Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

+29
FennecFox7
El Gunner
danyjr
Winter is Coming
BarcaLearning
Valkyrja
sportsczy
FilthyLuca
Curtinho
breva
S
Lord Awesome
B-Mac
Hapless_Hans
Doc
Kaladin
Gil
Unique
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
M99
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Myesyats
jibers
McAgger
RealGunner
free_cat
farfan
33 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:39 am

El Gunner wrote:Best midfielder in the world at the moment. Love everything about his game, especially his work ethic.

he has dropped down a few paces since i made this post last year lol

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Posts : 20414
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by danyjr Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:46 am

RealGunner wrote:Why is he out of favour all of a sudden for both club and country?
Funny how City have been playing shit since he was dropped.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 8206
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:59 pm

danyjr wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Why is he out of favour all of a sudden for both club and country?
Funny how City have been playing shit since he was dropped.


Absolute nonsense not to have this player in your first XI especially after the departure of Silva
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33888
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:35 am

He’s still good. Again, there’s no reason not to have him, and de bruyne starting. They both put an impressive defensive shift. Nope, let’s just play Eric Garcia and the falliable mendy. Lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7350
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Pep would rather fit in Rodri or Foden or Torres and leave out B.Silva lol...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 7319
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:47 pm

I don’t think it’s talked about enough how he’s pretty much displaced KDB from that RCM position forcing him to play as a false 9 instead.

He wanted to leave City this summer despite putting on an amazing season last year too. No move came to fruition and that has been a big blessing in disguise for them. For me he’s been the best midfielder in the league and arguably the world this season.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8950
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by farfan Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:38 pm

It's not talked about because people can't be bothered to keep up with Pep's yearly formation reshuffle Laughing at this point, Jesus playing in midfield wouldn't even surprise me.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5313
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Casciavit wrote:I don’t think it’s talked about enough how he’s pretty much displaced KDB from that RCM position forcing him to play as a false 9 instead.

He wanted to leave City this summer despite putting on an amazing season last year too. No move came to fruition and that has been a big blessing in disguise for them. For me he’s been the best midfielder in the league and arguably the world this season.


I think he actually didn't have an "amazing" season last year. He went down the pecking order, and wasn't close to his level from the season before.

He has been great this season so far.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4438
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:03 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I don’t think it’s talked about enough how he’s pretty much displaced KDB from that RCM position forcing him to play as a false 9 instead.

He wanted to leave City this summer despite putting on an amazing season last year too. No move came to fruition and that has been a big blessing in disguise for them. For me he’s been the best midfielder in the league and arguably the world this season.


I think he actually didn't have an "amazing" season last year. He went down the pecking order, and wasn't close to his level from the season before.

He has been great this season so far.


What do you mean? He literally started for City almost every game from December onwards. He was great in 20/21 as that's when he pretty much became their full-time RCM and KDB went false 9. He played every knockout CL game last season. It was 19/20 where he went down the pecking order and was on the bench a lot. He was absolutely a key player for City last year.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8950
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:19 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I don’t think it’s talked about enough how he’s pretty much displaced KDB from that RCM position forcing him to play as a false 9 instead.

He wanted to leave City this summer despite putting on an amazing season last year too. No move came to fruition and that has been a big blessing in disguise for them. For me he’s been the best midfielder in the league and arguably the world this season.


I think he actually didn't have an "amazing" season last year. He went down the pecking order, and wasn't close to his level from the season before.

He has been great this season so far.


What do you mean? He literally started for City almost every game from December onwards. He was great in 20/21 as that's when he pretty much became their full-time RCM and KDB went false 9. He played every knockout CL game last season. It was 19/20 where he went down the pecking order and was on the bench a lot. He was absolutely a key player for City last year.


I am probably confusing the timelines then. I think he wasn't starting (despite being fit) at the start of last season. I guess his reintroduction to the team coincided with City's uptake in form after the winter break, which would make sense.

I don't follow city, but I distinctively remember a time where B. Silva was consistently underwhelming, so I assumed that's why he wanted to leave this season.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4438
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:45 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:


I think he actually didn't have an "amazing" season last year. He went down the pecking order, and wasn't close to his level from the season before.

He has been great this season so far.


What do you mean? He literally started for City almost every game from December onwards. He was great in 20/21 as that's when he pretty much became their full-time RCM and KDB went false 9. He played every knockout CL game last season. It was 19/20 where he went down the pecking order and was on the bench a lot. He was absolutely a key player for City last year.


I am probably confusing the timelines then. I think he wasn't starting (despite being fit) at the start of last season. I guess his reintroduction to the team coincided with City's uptake in form after the winter break, which would make sense.

I don't follow city, but I distinctively remember a time where B. Silva was consistently underwhelming, so I assumed that's why he wanted to leave this season.


City's 15 games PL win streak last season coincided when he became a starter and it's no surprise. I believe he wanted to leave at the end of 19/20 but Pep convinced him to stay another year saying he'll let him go at the end of 20/21.

The end of 20/21 came and even though Bernardo became a key starter he still wanted to leave. Apparently, he was unsettled living in England and wanted to leave. I'm sure the threat of being rotated again was another reason.

