S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 35 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:35 am

Loool this is getting depressing for Pep indeed eco smile

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 35 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 am

Can't see Fernandinho being a starter come next season. The team is crying out for a ball playing DM imo.

If Kompany's fitness issues aren't sorted out, then there's no point keeping him around. Might as well splash out on an actual proven WC defender.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 am

Just seen that interview, uncomfortable as hell, and the journalist was even nice and all.

What is he bitching about here though, Fernandinho's tackle should be a red anywhere in the world, nothing to do with England.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:43 am

His two faced prick personality is now coming to light at the first sign of difficulty at his new club where it's not all rosy and comfy like his previous clubs despite having a billion dollar budget.

What disappoints me most is some years ago , his fanboys were portraying Mourinho as this scumbag villain and Pep as this noble hero when the rivalry was as its peak but the simple truth he should lumped in the same bracket as Mourinho except that this guy is two faced and shows an elitist attitude which is far worse than any of Mourinho's antics imo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:24 am

He's always been arrogant at times. What's new here?

Did he offend anyone as a result of that interview? No.

Showing his two faced prick personality?? LMAO. He did not say anything offensive. Just having a rough time.

Pep haters coming out from their caves in full force, I see.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Lmao pep needs to ban the WiFi again, until his players to shape up IMO.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:36 pm

"At the moment his challenge is Manchester City, who are a team like Villarreal in La Liga, for example, a team which is not one of the top sides. I am not giving my opinion, I am telling you what Guardiola thinks, they are like a second-tier team in the Premier League,"

"In Spain and in Germany he was competing with a big team -- but in England the big teams are Chelsea, Manchester United, other teams. He has a team which is powerful but not the most powerful.

Spanish journalist Lu Martin, who co-wrote a book with the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach, also said he is not surprised that Guardiola said he is already thinking about the end of his coaching career.

http://www.espn.in/football/manchester-city/story/3031261/pep-guardiola-ranks-man-city-as-second-tier-team-co-author

:popcorn:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:38 pm

His words were that he doesn't envision coaching when he's 65.

Like when Messi said he's going to retire after losing in the final again he's probably just frustrated.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:40 pm

He's said that about a 100 times already.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Guardiola has repeatedly claimed he doesn't want to manage very long and refuses to sign long term deals.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Okay. But then what about the City are the English Villareal remark. Isnt something like that exactly what the City fans have been trying hard to brush off for the last decade or so ever since their new found wealth and elite status. Now the guy comes and basically says to them they are exactly that, a second tier club. Laughing
Now before justifying this comment by pointing he only said the truth, bear in mind both Moyes and his successor LvG has spoken along similar lines about United during their tenures. Moyes said "United should aspire to be City" where as the Dutch dinosaur said "we should lower our expectation" or something like that

Ultimately they may be truths, but they are truths no fan wants to hear thesedays.
Can only see this going down one way. Although as of now no acts of vandalism has been reported among the City fanbase lol and the last time I checked (Bluemoon) they were pretty unanimous in their support of the guy, so fair enough.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:52 pm

I was at the city v burnley game (how's your life going pleb?) and I'm not how much of it was shown on TV, but pep was looking very edgy towards the end of the game.

In second half injury time the ball went out for a burnley throw in the attacking half and as the burnley plyayer went to grab the ball from the crowd, pep pushed in front of him, grabbed the ball and threw it away. Also at the end of the game Pep gave the ref an absolute mouthful.

TBH both of these would've created a circus of Mou got caught doing them
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:41 pm

Just like his fans, Pep is an asshat when he is ready and when things aren't going "his way", he is more than ready.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:42 pm

A good craftsman never blames his tools imo.

City has finished 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 4th in the last five seasons, spent close to a bilion in this timeframe including 200M dictated by Pep himself this summer. Yes, they are absolutely the same as the Getafe/Espanyol of Valencia who were relegated a couple years ago. Laughing
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Mou has complained repeatedly about refs already iirc (as he usually does) and just a couple games ago did take a ball and refused to give it to the opposition player.

