The Movie House - Part 7

+28
Vlad the Impaler
RED
Pedram
Motogp69
Sushi Master
Andrew
Peccadillo
ManU20
Tomwin Lannister
McLewis
Adit
CM Pep
Valkyrja
Firenze
Dante
Glory
Great Leader Sprucenuce
elitedam
El Gunner
RedOranje
LeVersacci
RealGunner
McAgger
CBarca
M99
Lucifer
Freeza
Kaladin
32 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Thu 30 Jun - 15:08

Death Note has started filming. Good to see they've adapted it fully to be a western thing. Name changes etc.

Really looking forward to Keith Stanfield as L. He's great. Great young cast overall and Adam Wingard is on the up.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McAgger Thu 30 Jun - 16:04

Death Note is the only anime I have ever seen. I only saw it half way so still not sure how it ends but this is great news.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McLewis Thu 30 Jun - 18:31

Definitely finish it. Thoroughly amazing anime.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12830
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Thu 30 Jun - 18:34

It fell off badly by the end imo. The first half was absolutely amazing, some of the best anime I've seen.

I really like that they're adapting it to fit the US.
I'm interested in what they're doing with Ryuk. Don't know much about Japanese mythology etc. so I don't know if they'll keep the Shinigamis in there or also adapt them to something more fitting with an American setting.


Cast: It stars Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars) as Light Turner, Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers) as Mia Sutton, Keith Stanfield (Straight Outta Compton) as “L,” Paul Nakauchi (Alpha and Omega) as Watari, and Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire) as James Turner. The film will be produced by Roy Lee, Dan Lin, Jason Hoffs, and Masi Oka.


Really love the Shea Whigham casting. He's an amazing actor that's long overdue for something of succes, hopefully this will become a hit despite the negative talk surrounding it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by RedOranje Thu 30 Jun - 20:05

I honestly found it to be thoroughly mediocre, personally.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by El Gunner Fri 1 Jul - 14:05

Wow. What a piece of work Shame is for Michael Fassbender and Steve McQueen

4.5/5
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 20365
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McAgger Fri 1 Jul - 15:18

Shame is brilliant. That was the very first movie Fassbender really caught my eye and I thought this guy is going to be an A-lister.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Fri 1 Jul - 15:54

Don't call me James wrote:Shame is brilliant. That was the very first movie Fassbender really caught my eye and I thought this guy is going to be an A-lister.


Not First Class? Thought we was surprisingly brilliant back then, especially for a superhero movie. Probably Inglorious for me, I didn't foresee him becoming this amazing but he was so great in that.

If I had seen Hunger then, that would've sealed it quick though. He was incredible in that, and so was Ser Davos. That 18 minute (I think that was the length) one-take is amazing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McAgger Fri 1 Jul - 16:02

I think I saw Shame prior to First Class.

He was brilliant in Inglorious but I wanted to see him in a main role and Shame delivered that for me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by M99 Fri 1 Jul - 20:28

Fassbender and Mulligan were amazing in Shame. I too like James recognized him as a GOAT there.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30213
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by RealGunner Sun 3 Jul - 21:15

1 month to go

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmfxtCBWYAA1vl-.jpg

bounce
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89351
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by El Gunner Mon 4 Jul - 1:24



Glad to say I'm the titular character in this one @McEggz, you be the judge of my actions

Spoiler:


El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 20365
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McAgger Mon 4 Jul - 22:26

Sully you chode, how did you get yourself a movie? But yeah I remember that news like it was yesterday. Would be interesting to see what shit storm followed behind the scenes. I really enjoy films to do with pilots and planes. Flight was great. Even loved Non-Stop with Liam Neeson. Really looking forward to this.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Mon 4 Jul - 23:55

It's basically Flight with a white man though hmm Unless it has something else to offer.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McLewis Tue 5 Jul - 3:35

Thoughts ES hmm

Matthew McConaughey's look as Randall Flagg:

Spoiler:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12830
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Kaladin Tue 5 Jul - 4:07

Fitting attire for TMIB, however i kinda imagined he'd sport a cloak hmm

Always imagined him with longer hair as well
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24437
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McLewis Tue 5 Jul - 4:36

I actually imagined the hair correctly so that's good. I didn't picture him so clean cut though. Always thought he was dirtier. Look at the fingernails as well. Another detail I didn't imagine TMIB having, but honestly fits this version. I like it overall.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12830
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Kaladin Tue 5 Jul - 6:07

Have you seen the set photos with Jake?

http://liljas-library.com/cell/article.php?id=4977

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Bce2a3dc7a634dbf877835f2e147f94d?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=173597bf9a424d81f675dbcbcd03f81e

His attire is a bit different than what i imagined, in my mind's eye, he was wearing rugged clothing with a brownish hue and sported a hat. But i guess i can't complain, Elba looks good in that.

