SamuelJayC
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull Empty FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull

Post by SamuelJayC Fri May 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Arsenal v Hull, Saturday 17th May 5pm, Wembley Stadium, FA Cup Final, ITV

FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull Article_img

And so, the time has come. On Saturday, Arsène Wenger and Steve Bruce will lead their sides out of the tunnel and onto the famous Wembley turf, both with history in their grasp. A victory for Hull City would represent a first major honour for The Tigers, whilst a win for the Gunners would see the north Londoners lift silverware for the first time in nine years - and end what is currently Arsenal's third-worst trophy drought ever.

A top-four finish for Wenger confirmed a place in the Champions League for the 17th year running, whilst Bruce guided Hull to survival, a year after winning promotion from The Championship. Bruce, a former Manchester United defender, won the FA Cup three times as a player and says "the rest of the world" will be cheering the underdogs on in their first ever FA Cup final appearance.

"If you're not an Arsenal fan, I'm sure the rest of the world will be rooting for Hull," Bruce told reporters at his pre-match press conference. "We all saw what Wigan did last year. For me, it brings back a bit of the glamour." Indeed. Roberto Martínez's struggling Wigan shocked everyone last May, when they defeated Manchester City.

Arsenal, though, know they simply can not afford to slip up. It's quite frankly, a must-win for Wenger. The Frenchman, under immense pressure from certain sections of the club's support, is out of contract next month, and, despite agreeing to extend his stay with the Gunners, nothing has yet been officially signed. Rumours persist that the 64-year old could walk away from Arsenal, should the side fail to see off Hull on Saturday. Alternatively, a fifth FA Cup would see Wenger equal Sir Alex Ferguson and Thomas Mitchell's achievement - one only bettered by George Ramsay (6) - and convince fans that he is the man to lead Arsenal into a successful new era.

"I don't believe we need any warning, a final is a final," Wenger told the press on Wednesday, "It's down to us to perform on the day."

Match Facts

* Arsene Wenger has reached his 10th final as Arsenal manager and his sixth FA Cup final.

* Arsenal have reached their 18th FA Cup final, a feat that only Manchester United can match.

* The Gunners have won 10 FA Cup finals, only Manchester United (11) have won more.

* This will be Hull City’s first ever appearance in an FA Cup final – they become the 57th different side to play in the final of this competition.

* The last seven FA Cup finals have produced just 11 goals. All seven have been won by a single-goal margin.

* Arsenal have kept clean sheets in each of their last three FA Cup finals. The Gunners have lifted the trophy on five of their last six appearances in the FA Cup final.

* Arsenal have scored 19 goals in their last 8 matches against Hull City in all competitions.

* Matty Fryatt has scored 10 goals in 13 FA Cup starts, including seven in his last eight. Fryatt also scored in the FA Cup semi final as a substitute.

* Olivier Giroud has scored five goals in his last six FA Cup games, including three in four substitute appearances this season.

* Lukas Podolski has scored four goals in five FA Cup games for Arsenal.

Team News

Arsenal

Vermaelen (knee) & Chamberlain (groin) are doubtful, but did take part in full training on Friday, so Walcott (knee) is likely to be the only absentee for Wenger's side.

Hull

Chester (hamstring) is the only doubt for Bruce's side. Jelavić & Long (cup-tied) are ineligible.

FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull AbGVydlajK

Arsenal subs: Fabiański Vermaelen Flamini Wilshere Rosický Chamberlain Sanogo

Hull subs: Harper Chester Rosenior Koren Brady Boyd Aluko

COME ON ARSENAL!!

Thumbs up 

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri May 16, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 15 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull Empty Re: FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull

Post by mani88 Fri May 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Lets go Gunners.

Having an off day after a few weeks  bounce 
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull Empty Re: FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull

Post by Lex Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 pm

No, Brucie, people were cheering Wigan on because Manchester City today are a byproduct of a bored sheik's personal fortune. Arsenal are a different breed of club and, I'm sure will have several neutrals in their corner
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 pm

I'll be with family again tomorrow, so won't be able to do a post-match thread. Not that I had planned on writing much, anyway, as I figured people would be too emotional, regardless of the result, to read anything in-depth.

