RealGunner
sportsczy
Claudio84
Nivash
Dante
guest7
11 posters

Go down

Is Isco good enough? Empty Is Isco good enough?

Post by guest7 Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 am

Compared to Özil and Di Maria he is a downgrade.

Zidane even started Kovacic in the game vs Athletic. It's clear he is not completely happy with him. Kovacic won't be a good enough replacement. Expect Madrid to buy a AM this summer (if the ban allows us to)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is Isco good enough? Empty Re: Is Isco good enough?

Post by Dante Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:12 am

i agree , he's a downgrade

i believe 40m should do it , we'll save you guys don't worry
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:17 am

Except he's not being played in an AM role. He's certainly good enough; he's limited more by the system we're using than absence of talent.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Isco is talented but not effective, he's slow, his finishing is meh, he doesn't provide a good amount of assists either, he only has room for us if he were to play as a 10, and as i said the 10 of Real Madrid will have to provide a ton of assists and good amount of goals, one thing that gets in my nerves is that he messes up with all our counters, instead of going foward and release the ball quickly he hogs the ball and we lose the surprise factor, i think Benitez told him to release the ball faster and that's why he got mad with him

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:26 pm

We need CMs, not AM/10s... so there really is no role in our tactical scheme for a player like Isco or James for that matter.

Isco is like Mata or David Silva (same with James).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:54 pm

He is more Iniesta than Mata or Silva tbh. I don't think he is a 10 nor an AM but a hybrid of CM and AM. Worst kind to be since you are pretty much without a position and you have to adapt to a system rather than have a system build around you.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:He is more Iniesta than Mata or Silva tbh. I don't think he is a 10 nor an AM but a hybrid of CM and AM. Worst kind to be since you are pretty much without a position and you have to adapt to a system rather than have a system build around you.

That's true. Isco isn't a 10. He's a LCM/LM, similar to Iniesta
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:54 pm

He certainly is good enough, he should just learn not to slow down our attacks.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:01 pm

isco is a number 10; i notice that when a player can make a long pass, as well as slow the game down, people immediately associate such player as a cm. a cm also has to tackle, take on defensive duties at times by marking players and limit how often he bombs forward. the only cm attributes isco has are the offensive ones; holding the ball and passing. now his problem isn't just that we don't play with an am...remember its basically cos of him we scrapped that position.

remember he started well, scoring goals, assisting, but somewhere along the line he fell off. he didn't have the freedom he had at malaga (if you saw him at malaga, he could drift to the left, right or center anyway he wanted; and could hold the ball as long as he wanted), and ancelotti felt the midfield wasn't dominant enough so brought in di maria and benched isco
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:02 pm

so, even if we revert back to 4 2 3 1 (which we wouldn't, because bale isn't a typical rw, and ofcourse cr isn't a lw- they're all forwards now), i still don't think isco will even fit behind those 3, based off his first season; where he was good for the first month, but faded in that role. the only similarity he has with iniesta is holding the ball- and unlike iniesta, he at times doesn't know when to release it. iniesta actually marks, he started at barcelona playing more defensive duties, same with xavi; so they actually mark and pressure opponents....isco doesn't, cos he's not used to that, cos in his heyday, that was never his position....remember he only started playing there when ancelotti said he wanted him to be like seedorf. so yes, he's a step down from ozil as an am, as well as di maria as a cm...(i think he's a bit more energetic than ozil, at least he may not get tired after 60 mins, but other than that, ozil's a step up in almost every am category)
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Ozil has better vision and passing... Isco is better in the box and in terms of energy and defense. Ozil is the better AM imo because passing and vision are really the names of the game there.

Anyhow, I think he's out of form since Rafa played him so sporadically. Same with James. Since these guys are so reliant on technique, feel and rhythm, i don't think it comes back quickly. I'm waiting for the 6 week mark since the time that both these guys started playing regularly to give a verdict. That's the time where you'll know exactly what they can be this season imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:47 pm

Yes Isco is good enough, as a player he is great. By extension, James also is terrific.

But Isco and James are not playing intheir position of strength, in the position where we can maximize their talent, so they are not performing as well as they should, and performance is all that matters. You play Ozil at CM or right wing and lets see what happens lol

Di Maria is unique, he is a freak, he is a genuine winger that can play as a box to box, it's almost stupid how versatile he is.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:11 am

Isco isn't attacking enough

I feel that alot of you put false blame on BBC, they are genuinly a amazing attacking trio. I differ I think our AMs could have better quality instead. Özil for example would feed million assists in this team
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:10 am

isco is easily one of the most useless players i have ever seen, literally does NOTHING ALL GAME, same with james to a lesser extent, and thanks to the magical powers of hype, still gets treated like king rofl.

somethings never changes Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down