Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sinister Mihajlovic Empty Re: Sinister Mihajlovic

Post by Dante Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Welcome .

Can't really say i am excited , but he can't possibly be any worse than Inzaghi . With that in mind , i feel this is good news no matter our expectations , previous and current ones.

Sadly , i am not familiar with his ideas and his past with Fiorentina or Sampdoria. I don't recall specifics , as i've barely watched them outside of our games as opponents. I think he used to play 4-3-1-2 most of the time? Would appreciate some info here .

Having said that , if all the talk of a poor man's Conte hold any truth , i must say Mihajlovic was a wise choice ; once again , if it's true he's a disciplinarian and imposes his authority in his team. We severely need this in Milan as it is.

This is trully Allegri's replacement , at least in hindsight it does seem like that to me. Let us see how we will fare together. Mihajlovic has an extremely tough job at hand , never mention winning the fans over. I wouldn't want to be him , but i wish him the best for our beloved team.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:46 pm

I think he plays a 4-2-3-1. Either way if he messes up he'll be sacked without problem. Isn't a Milanista, so they won't hold on to him if results are going bad.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Agreed , but don't you think we need some stability afterall ? I mean , Seedorf doesn't do the impossible , he gets the sack . Inzaghi was pretty much sacked a while ago , they simply kept him a bit longer because nobody around was available at the time .

We start something , it doesn't go 100% perfect , they sack people . We never did this bs before , on a regular basis that is , and i think we should really stop sacking coaches like that . I am not saying that we shouldn't have sacked Inzaghi , or we shouldn't sack Sinisa if he's doing bad.. but ideally , we must value stability in order to improve.

Having said that , he may suck so much that it will be necessary , ok . I am worried about this however , we can't just sack coaches all the time. We will never improve like that.

As for the formation , it is very soon to be talking about such things , since the team will define the formation in the end. But if he's playing 4-2-3-1 , then we can expect some intensity and solidity in the line up for next season , i guess .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:16 pm

I agree with you. I'm not a big fan of sacking coaches myself unless, 1- they are at the end of a cycle and need to go, or 2- they just aren't fit for the job.

Thing is, Mihajlovic isn't a yes man. I very well do see him clashing with one of the bigger named players. And the last time we had a coach who clashed with the dressing room he found himself sacked after 4 months.

Honestly my guess is that he was appointed so he could whip the players into shape and instill disciple in them, if he gets results great. If it doesn't work out sack him on the spot, and replace him with Brocchi until the end of the season. With Carlo or Conte coming in and firmly establishing a new era of sorts.

As for style, I'm really not sure TBH. I remember last year during a press conference he said how him and Seedorf had very similar philosophies. They liked to attack and press high up the pitch.

Truthfully, I haven't seen enough nor remember enough of his teams to see whether they actually played like that Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Would also like to note that Miha is bringing his own staff with him. That means Tassotti is no longer our assistant coach anymore.

Apparently Miha has a GOAT fitness coach. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be the Gianni Vio of fitness trainers rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:36 pm

It's an interesting notion . I feel it will all depend on how well Mihajlovic does really. If he does really well , and by that i mean bringing CL football back in Milan , then he may earn his stay afterall .

But i kind of agree with this tbh , they want Ancelotti and untill then , they want someone who will establish certain things in this team. A bit reckless of a choice to make , if they indeed did this , but it could pay off in the end.

One thing is certain though , this time next year it will be interesting , to say the least. Whether or not he meets objectives , i feel Ancelotti/Conte being available again make things difficult for him . If he does badly , or he falls short of expectations , well i guess he's as good as finished by then.

I do wish one thing though and that is he succeeds here. Ideally speaking , i want the team to flurish again as soon as possible and if Mihajlovic does a good job at that , i certainly won't be asking for his head to see Ancelotti back . It's needless for me to say how much i rate Ancelotti , but it will be weird to see him arrive if Mihajlovic did a great job.

With that in mind , i am almost rest assured , we shall continue with at least a competitive coach for the foreseeable future , be it Mihajlovic or whatever his successor may or may not be . For that i am glad and to be completely honest , i don't mind what happens . All i really mind is to see some good football that will result in the top 3 next season .

Whether or not Ancelotti or Conte becomes our next manager is none of my concern atm and i would actually preffer to believe in Mihajlovic as of right now.

reads 2nd post **

yes let's hope no more Gianni Vios experts and such Laughing

And good luck to Tassotti . I wanted him out , but it doesn't mean that i am happy he's out. One of Milan's greatest servants really , i wish the best for him. But it was time we made a change like this one. And i think it will be for the better in the end. It really feels our defence needs to modernize itself and if what you mentioned about Mihajlovic's fitness coach is true , i can even be excited about certain things that plugged us all this time to start dissapearing.

Things such as stamina issues with a lot of players , certain kind of injuries , problems with intensity , availability as a result and i feel many more . I really hope the Mihajlovic choice pays off and it actually seems like a calculated decision , this time . Let's see.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:44 pm

Saw this article on Bleacher Report.

As far as my opinion on Mihajlovic goes, I think he should be given a fair chance and no conclusions should be drawn right now. He has experience in dealing with mid-table teams and, let's face it, that's what we are at this moment. That might come in valuable, other then that, I haven't really seen much of his teams so I can't say anything about his style or philosophy. However, I am glad that we actually went for an experienced coach this time instead of first timers. Nothing against Seedorf (who I think did a good job with what he had) and Inzaghi (who was pretty unlucky and took charge at one of the worst times in our recent history), but nevertheless, first timers are much more prone to making mistakes and especially given the situation we are in right now (i.e. the team's morale is crap, no real backing from the management etc).

