S
Collblanc
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
free_cat
79 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there - Page 17 Empty Re: De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there

Post by S Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Nobody delivered in the final for that matter except for Mandzukic so why blame Alves for that ? He was hardly one of our worser players in the final.

As for the league , I agree he had very minimal contribution.

But if you have legit performances in the biggest stage in Europe, it's hard to ignore that contribution. As I mentioned, also key in winning Coppa Italia final.

I didn't say I knew how he is doing at PSG or anything about that  

Then there's no point about you arguing that he doesn't deserve to be in the list. This team is for the calender year 2017 so obviously his PSG performances would matter too.

You're just biased towards him. That's it.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there - Page 17 Empty Re: De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there

Post by rincon Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

What bias, I didn't say or argue anything abut him being or not being on the list.

My response was to you and Luca when you said he had a great second half of the season when it wasn't the case, as he only performed in a handful of games and was either injured, benched or under performing for the large majority of that second half.

I agree his performances in the knockouts were great. The games against Barca in particular were amazing and shouldn't be ignored.

Its just that calling that a great half season is rewriting history since he was bad or absent for the overwhelming majority of it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Was he really underperforming in the second half ? The first half of the season was totally shit but once he returned from injury, he played a pretty good season in the games he started. As you listed in the previous page, he was benched for a no.of games too. Other than that, fair enough.

Overall i just don't see his inclusion in the team of the year as some sort of farce.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Stop contaminating this thread by talking about Dani Alves

Unsuspecting posters want to come here and have a good time and not be constantly confronted with this POS
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm

There is Alves over Carvajal Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:43 am

Tbf is him playing bad in the league that much of an issue? Juve wrap up the league every season by the second half. I'm not sure Alves ever felt he really needed to turn it up like he did in CL knockouts.

He did well in the games that mattered (Copa italia final and the CL knockouts). How much does it matter that he didn't turn up in the useless games?

I didn't really watch him other than CL so I don't really have a voice on the matter, I'm more asking a general question than I am basing my opinion of his second half of the season on observation
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:07 am

CBarca wrote:Tbf is him playing bad in the league that much of an issue? Juve wrap up the league every season by the second half. I'm not sure Alves ever felt he really needed to turn it up like he did in CL knockouts.

He did well in the games that mattered (Copa italia final and the CL knockouts). How much does it matter that he didn't turn up in the useless games?

I didn't really watch him other than CL so I don't really have a voice on the matter, I'm more asking a general question than I am basing my opinion of his second half of the season on observation

Except, we only won the league by 4 points last season. Its not that Alves was even bad, he just wasn't "best RB in the world", which is the point of this yearly 11s. I would definitely take Carvajal over him last season, on achievement alone.

When talking about World 11s, its a bit more than showing up for a handful of games, don't you think? And even by that criteria, the case for Carvajal is that much more cemented

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 am

Who cares guys honestly lol, it doesn't matter tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:17 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Who cares guys honestly lol, it doesn't matter tbh.

I care

Just making conversation more than anything, and maybe his inclusion is the embodiment of the decline of the full back position in its entirety

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:14 am

Luca wrote:
CBarca wrote:Tbf is him playing bad in the league that much of an issue? Juve wrap up the league every season by the second half. I'm not sure Alves ever felt he really needed to turn it up like he did in CL knockouts.

Except, we only won the league by 4 points last season. Its not that Alves was even bad, he just wasn't "best RB in the world", which is the point of this yearly 11s. I would definitely take Carvajal over him last season, on achievement alone.

When talking about World 11s, its a bit more than showing up for a handful of games, don't you think? And even by that criteria, the case for Carvajal is that much more cemented

Maybe it's because Carvajal simply isn't a particularly flashy or interesting player to talk about, but I feel that his performance level since he made his return to Spain have been largely under-appreciated in discussions regarding top fullbacks or top players in general. His contributions have had substantial impact towards our success over the past three seasons. It's no surprise that the more offensive-minded fullbacks get all of the attention, but I know I would pick him over anyone else, with long-term success in mind. The people who voted for Marcelo in Team of the Year, probably didn't take into account that his occasional brilliance going forward is a massive, double-edged sword. I suppose consistency and reliability mean diddly squat when one's watching Marcelo and Ramos' Hollywood highlights on Youtube Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 am

What is this wrapping up by the second half? We won by 4 points. Simple as losing 1 game. We lose 1 of the games against Napoli and we lose the league. Everyone that showed up on every game was key.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 am

Don't pay attention to serie Z tbh, already claimed my ignorance, just wanted to see what you guys thought. I agree with you guys and trust you anyway.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:15 am

Let's call this once and for all

Virgil van Dijk is the worst 80m player out there.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 am

De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there - Page 17 DVsBV9kX0AA55m7
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 am

I love how well this thread has aged. Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 am

Yeah Free Cat really didn't think this one through and should be a serious reminder to not judge a player from a single match to which was his inspiration behind this thread.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:17 am

Probably the worse hot take around here
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:42 am

Top 3 player in the world alongside Messi and Nerman.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:46 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Probably the worse hot take around here

Worse than Free Cat's " Fartra >Umititi " ? hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Casciavit wrote:Top 3 player in the world alongside Messi and Nerman.

Salah's better than Messi and Neymar.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 pm

farfan wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Probably the worse hot take around here

Worse than Free Cat's " Fartra >Umititi " ? hmm

I don't think anything tops "Pedro > Stoichkov".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Firenze wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Top 3 player in the world alongside Messi and Nerman.

Salah's better than Messi and Neymar.

Yeah just like the season Leicester won the league Mahrez had the best PL season in a decade right?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Salah was fantastic last season too.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:08 pm

15 goals in a retirement home isn't what i term fantastic tbh, especially when lads like Quagliarella score 17 lmao.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:09 pm

I thought we were talking based on this season anyway, which is why i replied that to Cas. Because there's no way anyone would say KDB is a top 3 player in the world period. Based on current form, maybe. Same with Salah. Messi's obviously better overall.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Nah i'm just taking the piss because you have a tendency to overreact and overrate players who come from nowhere to have amazing seasons.

See Mahrez tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next