NOW WHERE ARE THE INFAMOUS SANDALWOOD GUNS bounce
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24437
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by RealGunner Thu 7 Jul - 14:33

James Norton's now the favourite to become 007
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89351
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Guest Sat 9 Jul - 6:28

Freeza wrote:Death Note has started filming. Good to see they've adapted it fully to be a western thing. Name changes etc.

Really looking forward to Keith Stanfield as L. He's great. Great young cast overall and Adam Wingard is on the up.


I guarantee you its gonna flop like Dragonball Evolution. You westernize it, it loses the appeal the original had.

Don't call me James wrote:Death Note is the only anime I have ever seen. I only saw it half way so still not sure how it ends but this is great news.


??? That can't be true. Don't you live in Oakland?

If you were growing up in the 90's then Ranma 1/2 and the anime block literally came on public television there right after Sesame Street. Only Hawaii got more Japanese television than that area on over the air tv thanks to the Japan American society of San Fransisco.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Kaladin Sat 9 Jul - 6:37

The anime girls weren't hot enough for McAgger
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24437
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by RealGunner Sat 9 Jul - 6:38

cartoons rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89351
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Sat 9 Jul - 6:49

Betty La Fea wrote:
Freeza wrote:Death Note has started filming. Good to see they've adapted it fully to be a western thing. Name changes etc.

Really looking forward to Keith Stanfield as L. He's great. Great young cast overall and Adam Wingard is on the up.


I guarantee you its gonna flop like Dragonball Evolution. You westernize it, it loses the appeal the original had.

Don't call me James wrote:Death Note is the only anime I have ever seen. I only saw it half way so still not sure how it ends but this is great news.


??? That can't be true. Don't you live in Oakland?

If you were growing up in the 90's then Ranma 1/2 and the anime block literally came on public television there right after Sesame Street. Only Hawaii got more Japanese television than that area on over the air tv thanks to the Japan American society of San Fransisco.


Wasn't Edge of Tomorrow a westernized manga? That turned out somewhat decent.

I'm so tired of people comparing shit movies with movies made by people of legit talent. Dragonball Evolution sucked because there was no talent behind the camera. Adam Wingard on the other side is amazing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Guest Sat 9 Jul - 7:15

Freeza wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
Freeza wrote:Death Note has started filming. Good to see they've adapted it fully to be a western thing. Name changes etc.

Really looking forward to Keith Stanfield as L. He's great. Great young cast overall and Adam Wingard is on the up.


I guarantee you its gonna flop like Dragonball Evolution. You westernize it, it loses the appeal the original had.

Don't call me James wrote:Death Note is the only anime I have ever seen. I only saw it half way so still not sure how it ends but this is great news.


??? That can't be true. Don't you live in Oakland?

If you were growing up in the 90's then Ranma 1/2 and the anime block literally came on public television there right after Sesame Street. Only Hawaii got more Japanese television than that area on over the air tv thanks to the Japan American society of San Fransisco.


Wasn't Edge of Tomorrow a westernized manga? That turned out somewhat decent.

I'm so tired of people comparing shit movies with movies made by people of legit talent. Dragonball Evolution sucked because there was no talent behind the camera. Adam Wingard on the other side is amazing.


Edge of tomorrow was a novel hmm

I'll gladly take the L if Death note turns out to be critically praised, but I know what its looking like right now.

Light turner? Laughing Laughing That doesnt even look good read on paper, much less said out loud in a serious film

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Sat 9 Jul - 7:21

How does it look like? Great actors, great concept, great director, creative freedom? Sounds horrible


Also, Was it a novel? A novel with pictures? Guess that's a Japanese thing. They love animation, so it makes sense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McAgger Sat 9 Jul - 7:31

ES wrote:The anime girls weren't hot enough for McAgger


Laughing

is this because of what I said about Utopia's cast?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum