sportsczy
M99
Jay29
Art Morte
Harmonica
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Doping scandal in English football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Doping scandal in English football?

Post by Peccadillo Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:26 pm

if Arsenal and Chelsea players are doping they are defo taking the wrong stuff! Hazard must have accidentally grabbed the meth.

I would not be surprised if Vardy was doping tbh.

Leicester do have suspiciously few injuries and when they do they seem to recover awfully quickly. I have been waiting all season for one of their players to get injured which I predicted would be the beginning of their decline. It never happened.

The thought of Spurs as champions by default :facepalm:

Wenger was outspoken about doping in football at the turn of the year. I very much doubt what he was saying had no substance. I can see this thing blowing up unless there is a cover up ala operation puerto.

Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Doping scandal in English football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Doping scandal in English football?

Post by Kick Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:40 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:So no one disagrees. Good. Because doping is so obvious at the top level. And no, I don't just mean the teams accused. Everyone does it.

Players are hardly tested Laughing it's a joke. Some of these guys have rail thin frames and manage to keep so much muscle despite running to the ground twice a week in a game. Or some are definitely blood doping. That's the way sports are but football is on another level of blind ignorance.

An endurance sport combined with a requirement for strength. Yeah, a lot of these guys are on something.

Let me give you an example. Testosterone suspension. Has a half life of like 12 hours or something. That could easily clear the system by the time they get tested

They have minimum 50 random checks throughout the season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 am

sportsczy wrote:Barca fan bringing up a doping scandal has to be the height of hypocrisy...

What? We've been under the spotlight FOREVER and NONE, 0, doping cases have been detected. We pass more controls than anyone because we reach further CL rounds than anyone.
We are better and we are clean.
DEAL WITH IT.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:42 am

Kick wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:So no one disagrees. Good. Because doping is so obvious at the top level. And no, I don't just mean the teams accused. Everyone does it.

Players are hardly tested Laughing it's a joke. Some of these guys have rail thin frames and manage to keep so much muscle despite running to the ground twice a week in a game. Or some are definitely blood doping. That's the way sports are but football is on another level of blind ignorance.

An endurance sport combined with a requirement for strength. Yeah, a lot of these guys are on something.

Let me give you an example. Testosterone suspension. Has a half life of like 12 hours or something. That could easily clear the system by the time they get tested

You should probably link a source for that claim. That's a urine test every three days.

And even then, like I said, let's say in this case you are correct. There are designer steroids and blood doping you have to take into account, and super fast esters like suspension and acetate which clear the system in a matter of days or hours. Also, urine tests suck compared to blood work in any case.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:39 pm

free_cat wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Barca fan bringing up a doping scandal has to be the height of hypocrisy...

What? We've been under the spotlight FOREVER and NONE, 0, doping cases have been detected. We pass more controls than anyone because we reach further CL rounds than anyone.
We are better and we are clean.
DEAL WITH IT.

Clean. Professional footballers. roflroflrofl
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:28 pm

I don't like saying that barca doped, because I will say this; even if they did, it's more then likely everyone else did too Laughing

This is just the beginning. When testing catches up to modern standards people will get caught.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Fennec perhaps you would like to provide a source for all of your "insider" Internet Bullshit Artist information?

lmao had no idea I T K was changed Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 pm

In a sport where there is high stakes, there is always doping. That's proof enough. HGH is NOT detectable showable http://www.hgh.org/Will-HGH-Show-Up-On-A-Drug-Test.html on a drug test. And there has to be a very sizeable amount of athletes on it. Neither is EPO, and testosterone urine tests often test for ratios instead of actual substance in the athlete,

Come on dude, football has so much money in it, and you want to call bullshit. How blind are you?

Test suspension/acetate/prop is notorious for a short half life, if you don't know jack about steroids then don't talk buddy.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:18 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:In a sport where there is high stakes, there is always doping. That's proof enough. HGH is NOT detectable showable http://www.hgh.org/Will-HGH-Show-Up-On-A-Drug-Test.html on a drug test. And there has to be a very sizeable amount of athletes on it. Neither is EPO, and testosterone urine tests often test for ratios instead of actual substance in the athlete,

Come on dude, football has so much money in it, and you want to call bullshit. How blind are you?

Test suspension/acetate/prop is notorious for a short half life, if you don't know jack about steroids then don't talk buddy.

That isn't proof of anything. But yes it would surprise me if there was no doping going on. It could be interesting to see what happens if any players do get caught though and posit that they are doing it on their own volition.

Surely before any clubs can be punished there would need to be evidence that either the club knew about it and did nothing or that they did not have adequate systems in place to detect doping. It all sounds quite easy for clubs to avoid penalties even if their players are doping with or without their consent or knowledge.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:40 pm

>Professional athlete in the top 0.000001% of the population in a sport
>Not using performance enhancing drugs
>Pick one
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:02 am

FennecFox7 wrote:In a sport where there is high stakes, there is always doping. That's proof enough. HGH is NOT detectable showable http://www.hgh.org/Will-HGH-Show-Up-On-A-Drug-Test.html on a drug test. And there has to be a very sizeable amount of athletes on it. Neither is EPO, and testosterone urine tests often test for ratios instead of actual substance in the athlete,

I was reading this part for whatever reason today in Catcher in the Rye where Holden talks to a cab driver and everything Holden says the cab driver gets sore at. You kind of remind me of that guy sometimes.

At no point did I say that I didn't think athletes were doping. I simply thought it was rich for you to be talking so much without sources and then asking someone else to cite theirs. So I was asking you to share the source of this "insider" information. Maybe my use of "I T K" getting changed to "internet bullshit artist" ticked you off or something, I'm not sure.

Chill a bit lmao. To clarify, i think it's likely that it's happening at some level. To what level I don't know and no one else here does either.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:04 am

FennecFox7 wrote:
Kick wrote:

You should probably link a source for that claim. That's a urine test every three days.

And even then, like I said, let's say in this case you are correct. There are designer steroids and blood doping you have to take into account, and super fast esters like suspension and acetate which clear the system in a matter of days or hours. Also, urine tests suck compared to blood work in any case.

According to Fabregas's snap, it looks like it's more than just a urine test.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3506072/Cesc-Fabregas-sarcastically-complains-late-night-UEFA-doping-surprise.html

I can't find the link where it says there was 50 a season, but I read it somewhere.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2