Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
RealGunner
15 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Dark Souls 3 - Page 36 Empty Re: Dark Souls 3

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:14 am

Firenze wrote:btw I think they're working on Bloodborne 2, like 99% sure in fact which is why this DLC feels lacking IMO, already moved on and have scrubs working on this

Really can't see it man. Miyazaki seems to be burnt out with all of this. I think we will see a new type of game before BB2. Heard From are contracted to make another BB from Sony though so we'll see

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 am

not sure, I think DLC 2 will be Londor/Sable Church and feature Kaathe/Primordial Serpents, only major thing left in the series to address. The girl with the painting probably won't open DLC 2 unless she appears outside of the DLC for people that haven't bought both. Most fans think she is the daughter of Priscilla who was the guardian of the painted world in dark souls 1 who has inherited the ability to create painted worlds. hmm

quite a lot of throwbacks to DS1 in this dlc
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 am

Overall I can't say I enjoyed the DLC. It was lacking and way too short. Even for someone like me. It basically had one area to explore.

Also not exactly sure where the lore fits in this.

Who is Friede and why is her dad a lunatic?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:17 am

they said they are working on an action RPG with Dark Souls/BB type gameplay. They also said they're making new games and a sequel too so I think BB2 will be announced in a few months. Hopefully, probably my favorite game ever
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:25 am

That's not her dad lol, some decent lore in this but nothing amazing.

Pontiff Sulyvahn was born in the Painted World and left

Friede is the eldest sister and founder of the Sable Church of Londor, Yuria's sister. She renounced her role and entered the painted world and assumed a similar figure to  Priscilla from the first game who wielded a scythe and wore robes and was the guardian of the painting so that the inhabitants could find salvation or something in her because she wanted to protect them, painted world has a cycle like the real world like fire and dark, and Elfriede convinced/manipulated Ariandel who was the restorer of the painted world (probably from DS1) to let everything rot instead of cleansing it with fire, the little girl has inherited the ability to create painted worlds andis trying to cleanse the painting of rot (she is probably Priscilla's daughter from DS1 since she has the same eyes and hair) . Read there's in game dialogue with Yuria if you have her in your game and you have Elfriede's soul that they have bad blood. So she likely didn't like how they were being manipulated by primordial serpents or something.

Friede is Ash/hollow and basically keeping the beliefs of the hallows of londor in not wanting to use the fire and keep the dark/rot

Last edited by Firenze on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:26 am

Same for me. It's an all time great game imo.

I don't think I am going to bother with PVP in this DLC if you can't team up. Honestly rather go back to Bioshock

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:27 am

yeah, think I'm gonna get Battlefield. They will release a patch in the future for co-op supposedly. Hopefully new arena maps too because as I say, current one is bland. Get back to Infinite IMO.

Also annoyed there were no trophies in the DLC.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:30 am

Firenze wrote:That's not her dad lol, some decent lore in this but nothing amazing.

Pontiff Sulyvahn was born in the Painted World and left

Friede is the eldest sister and founder of the Sable Church of Londor, Yuria's sister. She renounced her role and entered the painted world and assumed a similar figure to  Priscilla from the first game who wielded a scythe and wore robes and was the guardian of the painting so that the inhabitants could find salvation or something in her because she wanted to protect them, painted world has a cycle like the real world like fire and dark, and Elfriede convinced/manipulated Ariandel who was the restorer of the painted world (probably from DS1) to let everything rot instead of cleansing it with fire, the little girl has inherited the ability to create painted worlds andis trying to cleanse the painting of rot (she is probably Priscilla's daughter from DS1 since she has the same eyes and hair) . Read there's in game dialogue with Yuria if you have her in your game and you have Elfriede's soul that they have bad blood. So she likely didn't like how they were being manipulated by primordial serpents or something.

Friede is Ash/hollow and basically keeping the beliefs of the hallows of londor in not wanting to use the fire and keep the dark/rot

That's interesting. Realised she was an ash when she embered but didn't think she wanted the world to rot on purpose.

Not sure why they wanted to explore this part of the lore when no one actually cared. I am guessing it will make sense with the 2nd DLC as they are connected.

But this means we are not getting any answers regarding Aldia.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:30 am

wonder when the next dlc will be out, DLC was comparable to DS2 stuff in size and that was only a month apart IIRC. I think I read it will be early 2017. Pretty long wait.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:34 am

I read it was March 2017.

Crown of the old iron king was a great DLC. Probably 2nd best after old hunters. It was really long and had 2 of the best bosses.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:35 am

Old Hunters and then DS1 DLC. Both comparable in size kinda.