So I'm not sure what you're on about fatman. Mou gets away with this stuff as much if not more than most other managers because it's now another day in the life of Mou. It's expected

I don't really have a problem with it, I'm more so just saying I disagree with you. As far as criticism goes for his antics these days, Mourinho has a very long leash.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:23 pm

CBarca wrote:
As far as criticism goes for his antics these days, Mourinho has a very long leash.

Shocked You are not joking are you. Mou cant utter a single word about the officials nowadays, if so he will be banished from the touchline and banned for a couple of games at least. Honestly dont know what you incident you are referring here. Refused to give the ball? Which match. Sorry if I missed that incident.

Either way its pretty common knowledge that Pep is like the noble savior of football and mankind alike whereas Jose is the rogue and lunatic who everybody despises with a passion. And I believe cos of Mou's repeated attack on the match officials especially during his wretched last season with Chelsea he has been always kept these days on a tight leash.

Cant believe just for the sake of argument how a Pep supporter can overturn that notion on its head and say exactly opposite about the two! :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Pep is seeking attention like always. Nothing new.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:40 pm

Glory wrote:Okay. But then what about the City are the English Villareal remark.

Did he actually say that though? fair enough if he did but as far as i can tell it's just another Balague like attention seeker making things up.

If you can actually post quotes he said that then yeah he deserves all the shit that comes his way because that's nonsense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:57 pm

I didn't say anything about Pep.

But these days on GL if Mou just doesn't get the same bad press. It's business as usual. The only time he does is when he has an interview like the "I have nothing to say" where people find it funny more than anything. Rightly so too.

Now imagine Pep did that interview. Multiple threads started, outrage everywhere, everyone very upset. Reading the reaction to pep on here is on par entertainment wise with reading S's reaction to Pogba doing anything good
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:50 pm

The impression I get is that everyone pretty universally dislikes/hates Mourinho by now, thats why there isn't so much noise anymore here. There is not much argue for most posters.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:14 pm

CBarca wrote:Mou has complained repeatedly about refs already iirc (as he usually does) and just a couple games ago did take a ball and refused to give it to the opposition player.

So I'm not sure what you're on about fatman. Mou gets away with this stuff as much if not more than most other managers because it's now another day in the life of Mou. It's expected

I don't really have a problem with it, I'm more so just saying I disagree with you. As far as criticism goes for his antics these days, Mourinho has a very long leash.

I'm actually a really big fan of Pep and his way of thinking (I really encourage those who haven't to read Pep confidential and the evolution, both are wonderful books), but in this case im just calling a spade a spade

In regard to how much leash Mou gets, weather he did the same thing a few matches ago or not, he doesn't get nearly as much leeway as other managers do.

All in all I don't really buy into the whole Pep v Mou thing, or understand why when ones name is mentioned the others has to - it's really just today's version of Messi v CR
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:19 pm

Pep needs messi badly now. His reputation is at stake here.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Glory wrote:Okay. But then what about the City are the English Villareal remark.

Did he actually say that though? fair enough if he did but as far as i can tell it's just another Balague like attention seeker making things up.

If you can actually post quotes he said that then yeah he deserves all the shit that comes his way because that's nonsense.

whilst we haven't heard him say that, the journalist that mentioned it, made sure to point out that, that was how guardiola felt or feels, and not him (the journalist), a sort of "don't shoot the messenger" spiel. (i hope pep and those who support him don't actually believe that comparison) anyways city's not villareal for obvious reasons. and can't be compared to any other team in la liga but the top 2 in terms of wealth, spending power, appeal etc (obviously city doesn't have the history/ titles).

a foolish comparison, maybe done to overstate achievements, cos i really don't know how or why anyone would come up with that. taking over city isn't the same as simeone and atleti, let alone villareal.....and lol at the wifi thing chad posted.  i totally forgot about that...come on, i understand coaches have their pet peeves, but that wifi thing is ridiculous....almost as ridiculous as focusing on a goalkeeper's "skills" with the ball at his feet
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:19 am

Adit wrote:Pep needs messi badly now. His reputation is at stake here.

positional play >>> messi imo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola admits he cannot change English football — But he will adapt to the Premier League.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-boss-pep-guardiola-9579849

Finally.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm

The most interesting thing from that article is that he blames himself and it's not the players fault.

Seems to fly in the face of the Villarreal nonsense lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next