. He did the other stuff pretty decent to good but the only thing I really wanted from (finishing) was very poor.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Messi created only 1 clear cut chance (for Aguero iirc) and he had a good free kick delivery or two as well but other than that i don't remember him creating anything worth notice. Argentina's best chance all game that Higuain blew came from a Chilean defenders error and had nothing to do with Messi.

With that being said his overall performance was good, shame he missed the penalty.

Also isn't the past few pages completely off topic? what are the mods doing.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:00 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:

If that is banter for you in anyways you have a weird perception of it.

Messi had an excellent copa, don't get me wrong. I just think Ronaldo also had a very good euros. For the first time in his life, he defended, held up the ball, played centrally, and scored (even though his finishing was a bit poor, he got one assist and three goals, still impressive)

Come on, Ronaldo linking up play and passing the ball excellently? I swear, I was shocked myself. But it did happen. He's changed his game for the better. I'd love it if he could carry it to Madrid tbh, but time will tell.

Just because messi hasn't won anything doesn't make him a failure. Cruyff didn't win anything. So what? At the end of the day they both are easily two of the all time greats. Stop discrediting a player who gave it his all on the field. Messi was easily the best player against chile.

Last edited by FennecFox7 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:04 pm

Trash talking always occurs on the pitch, though. Hell, the most heard phrase during a match in La Liga is hijo de puta rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Nonetheless, the rules at the time stated if the ref didn't see it, it wasn't a red card. From Nasir's reaction you would've thought I said something else
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

@FennecFox7
Zidane thought so little of his teammates and Les Bleus that he couldn't wait until after the match? in the tunnel?

No one would have given two shits if he assaulted Materazzi in the tunnel after winning the WC.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:12 pm

S wrote:Messi's performance against Juve in the final was better than the one in the Copa and mind you I think he played very well in the Copa final.

It's just typical overhyping of every performance of Messi at NT level because apparently it fits the agenda.

-Calling Messi's performance one of the best ever in a cup final because there is nothing left to hype since he lost the final obviously.

None of you fanboys would post trash like this if Messi correctly had taken his spot kick. Seriously stop this overhyping. It's getting embarassing.

What does this have anything to do with a penalty? Laughing

It seems everything anyone writes on this forum goes through a special Surag only filter before you read it. It's always fanboy this hater that without actually pausing to understand what is being said.

I said Messi's performance against Chile was one of the best I've seen in a NT final, and that it was his best performance since Bayern 14-15. Considering the game you pointed out as better was a few weeks later in the same season you clearly don't disagree too much. We both agree it was better than any of his performances in 15-16.

As for NT performances, I don't think it's an outrageous claim at all. Give me 3 NT final performances post 2002 that were better.

But for some reason any praise of Messi for you is "overhyping" and "fanboying", even if from the rest of the post you don't seem to actually disagree too much.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Cruijf wrote:

But for some reason any praise of Messi for you is "overhyping" and "fanboying", even if from the rest of the post you don't seem to actually disagree too much.

You said the same thing about me, and I don't believe I've ever called you a fanboy Laughing There's no shame in being insecure :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:42 pm

Cruijf wrote:
S wrote:Messi's performance against Juve in the final was better than the one in the Copa and mind you I think he played very well in the Copa final.

It seems everything anyone writes on this forum goes through a special Surag only filter before you read it. It's always fanboy this hater that without actually pausing to understand what is being said.

I said Messi's performance against Chile was one of the best I've seen in a NT final, and that it was his best performance since Bayern 14-15. Considering the game you pointed out as better was a few weeks later in the same season you clearly don't disagree too much. We both agree it was better than any of his performances in 15-16.

As for NT performances, I don't think it's an outrageous claim at all. Give me 3 NT final performances post 2002 that were better.

Xavi in 08, 12, Iniesta 10, Casillas in 10
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:50 pm

Thimmy wrote:
You'd defend him to the end of time, wouldn't you  rofl

Pretty much calling me a fanboy hmm

For the people asking about what Messi created in the final however, Argentina essentially had 4 clear cut chances:

Higuain 1v1 (Higuain created/defender mistake)
Otamendi header (Messi freekick)
Aguero shot (Messi pass after Messi dribble)
Aguero header (Messi freekick)

So other than Higuain's chance, Messi created every single clear cut chance. On top of that he got Diaz sent off and had a number of great dribbles that were cut short by fouls. I really don't see how you go from that to "YOLO dribbles with no end product" Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Cruijf wrote:

Xavi in 08, 12,  Iniesta 10,  Casillas in 10

I can give you Xavi and Iniesta but Casillas rofl

His save against Robben which everyone holds up as legendary was 100% down to Puyol rugby tackling him and other than that he had nothing to do Laughing

