Art Morte
The Demon of Carthage
LeVersacci
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
39 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Should we sell Benzema? - Page 15 Empty Re: Should we sell Benzema?

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:05 pm

It's not that he doesn't know how to play AM....  he does.  We got the PK because be played AM and sent that pass to launch Vini.

The issue with him dezoning are twofold:
-  Our wingers can't score
-  His instincts are to take risks with his passes.  That's what strikers do.  You have to play safer in the middle of the part
-  He's a CF.  If you need a AM, play a AM ffs.  We have James.  Just play the dude. Lucas shouldn't be on the pitch.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:07 pm

@tito.... we've become cheap. We have this retarded idea that transfer prices are magically going to go down. They won't. If you want a bonafide WC player, you need to pay up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:50 pm

The question Sports is “who is a bonafide WC player.”

Others thought and paid for Coutinho, Dembele, Joao Felix, etc were WC platers, but turns out they weren’t. I even list your fellow frenchmen (Greizmann and Pogba) in that category even though you will disagree. You are right that transfer prices are inflated and may never go down, but my point is there are no guarantees no matter what you pay. Plus it is so hard to access with all the overhyping and over pricing.

Then you have the true proven quality not working out, at least initially such as Courtois, Hazard.

A lot depends on adjustment to new team, league, coach, system, then does he get to play at ‘his’ position, coaching.

I truly believe there isn’t as much talent as there is demand and for sure there is a lot of reckless signings.
I couldn’t make a list of 5 bonfide WC players!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:49 pm

The thing is... there are guarantees. You know exactly what you're going to get and the standard deviation is not big.

We wouldn't pay Mbappe's wages. Same with Pogba. Griezmann was passed on (we never made an effort once Zidane left and then it was too late when he returned). I don't know about non-French players since i don't follow them... but I'm sure this is the same of top players from other countries.

We considered Allison too expensive so we went with Courtois instead... Liverpool outbid us.

We've gone from extreme to extreme.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:53 pm

You’re missing my point! Of the 100+M signings only Ronaldo and Neymar have demonstrated they are bonafide WC players and yes that list of failures includes your favorites.

They are practical reasons that you just don’t accept why Mbappe and Pogba weren’t signed. I’m still hopeful that Flo will pay the price for Mbappe when he becomes available.

But other than him, who else is a bonafide WC player? There aren’t many, and those that are are locked down with clubs no longer willing to sell out.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:12 pm

@bill, the main reason why barca's signings have failed is simple; square pegs round hole. if we sign, lets say mbappe for example, and rather than play him to his natural position we start playing him as an attacking midfielder its not going to cut it. coutinho's an attacking mid but he was signed to replace iniesta who plays deeper, then occasionally they moved him to the left flank. griezmann hasn't played a typical wide role since la real, but he's moved to the left that doesn't suite his strength

you can sign the best player but yeah if you're playing them outside of their normal position it will most likely not work. even zidane in his first year at juve wasn't played in his preferred role. that's where barcelona's mess up has come through. but the worst thing you can do is not have available talent on the squad.

btw i don't think felix was top of the tier talent, just highly priced
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:45 pm

I believe I listed reasons why some of these high priced signing haven't worked out!

And by the way it isn’t clear whether Mbappe best position is as a RW or a CF.

Let me make it easier for you and Sports. Give me a list beyond Mbappe that are bonafide WC players that may be available and who Flo should go after. (And I don’t accept Pogba to be on such a list as Timmy has stated several times).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:17 pm

mane is a top winger
halaand i have been watching, fabulous player
mertens is a good forward
salah
son
sterling
just to name a few, there are players out there to say that madrid should just sit down and wait for the market isn't smart, we want to wait for mbappe's contract to run down like hazard; difference between mbappe and hazard is, hazard wasn't as sought after. the moment mbappe is on the market the financial wolves will be on the prowl. only madrid was interested in hazard.

and if our decision is to wait for another cristiano or neymar then we should not even make posts when results don't go our way, we should just look at all our seasons as 'exercising patience' seasons until somewhere somehow some new star comes up, with ramos still our starting cb at 41 years old

Last edited by titosantill on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:21 pm

btw i think this should be on the transfer market thread. regardless of how the season goes i'm of the opinion we should start reshuffling the squad, at least while we can still make some money of them. it sounds cold but it does nothing for us financially to just have players retire en masse at the club. its why i felt we should have really been serious about that modric move to inter rather than him walking on a free or retiring here
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:29 pm

Let's go down the list:

Ndombele (that Mou is ruining)
Mane
Son
Eriksen
Mane
De Jong (who is being played out of position because of Busquets)
Cavani
Kante
Pogba
Dybala (far better than any of our wingers)
Haaland
Harry Kane
Griezmann
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Mon May 30, 2022 7:33 am

BUMP

Crazy to think people here wanted to sell Benzema despite 30+ goals every season since Cristiano left Madrid. The idea of Benzema only stayed at Madrid at the mercy of Zidane & Florentino was always bonkers.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15