No big team really came in and made a move for him. Grealish was supposed to be his replacement, but Bernardo ended up staying even after Pep admitted to the press that Bernardo wanted to leave and would be allowed to leave. He ended up staying put and has been City's best player this season.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8950
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Myesyats Sun May 08, 2022 10:24 pm

swap FDJ for Bernardo yesss :bow:

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 16582
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by farfan Mon May 09, 2022 2:01 am

The two Spanish teams should've never let him move to England. He's a perfect fit for both of them and would've solved most of their issues in midfield and attack.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5313
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 09, 2022 6:39 am

Silva joined City in 2017. At that time we had peak KCM, young Kovacic and Llorente and highly rated Isco. He'd have found himself far down the pecking order had he come. I am glad he didn't, he is now thriving and would fit in perfectly at Barca
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23232
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by farfan Mon May 09, 2022 6:46 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Silva joined City in 2017. At that time we had peak KCM, young Kovacic and Llorente and highly rated Isco. He'd have found himself far down the pecking order had he come. I am glad he didn't, he is now thriving and would fit in perfectly at Barca


He was a RW back then and would've immediately taken minutes from that post-2017 version of Bale.

But working with Pep did help him take his game to another level.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5313
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 09, 2022 7:25 am

Nobody could forsee Bale dropping off that much after his great 2017 tbh. We had also brought highly rated Asensio back. Mbappe also decided not to join us as he thought that he wouldn't play over anyone in the BBC. Silva was not needed then but you could argue that he'd make us better now but it's too late i reckon. We've put all our eggs into the Camavinga and Valverde basket meaning we are in more need of a Casemiro profile than a Silva one
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23232
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Myesyats Mon May 09, 2022 8:53 am

farfan wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Silva joined City in 2017. At that time we had peak KCM, young Kovacic and Llorente and highly rated Isco. He'd have found himself far down the pecking order had he come. I am glad he didn't, he is now thriving and would fit in perfectly at Barca


He was a RW back then and would've immediately taken minutes from that post-2017 version of Bale.

But working with Pep did help him take his game to another level.

This is peak Pep.

Consider this: we needed a mid and bought Andre Gomes Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 1f602 instead same year (or year before)!!! because, I guess, he was listed as a CM. Pep bought Bernardo and turned him into a CM and now he's one of the best in the world. Technically the way he handles the ball and dribbles is almost unmatched currently.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 16582
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Casciavit Mon May 09, 2022 9:02 am

Bernardo would be an amazing replacement for Modric. Both are technical press resistant midgets with a really high workrate. You don’t pass on Bernardo to start a donkey like Valverde instead lmao.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8950
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by M99 Mon May 09, 2022 2:14 pm

It still baffles me Madrid did not go for him when he was wanting to leave last summer and City was open to letting him go.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30237
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 10, 2022 1:13 am

Bring this midget in n move De Jong to DM with him in front or alongside somewhere together withe Pedri/Gavi would be nice when Busquets eventually gets too old which shouldnt be that long now?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 7319
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Myesyats Tue May 10, 2022 9:07 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Bring this midget in n move De Jong to DM with him in front or alongside somewhere together withe Pedri/Gavi would be nice when Busquets eventually gets too old which shouldnt be that long now?

I don't think Frenkie stays if Bernardo comes. Pep likes the player, so maybe it could be some kind of swap+cash deal with City. I read recently that Xavi hasn't been exactly content with FDJ, if we cant land someone better he'll stay but XH isn't opposed to letting him go. I'm of the same opinion, i like Frenkie but he's not irreplaceable and Bernardo is way better. Frenkie could stay if fincancial situation would allow it but then i doubt he'd be willing to accept to be on the bench.

As for any position switches, I dont think Frenkie works as a single pivot. He's definitely more of a CM and i can't see him being a direct replacement to Busquets at all.  We need someone else ( everyone seems hyped about Tchouameni but dont think we can get into a bidding war), I like Kamara not seen that much of him but his contract is running out in June so he'd come on a free, he seems to play CM often too though so idk whats his best position



Pedri/Gavi —— Bernardo/?
Kamara/Busquets/Kessie



it would sting a little to let Frenkie go, but anything for Bernardo Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 16582
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Myesyats Tue May 10, 2022 10:34 am

apparently bluemoon would be ecstatic to get frenkie Laughing


Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 888810
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 16582
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am

DeJong could probably respond well to Peps tactics. Could probably play in place of Rodri without problem.

He'd probably look good in a great team that stuff the middle with players rather than a team where he's expected to lead in
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23232
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Firenze Tue May 10, 2022 11:42 am

man, I still remember being linked with him and being desperate to sign him, probably the missed transfer that hurts the most.

he's wanted to leave England for years right? props to him for not sulking but playing at such a level throughout, unreal player. How long does he have left on his contract? would love to see him leave City lol.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33067
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Myesyats Tue May 10, 2022 11:58 am

Firenze wrote:he's wanted to leave England for years right? .

read some bluemoon today and they're saying he tried to leave very actively last summer and reportedly still wants to.

contract until 2025, I'd swap De Jong for him in a heartbeat. He should be #1 on priority transfer list, and it will be disappointing if we miss out too.

another one that City snatched away was David Silva. He'd be probably be Barca bound but in 2010 we had a stacked midfield and he wasnt needed.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 16582
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Casciavit Tue May 10, 2022 12:14 pm

Why would Frenkie go to City? Pep is just going to play him as a glorified attacking midfielder the way Xavi is doing right now and people will call him a flop.

It makes way more sense for him to go elsewhere. He needs to play in a team where he'll play behind the ball and be given the freedom to play his game instead of playing in rigid positional systems.

The only way him going to City makes sense is if Pep decides to move to a 4-2-3-1 which I'm getting the feeling he might. City has been playing that shape in the PL recently. Their wingers are tucking narrow with their fullbacks making runs from deep on the overlap. I guess he might see him as a good partner for Rodri in a double pivot.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8950
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum