Jay29
Sri
El Gunner
REWB
SamuelJayC
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview Empty Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Arsenal v Reading, Saturday 17th April 5.20pm, FA Cup Semi-Final, Wembley, BBC1

Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview Wengerget2_3269368b
Arsenal face Championship opposition in the FA Cup semi-final for a second successive season

FA Cup Semi-Finals

Arsenal v Reading, Saturday 5.20pm
Villa v Liverpool, Sunday 3pm

So, here we go again. For the second successive season, Arsenal face Championship opposition in the semi-finals of the FA Cup. Arsene Wenger knows his squad are just two games away from two trophies in two season; beat Reading and then Aston Villa or Liverpool, and another trophy will be secured.

"We know as well that it is always tricky," Wenger told reporters on Thursday morning. "We have learnt from Wigan last year when we went to penalties." Reading are just above the relegation zone in England's second-tier, winning just one of their last ten League games and lost to leaders Bournemouth on Tuesday evening as Arsenal had the week off.

Anyone who was at Wembley this time last year to see The Gunners struggle against Wigan knows Arsenal simply cannot afford to be complacent. "We were a bit apprehensive in the semi-final and the final (last season) and maybe that experience can help us on Saturday," Wenger insists.

Reading boss Steve Clarke admitted to the press that his side must be "perfect" if they are to progress. "Arsenal are going to play how they play," Clarke said on Thursday. "We have to concentrate on ourselves and make sure we are right. If we get everything right and don't win then at least we can say we gave our best. We can go into the game with a little bit of freedom. Everyone in the country expects Arsenal go through. We'll have a good support and hopefully we give them something to shout about."

Team news

Arsenal

Arteta (fitness) & Chamberlain (groin) are out.

Reading

Ake (ineligible) is unavailable.

Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview AbIS1HLac3

Arsenal subs: Ospina Gabriel Gibbs Wilshere Rosicky Walcott Welbeck
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview

Post by REWB Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:56 pm

you mean April the 18th right?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:10 pm

^^lol small mistake which you spotted. Didn't even notice.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:38 am

I am travelling and will miss the game. silent

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:23 pm

srigooner wrote:I am travelling and will miss the game. silent

meaning we will win Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:43 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Don't jinx it ffs Arsenal v Reading FA Cup semi-final preview 2276801876

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:14 pm

I'll be watching the game with my father tomorrow, so I won't have immediate access to a computer afterwards and won't be able to put out a post-match thread.

You guys can fight over who wants to do it.

Anyway, I think we'll win.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:20 pm

srigooner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

The power of the spell that is cast over the Arsenal team when you travel is too strong to be overthrown by any jinx Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Arsenal team to play Reading: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck

Arsenal subs: Ospina, Gabriel, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:12 pm

man extra time >.< Chesny really let everyone down, that's classic Flappy ball, I though we wouldn't have to witness it anymore now that Fabianski and Almunia are gone.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Twoism wrote:man extra time >.< Chesny really let everyone down, that's classic Flappy ball, I though we wouldn't have to witness it anymore now that Fabianski and Almunia are gone.

too soon Very Happy thank you Chesny no 2
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:56 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSss
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:17 pm

El Gunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

The power of the spell that is cast over the Arsenal team when you travel is too strong to be overthrown by any jinx Proud

Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Three Wembley finals in a year. I'll take it.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:42 am

another Cup Final Get In
Mesut and Alexis :wub:

Ospina/Belllerin/Monreal should be back in the side for final
hopefully Arteta -Chambo(Shame if not) fit by then as well
COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:42 am

fantastic to be in another FA cup final!

For all the talk of how "poor" we were.. Reading were excellent - much credit to them. They like to make life hard for us.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Proud

Holy smokes. I was at an Irish Pub but they were screening the Chav-Yanited game ffs. Was so frustrated after all the time I spent hunting the place down.

And then I resorted to following on Arseblog, got more frustrated and turned off my phone after FT. Only tuned into the result well after I was sure that the game should be over one way or the other, and a good few pints.

In one word: PHEW!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Arsenal Vs Villa then
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:27 pm

I would've rather played this recently underwhelming (no disrespect intented) Liverpool side than this Sherwoodinho led Aston Villa. Ohh well, let's do this bounce
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Rev wrote:I would've rather played this recently underwhelming (no disrespect intented) Liverpool side than this Sherwoodinho led Aston Villa. Ohh well, let's do this bounce

Well it's in six weeks. No telling what form either side will be in ahead of the match.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:21 pm

we are home or away team?hope we can use our Red and White tbh other kits not worthy of cup final
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:32 am

We were in semi-final 1 therefore we should be classified as the home team, no hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:53 am

We'll now play our 19th FA Cup final, which is a record, apparently. Going for our 12th FA Cup, which would be more than any other side. Wenger is going for his 5th FA Cup win, which is pretty amazing.

Hopefully we won't underestimate Villa as we did Reading (and Wigan last season). If Sherwood has them playing the same way they did against Liverpool, we'll be in for a very difficult game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Don't know but I think we think and feel the pressure to much with games at Wembley. We should just settle ourselves the first 10 mins ain the final. Then impose ourselves on Villa and get our quick passing going.
Also Wembley pitch always seems so large. Doesn't help when our midfield is always so narrow.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:39 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:We'll now play our 19th FA Cup final, which is a record, apparently. Going for our 12th FA Cup, which would be more than any other side. Wenger is going for his 5th FA Cup win, which is pretty amazing.

Hopefully we won't underestimate Villa as we did Reading (and Wigan last season). If Sherwood has them playing the same way they did against Liverpool, we'll be in for a very difficult game.

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but as I was telling MJ and Anjl after the game, the last time we won back to back FA Cups was 2001-02 and 2002-03. We all know what happened after that in 2003-04. Just saying.

#Jinx #Counter-jinx #Counter-counter-jinx ...................................... silent

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next