Which players are quietly having a bad season?

+34
Cruijf
rincon
ExtremistEnigma
LeBéninois
Glory
Valkyrja
free_cat
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
The Demon of Carthage
futbol
McLewis
RED
zigra
Abramovich
McAgger
Myesyats
Firenze
urbaNRoots
Kaladin
Hapless_Hans
Freeza
The Franchise
Clutch
Lucifer
halamadrid2
Jay29
Art Morte
RealGunner
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
M99
38 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which players are quietly having a bad season? - Page 4 Empty Re: Which players are quietly having a bad season?

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:09 pm

You used to be this forum's biggest Alba fan. Laughing

Futbol Proud

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Which players are quietly having a bad season? - Page 4 Empty Re: Which players are quietly having a bad season?

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm

CBarca wrote:Marcelo elite Laughing

Give me Alba over him please

rofl

imagine marcelo having neymar and iniesta on his side and messi playing over the top passes for him every game Shocked
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Casciavit wrote:You used to be this forum's biggest Alba fan. Laughing

Futbol Proud

scratch

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:30 pm

yeah i'd take marcelo over alba any day. really good in attacking
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:36 pm

I'd take a crippled Marcelo over Alba.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:43 pm

futbol wrote:
Casciavit wrote:You used to be this forum's biggest Alba fan. Laughing

Futbol Proud

scratch

Are we going to act like you weren't the only Alba defender in the Barca section once upon a time? You weren't a fanboy, but I do remember you being the only one defending him. Laughing

You and Dani had many debates about him, not as much regarding Alves, but he was quite the topic of discussion. You've changed your tone in the past year or two, which is okay obviously, but let's not act like you didn't post gems like this:  

futbol wrote:
CBarca wrote:There is no need for gifs and all, I think it should be agreeable to everyone here that Adriano is a superior defender. I'm not saying Adriano is Abidal or anything, but Adriano is decent at it and he's better than the crap defender Alba is.

I struggle to think of what Alba does right other than being fast and overlapping.

lmao Go back to the Milan game last season. Prevented a certain goal from Bojan and sealed the quarter final ticket with an amazing sprint towards the end. Had the most interceptions against City from any player on the pitch, including a vital interception where Negredo would have been clear on goal. Didn't set a foot wrong (did Navas play? I don't remember).

"Fast and overlapping". Pls stahp. His linkup play with Iniesta and generally amazing performances during the Euros must have escaped you. Laughing

Abidal was awful for most of his Barca career btw. His offensive game in particular was criticized a lot. Robben took him apart in a game in which Barca totally dominated (yes, he managed to be FOTM in a 6-2 victory Laughing). Shortly after he got sent off against Chelsea. 09/10 he missed most of the season injured. Didn't make much of a difference replacing him with Maxwell, won 2-0 in the Bernabeu anyway with a complete makeshift defense. Only stepped it up in his 30s. In 10/11 he played his best ever season. Shortly after he suffered cancer and managed to come back and lift the CL trophy. That's where the fond memories come from. He wasn't that Maldini-esque rock people portray him as now. Couldn't deal with Özil at all in 11/12. Won't even talk about his adaptation problems prior to Pep. Laughing

http://www.goallegacy.net/t34871-adriano-vs-alba?highlight=alba

Futbol Proud

Honest question is this still how you view Abidal?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:47 pm

"I regret nothing" - Futbol
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:47 pm

The overrating of Abidal is massive.

Futbol right as always :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:04 pm

This is why I'm the 2nd most objective man on the Internet. Proud Alba isn't great but some of the criticism he received ("Adriano better than him", let's be real for a minute) was way over the top at one point so I defend him with my supreme objectivity. It also came during a time when Alves was God awful yet people like Dani kept quiet about it so I had to be vocal (I mean even more vocal than my usual disagreements with Dani Proud). He is still an "okay" fullback all things considered, mostly because there aren't many special leftbacks in world football right now but if I could I would definitely trade him for someone else. As I said: lack of alternatives. Alaba and Marcelo aren't available.

Abidal? Abidal only really got it together in his latter years and as a centerback. In 10/11 he was our best defender. Then he got ill, came back to lift the CL trophy, got ill again and then went into retirement. A great last season coupled with an iconic moment mixed with the tragedy of his illness made sure that he's remembered as a GOAT but overall he wasn't actually that special. Mind you, still 10 times the player that Alba is. Especially his composure on the ball.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Defensively Marcelo is on par with Alba but in every other aspect, he's better.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Lol, I still can't find anything Alba does right besides overlap and run fast.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:30 pm

CBarca wrote:Lol, I still can't find anything Alba does right besides overlap and run fast.

He overlaps fast smoking
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:54 pm

futbol wrote:This is why I'm the 2nd most objective man on the Internet. Proud

Calling yourself the 2nd most objective man on the internet is incredibly subjective. You're not even objective when it comes to Barcelona. I totally await the day Lucho's "tactics" unravels and you defend him in the midst of damning criticism. Basically, what you do usually Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:21 pm

Doc wrote:

Calling yourself the 2nd most objective man on the internet is incredibly subjective. You're not even objective when it comes to Barcelona. I totally await the day Lucho's "tactics" unravels and you defend him in the midst of damning criticism. Basically, what you do usually Proud

Easily the most logical after jiopsi
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:33 pm

If Futbol is objective then I am Channing Tatum

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Futbol subtlety admitting i'm the most objective Molenation
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:16 am

You may consider yourself "an ever youthful, young man", but I feel inclined to remind you do that objectifying young girls will still get you in trouble. Especially, on the internet. And "I regret nothing" won't do you any favors in court. Adam Johnson is not a role model. Just sayin'.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:40 am

Thimmy wrote:

You may consider yourself "an ever youthful, young man", but I feel inclined to remind you do that objectifying young girls will still get you in trouble. Especially, on the internet. And "I regret nothing" won't do you any favors in court. Adam Johnson is not a role model. Just sayin'.

Hold your horses. I really wouldn't go as far as labeling your mom a "young girl" anymore. Just sayin'.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:43 am

Fuss that sig rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:45 am

ES wrote:Fuss that sig rofl

How did you only see it now? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:49 am

I never got around to appreciate how hilarious that sig is, couldn't be arsed to compile a post to tell you that its funny. But now i did, its funny, i like it, and i like you
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:58 am

ES wrote:I never got around to appreciate how hilarious that sig is, couldn't be arsed to compile a post to tell you that its funny. But now i did, its funny, i like it, and i like you

Pls go.

Spoiler:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:08 am

futbol wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Hold your horses. I really wouldn't go as far as labeling your mom a "young girl" anymore. Just sayin'.

Dude, really? A ya mama joke? We're still on the topic of embarrasment, I see Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:14 am

Thimmy wrote:
futbol wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Dude, really? A ya mama joke? We're still on the topic of embarrasment, I see Rolling Eyes

Makes pedo joke.
Gets mad over ya mama joke.

Mehdrid fan logic. rofl

Don't see what's there not to like about ya mama anyway. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:18 am

You've got a point. They were kinda cool back in 2001 hmm I've got to stay awake for another 2 hours. I wish some of the old posters were still around for banter.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:23 am

Thimmy wrote:I've got to stay awake for another 2 hours.

Why? You can't sleep? Here, this might help:

Spoiler:

Thank me later.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next