Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

+58
McLewis
nasir6371
The Demon of Carthage
Valkyrja
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
zigra
Sri
danyjr
juve_gigi
titosantill
Luca
LoveSlug
Firenze
Vlad the Impaler
Art Morte
CBarca
Glory
LeBéninois
footyfan01
futbol
rincon
Turok_TTZ
Rebaño Sagrado
farfan
Red Alert
S
Nivash
free_cat
Cruijf
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Lucifer
Lex
forza.milan
B-Mac
Myesyats
urbaNRoots
Thimmy
Bankz
mr-r34
Kaladin
Robespierre
RED
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
chad4401
McAgger
Unique
LeVersacci
RealGunner
halamadrid2
M99
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
62 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 3 Empty Re: Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

Post by M99 Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Pogba who did not achieve anything Laughing

Yeah sure he was only a bit part player of the Juve team that won the double and went to the CL finals last year.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 3 Empty Re: Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:47 pm

M99 wrote:Pogba who did not achieve anything Laughing

Yeah sure he was only a bit part player of the Juve team that won the double and went to the CL finals last year.

There's was no Tevez on the Ballon D'or nominee list, or no Marchisio.

You going to tell me Pogba was more instrumental than those in Juve's titles and performances?
Don't make me laugh.

So yes, while supremely talented, Pogba at this point is a youngster whose hype hugely trumps his actual contributions and achievements.
Don't pretend this isn't obvious and you don't agree.

Correction: I SHOULD have said overyhyped, not overrated though, because I don't want to deny Pogba is a great player.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:08 pm

You did not say anything about the other Juve players. You said
even an overrated youngster like Pogba, who hasn't achieved anything and was nowhere near "the best in Europe" got on the ballon d'or shortlist.

What can be inferred from this post is that Pogba is overrated and was nowhere near the top 20 players in Europe. Why should he make way for Tevez and Marchisio when frauds like Ramos made the shortlist?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Hans... you obviously haven't watched Juve consistently because there's nothing "obvious" at all since, in fact, he was instrumental and Juve's best player for long stretches in the last two title runs.  You know not what you are talking about here.

He was clearly better than Marchisio and Tevez was very average until about December of last season where he really stepped up. Vidal and Pirlo were the two players i rated higher during the last 2 Juve title runs as a whole.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 pm

M99 wrote: Why should he make way for Tevez and Marchisio when frauds like Ramos made the shortlist?

Because clearly Boateng would have to be in there for Ramos.
Pogba's great. He's not top 20 in the world great just yet. Anyone with a clear mind would agree that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 am

sportsczy wrote:Hans... you obviously aren't French because there's nothing "obvious" at all since, in fact, he was instrumental and Juve's best player for long stretches in the last two title runs.  You know not what you are talking about here. And he's French.

He was clearly better than Marchisio and Tevez because they are both not French. Vidal and Pirlo were the only two non French players i rate
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:32 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
M99 wrote: Why should he make way for Tevez and Marchisio when frauds like Ramos made the shortlist?

Because clearly Boateng would have to be in there for Ramos.
Pogba's great. He's not top 20 in the world great just yet. Anyone with a clear mind would agree that.
boateng was raped too hard by messi in CL, thar disqualified him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:50 am

Damn can't believe such a document got leaked.

It has Monaco's bank account info as well.

I wonder if someone lost their job over it getting leaked.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:33 am

Great banter on Pogba. +1 to all. But he is top 30 easy.

The add ons on Martial are very easy and as Hans said, Man U can keep everything in excess 100 or 110 milion, but they still have to share from 60 to 100/110 with AS monaco.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:36 am

The sharing between 60 -100 / 70 -110 is subject to the other incentives not having been activated. (10 mil for 25 MU goals and 10 mil for 25 caps with france). If those incentives aren't activated, the 'profit' share falls away.

Also, if he isn't sold by 2018, or doesn't activate the incentives by 2018, the 'profit' share falls away.

See the last paragraph of 2.5, starts with "For the avoidance of doubt".

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:18 am

sportsczy wrote:Hans... you obviously haven't watched Juve consistently because there's nothing "obvious" at all since, in fact, he was instrumental and Juve's best player for long stretches in the last two title runs.  You know not what you are talking about here.

He was clearly better than Marchisio and Tevez was very average until about December of last season where he really stepped up. Vidal and Pirlo were the two players i rated higher during the last 2 Juve title runs as a whole.

rofl

Absolute bull.

Marchisio was our best midfielder last season without a shadow of a doubt.Vidal was cack last yr until the R16 CL so no comparison.

Absolutely ridiculous to say he was our best player for long stretches because thats just plain wrong.Tevez was owning it week in week out for us.

Heck ,Pogba was largely irrelevant in our CL run in the 2nd half of the season so i dont know what you're on about.

I do agree with Hans that he dint deserve to make the FIFPro World XI and see Hans,this is how i feel with Pep.He's not overrated ofcourse but horribly overhyped just like Pogba is atm.It was a big joke that Pep made the podium as well.
These days the players who actually contribute more to the team's cause get barely recognized than those who appear in 10-20 commercials,do fancy celebrations and increase their popularity quotient as a result.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:35 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Because clearly Bonucci would have to be in there for Ramos.

