BarrileteCosmico
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
Kaladin
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle - Page 5 Empty Re: Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle - Page 5 HS2pv2e

My favorite jif of 2016.

Really wishing Rafa success i.e. avoiding relegation, but I have my doubts whether he's got the right qualities to save the club from the drop.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle - Page 5 Empty Re: Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Not now M99, i'm in a good mood ffs. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:35 pm

M99 wrote:So...

Pardew is the worst manager in the world.

But somehow TWO managers did a worse job than him.

hmm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Sir Alan Pardew 21.5 -11.5 Newcastle United

hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Also i never said he's the worst Laughing

But please can we leave it alone ffs Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:21 pm

lmfao doubt me more haters

Yea I am calling you out @RedOranje
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:22 pm

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:34 pm

The former Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Valencia boss takes over with the Magpies a point from safety with 10 games left.

This sentence has fried my brain.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:51 pm

Fairplay to Benitez for taking this job honestly. Guy can get much bigger clubs (no offence to newcastle fans) but he didn't and went for a job that requires a lot of effort and challenge.

Can't say the same about a certain coward.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The former Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Valencia boss takes over with the Magpies a point from safety with 10 games left.

The sentence is like the inverse procedure of West Ham's last summer approaching Ancelotti, Klopp, Benitez, Conte, Emery, Bielsa, and Laudrup, to settle for Bilic.

The linked article IMO was one of the most hilarious pieces of prose Ive ever read
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11640736/West-Ham-refuse-to-give-up-hope-on-appointing-Jurgen-Klopp.html
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:16 pm

madrid to newcastle in the same season rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:18 pm

Jelly that he's better than Van Gaal tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The former Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Valencia boss takes over with the Magpies a point from safety with 10 games left.

The sentence is like the inverse procedure of West Ham's last summer approaching Ancelotti, Klopp, Benitez, Conte, Emery, Bielsa, and Laudrup, to settle for Bilic.

The linked article IMO was one of the most hilarious pieces of prose Ive ever read
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11640736/West-Ham-refuse-to-give-up-hope-on-appointing-Jurgen-Klopp.html

On second thought though, in hindsight Benitez should probably have taken that West Ham job right then and there hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:Fairplay to Benitez for taking this job honestly. Guy can get much bigger clubs (no offence to newcastle fans) but he didn't and went for a job that requires a lot of effort and challenge.

Can't say the same about a certain coward.

On the other hand, Benitez is taking a massive risk. Imagine being the manager who couldn't even save the massively spending newcastle in a season when frigging leicester won the title?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:33 pm

He's not going to be blamed if we go down lol.

People will just say they were beyond saving anyway and he'll get all the credit if we stay up.

I'm confident we'll stay up now anyway, we are only one point from safety anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:51 pm

rincon wrote:How did he not perform worse?

Napoli are an ambitious team with one of the biggest followings in Italy. Under De Laurentis they are attempting to become a top team. Hence why a coach like Benitez was brought. Experienced and with an international CV.

Under Benitez they spent ~130 mill in 2 seasons. Most of the current squad was bought then (the spaniards, Higuain, Jorginho, Ghoulam, Gabbiadini, Koulibaly Mertens, etc.). That raises the expectations, yet they came out playing worse than before. Sarri then takes over and they buy a bunch of squad players + Hysaj and Allan, and now they look like a top team again. His lack of flexibility hell bent on playing that ridiculous 4-2-3-1 in Serie A plus how clueless they looked in attack didn't help.

Under Benitez Napoli had 0 midfield play, not plan there whatsoever. They conceded a bunch, and scored a bunch. Most of the time by relying on their forwards individual play, no fluidity at all.

Remember that Mazzarri didn't inherit a CL team. Before him Napoli were in midtable, recently promoted to Serie A. He put them on top. His time ended with Napoli 2nd and a coppa. He more than fulfilled expectations.

Benitez took that team and had a good first season. But then completely blew it the second one. Got eliminated in CL qualifers, and missed out on CL for next season finishing 5th!!!! behind Roma, Lazio and Fiore. A 3rd place and a 5th place are far from good enough.

