LeBéninois
titosantill
sportsczy
Dnmac4
Harmonica
23 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Messi vs Zidane at the highest level of int football - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane at the highest level of int football

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:40 pm

zizzle wrote:You know that stats can only take you so far when it's used to compare a proven winner to a proven flop.

Who's the proven flop ? Messi ? I can't believe you are serious.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane at the highest level of int football - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane at the highest level of int football

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Doc wrote:Comparing Zidane and Messi international career can be best summed up in a nice and neat way:
Zidane won a WC and a Euro
Messi won an under 20 youth tournament and an Olympic medal.

Of course, you are more than welcome to fill in the blanks with their goals, assists, importance, wide assists but all that would just lead you to the above statements.

THIS

Only an idiot would claim Messi has had a better International career than Zidane.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Great, now comes the zero value mods with zero arguments insulting posters. Rolling Eyes

There's still zero arguments in this thread for Zidane's NT-career compared to Messi's.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Goals - Chances Created - Dribbles - Tackles - WC14

4 - 23 - 46 - 9 - Messi
1 - 10 - 25 - 7 - Di Maria

Goals - Chances Created - Dribbles - Tackles - WC06

3 - 12 - 20 - 1 - Henry
3 - 12 - 15 - 4 - Zidane

Goals - Chances Created - Dribbles - Tackles - WC98

2 - 7 - 18 - 19 - Thuram
2 - 18 - 12 -  5 - Zidane

Same story in WC98.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:44 pm

In 2006, sure. We had Malouda and Ribery with Henry to help a 34 year old zidane. 1998 and 2000? Nothing. Guivarc'h and Dugarry were our strikers lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:00 pm

goal scorers in KO stages for France in 1998 :
vs Paraguay : Blanc in extra time.
vs Italy : 0-0
vs Croatia : Thuram
final : Zidane and Petit .
the only offensive players to score from open play were Trezeguet and Henry in the group stage , both left out of the starting 11 in favor of more " experienced " players .
there is no way Aguero was worse than Guivarch in 98 or Ducrappy in 2000 .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:In 2006, sure.  We had Malouda and Ribery with Henry to help a 34 year old zidane.  1998 and 2000?  Nothing.  Guivarc'h and Dugarry were our strikers lol.
 Laughing

Goals - Chances Created - Dribbles - Tackles - WC14

4 - 23 - 46 - 9 - Messi
1 - 10 - 25 - 7 - Di Maria

Goals - Chances Created - Dribbles - Tackles - WC06

3 - 12 - 20 - 1 - Henry
3 - 12 - 15 - 4 - Zidane

Goals - Chances Created - Dribbles - Tackles - WC98

2 - 7 - 18 - 19 - Thuram
2 - 18 - 12 -  5 - Zidane

Same story in WC98.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Harmonica... You realize everyone ridicules you and your sourceless stats, right? It's getting shameful now. Even Barca fans turned on you YEARS ago. Do you ever get a clue?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:Harmonica...  You realize everyone ridicules you and your sourceless stats, right?  It's getting shameful now.  Even Barca fans turned on you YEARS ago.  Do you ever get a clue?
Umm, they are stats recorder by OPTA, and the actual source is the actual matches amazingly.

You should know by now that even if you were my brother, I would always call your bullshit out. Because I can't stand ignorance. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:In 2006, sure. We had Malouda and Ribery with Henry to help a 34 year old zidane. 1998 and 2000? Nothing. Guivarc'h and Dugarry were our strikers lol.

France 98 and France 06 were a better team than Argentina 14-15. Are we really going to argue over that ? Anyways Germany wins that final 8 out of 10 times . Only Messi individual brillance could have made Argentina won and he almost did that with that only real occasion he got.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Harmonica wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Harmonica...  You realize everyone ridicules you and your sourceless stats, right?  It's getting shameful now.  Even Barca fans turned on you YEARS ago.  Do you ever get a clue?
Umm, they are stats recorder by OPTA, and the actual source is the actual matches amazingly.

You should know by now that even if you were my brother, I would always call your bullshit out. Because I can't stand ignorance. Laughing

Just slack it a little bit with the stats.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:41 pm

I don't think anyone realizes how good Argentina NT is right now. The probably have the best attack in the world right now. But it's never Messi's fault when they lose. It's always the manager or player(s) X. But when they win, Messi's the best player in the universe. Foolishness.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:48 pm

How's it Messi's fault that Aguero & Higuain are perennial bottlers?

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Gil wrote:How's it Messi's fault that Aguero & Higuain are perennial bottlers?

Nobody expected anything from that scrubs. They wanted dat Messi moment, but he didn't deliver.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:43 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Just slack it a little bit with the stats.

https://i.imgur.com/kYXeaZi.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:00 am

and how do we know you are using opta? prove it. its that simple

also using tackles to display superiority of a player. jesus christ save me from this stupidity. i think we should compare xavi to de jong in 2010. hey guys, de jong had more tackles. he was a way more dominang player!!
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:08 am

I read the title, and then I took a brief glance at the OP and saw that it included the word "involved". I immediately scrolled down and clicked "post reply" so that I don't have to see that abomination and now I'm typing this. After I post this I'm going to close my internet browser and pretend I never saw this.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:23 am

Pippo wrote:I read the title, and then I took a brief glance at the OP and saw that it included the word "involved". I immediately scrolled down and clicked "post reply" so that I don't have to see that abomination and now I'm typing this. After I post this I'm going to close my internet browser and pretend I never saw this.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:24 am

Harmonica wrote:The defense only worked because of the offence, every team bunkers against Argentina because of the offense. Every team adjusts it's tactic against Messi, they have to mark him with couple players, which is straight out of fluid buildup play.

I don't disagree with any of these points. Even though we were hyper defensive a ton of teams parked against us.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:11 am

That's no different than every other great player.... Zidane was man covered by Ze Roberto against Brazil in 2006 for example and he was always man covered when on NT because France played with two DMs and him as the only true creative force there. It was dumb not to man mark him or try to.

If you go to youtube and watch that Brazil game, watch where he was picked up to start the game.... in his own half right in front of the defense. After he burned the man marking by dribbling past them, they got scared and dropped off a little. Didn't work either Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:16 am

Is there a game in elimination rounds against an elite NT team where Messi just transcended everything? I don't remember one. I think that's where the separation is made on NT level... Messi hasn't had an iconic moment in a massive game against a massive opponent yet with NT while Zidane had several in his career.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:56 am

Wouldn't have this convo is messi chose yo play for Spain :coffee:
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:10 am

Am i the only one who just scrolls over those random stats everytime? I mean, i can't even bear for a moment to comprehend such meaningless crap each and every time/post. Thank God, messi didnt play in the Ronaldo/zidane era. They would have completely destroyed him at intl level and that would have seriously affected his legacy and reduced his and cr7's balon d'or awards to just one each even whilst having lesser stats. I consider Ronaldo, Zidane and Dinho as bigger talents too. My gahd, those guys oozed greatness all over their urine (especially pre injury ronaldo). Btw, are we trying to pretend argentina doesnt have a wc squad?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:40 am

I'm trying to understand how you ooze greatness all over your urine... that must be a direct translation from a saying in another language to English Laughing My father used to do stuff like this all the time... Farsi has some of the greatest curses in the world Laughing Impossible to properly translate.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:52 am

My memory really is faulty because I can't remember Dugarry being as awful as Sports and Farfan are implying.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:18 am

He scored 8 goals in 55 caps for France....  for a CF.  People made fun of Dugarry in France because the rumor was that he only made the team because he was one of ZIdane's best friends.  Guivarc'h, the other starting CF during the 1998-2000 period, had 1 goal in 14 caps.  He made the team during the 1997 year, became a started in 1998 and was gone for good in 1999 lol.

Really too bad Anelka was such an idiot.  They actually wanted to start him in 1999 after his breakout season but he made everyone mad on NT pretty quickly looool.  Got 10 caps and 2 goals though but the job could have been his.  Got a double in a friendly against England in that period and that was it.

So the 3 main CFs from 1997 until 2000 had a total of 79 caps and scored a grand total of 11 goals looooooooooool.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next