TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:07 am

Newcastle local paper saying we are waiting for close of the window to get him on cheap and Pardew is desperate to sell him before to get a replacement in.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/30/liverpool-still-keen-on-newcastle-star-enrique-72703-29146112/

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:35 am

Jovanovic is quoted as saying that his move to Andreletch could be tied up on tuesday.Hopefully it goes through without any glitch.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:42 am

Liverpool are reportedly lining up a bid for Stoke City captain Ryan Shawcross as Kenny Dalglish looks to strenghen his defence ahead of the forthcoming season.

Now what do you say about Shawcross??? i felt he is pretty decent!

Then again the source is BS Razz

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/07/30/liverpool-hope-to-persuade-12m-england-hopeful-to-make-anfield-move-dalglish-targets-stoke-city-captain-ryan-shawcross/
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:24 am

Now this increasing rumors of Mata to Arsenal makes things sooooooooo f***king sad! ! i mean WTF! ! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:49 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:One of our biggest issues since our great season in 08-09 where we came second, is our defensive ability. God knows what has happened, but we have conceded too much the last two seasons.

Anyone should understand that our defense is what needed/needs rebuilding. We NEED a left back. As pointed out earlier by me, we have nothing close to a consistent starting LB. I'd be happy with another good CB as well. If all we are going for guys like Dann, I'd rather save the money.

So far the owners/club seem to have been too focused on the attacking department, which is only half the team.

Really? We had the 3rd best defence in the league in 2009-10 when we finished 7th.Its our attack and creative that let us down not the defense.

Then last season since Kenny took over we had the best defense in the league for of pf the time.This despite us playing without a LB.Until the Spurs game were our defence was decimated by injuries we were the best defence in the league since Kenny's arrival even better than United.

We have one of the best defence in the league.We just need a proper LB and cover at CB.No major shake up.It seems our struggle under Hodgson is clouding everyone how good a defense we have.

06-07 - Conceded - 27
07-08 - Conceded - 28
08-09 - Conceded - 27
09-10 - Conceded - 35
10-11 - Conceded - 44

At 35 goals in a season, that's close to a goal a game average. It would be stupid to think our defense has been great the last two seasons. Stats are one thing, but watching the games is another. So many times we've looked shaky at the back over the last two years.

Our entire team has been a problem. I know the managers have changed, and Kenny has done a good job since coming on, but we still have defense issues.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:50 pm

^^ And that doesn't include the EL and cup competitions.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:50 pm

@poolsupporter

PL champions

06-07 - Conceded - 26 (United)
07-08 - Conceded - 22 (United )
08-09 - Conceded - 24 (United)
09-10 - Conceded - 32 (Chelsea)
10-11 - Conceded - 37 (United)

Look at the difference btw previous 3 seasons for PL champions and last 2 season its not just for us the goals conceded has increased but for the overall league because the league has got stronger in the last 2 season.Not that suddenly our defense has become weaker.

This season City and Chelsea conceded 33 goals and United conceded 37.Nearly goal a game too.Our goals conceded(44) this season is deceptive considering we had Hodgson for half a season and are playing without a proper LB this whole season.

As i said under Kenny we had the best defence in the league for nearly the end of season.Infact under Kenny we just conceded 2 goals in 4 matches against this season's top 4.Surely thats a good indication how good our defence is? And this with injuries to Kelly Johnson Agger at various stages.

I agree we need reinforcements in defence but not rebuilding of our defence as suggested as suggested. We certainly need a proper LB for sure and just need a back up CB better than Kyrgiakos.

I would be happy with Enrique and Dann or Cahill.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm done arguing about our defense. Apparently I seem to be the only one here who isn't happy with the current state of it. Forget the stats and our relative totals to other teams in the league. Our defense has generally looked very shaky. Even under Kenny.

Edit: Say what you want about Hodgson, but he managed to come back and beat us.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:18 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
Edit: Say what you want about Hodgson, but he managed to come back and beat us.

So what?We lost to a team managed by Avram Grant too and twice at that.I am not saying Hodgson is not a good manager but he was not enough for us and his defence tactics were ridiculous to say the least.

And fair enough on the defence view point.I just dont think our defence is poor and dont need major rebuilding. Thumbs up

P.S.

would u be happy with Enrique and Cahill?

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 pm

You guys finished with defence arguments? Noooo, I wanna contribute: I don't think it should be our aim (sorry) to be in top 2 this season yet, the both Manchester teams have strengthened themselves from last season and I've got a feeling Chelsea will still buy a quality player. I'd be happy with a top 4 finish and I believe our current CBs are good enough for that (an LB I'd like, though).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:15 am

I'mma bring back the defence argument. ;D

We only need a LB. We hardly looked "shaky" under Kenny, and if it did, it was mainly because we were losing the midfield battle when the likes of Gerrard was injured, and Lucas/Meireles were tired after they've made 40+ appearences in the season. We have 1000 midfielders now.

I'm not talking about pre-season. We've had no Reina, no Johnson, no Lucas, no DAgger or no Skrtel for all the games - bar Agger who was the only one to feature in Asia and come on... that was his first game in months and we slipped in the 90th minute when everybody stopped caring.

If or if we don't sign Cahill, our CB's are fine. Like red said, if something happens with injuries, we could always go for Cahill in January for cheap but our youth have looked good once called upon when they have far more experienced/composed players on the pitch.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:53 am

AC Milan are interested in signing Aquilani.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7075947,00.html
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 am

Real11 wrote:AC Milan are interested in signing Aquilani.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7075947,00.html

Yeah.

AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani has admitted his interest in Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani. Galliani told Gazzetta Dello Sport : "He's a midfielder who has the characteristics we're looking for so he could be of interest."

- BBC

It's positive news. They "lost" Pirlo and have an old midfield, I could see them offer £10m+ for AA.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:05 am

I wont believe anything Galliani says to media tbh.He is probably using this to reduce the transfer fee for Montolivo.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 pm

If Dann is the only reasonably priced CB available I'd much rather go with what we have and try to grab Cahill for cheap in January or buy next summer when we (hopefully) have European football to offer again. Dann isn't a BAD player, but he's also not one that's going to improve us in anything more than depth. We should really be looking at players who will improve our starting defense.

LB is still the major priority for me, and I'm far from convinced that Adam will help us in any significant way. He'll have my support and the season to change my mind, though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:18 pm

RedOranje wrote:If Dann is the only reasonably priced CB available I'd much rather go with what we have and try to grab Cahill for cheap in January or buy next summer when we (hopefully) have European football to offer again. Dann isn't a BAD player, but he's also not one that's going to improve us in anything more than depth. We should really be looking at players who will improve our starting defense.

LB is still the major priority for me, and I'm far from convinced that Adam will help us in any significant way. He'll have my support and the season to change my mind, though.

I echo a similar sentiment. That statement is spot on.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Great news if true.Telegraph are saying we are closing in on Enrique as we are close to agreeing a 6mil fee for him.Bargain if we get him for 6mil.

Newcastle United release Joey Barton after midfielder launches Twitter trade against club

Managing director Derek Llambias had already clashed with Barton this summer, withdrawing a new contract offer back in May after months of acrimonious negotiations, and it seems his patience finally snapped following his Twitter rant. The two have not spoken in months, a club secretary informing Barton of the decision to give him a free transfer as Llambias is supposed to be on holiday.

It was the second time in a week that a Newcastle player has criticised the board on the social networking site after defender Jose Enrique – who is edging towards a move to Liverpool as the clubs get close to agreeing a £6 million fee – attacked officials for a lack of ambition and lying about their contract offer. On Monday, reserve striker Nile Ranger joined in the Twitter assault, writing: "Most used sub in the prem last season.. Now I'm struggling to even get a pre-season game.. haha.. what a joke."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8675305/Newcastle-United-release-Joey-Barton-after-midfielder-launches-Twitter-trade-against-club.html
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:24 am

Jovanovic off to Andrelecth.

Jovanovic agrees personal terms with Anderlecht

Anderlecht manager Herman Van Holsbeeck will fly to Liverpool today to seal the Milan Jovanovic deal. The biggest hurdle already has been taken: Anderlecht reached an agreement with Jovanovic about his yearly wage. The defeat to OH Leuven led to worries at Anderlecht and the club wants to strengthen their squad. 'Today I'll travel along with Herman Van Holsbeeck to Liverpool', says his agent, Dejan Veljkovic. 'Milan still has a contract and there are a couple of other issues we have to deal with.'

The first offer, rejected by Jovanovic, was a three-year-contract with a wage of 3,5 million euros. The new offer contains a shorter contract length but a higher salary. Liverpool are prepared to let the player go on a free. Veljkovic: 'There are other clubs interested in Milan, but he prefers Anderlecht.'

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=GEQ3DHG46

Hopefully Poulsen is next on the door quickly and followed by other deadwoods.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 am

Acc. to Aquilani's agent he isnt in Kenny plans for next season.

Alberto Aquilani's agent expects to speak with Adriano Galliani when the AC Milan vice-president returns from China next week.

Milan have jumped to the front of the queue for Liverpool's unwanted Italian midfielder, with Fiorentina's negotiations having broken down last week.

Despite impressing in pre-season, Aquilani would jump at the chance to return to Serie A on a permanent basis, with champions Milan eyeing up a bargain.

The 27-year-old's agent, Franco Zavaglia, believes the Premier League side could be prepared to sell the player for as little as 10million euros (£8.7million), having paid Roma a reported £20million almost two years ago.

Zavaglia confirmed there is truth in Milan's interest, and he expects to speak with the club's representatives after their Super Cup meeting with Inter in Beijing on Saturday.

"When you speak of such a negotiation, there is always an element of truth," he told ilsussidiario.net.

"Galliani is now in China for the Italian Super Cup, but I expect to talk to him when he comes back to Milan.

"I think an agreement could be reached for a figure around €10million."

However, Liverpool may hold out for a higher fee to minimise their potential loss, and Zavaglia is aware Aquilani's future remains in his club's hands.

He added: "Aquilani is still tied to a three-year contract with Liverpool and before his eventual departure we will talk with the leadership of Liverpool.

"It seems clear to me that the player doesn't fall into the technical plans of the coach, so the suggestion of his departure is concrete."

http://www.football365.com/serie-a/7077395/-TRUTH-IN-AQUILANI-MILAN-LINK
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 pm

As mentioned in the General board, apparently we have agreed a deal with Enrique for 10 mil.

I need to know if there is any base to this as this he is the 3rd best LB in the EPL IMO
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm not sure if he's the third best in the EPL. I think that would have to depend on your criteria. He is certainly one of the better defenders in the EPL, though. I would be quite happy with his signing.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Arquitecto wrote:As mentioned in the General board, apparently we have agreed a deal with Enrique for 10 mil.

I need to know if there is any base to this as this he is the 3rd best LB in the EPL IMO

6mil with add ons raising to 10mil.Most media outlets are reporting it including Times and Telegraph.

Great bargain and it seems we were just waiting for Jovanovic to be off the wage bill to sign Enrique.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:27 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/jovanovic-deal-agreed
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:39 am

Would of rathered Cissokho than Enrique, but I guess he'll be an improvement of what we have. Not a bad player, just he's prone to be caught out of position. Clarke will help him though, so not really a problem. 3rd best? I doubt it. Top 5 in my book though, probably fourth. Cole, Evra and Baines are superior to him. 6m? Bargain. (Guessing 10m if we win the league, similar to Hendo's deal?)

Also, if I was Aquilani, I'd sack the agent. Makes AA look like a douche. "Aquilani will stay at Liverpool." Two days later... "Aquilani is going to Fiorentina on loan." Half a week later... "A.C Milan interested."

Bets on who's next. I'mma say Roma are favourites to being the next club in the bag.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:24 am

ynwa wrote:Would of rathered Cissokho than Enrique, but I guess he'll be an improvement of what we have. Not a bad player, just he's prone to be caught out of position. Clarke will help him though, so not really a problem. 3rd best? I doubt it. Top 5 in my book though, probably fourth. Cole, Evra and Baines are superior to him. 6m? Bargain. (Guessing 10m if we win the league, similar to Hendo's deal?)

Also, if I was Aquilani, I'd sack the agent. Makes AA look like a douche. "Aquilani will stay at Liverpool." Two days later... "Aquilani is going to Fiorentina on loan." Half a week later... "A.C Milan interested."

Bets on who's next. I'mma say Roma are favourites to being the next club in the bag.

Something I don't get why people use it x)
It's not proper English, no? Makes no sense. The only reason I can imagine why people have started using it is because it sounds like "would've".

Aaanyway, I would have taken Cissokho over Enrique as well, but am happy with either. I can see Enrique helping our midfield with possession-play quite a bit.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:26 am

Art... Art... Art...

You need to read your urban dictionary. Afro
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next