Then Sarri came in with virtually the same team as Benitez and made it so much better. I'm sure you've seen them play. Rafa underperformed and Napoli stagnated with him. If you take the team, invest heavily, and leave it in worse shape than when you got there did you do a good job? He was Ok at most, nothing more.

rincon wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:But did he perform worse? What did Mazzari accomplish that he didn't? Mazzari sometimes qualified for the CL, sometimes didn't. Same with Benitez..

Remember that Benitez never qualified for the CL.

They did finish 3rd, it's just that they didn't manage to get past Atheltic. I suppose technically it's true he never actually qualified for it.

While they spent a lot of money you also have to remember that they sold a lot of players. The net spend is only about 30m euros on that, not as significant an investment as it would seem. I agree that the progression was stopped under him but I think qualifying him as a flop is far too strong. There were instances where they were quite unlucky, like in the penalty that would've made the difference between 3rd and 5th. There's a reason De Laurentiis wanted to keep him in spite of his huge wages.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:01 pm

I just became a huge Newcastle fan. It's so important we survive relegation this season. Rafa can build teams very well long term. Hearing the news that he has full control just makes me happy.

We still have to face Villa, Norwich, and Sunderland in the league. Those 9 point are going to be so important.

Moal what's your best XI in your opinion?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Laughing

I dunno really, i haven't really watched more than 4 games this season. I'll let Rafa decide that on Monday Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Jelly that he's better than Van Gaal tbh.

He's miles better than LVG. In fact, I'd take him over LVG in a heartbeat.

This a big coup for NewC. I fancy them to stay up now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:20 pm

rafa has full control? hmm

if

IF they manage to stay up

and IF they start spending properly under him they could be legit in a couple of seasons, no reason they couldn't be where west ham are atm.

think persisting with mcclaren this long will prove fatal though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:29 pm

Yeah it's a weird situation, before i couldn't give a shit and wanted to be relegated but now i want to stay up badly because of where we could be eventually.

It is a concern that we might have left it too late, it would be so Newcastle to do the right thing for once and still go down anyway. Laughing

And yeah he has full control, brought in his own staff that he's had with him at Liverpool, Napoli and Madrid as well.

The will he be backed in the transfer market is another question entirely though, if he is it means the fat man has finally figured it out but we'll see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:42 pm

This is where we will rise again. The Jonjo has been released, guided by the factual gaze of the fat Spanish waiter. There is no stopping now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
They did finish 3rd, it's just that they didn't manage to get past Atheltic. I suppose technically it's true he never actually qualified for it.

While they spent a lot of money you also have to remember that they sold a lot of players. The net spend is only about 30m euros on that, not as significant an investment as it would seem. I agree that the progression was stopped under him but I think qualifying him as a flop is far too strong. There were instances where they were quite unlucky, like in the penalty that would've made the difference between 3rd and 5th. There's a reason De Laurentiis wanted to keep him in spite of his huge wages.

Qualifying is qualifying, he missed out on the CL twice.

Never called him a flop, I keep saying he was Ok.

They never should've been in the position were that penalty costed them that much. Also remember that that penalty was at 2-2. They proceeded to lose that game 4-2, its on all of them, not just bad luck.

Also, they didn't sell tons of players. They sold 1 player. Cavani. The others that left were deemed surplus. Free transfer and loans to empty the squad of players that never figured. Campagnaro is the only one worth mentioning and at that point he declined to hell. They sold Cavani, re-invested that money and then some to shape the squad for the next big challenge.

There is no way around the fact that he performed worse than Mazzarri and Sarri so far. Why can he get a free pass over others? It was mindblowing that Madrid went for him after his job there but I guess that just speaks more about Madrid nowadays Laughing .
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:06 am

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:23 am

So basically Rafa's wife forced him to take the next best job he can get in England
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:25 am

He was obviously joking lol, he went months without a job when he left Liverpool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:23 am

This manager change was really needed to have some fresh air among our fanbase. So happy to support my old beloved club once again and I have no doubts with Rafa we are definitley going to stay up.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum