Sri
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal Vs Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 2 Jan - 18:35:08

srigooner wrote:You know it had to be Koscielny. He was the only one driving us forward in the last few minutes.

Good, hopefully they'll be no " jinxing" nonsense now. :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat 2 Jan - 18:38:40

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
srigooner wrote:You know it had to be Koscielny. He was the only one driving us forward in the last few minutes.

Good, hopefully they'll be no " jinxing" nonsense now. :coffee:

Can't jinx with retrospective statements, can only jinx with speculative predictions. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat 2 Jan - 18:39:24

VendettaRed07 wrote:Absolutely shameful display by Ox today

He's been awful for a while now. Would be nowhere near the first team if not for all the injuries.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat 2 Jan - 18:43:22

So many brainfarts.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat 2 Jan - 18:59:43

VendettaRed07 wrote:Absolutely shameful display by Ox today

Theo was worse in my opinion followed by Ramsey and Flamini. We had no midfield in the first half cause of these two
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Sat 2 Jan - 19:08:41

You don't expect Flamini to do the thinking in the midfield.He's there to break up the play.It's Ramsey who needs to play the Cazorla role and try to maintain shape.

BTW,what's happened to Bellerin?Did the Peruvian voodoo guy put a spell on this guy instead of Alexis?

Cannot seem to attack nor defend.Seems uncertain in almost all departments these days.If only Debuchy was in some form.

Also,if we end up signing some winger,we should seriously loan out Chamberlain.This guy has been riding on his so called potential for years now instead of utilizing the potential.Joel seems to be so much better than Chamberlain.

Cech has already saved us 10-15 points which JT said he'll do over the season.Has been as important as Oezil.
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat 2 Jan - 19:16:09

Stuff of champions hmm

What an awful performance from us. Bar the first five minutes when we were all over them we did not get going at all. Defensively our shape was poor, half the team trying to press, the other half sitting back, and Newcastle being able to play out and play one-touch football through our midfield because it was quite literally non-existent. Offensively our midfield went missing again. Nobody wanted to get on the ball and dictate. Our wingers were far too peripheral. Ox has been poor for ages, and Walcott doesn't get involved enough playing on the flank.

It's games like these that help you identify the players who really have the bottle. For me, it's worrying that the majority of team stayed in their shells when the going was tough, but then improved when the goal went in. Cech and Koscielny were the only ones performing well before the goal.

Fortunate to get the win but nonetheless it's an important win.

I'd rest Ramsey and Ozil for the Sunderland game. Go with a Chambers-Flamini duo in mid, maybe a kid in AM. I love the FA Cup but with the run of games we have we need to keep our key midfielders as fit as possible. Any doubt of an injury and they shouldn't play.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat 2 Jan - 19:41:43

Ramsey can’t play CM, but I think someone like elnany next to him may help with our shape. Apparently elnany is a good and dominant distributor of the ball so hopefully ramsey and elnany combination will do a bit better.

We got dominated in midfield but I expect that tbh. im not going to be on here and blame flamini. I think he has done fantastic for us, I have grown to love him. He has help us so much and has contributed a great deal to this season already. However, maybe Chambers should have played today, since he was impressive against bounemouth, cant fault wenger for picking flamini though.

Campbell has a footballing brain, ox doesn’t, its that simple. OX is the typical English confidence player. When he is confident he can dribble, when his dribbling doesn’t come of, he is useless. Anyone on here that is smart knows that’s not what makes a top player. it’s not about skill on the ball, its about the runs you make; the positions you take up and the courage a player requires to demand the ball at difficult periods in a match. Campbell may not be perfect but he has the mental ingredients you need to make it at a top club, at least as a sub, ox doesn’t.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Sat 2 Jan - 19:47:47

With Arteta returning from injury,Hayden recalled from his loan & Gnabry too returning.We might have some depth to give the starters some rest.

Also,I believe this Elneny signing will drag on due to his work permit problems.
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat 2 Jan - 20:02:01

Gnabry isn't coming back. Hayden will be loaned elsewhere, since he didn't get minutes at Hull.

Pop goes the bubble.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 2 Jan - 22:50:55

So....doesn't seem like i missed a great match
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 3 Jan - 15:22:33

watched the highlights anyways

Man if only Ramsey scored that goal late on. Would have been great.

Cech was MOTM definitely.

Koscielny's instincts were great for that goal. Nice finish too. Liked how Giroud fought for the ball twice to make that goal happen.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2