I'm quietly confident about the game. I'm sure the nerves will kick in the closer we get to kick off, but right now I don't feel overly worried. We've hit form at a good time and have a virtually full strength squad to choose from bar one or two players. I've seen people bring up the Birmingham cup final a few times this week as an example to never take anything for granted, and while you should never underestimate anyone, this team has become very good at beating teams like Hull without much drama.

I can't see Bruce setting Hull up to "have a go" at us, especially not after they lost 3-0 against us doing exactly that. They'll likely be defensive and look for a goal on the counter and set-pieces, so it's important that Arsenal keep their nerve and not get too desperate if they haven't found a goal. It'd be great if we could settle quickly and not allow them to get comfortable in their shape.

This is the team I'd like to see:

Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Arteta - Ramsey

Cazorla - Ozil - Podolski

Giroud

Tomorrow, we'll need our big game players to show up. Admittedly, we've not had many of those this season, but I think Ramsey could be a potential difference maker.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Great work Sam

Yeah im confident as well
we have got enough to beat such teams

expect them to try make it scrappy game and not allow us to settle and get aggressive

would get great to see which players step up with match winning moments when it matters
like Allan smith vs Parma
or Ljungberg in Fa cup finals

looking at you Aaron

Lets do this
COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Jay why Szczesny?
Lukasz deserves it  Neutral 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri May 16, 2014 9:39 pm

lukas is in better form imo, play him
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 16, 2014 10:20 pm

There are two reasons why I'd pick Szczesny. Firstly, in a game of this importance, I think we should be playing our best players and secondly, Szczesny's the future and would really benefit from being a part of a winning team (should we win, of course) in a major final.

It's tough on Fabiasnki because he played all those FA Cup games and played extremely well. Arguably, he deserves the spot on merit. I just think sentiment needs to be put aside for such a big game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri May 16, 2014 10:43 pm

hmmm true.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 1:18 am

9 years.

9 years of constant taunts

9 years of disappointment

9 years of mockery

9 years of self pity

9 years of no trophies.

But. That all ends in 15 hours and 6 minutes. In approximately 15 hours, we enter in a match that is probably our biggest match since 2006 CL final. It's not even a match. It's an exam. It's a paper. Today's final is the question and we have to write an answer. That's what the Final is. Any of you would be lying if you think that the trophy isn't as important as it's being made out.

If this was the 2007 FA Cup final? then ok it would be treated like another normal final because we won a trophy just 2 years before that.

But 9 years? There are kids out there who have never seen us win a trophy. New fans who have never seen glory. They think we are a club equal to Tottenham or Everton. They think Wenger is a fraud. They think Arsenal will never win a trophy ever again.

The FA Cup is our chance to go back to the glory days. It's a start of a new era. It's going to be the start of an another Arsenal era. Do you know how many of the rival fans are praying for a Hull victory? Of course they would hate for Arsenal to win a trophy. Their jokes will die. They won't be able to mock us again. The FA Cup is a chance to run over their parade. But that's just a small victory in a much bigger opportunity.
Because there is a storm coming.
FA Cup might not be the PL, it might not be the CL, but it's going to prove to be a step for those bigger trophies. Today is the day people will remember. They will remember the start of something glorious. They will remember The Arsenal.

I am not going to talk about the possibility of defeat. That is not going to happen. It's out of the equation. It's a variable out of bound. It's a syntax error which has no solution.

Arsene knows how important this FA Cup final is. The players know how important this final is. Arsenal Fans know how important this final is. There is no 'probable' team for tomorrow. If Akpom leads the line. I expect him to perform. If Zak Ansah leads the line. I expect a hattrick. If Bendtner leads the line. I expect a prime Ronaldo-esque performance. If Cygan comes out of retirement for tomorrow, I expect a Nesta-esque performance from him tomorrow. So lets leave it out who is in goal tomorrow. Or if Sanogo is starting tomorrow. Invalid exception.

At 19:00pm tonight in 17 hours. There will be a thread for Arsenal's Trophy Celebration. I expect everyone to be there. Celebrating Together. Because the trophy isn't for Arsenal. It's for each and everyone for us. It's going to be our day. It's going to be our moment.

At 19:00 PM tonight. I will be here. Saying loud and clear.

TROPHY AT LAST, TROPHY AT LAST, BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY WE HAVE WON A TROPHY AT LAST.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 17, 2014 1:31 am

RG<3 :bow::bow:

Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat May 17, 2014 3:01 am

Had to ask a whole bunch of friends before I finally found one who let me stay at their house at 1:30 am to watch their TV cheers.

Arsenal pls

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat May 17, 2014 3:39 am

If you don't count it on my ignorance and trolling in any kind i would like to ask on the reliability of these Rumors That says Wenger will walk out Arsenal after this game regardless of the result
and i recently read the other rumor about vermaelen being linked to Roma, what is with him. Is arsenal selling him and if yes why?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyarados Garrincha Sat May 17, 2014 5:39 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:There are two reasons why I'd pick Szczesny. Firstly, in a game of this importance, I think we should be playing our best players and secondly, Szczesny's the future and would really benefit from being a part of a winning team (should we win, of course) in a major final.

It's tough on Fabiasnki because he played all those FA Cup games and played extremely well. Arguably, he deserves the spot on merit. I just think sentiment needs to be put aside for such a big game.

All sentiments aside,don't you feel it'll be unfair on Fabianski if AW doesn't start him in the FA Cup finals?
After all we're in the finals because of him in the first place and has played each and every minute of the run-up to the finals.I feel it would be the ideal swansong for Fabainski who is definitely going to leave us this summer.
Gyarados Garrincha
Gyarados Garrincha
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyarados Garrincha Sat May 17, 2014 5:51 am

Found some images describing our previous FA Cup victories:

1936:

1971:

1979:

1993:

2002:

And a few bonus pics,too.

FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull Article_img

FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull Article-2626004-1DC47FE200000578-902_634x533

FA Cup Final Preview: Arsenal v Hull Article-0-1DDD8DF200000578-195_634x705

Very Happy
Gyarados Garrincha
Gyarados Garrincha
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 17, 2014 7:42 am

It's cup final day! It's cup final day! Very Happy
I'm so pumped and excited.

There's no time for negative thoughts and negative memories. The past 9 years is history and kicked in the ass, because today is all about today.

Today is the FA Cup final and we're in it to win it!
Believe! - that's all I'm saying to my fellow gooners. Because that is all everybody around the club needs today to win the cup. Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat May 17, 2014 8:10 am

Thanks Sam, RG and Jay for all the hard work. :bow: 

Its has been here, a real trophy for us to win, so excited about tomorrow.  drinking 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 17, 2014 9:21 am

C'mon Arsenal!

Let's do this!!!!!!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat May 17, 2014 10:25 am

I. Am. So. Fookin. Nervous.

What is there to say that hasn't been said or isn't just known?

90 minutes. It all rests in 90 minutes.

Please.

Please.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat May 17, 2014 11:41 am

I am going to have the absolute joy of playing a 7 a side tournament on the emirates pitch tomorrow so I want to go there with a big smile on my face knowing Arsenal have won the first trophy in 9 years Very Happy

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 1:24 pm

3 hours and 40 minutes lads
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat May 17, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm already feeling a little like

Spoiler:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Arsenal taken 20-man squad to Wembley. Barring late change, sounds like Ox-Chamberlain & Jenkinson omitted from matchday 18. Diaby injured.

Wayne Veysey
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Sat May 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Feeling both excited and a bit apprehensive. Got to break the curse of new wembley. I think we have played three matches here. Lost two of them by 2-1 margin and drew with Wigan.
Come on gunners bring the F.A cup to the emirates.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Fabo kept his place  Very Happy 
thanks Arsene
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next