Is Klopp too passionate?

+10
McLewis
CBarca
Perucho21
Bankz
Lucifer
À bout de souffle
Sri
futbol
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
14 posters

Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Some people were ridiculing him for taking the team to in front of the Kop when we got a late draw against West Brom at Anfield. Yesterday he was told to calm down by a police officer when he confronted Allardyce about Lens's nasty tackle on Sakho. He's got a lot of emotion and reaction in him.

Is Klopp showing too much "passion"? Is all of it genuine or just for show? Does he stand out too much for it? Which other managers react as passionately as Klopp does?


Last edited by Art Morte on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18314
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Klopp is a psycho on the sideline. He himself would be the first to admit it.

When he was confronted with the pictures of him shouting at the 4th official couple seasons ago
Spoiler:
, he was genuinely shocked himself at how he looks lol. Dont think he can control it and it's certainly not acted.


Pep is similar. Grabbing fourth officials, can't calm down.
I mean Pep refused to shake the hands of the MLS allstar team coach after a preseason prestige friendly rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by futbol Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:19 pm

Difference with Pep is that Pep is acting fake. Like coming to the Barca-City game last season and doing all sorts of overblown reaction faces, knowing fully well that all cameras are focused on him. As if he didn't see the Barca team from up close for 4 years day in day out and a bit of routine Barca magic makes him lose his emotions like that. Laughing

Klopp is genuinenly like that.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11252
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Sri Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Yes.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by À bout de souffle Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Everything about Klopp is genuine, his yellow teeth included. I despise his marriage with L'pool, however. For that reason, I can't get myself to watch his team.
I was hoping he'd bring his exuberance, and eccentricity to L.Liga, and still do.

Football needs more charismatic and passionate managers, and less impostors at the elite level.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 220
Join date : 2015-04-25

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Lucifer Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:58 pm

futbol wrote:Difference with Pep is that Pep is acting fake. Like coming to the Barca-City game last season and doing all sorts of overblown reaction faces, knowing fully well that all cameras are focused on him. As if he didn't see the Barca team from up close for 4 years day in day out and a bit of routine Barca magic makes him lose his emotions like that. Laughing

Klopp is genuinenly like that.

Is Klopp too passionate? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZpPCkKNe-V3xodDrJgTW2zteRPipUwewvlzDoYnJ9zI-wRelY

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8396
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Bankz Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:50 pm

What football said.. I mean, I thought I was the only one who detected his fakeness. For instance the city game, just take a look at the pleb Doing some uh's and ah's while holding his mouth with eye balls wide open for some simple everyday nutmeg like he was bout to see amber rose's *bleep*.. Pos tbh
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2888
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Perucho21 Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:14 pm

Is Klopp too passionate? Jurgen-klopp-pissed
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2741
Join date : 2015-03-23

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:48 pm

lmao futbol

good stuff

funny guy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20380
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:55 pm

No such thing as too much passion in this sport.

If anything, there isn't enough of it from many coaches and other figures off the pitch.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 13332
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:13 pm

McLewis wrote:No such thing as too much passion in this sport.

If anything, there isn't enough of it from many coaches and other figures off the pitch.


On one hand, I agree. Too many managers and players show too little passion.

On the other hand I'm thinking that in about 10 games now, Klopp has had somewhat serious confrontations with Pulis and Allardyce. Both very experienced Premier League managers and neither known for getting into such wars of words with opposition managers that it makes the match reports. Yet Klopp has now had confrontations with both of them.

I thought the gesture to take the team in front of the Kop after the West Brom game was great and I'd like to see that happen again, but some of this other stuff feels a bit much for me. Like, we played a really dour 0-1 win over Sunderland yesterday and after the final whistle Klopp was hugging every player on the pitch - both Liverpool and Sunderland - like it was a 3-4 classic in the Champions League final. A part of me likes that attitude, but a part of me feels like he's overplaying it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18314
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Uncanny Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Is Klopp too passionate? Jurgen-klopp-pissed


lol this is the best
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1606
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:29 pm

Art Morte wrote:
McLewis wrote:No such thing as too much passion in this sport.

If anything, there isn't enough of it from many coaches and other figures off the pitch.


On one hand, I agree. Too many managers and players show too little passion.

On the other hand I'm thinking that in about 10 games now, Klopp has had somewhat serious confrontations with Pulis and Allardyce. Both very experienced Premier League managers and neither known for getting into such wars of words with opposition managers that it makes the match reports. Yet Klopp has now had confrontations with both of them.

I thought the gesture to take the team in front of the Kop after the West Brom game was great and I'd like to see that happen again, but some of this other stuff feels a bit much for me. Like, we played a really dour 0-1 win over Sunderland yesterday and after the final whistle Klopp was hugging every player on the pitch - both Liverpool and Sunderland - like it was a 3-4 classic in the Champions League final. A part of me likes that attitude, but a part of me feels like he's overplaying it.


I think these incidents are part of the Klopp package honestly. You have to take the bad with the good. The man has a crazy temper and that probably won't change.

For me, I love Klopp's passion....even when it's pointed at other coaches. Too many negative interactions between coaches are cold war-ish (thinking Benitez-Mourinho). While it's certainly not in good taste for Klopp to have a go at 2 coaches that have been around PL as long as Allardyce and Pulis have been, I think it's refreshing that he took them on directly instead of snarking them in press conferences and interviews.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 13332
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:48 pm

Pulis and Allardyce have had beef with Wenger before
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22534
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:51 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Is Klopp too passionate? Jurgen-klopp-pissed

Oh my geez, I actually forgot how legit scary this was. Mans raised 7 stages of hell in that moment.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22534
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:55 pm

There is a reason why managers like Pulis or Big sam hates managers with progressive philosophies lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:00 pm

McLewis wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
McLewis wrote:No such thing as too much passion in this sport.

If anything, there isn't enough of it from many coaches and other figures off the pitch.


On one hand, I agree. Too many managers and players show too little passion.

On the other hand I'm thinking that in about 10 games now, Klopp has had somewhat serious confrontations with Pulis and Allardyce. Both very experienced Premier League managers and neither known for getting into such wars of words with opposition managers that it makes the match reports. Yet Klopp has now had confrontations with both of them.

I thought the gesture to take the team in front of the Kop after the West Brom game was great and I'd like to see that happen again, but some of this other stuff feels a bit much for me. Like, we played a really dour 0-1 win over Sunderland yesterday and after the final whistle Klopp was hugging every player on the pitch - both Liverpool and Sunderland - like it was a 3-4 classic in the Champions League final. A part of me likes that attitude, but a part of me feels like he's overplaying it.


I think these incidents are part of the Klopp package honestly. You have to take the bad with the good. The man has a crazy temper and that probably won't change.

For me, I love Klopp's passion....even when it's pointed at other coaches. Too many negative interactions between coaches are cold war-ish (thinking Benitez-Mourinho). While it's certainly not in good taste for Klopp to have a go at 2 coaches that have been around PL as long as Allardyce and Pulis have been, I think it's refreshing that he took them on directly instead of snarking them in press conferences and interviews.


Yeah, I'm just not sure if all of it is 100% genuine reaction. Watching him, I feel something like 20% is him enjoying that role and exaggerating it.

And I like the parts where he tries to get the crowd going - because the crowds in England need that, too - but I can tell some of the players are a little uncomfortable when he's hugging them like a 0-1 win over Sunderland is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18314
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:26 am

How can you not love this guy ffs

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Lucifer Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:12 am

That is my question

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8396
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Sri Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:14 am

Benteke rofl

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum