Raptorgunner
El Gunner
Sri
Arsenalfaithfull
RealGunner
24 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16] - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Time to re-call Szczesny from loan IMO

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16] - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Not watching but...

rofl rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Nah, as much as Cech was at fault. That was awful marking from the corner.

Even then, not the best of displays tbh.

Need to improve in midfield
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:23 pm

poor performance
Cech least of our problems tbh
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Hearing that Ramsey is playing in midfield and Cazorla wide rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Yea

But problem isn't with Ramsey. Coquelin has been really poor.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Ramsey is not a better CM so I see as much reason of him starting there as I see of Giroud starting over Walcott.

We won't ever win anything if Wenger keeps forcing players he likes into the team.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Save us Alexis Sad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16] - Page 2 Picard-facepalm-o
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:27 pm

could do with another couple of months without football!!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:30 pm

played like a bunch of drunk guys
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Sigh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Rev wrote:Walk in the park guys.

Cech to have a clean sheet, Koscielny to baws whoever leads their useless attack and Cazorla to dominate their midfield from start to finiish = me top of the GL Fantasy League Laughing

eco smile

It's wise not to make such bold predictions in the future.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:41 pm

RED wrote:

Cech to have a clean sheet, Koscielny to baws whoever leads their useless attack and Cazorla to dominate their midfield from start to finiish = me top of the GL Fantasy League Laughing

eco smile

It's not wise to tell this to anyone on this forum. I tried in the general section...they are always right. They told me to chill out.. Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:42 pm

We played like dog poo, no excuse. We're 2nd best at everything, they best us physically and tactically, not the 1st time Bilic did this 2 us either. When players like Noble and Payet ran us ragged, we're in trouble. Anyways i'm so dissapointed now after such long wait, There is nothing positive to write about, the only player that did ok was Monreal, everyone else was shit.

That's being said, it's 3 points loss, hope the team shake it off and move on.

Last edited by Twoism on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Keeping a cleansheet at home to West Ham is a bold prediction?

What next? Scoring a goal against Norwich is a bold prediction too?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:55 pm

You can't help but laugh, really. All the excitement and hope for this reason destroyed after one game Laughing

It's one of those games where you forget tactics and personnel and so on and just wonder how the *bleep* these highly paid professionals, some of the best players around, can't control or pass a football properly. Every player had a heavy touch, every pass was made harder than it should be. You know things will be bad when we can't even play a simple pass out wide to somebody without putting it out for a throw in.

Then there's our obsession with forcing the play down the middle. West Ham had a centre back at right back and A 16 YEAR OLD playing at the base of the diamond and not once did Arsenal try to exploit that. West Ham were playing a diamond - what do you against a diamond? You spread the play. Make the side CMs go into uncomfortable wide positions. Push the full-backs up and exploit the lack of wide cover. So naturally Arsenal try all the fancy one-twos in the middle of the pitch, trying to evade four or five players, all the while Monreal and Debuchy are stood outwide with their arms up, wondering when the ball will finally get to them.

And the goals. Good lord were they awful. Cech will get most of the blame but several players made mistakes. The first goal: how does Kouyate get a free run to head the ball in the first place? Cech is in no-man's land but no defender is there to spare his blushes because nobody went with the run. The second goal: Coquelin needlessly going to ground and failing to clear the ball, followed by Chamberlain giving the ball away, then Koscielny standing there as if he were in the wall during a free-kick instead of making an effort to block the shot, all before Cech moves about as fast as my nan to cover his near post.

Sometimes, we just make the game of football look really, really hard. I don't know why. Every now and then we get these inexplicably horrible performances that come out of nowhere. Palace last year on the opening day was a poor performance despite the win. Villa at home the year before was similarly atrocious.

It's important not to over-react but already that's three points dropped; three points that we'll, no doubt, regret dropping come the end of the season. Even worse was that it was at home.

And just to top it off, my nephew pissed all over my Arsenal shirt.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Open with a loss to Aston villa last year

Open with a loss to west ham this year

I guess burnley will have to get promoted so we can open with a loss to them next season
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:35 pm

The legend of delusional Wenger continues. :facepalm:
Playing Giroud and benching Theo,:facepalm: Wenger thought this game was a good opportunity to boost Giroud confidence and it backfired on him, like it has for the past few years. Playing Donkey up front wont win you shit. Not mad about losing games anymore as long as Wenger in charge.

New season, same old Arsenal. This result does not change anything, we are at best a top 4 team.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:Keeping a cleansheet at home to West Ham is a bold prediction?

What next? Scoring a goal against Norwich is a bold prediction too?

Yeah true tbh. No one saw this result happening.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Arsene needs to abandon his little experiment of playing Coquelin and Ramsey together, they are good players but neither are true playmakers or technical leaders. it was so frustrating seeing them misplace simple passes, we don't have the same fluency when they play. last year against Speerz away it was the same.

Santi and Coquelin makes more sense, Coquelin sticks to defending while Cazorla keeps us ticking. Last year he stumbled upon a winning formula yet he has decided to change that this season. all he has to do is play Ox on the left and shove Ramsey wide. I have a feeling Arsene will struggle to find his best team like last year and it will be too late when he does.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:00 pm

What a poor performance by the Arsenal. Didnt expect that after beating chelsea. We didnt play as a team. Well i hope there are better thing to come from the team.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:06 pm

RED wrote:

eco smile

Tbf it's West ham at Home we're talking about.

After a perfect pre-season, (I know pre-season isn't something you base your whole form on) I think my confident attitude was pretty justified. Oh well, it seems we still have that talent of losing a pretty much straightforward game Laughing

Nothing to do just focus on the next game and hope we'll start racking up dem points.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Rev wrote:
RED wrote:

eco smile

Tbf it's West ham at Home we're talking about.

After a perfect pre-season, (I know pre-season isn't something you base your whole form on) I think my confident attitude was pretty justified. Oh well, it seems we still have that talent of losing a pretty much straightforward game Laughing

Nothing to do just focus on the next game and hope we'll start racking up dem points.

Totally understand. Was just messing with you. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Arsene needs to abandon his little experiment of playing Coquelin and Ramsey together, they are good players but neither are true playmakers or technical leaders. it was so frustrating seeing them misplace simple passes, we don't have the same fluency when they play. last year against Speerz away it was the same.

Santi and Coquelin makes more sense, Coquelin sticks to defending while Cazorla keeps us ticking. Last year he stumbled upon a winning formula yet he has decided to change that this season. all he has to do is play Ox on the left and shove Ramsey wide. I have a feeling Arsene will struggle to find his best team like last year and it will be too late when he does.

I agree with that. Ramsey can't control a game from midfield in the way that Cazorla can because he's more interested in going forward and making things happen higher up the pitch. It puts more pressure on Coquelin to be more expansive with his passing and ignore the simple passes which were a big reason behind his good form last season. Arteta would probably be a better partner for Ramsey.

There are similarities to last season when Ozil got shoved out wide so Wilshere could start every game, only now Cazorla is the one to be moved just so Ramsey can play more in the middle. I said the same last season: Wenger has to stop playing favourites and make a decision on who plays where for the good of the team.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Couldn't have said any better

Our biggest problem came from the pivot/2 CMs today. Slow to build attacks and when we did, it was disjointed.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next