So what is the expectation for Klopp and Liverpool?

+18
Glory
MaraVilla
free_cat
iftikhar
RED
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
Hapless_Hans
The Franchise
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
Art Morte
Curtinho
Lucifer
Cassius
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Mr Nick09
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So what is the expectation for Klopp and Liverpool? Empty So what is the expectation for Klopp and Liverpool?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:14 pm

So now that Brandon boy, scape goat in chief has been sacked, and pool managed to sign a manager is unanimously wanted and acclaimed already, what's the expectations for their team this season.

They are 6 points off the top, 3 points off the top 4.

Are they title contender now? If they dont make top 4 at least, is it a major flop?

What would constitute a successful season from Liverpool at the end of the season? the quality of play? position in the table? or Pool are just gearing up for next summer when they will try to sign big to go big?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

So what is the expectation for Klopp and Liverpool? Empty Re: So what is the expectation for Klopp and Liverpool?

Post by Nishankly Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:25 pm

-Top 5
-A cup semi final/final.
-More attention to the EL
-Stable defense and more confident football where passing % doesn't matter and we take risks.
-Shrewd January signings.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

So what is the expectation for Klopp and Liverpool? Empty Re: So what is the expectation for Klopp and Liverpool?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:26 pm

You can't be serious lol.

Top 4 would be a minor miracle with that team.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:27 pm

I don't think the title should be a target till atleast 2 years into his career at Liverpool. And I think a 5th place finish for the pool this season isn't a bad do at all, all things considering.

The seasons long and fans must be patient and realistic and leave kloppo to work his magic, more than positive pool will be competing for major silverware within the next couple of years but definitely not straight away.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Semis in EL and CL next year

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Deep cup runs and top 5 would be nice, but I think this season is kind of an adjustment period for him so even if they don't see success right away I won't worry. It's more about next season and beyond. He claims he wants to win a title here within the next 3 seasons. It'll take some work, but I believe in him.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:56 pm

Top-4 next season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Making CL... until Liverpool qualify for CL they will have a hard time attracting elite talent, Klopp or no Klopp.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Money attracts talent; not CL. Of course there are exceptions, but usually most players tend to migrate to the cash pole (ADM, prime Falcao, Ibra, Silva,...)

It's us, fans, who want to believe that there's a little bit more to it than that. But in reality, it's only that.

Note: I said most players, which means there are exceptions.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Prime falcao did not go to Monaco for the money, he had no choice given that his rights belonged to a third party and they sold him to Monaco. modern day slavery, guy is finished now, at least let there be truth about how he ended up there. If he had a choice of his destination, he could have gone anywhere, and would have been paid just as much... anyway, just a parenthesis
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:20 pm

0 expectations, surely?

The very very best they can do is finish 4th and that only under the assumption that Chelsea continue to suck. Which is hard to imagine in itself.

If Chelsea go back to somewhere near normality there is no chance at all to finish in the top 4 this season.

He is a great coach but not a magician.Its not about Klopp now, this season someone has to suck badly for Liverpool to make it in my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:0 expectations, surely?

The very very best they can do is finish 4th and that only under the assumption that Chelsea continue to suck. Which is hard to imagine in itself.

If Chelsea go back to somewhere near normality there is no chance at all to finish in the top 4 this season.

He is a great coach but not a magician.Its not about Klopp now, this season someone has to suck badly for Liverpool to make it in my opinion.

Not that they should 'expect' it, but I wouldn't see their top 4 chances that bleak.
Chelsea has been sucking since beginning of the year.
Man Utd are still less than convincing.
Top 4 isn't a hard to take fortress in the PL these days-
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:33 pm

People have been saying Yanited have been less than convincing ever since Van Gaal joined them but they still win games lol.

They are a lock to be top 4 regardless of their play, as is all of last years top 4 unless Chelsea badly *bleep* up. Need to recognize how much worse Liverpool are compared to the other top 4 talent wise they shouldn't even be in the conversation, as of now as long as Klopp shows promising signs to go into next season then he's done well.

The expectations should only really come into effect for next season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:36 pm

They win games, yes, and then they lose games.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:43 pm

More often than they lose them anyway.

You'll see, just like you'll see that Arsenal will be nowhere near the league title again. :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:51 pm

We'll see.
But you remember that Utd played terrible 2 thirds of last season and still made it into top 4. It was a snail race, pretty low points for 4th if I'm not mistaken.

Just saying, right now it doesn#t look that impossible. But I'll guess we'll know soon enough. Next 3 games decide it, if they lose one of them I think it'll be steep. Get 5 or 7 points and they have a platform.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Related: Liverpool fans getting impatient as Klopp enters second trophyless day.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 am

It's a write off season for me. I have zero expectations of anything. I'm just going to enjoy Klopp's personality and give him this whole season to adjust.

Of course deep down as a fan I want and dream to win the league, or any trophy, this season, but honestly at this point it ain't about that.

And you know just for the record I absolutely despise 'top 4'. I get CL this and that but I hate that whole argument. I want to see my team competing for trophies. I don't even want Liverpool to play in CL if we can't even put up a good fight. It's a participation award like 5 year old Americans get when they play soccer. If we get to CL because we competing for the title in our league the year before, I'm okay with that, because that would hopefully mean we're in a good position to give a good showing in CL.

I hope PL loses 4th CL spot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:59 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The Franchise wrote:0 expectations, surely?

Not that they should 'expect' it, but I wouldn't see their top 4 chances that bleak.
Chelsea has been sucking since beginning of the year.
Man Utd are still less than convincing.
Top 4 isn't a hard to take fortress in the PL these days-

Like I said, if Chelsea continue then they have a chance. But if they did suck the entire season it would be quite a shock. I think they will recover, not to title winning level but not finish outside the top 4.

Man Utd aint finishing outside the top 4. They will gather enough points easily, they are clearly better than last season.

The top 4 isnt hard at all, your right..but that would be for the actual top 4, the guys outside it have almost no chance.

BTW before Klopp I didnt even know if they would finish above Everton, if Danny never came back I think they would fall behind Everton. But him plus Klopp should probably secure it, even forgetting about him as a coach, just him being at Pool has brought some positivity which I bet helps the team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:19 am

5th or 6th in the PL. Decent domestic cup runs. Last 8 of the EL.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:53 am

2015-16

Top-four (considering the faltering start of Chelsea) finish and deep cup runs. Or, Top-five finish with a Cup (or two Razz).

But more than anything else, I just want to see a general improvement in our performances. I want to see the team hungry, relentless; game in, game out.

2016-17

Top-four finish with a Trophy.

2017-18

Win the League
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:26 am

He won't do as good as predicted. I don't think he'll crack the top 4 in this season or next one.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:36 am

top 6 IMO.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:36 am

Don't call me James wrote:It's a write off season for me. I have zero expectations of anything. I'm just going to enjoy Klopp's personality and give him this whole season to adjust.

Of course deep down as a fan I want and dream to win the league, or any trophy, this season, but honestly at this point it ain't about that.

And you know just for the record I absolutely despise 'top 4'. I get CL this and that but I hate that whole argument. I want to see my team competing for trophies. I don't even want Liverpool to play in CL if we can't even put up a good fight. It's a participation award like 5 year old Americans get when they play soccer. If we get to CL because we competing for the title in our league the year before, I'm okay with that, because that would hopefully mean we're in a good position to give a good showing in CL.

I hope PL loses 4th CL spot.

I agree with this.
For those teams which dont have a realistic chance in achieving something substantial in the CL, just getting there, playing in the group stage and if lucky featuring in one knockout round, it absolutely shouldnt be regarded as something of a pinnacle of sort.
Its the teams with financial might I am talking about btw not those smaller teams for whom its a privilege to represent their club in CL, in those case though its something great, true.
But for the Liverpools and Man Uniteds and Arsenals of this world, just top 4 qualification and a namesake CL night to remember for the fans shouldnt be the be all and end all. Sadly its like that these days. The way its presented in the media and all. The top 4 finish itself in the prem, they give it far greater importance than it actually deserve.

Will take an outside top 4 finish any day if  the team as a whole is showing progress for greater things, for the future. Just a token participation every year and bowing out in a similar fashion with absolutely no improvement from the previous years I mean its so frustrating and uninspiring .

P.S Not directed at one particular club this last para. Its the entirety of English clubs that suck bad with their rotten attitude that they somehow think theres a trophy if you finish inside top 4. Sick of that really.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:06 pm

The thing is there's also a significant revenue increase for making the CL which isn't to be ignored.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next