sk3ptical
Killer
Winter is Coming
Freeza
Kaladin
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Simeone's Atleti tenure holds much more water than Pep's Barca years Empty Simeone's Atleti tenure holds much more water than Pep's Barca years

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:07 am

Inheriting a squad of perennial losers, haven't beaten Madrid for 14 years or something, harsh environment. He didnt reinvent the team, he reinvented the club, look at how he just beat Barca despite losing to them for the past 10 games or whatever.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Simeone's Atleti tenure holds much more water than Pep's Barca years Empty Re: Simeone's Atleti tenure holds much more water than Pep's Barca years

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:08 am

I'd judge him more when he beats bigger teams than Barca. Barca couldn't win against a 3rd division team in current form.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Simeone's Atleti tenure holds much more water than Pep's Barca years Empty Re: Simeone's Atleti tenure holds much more water than Pep's Barca years

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:09 am

Not the biggest fan of his style completely, but what a manager.

2nd to Pep IMHO.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:10 am

is just a fualt of Barca. They were totally in loss of form in the last period.

They would have no chance against the best Barca

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sk3ptical Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:13 am

nah barca from 2008 to 12 was on another planet no team could even touch the ball
sk3ptical
sk3ptical
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:16 am

It's very impressive.

But until he wins multiple Champions League's and plays the best football that has ever been witnessed, he shouldn't be compared to Pep. Pep and his Barca team is on another planet entirely
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:18 am

Not comparing accomplishments but what both have done for their respective teams relative to their resources and recent history (before them taking over)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:20 am

What Simeone has done is incredible. Winning the league alone is one of the greatest achievements of modern football and he's done so much more than just that.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:22 am

Agreed completely ES.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 am

I think that what Simeone has done is incredible and winning the league with the squad he had was amazing. I think that as far as managerial achievements go, Simeone's Atletico is top two, I definitely agree with that.

Still, it's not comparable to Barca. What Pep's Barca team did will take a long time to repeat, if it ever happens. The football they played too was simply phenomenal. They're on two separate levels. I see your argument about what they've done for their respective teams but trophies and accomplishments count, and you can't throw them out.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 am

Simeone has been incredible. I wonder how long he will stay at Atletico.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:27 am

i agree, and i've always said that about him. not because of today, even if his team lost i'd still say he's a brilliant coach. forget about the fact he didn't inherit a good squad, nor millions of euros, nor a club with ambition, nor a responsible club...forget all that, being able to rejuvenate the side, after losing guys like forlan kun falcao diego costa, and constantly replacing them, whilst still managing the squad he has...you have to give the man his props. a brilliant coach who is probably undervalued because of his team's style and lack of catch phrases.....or maybe people now notice him as i hear many fans wanting him at their clubs
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:07 pm

As much as I hate to, credit must go to him... any team that can compete with Barca and Madrid consistently deserves respect. The fact alone that Atletico used to role over for Real each season for what was it more than a decade, hence gifting Real 6 points each season, and Simones changed that deserver praised Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:21 pm

CBarca wrote:It's very impressive.

But until he wins multiple Champions League's and plays the best football that has ever been witnessed, he shouldn't be compared to Pep. Pep and his Barca team is on another planet entirely

Wasn't Luchelona better than Pepcelona ? Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:39 pm

What Simeone has done with Atletico is incredible, turning a scrub club into a serious contender for leagues and champions leagues.

That said, does anyone like how Atletico plays?

I'm all for solid and defensive football but he takes it to the extreme. Mou at his worst (or best) wasn't like that. Mou's teams were never so destructive, it was a slightly more proactive form of defense and tried to push forward a lot more. His teams usually play with 3 forwards and an AM. Simeone just parks it and breaks up play. His first leg tactics against Barca (before the red card) was the most interesting game I've seen him play and an exception from the norm.

The Juve-Atletico game was the most frustrating game for us in a long time. Same feeling probably for Madrid and Barca fans.

When Simeone eventually plays in a club with top resources, can/would he change his game? Will he be the antichrist of football?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Wont buy into the hype until he does it again with Inter :coffee:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:01 pm

you can't expect him to play open attractive with the team that he has and some of the opponents he faces. and atleti don't always play this way, when they face us or barcelona, then they go to the extreme with it....but hey, they want to win. trying to appease fans who don't even support your team is totally losing the plot. we should also ask when other coaches play teams with less resources can they change their game (or rather if they ever coach, not when).....you make changes based on what suits you, not just to appease the general public
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:22 pm

titosantill wrote:you can't expect him to play open attractive with the team that he has and some of the opponents he faces. and atleti don't always play this way, when they face us or barcelona, then they go to the extreme with it....but hey, they want to win. trying to appease fans who don't even support your team is totally losing the plot. we should also ask when other coaches play teams with less resources can they change their game (or rather if they ever coach, not when).....you make changes based on what suits you, not just to appease the general public

No, I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I love what he is doing. Watching his club go into the top rounds is great. He shouldn't compromise his success at Atletico at all. I meant for his future as coach.

We are all loving him for what he does, me included, I want him to win the CL. But then when coaches play such a style in a team with top resources (rich clubs or stacked NTs) they tend be criticized a lot by tons of fans. Mourinho, Dunga, Capello, Sabella, Conte, etc. Simeone takes even further to the extreme than these guys. I was just wondering if he'll be so liked still, or if he is capable and willing to adjusting.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:32 pm

oh, that i don't know. one doesn't know unless it happens, and it depends on how he wants to build. i obviously do NOT want him to win ucl. but i think another reason he's admired is based largely on his opponents; a lot of teams, fans, pundits etc dislike us (real madrid), same goes for barcelona; such clubs attract fans and detractors from wide audiences. when you've got a coach who troubles them, regardless of the footy, he's bound to gain some fans......

i don't think madrid (real) fans particularly like him, i've never despised atleti so i guess i don't have the same kind of dislike....i hate barca, valencia, mallorca, osasuna, more than atleti (who i have little problems with). and i don't care for depor either. he'll be liked or disliked based on a lot of other things than footy alone i think
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:40 am

sk3ptical wrote:nah barca from 2008 to 12 was on another planet no team could even touch the ball

Except Inter.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:06 am

To 2012? 2011-12 season they only won the Copa Del Rey. Madrid won the league with a 9 point lead. Hardly untouchable.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:24 am

M99 wrote:To 2012? 2011-12 season they only won the Copa Del Rey. Madrid won the league with a 9 point lead. Hardly untouchable.

Cesc Fabregas-less adjusted Barca would have easily won the league that year as well.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:42 am

Simeone was fired as Catania manager at one point. Catania is in Serie B now. LOL
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:50 am

On contribution to football Pep is clearly far more important, let's be honest here he made the Spanish game main stream.

Working with the resources though, simeone trumps Pep easily.MSN with their fraudulent taxes earns more than entire Atletico combined. What he is achieving with quarter of the budget of Barcelona, less than AC Milan is nothing short of mind blowing.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:35 am

He's proven to be an actual good coach not just with Atletico but also with Estudiantes LP. Only Klopp or Mourinho have been able to do something similar with teams of similar build. Miles above Pep or Luis Enrique, definitely.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next