I have to say, I'm excited (but not too much) and am looking forward to what happens in the transfer window this summer.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:01 am

Sinisa really hit the jackpot on this one, not every coach gets the luxury of a large summer budget. I wonder if he knew of Bee's takeover before he signed hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:48 am

I was hoping for Carlo or Emery but alas, Mihajlovic is still a good manager.

Similar to Dante and Cas however, I don't know too much about the style of play he will impose as I never watched his teams that frequently, but what I do know about him is that he brings experience, stability, and a track record of getting good results with average squads.

My reservations for him are two-fold:

The first is that having spent so much time as a coach of a mid-table team with limited resources, I don't know how he'll handle having the transfer budget we'll supposedly have this summer. We all saw with Moyes that it is one thing to manage a mid-table club, making smart buys and doing the best with the cards you have, and quite another to be able to rebuild an entire squad. And that's assuming he even gets 150 mil. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's only here for one season and we go for Carlo or Conte next year. And even if he is meant as a legitimate replacement that the board has placed faith in, they may still be more stingy with someone that doesn't have a track record at a big club.

My second reservation is very much linked to the first: Let's say, in our ideal world, he gets 150 mil in the summer. Will he even be able to attract any top-class names? And if so, will he be able to manage them? Take Ibra (not that I want him, I actually don't, just using him as an example). If we had Carlo, not only would we be able to attract him to give up Paris and come here, but he would also be kept disciplined. With Mihajlovic, even if Ibra agrees to come, I can very easily see him walking around as if he owns the club, and very quickly clashing with a manager he doesn't see as having done enough to tell him what to do.

It's possible I'm overthinking it, since as someone pointed out, we are a mid-table team now, no longer a big club. Nevertheless, those are my concerns. As I said however, I am happy to finally have a real coach, and I'm optimistic we'll see improvements next year, even if they might not be as drastic as we'd like.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:11 am

^tbf, if Ibra does come, i doubt he'd clash with Sinisa. Allegri came from 16th place Cagliari and he didn't cause much of a ruckus.

However, i hope we don't go for Sinisa's ex-players for the sake of him having coached them. Eder, De Silvestri, etc can stay put right there thank you very much Laughing, that isn't to say all of his former players are bad, some i actually like (Soriano, Romagnoli) but hopefully our targets are a bit more ambitious than the ones i mentioned earlier

Regarding the technical aspect of Sinisa, he's a coach who values hard work a lot. Double training sessions, hard working players, etc are his thing, and he doesn't take shit from no one, as exemplified when the Eto charade happened earlier this year. He's utilized a lot of formations this season (4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2) mainly because of Gabi leaving and Eto/Muriel arriving. I think he's a coach who can make most of what he has, getting the Azzurri to call up Eder deserves a applaud (Granted, its mostly down to MTD Conte's hardon for provincials Laughing)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:57 am

That's a fair point, but that was also an Ibra that was desperate to prove himself after the Barca fiasco, and with personalities just as big as him in the locker room.

The Ibra of this past season just seems too arrogant to listen to someone unproven.

But you do have a fair point and could be right.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:42 am

I will more then happy if he make the team finish in top 5.

:coffee:
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:21 pm

I know it's soon and that we all expected someone bigger than Mihajlovic , but i really think we shouldn't write him off just because of expectations . Sure he's no Ancellotti and some wanted Montella , including me , but Mihajlovic ain't a nobody either. Few did better than him this season and in any case , compared to Pippo , he will look like Pep or something. So , just by that , we can rest assured many things will improve drasticaly by next season .  

From what the results say , Mihajlovic did great with Sampdoria . It's not a little thing what he did , Milan with more resources and admittedly , with more players of note than Sampdoria , did so much worse . And what we need more than anything else for next season , is results . We must get back into the CL , at all costs.

I think Mihajlovic was out of the box thinking by the management and i for once am pleasantly surprised and personaly speaking , already grew to accept the decision and welcome the change . This will be the biggest challenge of his managerial career yet and one of the toughest jobs he will ever get and the management will work to give him a really strong team , hopefully.

With all that in mind , i believe Mihajlovic could make serious work with Milan next season . I don't feel like writting him off because he ain't a big name , or because he was at Inter 10+ years ago .

What we really need of Mihajlovic , is results and a working team and he has proven he can do this . I do concede it isn't the same case to replicate this with a big club , but the signs aren't that bad really . On a personal note , i am super eager to see his plans and him coaching next season . It could be a failure , or it could be a success , one thing is certain , he isn't here by blind luck .

With the right moves this summer and a little bit of luck , it may as well have been a stroke of genius even . When Sacchi arrived many raised eyebrows as well , but he wrote history anyway and Sacchi also was out of the box thinking .
I am not saying he's the next Sacchi! , or that he will even remotely reach his status in any way , it's just that sometimes , the road to success isn't always straightforward . Mihajlovic will have a great team to work with next season and something tells me he is as excited about this as we are , watching a competitive Milan once again .

i am saying , and i rarely say this , have some faith in this one . It's not written in stone what he can and cannot do. His Sampdoria wasn't capable of many things on paper either , but the actual results seem to point at a very serious coach.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:27 pm

It's official .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Sinister Mihajlovic CHnn_AkUAAADmFy
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:24 pm

First technical meeting between the staff, Sinisa looking like a hipster Proud

Sinister Mihajlovic CHn8o4HWwAESscT

Grey haired guy on the right looks like a combination of Bocchetti and James May

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:51 pm

i think he looks like an older Acerbi
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Dante wrote:i think he looks like an older Acerbi

rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Miha talks about his philosophy in this video. Says his ideal formation is 4-2-3-1, but is willing to adapt to similar systems like 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-3 depending on the players at his disposal. Working hard is really important and values giving young players a chance.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:08 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed