Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

+58
McLewis
nasir6371
The Demon of Carthage
Valkyrja
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
zigra
Sri
danyjr
juve_gigi
titosantill
Luca
LoveSlug
Firenze
Vlad the Impaler
Art Morte
CBarca
Glory
LeBéninois
footyfan01
futbol
rincon
Turok_TTZ
Rebaño Sagrado
farfan
Red Alert
S
Nivash
free_cat
Cruijf
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Lucifer
Lex
forza.milan
B-Mac
Myesyats
urbaNRoots
Thimmy
Bankz
mr-r34
Kaladin
Robespierre
RED
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
chad4401
McAgger
Unique
LeVersacci
RealGunner
halamadrid2
M99
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
62 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 10 Empty Re: Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Kaladin wrote:Talent half as good as Martial?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/17/64/32/82/donna10.png

Our talents are better than the best players in your club you deluded cuck rofl

PL XI wouldn't even finish top 10 in Serie A lmao

tfw a Serie A certified manager walks the PL Molenation

tfw PL hasn't done anything relevant in CL since 2012 Molenation

tfw your best player was made in Serie A Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 10 E25b159cac3f7cf98140a6fc4fe0a893

Dont ever @ me again, and keep disable the push notifications on Huddersfield next time

But are you aware that those stats mean absolutely nothing if you want to compare De Gea with Donnarumma? GK's from smaller teams tend to have more saves because their teams concede more shots on target. Anyway, Donnarumma is great, he'll probably end up at Juve. Smile

By that logic, Donnarumma>De Gea since 'small teams' face more shots, yet he has less goals conceded than De Gea, where he is in a 'big team' and faces 'big shots'/'more shots' or whatever you wanna call it

United fans flee and hide in their crevices everytime i bring Donna v DDG debate, my lad is doing at 17, what your lad is doing at 27, this is DDG's peak mate, no wonder Madrid avoided him lol and opted for Kiko effing Casilla Laughing

Another product of United's hype team, was DDG ever as good as he was touted? Among the world's best? (Not that Donna is, before Mehlotrance jumps the gun here).

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 10 Empty Re: Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

Post by Doc Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Maybe we should try to define what a generational talent is first because Pato was very good but I would have never think of him as "generational" in any aspect. Martial is just a talented footballer, nothing more and nothing less. No idea why anyone would think that highly of him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Donnarumma is a literal nobody right now, bring him up when he's done something noteworthy. He isn't in the top 20 debate let alone top 1 like DDG is. DDG is the best because he pulls off saves no other keeper can and makes one error every 2-3 years on average. Nobody currently playing even comes close to his level besides a prime Neuer and prime Buffon.  Take ya bait elsewhere.

And AFAIK nobody was calling Martial a generational talent lmao. He could have a high ceiling but even then he won't be generational. We're just shitting on the notion that Pato was one such generational talent.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

How and why is this useless thread being bumped?

A B level team wasting €90M on a B level player and now there's discussion about how he degraded to C level ?

Color me surprised

Typical of a young French talent after he gets some early success. This is why I don't overrate French players like some others since this has become a growing trend.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm

As opposed to young Italian players for the world beating national team...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 pm

S got destroyed there, constantly see him hyping young Italian players and being biased for everything Italy

Oh wait

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 pm

He actually has Luca...  from Immobile to Berardi to Belotti...  and my favorite, the 25 year old top CB prospect who was going to make Juventus fans forget Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci...  the great Ogbonna.  Nick had a field day with the last one lol.

France has one of the best NTs with the world... and one of the youngest.  I think that 4 of the biggest transfers are French kids in  the past 3 years (Martial, Pogba, Dembele and Mbappe).  They won't all pan out.  But they don't need to.  We have so many top prospects that we will literally be great if only half of them reach near their potential.

To say that we shouldn't overrate french players is like saying we shouldn't overrate young german, argentinian, brazilian or spanish players. Because really, these 5 countries are by far the biggest talent factories. You overhype because they develop so many great players. If you were going to make a bet, you would pick kids from one of these countries to become WC. Just the odds.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 pm

My bad then, haven't seen S hype players lately but that somewhat makes sense since most of those players would've been from some time ago.

Thanks for reminding me of Ogbonna, what a player. He was actually rated at Torino, which was about his level in hindsight

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 pm

rincon wrote:Lets get back on topic.

Who is gonna rescue Martial from United? Inter? Bayern?

I for one would absolutely LOVE to get Martial. Nevermind all the usual BS posting in this thread, he is a fantastic young player.
Problem is, not even Woody and Mou are stupid enough to push him out, and he's still a superexpensive asset.

We'll get Sandro Wagner, the Bayern academy's poverty Diego Costa, back from Hoffenheim instead ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:52 pm

He's a numpty. He may hate Mourinho..I can't blame him. BUT.

He's incredibly unprofessional and has been given chance after chance and has only delivered in flashes.

I think he has an incredible amount of talent but I also think his attitude and work ethic will plague him no matter where he goes, it wouldn't surprise me to see him become another Jese type.

I want him gone now, seems all but certain. I hope it works out for him wherever he goes. Unless it's Juve, Milan, Madrid or any other team with posters on this forum who wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

I think we'll sell him for 40-50m tbh

we should do that and sign his Mahgrebi clone Fekir
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:36 pm

That last sentence is racist dude. What's wrong with you.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:39 pm

If a kid gets born, the player should be allowed to be there for it. I recognize that United don't have to let him go, but even if they aren't getting on with the player, common courtesy is important in these contexts.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:44 pm

the issue isn't even that... many players who don't get a chance to play are forced to strong arm clubs into selling them. When you get towards the end of transfer windows and the club is basically screwing you, it's your only recourse.

As examples, Bale was forced to do it with the Spurs, Mahrez did it with Leicester (he was playing too; and they didn't sell) and Dembele with Dortmund.

Clubs don't have the best interest of players. So I don't blame players for forcing the issue when it reaches a certain point... Mourinho and Man U have gone beyond that point with Martial.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:34 pm

I don't think the issue is Martial flying to assist to the birth of his son, it's the somewhat prolonged vacation he took away from his job. That's why he deserved to be sanctioned because we now understand that he is purposely staying away to force a move.

Lovely talent but as Firenze said, so many red flags, so many issues with attitude and talent. From van gaal to mou he did not really improve. But both can be terrible man managers though
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:That last sentence is racist dude.  What's wrong with you.

w0t

well if it offended, that wasn't my intent

I see them players of similar sort of profiles with similar sort of market value and Fekir is French-Algerian hmm

he's who I'd like to sign if we sold Martial..but there's been 0 interest from us for him apparently
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Isn't Maghreb just the name of a region in Africa?

Also, I actually get what Sports is saying. Sometimes you need to be extreme to get your employer to notice but Martial isn't exactly the epitome of professionalism since he's been there. His attitude really needs to change when he moves on.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Yeah maghreb usually refers to countries above the Sahara desert: Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:31 pm

I thought Fekir was Algerian, isn't it fine to say Maghrebi? @Fennec_Fox
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:06 pm

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Manchester-united-le-message-d-anthony-martial-a-jose-mourinho/927374

The mother of Martial's kid was ill after birth and he stayed because she was apparently in danger.  Here's his message.

Thank you for all your messages.  My little Swan is doing well.  It was more difficult for the mom but, thanks to god, she's now doing better.  Sorry but my family will always come first... returning to Manchester tomorrow.

Shame on you Mourinho
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 pm

it all depends..if Martial communicated this through the proper channels, then yes, shame on Mourinho. Wouldn't surprise me if he just went AWOL. We'll see, if he did notify Mourinho I hope Mou gets shit for it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Firenze wrote:it all depends..if Martial communicated this through the proper channels, then yes, shame on Mourinho. Wouldn't surprise me if he just went AWOL. We'll see, if he did notify Mourinho I hope Mou gets shit for it.

Who would you want as your next coach ideally ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 pm

As much as I dislike mourinho, it's the club that fined him and not the manager.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 pm

S wrote:
Firenze wrote:it all depends..if Martial communicated this through the proper channels, then yes, shame on Mourinho. Wouldn't surprise me if he just went AWOL. We'll see, if he did notify Mourinho I hope Mou gets shit for it.

Who would you want as your next coach ideally ?

Very hard to say, I don't think there's an elite coach available right now and none that really standout.

As much as I've laughed at him for winning nothing in his career, I'd take a punt on Poch, maybe Allegri. People that are more than capable of parking up and indeed aren't scared to do just that but who are more adventurous at times too. I'd probably prefer someone the complete opposite, but I mean who is realistically available?

even the mighty Madrid are having to bring in the likes of Numptegui from random Spanish supermarkets. All the good managers are tied down. Even me mentioning Poch or Allegri simply isn't realistic, they're both tied down with contracts afaik. I'm fully prepared for another 2 seasons of total Mouball tbh.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 10 388968

He's back

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Why does he look so sinister
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next