Paraguay plays like Italy of the 60s and 70s. Wonderful catenaccio, great discipline.

+3
Sushi Master
Seppuku
wigglesworth
7 posters

Go down

Paraguay plays like Italy of the 60s and 70s.  Wonderful catenaccio, great discipline. Empty Paraguay plays like Italy of the 60s and 70s. Wonderful catenaccio, great discipline.

Post by wigglesworth Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 am

It looks to me like Paraguay has mastered the catenaccio., their coach is named Martino, a good Italian name! I really enjoy watching a well coached disciplined team with balls.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Paraguay plays like Italy of the 60s and 70s.  Wonderful catenaccio, great discipline. Empty Re: Paraguay plays like Italy of the 60s and 70s. Wonderful catenaccio, great discipline.

Post by Seppuku Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:18 am

Uruguay were more disciplined yesterday.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Paraguay plays like Italy of the 60s and 70s.  Wonderful catenaccio, great discipline. Empty Re: Paraguay plays like Italy of the 60s and 70s. Wonderful catenaccio, great discipline.

Post by wigglesworth Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:22 am

Seppuku wrote:Uruguay were more disciplined yesterday.

No, I think Paraguay played a more disciplined game against a more explosive opponent.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:26 am

Catenaccio FTW. Venezuela also applied it nicely Afro

Tiki taka can suck it.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:29 am

dam i almost forgot now that i look at u sushi master, theres quite a bit of venezualan posters i can think of in this forum!
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:37 am

Sushi Master wrote:Catenaccio FTW. Venezuela also applied it nicely Afro

Tiki taka can suck it.

BTW congratulations. I thought they only played besbal in Venezuela. I go to Venezuela often, only Caracas, but I may be going to Maracay (not Maracaibo) soon.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:23 am

wigglesworth wrote:It looks to me like Paraguay has mastered the catenaccio., their coach is named Martino, a good Italian name! I really enjoy watching a well coached disciplined team with balls.

You can say that again. They did the most of what they had.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:37 am

wigglesworth wrote:

Tiki taka can suck it.

BTW congratulations. I thought they only played besbal in Venezuela. I go to Venezuela often, only Caracas, but I may be going to Maracay (not Maracaibo) soon.
Thanks. And yes, we are primarily known for our baseball exports... but we are improving in football step by step.

I think you told me that in the old boards, you come for work reasons. Maracay isn't too great, but have fun anyways. As an Italian you should get along well with us. If you get a chance, visit the beaches and the local nature. Truly beautiful to see.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 am

Sushi Master wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

Tiki taka can suck it.

Thanks. And yes, we are primarily known for our baseball exports... but we are improving in football step by step.

I think you told me that in the old boards, you come for work reasons. Maracay isn't too great, but have fun anyways. As an Italian you should get along well with us. If you get a chance, visit the beaches and the local nature. Truly beautiful to see.

I have many Venezuelan friends in Caracas, and yes, I feel at home in Venezuela.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Congratulations to Paraguay. Their game plan and tactics worked out perfectly and they were rewarded. They deserved to advance to the semis.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:48 pm

As much their tactics were awesome, if I were Paraguayan I would've hated this match up till the win on penalties. The team didn't attack at all, maybe twice throughout the game, and were saved by the keeper alone and sometimes the defenders right on the goal line. it was basically brazil attacking, paraguay defending.. seriously, I like to see my team attacking.

But kudos to their tactics, it did stop us (well the keeper did anyway), and they won it on penalties, which really is about menality and luck.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down