Agreed.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 am

S wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Hans... you obviously haven't watched Juve consistently because there's nothing "obvious" at all since, in fact, he was instrumental and Juve's best player for long stretches in the last two title runs.  You know not what you are talking about here.

rofl

Absolute bull.

Marchisio was our best midfielder last season without a shadow of a doubt.Vidal was cack last yr until the R16 CL so no comparison.

Absolutely ridiculous to say he was our best player for long stretches because thats just plain wrong.Tevez was owning it week in week out for us.

Heck ,Pogba was largely irrelevant in our CL run in the 2nd half of the season so i dont know what you're on about.

I do agree with Hans that he dint deserve to make the FIFPro World XI and see Hans,this is how i feel with Pep.He's not overrated ofcourse but horribly overhyped just like Pogba is atm.It was a big joke that Pep made the podium as well.
These days the players who actually contribute more to the team's cause get barely recognized than those who appear in 10-20 commercials,do fancy celebrations and increase their popularity quotient as a result.

Wrong.

Pogba is superior mainly due to the fact that Marchisio is Italian, and not French.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:43 am

Fair enough S, but I can GUARANTEE you if Pep was the coach of your team, which you follow game after game, you wouldn't think Pep was overrated. You'd think his contributions were incredible and couldn't be rated highly enough.
The consistency of performance we've had under him was a sight to see. The was we played alone suffices to make him a fantastic coach. On top of that he was successful too.

I don't care what the rest thinks, but the fact is for anyone who's really paying attention, leaving hype, banter, expectations, etc, aside, there's no other conclusion than he's an unique coaching talent. Sure, he's got his flaws too, not all of them insignificant.
But if we start bitching about coaches who perform and work like Pep does, we don't have anyone left we can not bitch about.
And I'd rather appreciate people.
Incredible coach, period, nothing more to add really.

As for comparing Pogba-hype and Pep-hype, sorry but if you think about it it's not an acceptable comparison at all.
That being said I'm actually a fan of Pogba too, fantastic player.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:24 pm

https://streamable.com/ge3k

What a counter . :bow:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 pm

https://streamable.com/g6ic

goat first touch pass for the 3rd goal

what a player we have Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:31 pm

My eyes burn at all the hoofs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:55 am

Stoke defending is truly outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:39 am

^i read that in Taric's voice lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed May 11, 2016 5:15 am

New R9.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 11, 2016 5:22 am

https://2img.net/u/3313/22/97/24/avatars/766-76.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 5:32 am

Honestly, I didn't think he'd be like this right away... you have to realize it's his first season as a regular starter. He has played 4459 mins this season in 54 games. Last year, he played 2556 mins in 48 games with 1/3 of those as a sub.

He's average 83 mins in the 54 games for Man U. At Monaco, he averaged 53 mins in the 48 games.

I just didn't think he'd finish this strong with all these mins for the first time in a tough league... while playing out of position no less lol. He's a CF. If you include the couple of games he had with Monaco to start the season... he has 18 goals and 9 assists with 17/8 coming for Man U. For a winger, that's pretty great especially when you consider the pathetic attacking scheme by LVG.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 11, 2016 5:46 am

I would not call him a CF just yet, i dont think he knows how to play the position. He plays left forward with a lot of freedom and it's working well for him. But he is not a Central Forward
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 5:55 am

He's been a CF his whole life Nick.  The only times he's dezoned were when teams set up in a 442, which Monaco did with Berbatov there.  But when Berbatov left/was injured/got benched, he was the striker on top which is his natural position.  He finished last season and the start of the this one as Monaco's main CF.  They were counting on him to carry the scoring before the left. Big reason Lyon sold him too because they had Lacazette and Benzia for the CF role and didn't need another (big mistake).

LVG is the only manager that has asked him to play so wide and really track back like a winger.

It has served him well though because that's the position that France NT needed badly.  But now that Benzema is out, it's a shame.  He should be the CF for France.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 11, 2016 6:07 am

You were criticizing him that he doesnt score when he was in Monaco and just joining Man Yoo. He might have grown playing centrally in youth, but so did Alaba playing CM and now he is a left back/left center back...

His movements off the ball are pretty bad, his runs are non existent. He becomes fantastic when he gets touches and Van Gaal cleverly put him in a position of strength on the right.

As he is right now, he is NOT a CF, he is a left forward. I cant guess that he would be a prolific CF, he has to show it first. But he is having success on the left, not centrally.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 6:12 am

You must have me confused with someone else.  I wasn't criticizing him for not scoring at Monaco... in fact, I've been calling out Martial's talent for 3 years now Laughing  Granted, I thought Martial and Thauvin were going to be the next big things with Rabiot.  Thauvin hasn't panned out.  But the other two have.

He is MOST DEFINITELY a CF though.  That's how Monaco viewed him... which is why they played a 442 to make sure he was on the pitch as a striker even with Berbatov.

Lemar of Monaco is another one that's going to break out next season or the one after.  Nkoudou too but I think OM will ruin him unfortunately.  Everyone knows Dembele so not worth mentioning.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next