Well, I liked Old Hunters more. GOAT bosses and I played it for like 3 days.

Mad disappointed in the bosses in this DLC though. well Friede was great but still salty over that lazy other boss ffs

I have faith this was an appetizer and the final DLC will be amazing
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:37 am

Also it was uninspired again. You ever seen the wolf boss from DS1? That was way better smh.

Does seem like they are recycling ideas with Dark Souls now

all the cool weapons in the dlc had weird stat reqs so I didn't get to use them and probably won't smh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:43 am

Yea I read that this was copy+paste from Sif's design lol. Like I said before it seemed like one big area and that was it. 2-3 new types of enemies.

Friede was great but once again, it was copied from Lady Maria.

I don't think DLC2 will be that great either. At this point it looks like FROM are just trying to get rid of it asap. They have had over 6 months to work on this DLC and it resulted in this. Speaks for itself
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Playing with my knight character. I didn't realise how quickly you can get to the 2nd bonfire. You can avoid all of the wolves and get to the rope bridge lol.

It's more fun with this character, I have to admit.

First thing I did was to buy consumables and then got rid of 5m souls lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:08 pm

yeah you can skip it to the rope bridge, wondering if I missed a bonfire in the dlc btw, was there anything around the tower with the lad firing arrows at you? felt like there should have been, got all items in that area but didn't see anything, I ran from the big wolf chasing me lol. had about 15 of them on me aint nobody etc
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:14 pm

There was a bonfire before the rope bridge. But there was none near the tower. I was surprised myself since that's a long way from the starting point and there should have been one there. It was weird to have two bonfires close to each other (Friede chapel and the one before the bridge)

I actually think my knight is more OP at SL120 than my Pyromancer is at 186 Laughing

I smashed gravetender even more easily on this one.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Also realised how easy it is to dodge the wolf lol

Love hollowslayer greatsword tbh. Unreal weapon.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:15 pm

Done with it now. Beat the DLC with both characters.

I am not sure if you agree but Friede is actually really easy. I went both the first two phases without using a single flask. I am surprised how easy it is to parry her. Had hornet ring and parried + riposte her 4-5 times. During the 2nd phase you can do great damage if you hit both at the same time. Her final phase is the only difficult part but she gets stun locked so that helps.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Smashed it in the 6v6 brawl lmao

Got the most kills :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:11 pm

don't watch if you want to go into the DLC blind RG

some early footage of the DLC with NPC/story stuff too from the same part, fromsoft held a community event and let people play some of it

either way it looks and sounds fantastic IMO, with callbacks and answers to all of the previous games, should be a good end to the series, quite hyped
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Only seen the trailer for it, not going to watch that video above though.

What do you think? Seems like it could be Londor? Ring definitely looks like we are dealing with hallows.

Saw Earthen peak. How??????

From all the places in DS2, they are giving us earthen peak lmao?

At least they are referencing DS2. Might see Aldia afterall

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Don't ask me questions I already know the answer to ffs, like I said the video I posted had A LOT of interesting stuff from the first part of the DLC, TONS of cool story/lore and that was just from the first hour or so he played before it really opened up, looks like it will be a lot better than Ariandel DLC which besides the final boss, was trash.

Really seems like it will be the DLC that wraps up the last major mysteries of the series

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Hopefully it is long with a lot more content. Bosses in the trailer looked amazing. Can tell pyromancy won't work on that fire beast ffs.

I am really interested how they connect everything. It's the end of DS forever more or less. Has to end on a satisfying note.

Difficult though since everything is still so vague

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Next Tuesday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 pm

day 1

I hope I can go into this one without watching ppl playing it early ffs

only 12 quid too..I hope it's bigger than the first DLC but I'm not getting my hopes up at that price

I was reading some new information and screenshots about it a few days ago, looks cool and an update just dropped for it today I think changing a lot of in game stuff

think it will kick my ass tbh since it feels like forever since I last played
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 pm

I bought the season pass so i am good. I heard it's a lot bigger and has 4 bosses apparently. It is going to tie the entire souls series so It is going to be big. Really curious how they link Harvest valley with DS3 lol. It seems impossible to connect the both. Excited though.

Think they will address the criticism from the 1st DLC with this one. If it is going to be the last souls related thing ever then it has to be good.

Haven't played in a long time either. At least before I was in practice due to PVP but not this time. Will try to finish Horizon before the weekend so I can spend some time on DS3 again.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next