Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

+58
McLewis
nasir6371
The Demon of Carthage
Valkyrja
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
zigra
Sri
danyjr
juve_gigi
titosantill
Luca
LoveSlug
Firenze
Vlad the Impaler
Art Morte
CBarca
Glory
LeBéninois
footyfan01
futbol
rincon
Turok_TTZ
Rebaño Sagrado
farfan
Red Alert
S
Nivash
free_cat
Cruijf
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Lucifer
Lex
forza.milan
B-Mac
Myesyats
urbaNRoots
Thimmy
Bankz
mr-r34
Kaladin
Robespierre
RED
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
chad4401
McAgger
Unique
LeVersacci
RealGunner
halamadrid2
M99
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
62 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 4 Empty Re: Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 6:12 am

You must have me confused with someone else.  I wasn't criticizing him for not scoring at Monaco... in fact, I've been calling out Martial's talent for 3 years now Laughing  Granted, I thought Martial and Thauvin were going to be the next big things with Rabiot.  Thauvin hasn't panned out.  But the other two have.

He is MOST DEFINITELY a CF though.  That's how Monaco viewed him... which is why they played a 442 to make sure he was on the pitch as a striker even with Berbatov.

Lemar of Monaco is another one that's going to break out next season or the one after.  Nkoudou too but I think OM will ruin him unfortunately.  Everyone knows Dembele so not worth mentioning.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 4 Empty Re: Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 11, 2016 6:34 am

Martial is a talent I cannot help but admire. A successor to Benzema finally found. a shame he is at manchester united and being played as a winger. I don't think Real Madrid can prise this one away from Manutd. lucky punks.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 11, 2016 9:33 am

What is the secret behind this freakishly talented crop of players in France? GOAT youth academies I guess.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 11, 2016 10:04 am

Generational cycles I guess. It goes up and down with every country.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 11, 2016 12:44 pm

17 goals and 10 assists so far playing for an LVG poverty attacking system is nothing short of extraordinary. Then factor in that he's 20 y/o, playing his first season in the PL, having to carry senior outfield players on his back...is nothing short of amazing.

He's been the one bright spot in this turd of a season. Quite frankly, he's too good for us, and I wouldn't blame him if he decides to go and play for a CL elite team. That's what his talent deserves.

France are very lucky atm.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Straight Neymar swap?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 11, 2016 1:15 pm

futbol wrote:Straight Neymar swap?

Do you want Neymar to leave Barca?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 11, 2016 1:38 pm

RED wrote:17 goals and 10 assists so far playing for an LVG poverty attacking system is nothing short of extraordinary. Then factor in that he's 20 y/o, playing his first season in the PL, having to carry senior outfield players on his back...is nothing short of amazing.

He's been the one bright spot in this turd of a season. Quite frankly, he's too good for us, and I wouldn't blame him if he decides to go and play for a CL elite team. That's what his talent deserves.

Stop it ffs.
It's getting too much even for a passionate anti-United guy like me. Sad

Also on RedCafé, these self-chastizing, depressing posts are getting too much. Sad
"This club does not deserve Martial/DeGea, watch another target go to the efficiently run Bayern, what a club, no wonder, who would want to jin a shit club like United etc pp"

I can't take it anymore.
Get a grip ffs, you'll bounce back sooner or later, yes you're having relatively bad times.

No need to insult yourselves constantly No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 1:51 pm

What's this talk of Martial deserving better than Manchester ?

A mid table club where he's guaranteed to start is exactly what a youngster needs in order to continue his development before moving on to bigger and better things with elite clubs .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RED wrote:17 goals and 10 assists so far playing for an LVG poverty attacking system is nothing short of extraordinary. Then factor in that he's 20 y/o, playing his first season in the PL, having to carry senior outfield players on his back...is nothing short of amazing.

Stop it ffs.
It's getting too much even for a passionate anti-United guy like me. Sad

Also on RedCafé, these self-chastizing, depressing posts are getting too much. Sad
"This club does not deserve Martial/DeGea, watch another target go to the efficiently run Bayern, what a club, no wonder, who would want to jin a shit club like United etc pp"

I can't take it anymore.
Get a grip ffs, you'll bounce back sooner or later, yes you're having relatively bad times.

No need to insult yourselves constantly No

Yeah, you're right tbh. But seeing these 2 players trying their best to dig us out of trouble, only to be let down by their team mates on a constant basis has resulted in many of us feeling like this.

Plus seeing a lame duck manager in charge has brought on this apathy.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 11, 2016 2:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:You must have me confused with someone else.  I wasn't criticizing him for not scoring at Monaco... in fact, I've been calling out Martial's talent for 3 years now Laughing  Granted, I thought Martial and Thauvin were going to be the next big things with Rabiot.  Thauvin hasn't panned out.  But the other two have.

He is MOST DEFINITELY a CF though.  That's how Monaco viewed him... which is why they played a 442 to make sure he was on the pitch as a striker even with Berbatov.

Lemar of Monaco is another one that's going to break out next season or the one after.  Nkoudou too but I think OM will ruin him unfortunately.  Everyone knows Dembele so not worth mentioning.
dont get me wrong, you always said he was talented, but you also guarded against the fact that he wasnt a prolific scorer.

anyhow, my point is, he is playing wide now. CF literally means central forward, as in playing a central position. And Martial certainly does not play in a central position, he plays wide. So while he is having success and scoring goals, let's be careful here not to call him a CF because he is not playing like Higuain...

DOes he have the training and quality to play as a CF, sure, but that's not where he is being good so far.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 11, 2016 2:51 pm

farfan wrote:What's this talk of Martial deserving better than Manchester ?

A mid table club where he's guaranteed to start is exactly what a youngster needs in order to continue his development before moving on to bigger and better things with elite clubs .

I think deserving better than Van Gaal is more apt tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
farfan wrote:What's this talk of Martial deserving better than Manchester ?

I think deserving better than Van Gaal is more apt tbh Laughing

Meh. Van Gaal is playing him every game. It certainly won't do Martial any good when José comes in and benches him for Ibrahimovic.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 11, 2016 3:15 pm

Martial-Ibra-some jobber

hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 11, 2016 6:28 pm

M99 wrote:He was not called the next Henry for no reason.

So, how's Depay been doing? Erm.. I mean, the next Cristiano Ronaldo tongue
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 14, 2016 3:41 pm

@Nick... He actually plays winger like a CF. His crosses aren't very good. But he gets the ball and takes a straight line towards goal, defender or no defender be damned. That's a scorer's instinct. He's not very comfortable taking long distance shots neither tbh. His stick is close control and create room in very close quarters.

I think the winger thing has done him a lot of good because he's learned to use his speed a lot more as opposed to working in close quarters. Playing defense for the first time in his life too. I just think LVG has him playing too wide. It's ok to be on the wing... but he has too much to do once he gets the ball before he gets into a scoring position. He either needs to dribble 2-3 guys or do 2-3 consecutive linkups to get into scoring position. I'd let him shade closer to the box.

Of course, having Rojo as the LB, it's a big problem too Laughing That guy is terrible.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat May 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Maybe having Shaw giving width would be better but the problem is United don't have wide players of quality. Otherwise Martial would probably bench Rooney at ST.

If United had the likes of Griezmann, Mane etc you can play Martial there, now you move Martial to ST, you are stuck with Depay & Lingaard.

United are sleeping in money, the need to invest 200M pounds this summer - 1 Top CB, 1 Top CM, 2 Elite Wingers & you're set

Martial
Griezmann Mata Mane
Pjanic Schneiderlein
Shaw Stones Smalling Valencia
De Gea

Bench - Blind, Darmian, Fosu Mensah Herrera, Rooney, Rashford.

You can have Blind, who is very good as a stop-gap in many positions, experiences guys like Rooney or a young a Rashford coming in. That is a reasonable team.

Transfer Budget -

Griezmann - 80M Euros
Mane - 60M Euros
Pjanic - 40M Euros
Stones - 60M Euros
-------------------------------
Total - 240M Euros - Around 180M pounds

Defence - Shawn, Rojo, Blind, Jones, Stones, Smalling, Valencia, Darmian, Varela, Borthwick Johnson

Midfield - Schneider, Mata, Herrera, Schweni, Pjanic, Fellaini (Blind as back-up DM), Fosu Mensah

Attack - Martial, Griezmann, Mane, Rashford, Lingaard, Rooney, Young

Out -
Schweni
Paddy Mcnair
Depay
Carrick

( 4 guys in, 4 out)

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat May 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Mane :bow: Hope he comes in and replace Ronaldo's heir Depay.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 14, 2016 8:10 pm

lmao STONES rofl

60m. I hope United do that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat May 14, 2016 8:44 pm

footyfan01 wrote:Maybe having Shaw giving width would be better but the problem is United don't have wide players of quality. Otherwise Martial would probably bench Rooney at ST.

If United had the likes of Griezmann,  Mane etc you can play Martial there, now you move Martial to ST, you are stuck with Depay & Lingaard.

United are sleeping in money, the need to invest 200M pounds this summer - 1 Top CB, 1 Top CM, 2 Elite Wingers & you're set

Martial
      Griezmann     Mata     Mane
             Pjanic Schneiderlein
Shaw  Stones Smalling Valencia
                     De Gea

You can have Blind, who is very good as a stop-gap in many positions, experiences guys like Rooney or a young a Rashford coming in. That is a reasonable team.

