Raptorgunner
El Gunner
Sri
Arsenalfaithfull
RealGunner
24 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16] - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Couldn't have said any better

Our biggest problem came from the pivot/2 CMs today. Slow to build attacks and when we did, it was disjointed.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16] - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Now that we've fallen back to earth can we please sign a CF and DM?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:22 pm

No need to panic too much, though. We've only won one of our last six opening day games - clearly nerves/pressure get to the team (which makes you wonder why Wenger doesn't do enough to dispel those nerves but that's a discussion for another time).

15/16: Lost to West Ham at home
14/15: Just about beat Palace at home
13/14: Lost to Villa at home
12/13: Drew with Sunderland at home
11/12: Drew with Newcastle away
10/11: Drew with Liverpool away

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Think most people are disappointed at the fact that we were supposed to be the title challengers and hence people thought it's going to be a season with 1-2 defeats at best Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:56 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Now that we've fallen back to earth can we please sign a CF and DM?

Whats the point signing a CF and DM? when we have a Wenger. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:58 pm

EL Patron wrote: I have a feeling Arsene will struggle to find his best team like last year and it will be too late when he does.

RG should just email him to remind him this season's team is the same as last season hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:00 pm

He stopped reading my emails after I sent him a 32 pages indepth analysis on the benefits of having Fekir, Goetze, Ozil, Wilshere, Alexis and Oxlade in the same midfield.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Well said, Patron. Ramsey and Coquelin don't play well together. Coquelin lost the simple formula that made him undroppable with Ramsey partnering him as both failed to keep the rest of the team in rhythm like Santi does.

No clue why we screwed with a winning formula.

But, this is a pattern and it's not reflective of what the rest of the season will be like as long as we pull our fingers out right now.

More concerned with Jay's new piss-covered shirt than how we'll fare atm IMO. hmm
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:06 pm

His nephew seems to be quite a psychic tbh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:11 pm

Read a good tweet that it was quite embarrassing that we had to bring on Sanchez at all.

Also lmao at putting Oxlade at RB later on. We should have put Ramsey at RM and Oxlade A LOT more forward since he was the only one with spark.

Keep remembering these little things which pisses me off even more
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:15 pm

How could Wenger not learn anything from the last 2 seasons? How can he do the same mistakes twice and not he able to see what he is doing is wrong? Our summer efforts with only Cech were seriously piss taking. *bleep* added Costa/Fabregas/Courtois to win the league but Wenger seriously thought we were one GK away from the PL last season. LMAO

No excuses for him, I expect Klopp next season if we doesn't win the league.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Debuchy offered nada going forward and he looked dead on his feet in the second half, " he is lacking little bit of sharpness" so Arsene had no choice. if Jack or Rosicky were fit then Arsene would have taken off Le Coq for Jack and Ozil for Rosicky.

Don't know if it was to do with fitness but we gave up around the 75th minute, which is a disgrace especially for team chasing the title. Some players didn't even want to be there anymore.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Apparently it was the first time he ever "leaked" out of his nappy. I wasn't happy despite how oddly appropriate it was.

Anyway, got some screenshots of Ramsey's movement, just to further reiterate how uninterested he is in dictating the play. This is all from the opening twenty minutes.

Spoiler:

There are more screenshots but I don't think I need to add anymore.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:28 pm

@Patron Let's not go too far mate

They all love the club. Our fitness was shocking and that's why the players struggled later on. Normally we would be sustaining pressure late on for a goal. We didn't have energy to do that.

See Monreal's reaction around 85th minute when they were time wasting. Sky did a close up and showed how frustrated he was and wanted to get going asap.

There is a massive difference in between looking good in pre-season games and then in the PL. Blame obviously comes down to the manager for not preparing well enough. West Ham despite resting their main team for EL, had the advantage of playing competitive.

Also Klopp Laughing Please. Let's hope he isn't anywhere near our plans to replace Arsene.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Great work as usual, Jay.

Ramsey is basically an attacking midfielder ever since the 13/14 season, but since we have Özil, he can occupy the right attacking position aswell. It was proven to work last season but Wenger in his attempt to please him brought him back to midfield.

Our only capable CM's are Cazorla and Wilshere, they are the only ones who do the role right and since Wilshere is out, our only option is Cazorla who again has proved to be amazing but Wenger in his attempt to ruin the work he's done last year by moving him there, moves him back to LW where he is awful.

Walcott has proved to be a great option up front, a better option than Giroud but Wenger again in his attempt to please him plays Giroud in our opening game which must have crushed Walcott who despite playing well gets benched regularly. Now this one bugs me much more because Ramsey is atleast at best a very good player but Giroud at his best is still an above average footballer. There was no reason to do this.

Debuchy, awful in both attack and defence, I thought he would be capable to act as a backup atleast but the injuries seem to have taken away the few things he was good at. Chambers should play there if Bellerin is not available.

Now that Alexis is back, hopefully Wenger plays the same team as the one we had at the cup final, that's our best team. Well unless we do the right thing and sign a striker and DM.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:@Patron Let's not go too far mate

They all love the club. Our fitness was shocking and that's why the players struggled later on. Normally we would be sustaining pressure late on for a goal. We didn't have energy to do that.

See Monreal's reaction around 85th minute when they were time wasting. Sky did a close up and showed how frustrated he was and wanted to get going asap.

There is a massive difference in between looking good in pre-season games and then in the PL. Blame obviously comes down to the manager for not preparing well enough. West Ham despite resting their main team for EL, had the advantage of playing competitive.

Also Klopp Laughing Please. Let's hope he isn't anywhere near our plans to replace Arsene.

Guardiola then if he is available, or Ancelotti. I don't care, I think most top managers would do better with our squad.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:07 pm

RealGunner wrote: Coquelin has been really poor.

Remember when i said last season means nothing and i won't be surprised if he starts this season poorly?

About that :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:26 pm

To be honest i am not a great believer in Theo playing upfront, Arsene only says it to boost his ego. Theo does not do the basic well, He is not strong enough, he can't play with his back to goal plus he is one of those claustrophobic footballers who struggle when you deny them space. He is at his best against teams who afford him the room to use his pace but against well organised defences like the one we encountered today he'd struggle. His best position is on wide right so he can make those runs in between full back and the Center half.

Problem is Ox and Ramsey are playing well so only one Spot left for him and thats upfront. When you see that Sanchez and Wellbeck din't even make the bench today, Arsene has some big decisions to make, one of Giroud, Ramsey or Theo need to hit the bench for the sake of balance upfront or in midfield.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote: Coquelin has been really poor.

Remember when i said last season means nothing and i won't be surprised if he starts this season poorly?

About that :coffee:

Last season he played alongside Cazorla who actually dictates play. This season (one game + the CS where he bossed) he played alongside Ramsey who darts forward and can't distribute possession and make his game simpler.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Sounds like an excuse to me :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Sounds like logic to me hmm

How dare you bring logic into this
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:35 pm

EL Patron wrote:To be honest i am not a great believer in Theo playing upfront, Arsene only says it to boost his ego. Theo does not do the basic well, He is not strong enough, he can't play with his back to goal plus he is one of those claustrophobic footballers who struggle when you deny them space. He is at his best against teams who afford him the room to use his pace but against well organised defences like the one we encountered today he'd struggle. His best position is on wide right so he can make those runs in between full back and the Center half.

Problem is Ox and Ramsey are playing well so only one Spot left for him and thats upfront. When you see that Sanchez and Wellbeck din't even make the bench today, Arsene has some big decisions to make, one of Giroud, Ramsey or Theo need to hit the bench for the sake of balance upfront or in midfield.

Agreed, still a better option than Giroud though.

There was no choice to be made, Theo was playing well and had to play based on form. This is how he makes most of his decisions and whenever he tries something different like this time, he gets it wrong.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:40 pm

linetty wrote:Sounds like logic to me hmm

How dare you bring logic into this

Disgusting i agree.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:46 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CL_3u9KW8AAGXIK.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:05 am

That's horrible.

Do we have any natural wingers in our squad at all ffs?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:21 am

It comes from giving too much freedom to our attackers to go where they want. By nature, Ramsey wants to attack and Cazorla wants go infield, but if you give them specific instructions about their positioning you can avoid that problem - provided they follow them, of course.

Players need to perform a specific function for attacks to work. You can't just stick them all on the pitch and just wait for the magic to happen. I feel we're guilty of doing that at times.

On another note, the average position of the full-backs is too deep considering we were playing a team that didn't have a threat outwide.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next