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:44 am

This is just ridiculous, best performance in a NT final since 2002 Laughing

Pirlo in 06, Xavi in 08, Xavi in 12, Iniesta in 10, Forlan in 2011 CA, Pepe and Patricio in 16 were all better than Messi.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:11 am

Can we talk about our almighty Kommander please
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 am

Cruijf wrote:

You are prepared to make exceptions for Messi but proceed to call Bale and Cristiano 'awful' despite both having decisive performances in the EURO. You are not being rational and hence i will call you out for fanboying Messi. And there are multiple NT performances in a final from various players since 2002 and some of them has already been mentioned above in M99's post.

I think most people agree that Messi had an excellent tournament in the Copa and a good performance in the final. My problem here  is when  posters are discrediting everything about the past and overhyping everything about this Copa America and the final just to make Messi look like he's the greatest NT player ever.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:56 pm

What exceptions have I made for Messi? The difference between Messi's Copa and Ronaldo/Bale's Euro is very simple - Messi was good Laughing

It's actually a ridiculous comparision. Bale who did absolutely nothing other than the two free kicks and who wasn't even the best player on his team is being compared to Messi's Copa?

As for "discrediting the past", the claim that Messi's performance was the best in a NT final since 2002 is actually not very impressive. NT finals are usually very tight and it's rare to see one player dominated them. Like I said I'll give you Xavi and Iniesta but Pepe, Rui Patricio, and Pirlo? At this point you're just picking out random players from teams won. It's like the claim about Casillas who had a grand total of one save to make Laughing

Regardless we can agree to disagree about just how good the performance was these are all subjective. My issue is calling it "a bunch of YOLO dribbles with no end product." That's complete nonsense and what I originally disagreed with.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Cruijf wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Cruijf wrote:

Xavi in 08, 12,  Iniesta 10,  Casillas in 10

I can give you Xavi and Iniesta but Casillas rofl

His save against Robben which everyone holds up as legendary was 100% down to Puyol rugby tackling him and other than that he had nothing to do Laughing

Casillas' made two game winning saves in the 2010 final. That trumps everything Messi did in his NT career tbh
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Cruijf wrote:What exceptions have I made for Messi? The difference between Messi's Copa and Ronaldo/Bale's Euro is very simple - Messi was good Laughing

It's actually a ridiculous comparision. Bale who did absolutely nothing other than the two free kicks and who wasn't even the best player on his team is being compared to Messi's Copa?

As for "discrediting the past", the claim that Messi's performance was the best in a NT final since 2002 is actually not very impressive. NT finals are usually very tight and it's rare to see one player dominated them. Like I said I'll give you Xavi and Iniesta but Pepe, Rui Patricio, and Pirlo? At this point you're just picking out random players from teams won. It's like the claim about Casillas who had a grand total of one save to make Laughing

Regardless we can agree to disagree about just how good the performance was these are all subjective. My issue is calling it "a bunch of YOLO dribbles with no end product." That's complete nonsense and what I originally disagreed with.
Your original statement about Messi creating every single clear cut chance was false as he was not involved in their biggest chance all game that Higuain blew.

Futbol saying Messi was "dribbling against Chile without much end product" isn't that much of a stretch since out of the 3 chances he created that you listed, only 1 came from open play.

Also emphasis on the fact that he said "without much end product" and not "no end product" as you're trying falsely quote/claim.

Then we have you praising Messi for creating 2 chances from free kick delivery while downplaying Bale scoring two goals from free kicks. You also highlighted Messi's dribbling against Chile while claiming Bale did "absolutely nothing" besides scoring two free kicks despite Bale being the player with 2nd most dribbles at the Euro's with 23 successful take-ons hmm
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Cruijf wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
You'd defend him to the end of time, wouldn't you  rofl

Pretty much calling me a fanboy hmm

For the people asking about what Messi created in the final however, Argentina essentially had 4 clear cut chances:

Higuain 1v1 (Higuain created/defender mistake)
Otamendi header (Messi freekick)
Aguero shot (Messi pass after Messi dribble)
Aguero header (Messi freekick)

So other than Higuain's chance, Messi created every single clear cut chance. On top of that he got Diaz sent off and had a number of great dribbles that were cut short by fouls. I really don't see how you go from that to "YOLO dribbles with no end product" Laughing

I said that because coincidentally, every time I've been seeing your name in any thread, you've been defending Messi's honor. Speaking of fanboys. Looks like there's someone who likes to give your posts a thumbs up Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next