Transfer Budget -

Griezmann - 80M Euros
Mane - 60M Euros
Pjanic - 40M Euros
Stones - 60M Euros

Defence - Shawn, Rojo, Blind, Jones, Stones, Smalling, Valencia, Darmian, Varela, Borthwick Johnson

Midfield - Schneider, Mata, Herrera, Schweni, Pjanic, Fellaini (Blind as back-up DM), Fosu Mensah

Out -
Schweni
Paddy Mcnair
Depay
Carrick

( 4 guys in, 4 out)

Appreciate you posting this mate. But I have to disagree on the players you have mentioned we should be going for. Well at least 3 of them.

First of all theres no way without CL we will be luring Griezmann. Know he is a United fan and all and has a buyout clause in his contract. Still the quality between his current team and our team is too much right now. They are on the verge of lifting the CL, we are not even in CL. So even for a fanboy, it will be hard to make a decision like that.
So count Griezmann out.

Mane could happen. Can actually see it happening as well. But I dont think he is elite level or the level that can take us to the next level. Either way 60 mil will be far too much money for a player like Mane, so i am against that idea. But the fact that there wont be any other 'proven' wingers apart from Mane who is decent also has gotten the case in favor of him.

Then theres Stones, who is well shit. Dont want to delve into that further. We have a potentially better player in Phil Jones in our team. Only problem is that he is a crock. But then paying 50 mil for basically a no crock version of Jones, well that will be ridiculous.

Pjanic I wont mind.

So provided LvG was not the manager, i would go for (realistically)

martial-ibra*/rashford-Sane*
Tielemans*-Herrera/Blind
Schnederlin
Shaw-Smalling-?(no idea)-Fosu Mensah
ddg

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat May 14, 2016 11:31 pm

"Pjanic I won't mind"

brah pls he would walk into our midfield and stay there lol
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 15, 2016 2:33 am

Glory wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:Maybe having Shaw giving width would be better but the problem is United don't have wide players of quality. Otherwise Martial would probably bench Rooney at ST.

If United had the likes of Griezmann,  Mane etc you can play Martial there, now you move Martial to ST, you are stuck with Depay & Lingaard.

Martial
      Griezmann     Mata     Mane
             Pjanic Schneiderlein
Shaw  Stones Smalling Valencia
                     De Gea

Transfer Budget -

Griezmann - 80M Euros
Mane - 60M Euros
Pjanic - 40M Euros
Stones - 60M Euros

Out -
Schweni
Paddy Mcnair
Depay
Carrick

( 4 guys in, 4 out)

Appreciate you posting this mate. But I have to disagree on the players you have mentioned we should be going for. Well at least 3 of them.

First of all theres no way without CL we will be luring Griezmann. Know he is a United fan and all and has a buyout clause in his contract. Still the quality between his current team and our team is too much right now. They are on the verge of lifting the CL, we are not even in CL. So even for a fanboy, it will be hard to make a decision like that.
So count Griezmann out.

Mane could happen. Can actually see it happening as well. But I dont think he is elite level or the level that can take us to the next level. Either way 60 mil will be far too much money for a player like Mane, so i am against that idea. But the fact that there wont be any other 'proven' wingers apart from Mane who is decent also has gotten the case in favor of him.

Then theres Stones, who is well shit. Dont want to delve into that further. We have a potentially better player in Phil Jones in our team. Only problem is that he is a crock. But then paying 50 mil for basically a no crock version of Jones, well that will be ridiculous.

Pjanic I wont mind.

So provided LvG was not the manager, i would go for (realistically)

martial-ibra*/rashford-Sane*
Tielemans*-Herrera/Blind
Schnederlin
Shaw-Smalling-?(no idea)-Fosu Mensah
ddg
its a shame jones has his injury problems. he is a very good player when fit imo. I would like to know how many games he has played for you. wiki say its 104 games in 5 years.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 15, 2016 5:39 am

People turning on Stones after this season. I've always said Stones is not good enough for Barca, especially not now or within the next couple years. I agree there, and I thought the prices thrown around for him last summer were ridiculous. But to call him shit is not right IMO, he's clearly quite talented.

Hopefully Everton can bring in a manager who has more of a clue defensively and Stones won't suffer as much. Anyone who watched Everton could see that while Stones wasn't covering himself in glory, he was massively exposed and it's difficult for anyone to do well like that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 15, 2016 6:58 am

B-Mac wrote:"Pjanic I won't mind"

brah pls he would walk into our midfield and stay there lol

Before LVG makes him into a holding mid.

I still can't believe I saw Mata play the false 9 a couple of times this season Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 15, 2016 7:14 am

Actually Mata's goalscoring instincts are one of the better sides of his game. But obviously United need a good striker this summer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 15, 2016 7:27 am

That was right up there with LVG playing Ribery as a false 9 when he was at Bayern...  goalscoring instinct for a winger/am and being a striker are two entirely different things.  Neither Ribery nor Mata knew what they were doing.  Ribery eventually told LVG to shove it Laughing  Mata is too polite for that  :coffee:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next