BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga III - Page 4 Empty Re: The 2014/15 Calcio Saga III

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:18 am

Don't call me James wrote:We're buying Pjanic in the summer Neal. I hope his current form is just due to the whole club suffering and not something lingering.

I can assure you it's entirely the club itself. Mire is legit and has shown it several times, even in poor form.

I love him, but 30m and he's yours.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:19 am

Also Vibe :bow: Proud

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:42 am

And so it continues: Apparently reports that James Pallotta encountered Luciano Spaletti in Miami....cue the rumor mills going into overdrive.

Unai Emery has also be linked now, but that's almost certainly paper talk at this point. He gets Sevilla to the final again (whether they win it or not), he's on to bigger and better things I'd imagine.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

McLewis wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:We're buying Pjanic in the summer Neal. I hope his current form is just due to the whole club suffering and not something lingering.

I can assure you it's entirely the club itself. Mire is legit and has shown it several times, even in poor form.

30 is too low Wink 45 please. And we will sign Witsel or Oscar as replacement
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:09 am

flameas wrote:
McLewis wrote:

30 is too low Wink 45 please. And we will sign Witsel or Oscar as replacement

Based on what?

We paid 11m for him. 30 is nearly triple that. I think it's a fair sum honestly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:11 pm

PSG offered 40 mil this past winter and were turned down flat by Roma... you guys wanted 50. PSG even offered up Motta back the other way for 15. So i doubt he'll be unloaded for anything less than 40 unless Roma's management are completely retarded...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:PSG offered 40 mil this past winter and were turned down flat by Roma... you guys wanted 50. PSG even offered up Motta back the other way for 15. So i doubt he'll be unloaded for anything less than 40 unless Roma's management are completely retarded...

Remember, Walt Sabatini once said Benatia would go for nothing less than 60m...we all know how that turned out Laughing....we also wanted 45m for Lamela and only got 30m. I largely like our management, but they can be bloviating fools at times.

As long as we don't have guaranteed stadium and CL revenue, us getting lowballed will always be a probability.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Mclewis, there are some points I dont agree in. People has bashed Cole as a total flop. Personally, I dont think he has been that bad for Roma.

My honest opinion is that Roma's downfall is linked to Totti's downfall. This year it has been the worst for him as a Roma player and rudi plays a 4-3-3 false 9 with Totti as his main cog of the system. If that cog is rusty, the whole team will fall apart. Moreover, Roma does not have any other player that could play False 9.

One of Roma's main problem is that they didnt get a proper vice-totti in the summer. Also, I dont think Doumbia and Ibarbo will be flop. At least give them a pre-season.

I also wouldnt call Florenzi vice-captain. He has been average at best this season and he is at most just a good player.

Lastly, I dont how the Roman fans and media are calling for Rudi's head. They need stability and Rudi is the right man for the Roma job. So he didnt meet expectations, so what? He is still doing wonders with Roma. Even if they miss out a CL place, they should stick with him.

Thats my 2 cents, dont hate :p
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:46 pm

Also. I wouldnt ever sell Pjanic, ever. I literally mean ever bro.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:41 pm

this year Pjanic played badly , I think it is matter of motivations too , so on paper he souldn't cost as last winter tbf.
But Sabatini is very good to sell ( more than buying..) so if he will go away , it will be for a big offer.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:23 pm

djfawnz wrote:Mclewis, there are some points I dont agree in. People has bashed Cole as a total flop. Personally, I dont think he has been that bad for Roma.

Cole got taken apart by Bayern and never recovered. He has been perfectly fit all season and yet Jose Holebas has started the majority of our matches. What does that tell you? Cole has flopped. Period.

My honest opinion is that Roma's downfall is linked to Totti's downfall. This year it has been the worst for him as a Roma player and rudi plays a 4-3-3 false 9 with Totti as his main cog of the system. If that cog is rusty, the whole team will fall apart. Moreover, Roma does not have any other player that could play False 9.

Statistically yes, this has been a tough season for Totti, but I blame this not on his overall play, but on the tacitcal setup he plays in. As a false 9, he needs to space to find the runners and interchange with his wingers. This worked wonders last season and provided us with a lot of unpredictability. This was one of the primary tactics that other teams have targeted when playing us. They take away Totti's space and thus his ability to link up with our wingers and our attack becomes very isolated and static, as we've seen repeatedly against all kinds of teams. It's not Totti's form, it's Rudi's tactics.

One of Roma's main problem is that they didnt get a proper vice-totti in the summer. Also, I dont think Doumbia and Ibarbo will be flop. At least give them a pre-season.

Pjanic is the vice-Totti and Paredes is the vice-Pjanic. Sabatini signed the right players in that regard. I have no real judgement for Doumbia as I don't know him anywhere near as well as I know Ibarbo, who is all power and pace, but no actual finishing ability. Just look at is record at Cagliari...those are defender's stats ffs. Doumbia might just come good. We all know he can score, but like most strikers, he needs confidence and he doesn't have that right now.

I also wouldnt call Florenzi vice-captain. He has been average at best this season and he is at most just a good player.

Florenzi is the natural next choice for club captain. De Rossi looks very likely to move on to MLS within the next season or two and should that happen, Totti will still be captain for at least another season more before he retires. Florenzi has shown the requisite ability, passion, and humility to wear the Roma armband. Oh and that's not to mention that he's of course Roman. He will never be as good as Totti, as he is a once-in-a-generation player in his position. Totti is better than both Giuseppe Giannini and Ago Di Bartolomei, but that didn't stop them both from being considered Roma legends. Florenzi can certainly do the same. He's a better player than you give him credit for being. If anything I consider him our answer to your own Marchisio, only more versatile.

Lastly, I dont how the Roman fans and media are calling for Rudi's head. They need stability and Rudi is the right man for the Roma job. So he didnt meet expectations, so what? He is still doing wonders with Roma. Even if they miss out a CL place, they should stick with him.

Roma fans are as fickle as they come. I thought you knew that about us. There are as many of us that want Rudi to stay as there that want him gone. For the record, I wanted Luis Enrique to stay, Zeman gone, Andreazzoli not as permanent coach, and now I want Rudi to stay. Each time, there were other fans with exact opposite opinions. That is what is to be Romanista. What's more, the Roma ultras actually support Rudi and that's an important thing to remember as it's not often that they back the coach over the players. It's the media, pundits and even some players in the team who are against Rudi right now. Even more importantly, the management have openly said his fate lies with how we finish this season. Zeman has been the only coach the American leadership have sacked not only during the season, but during their time as owners and if you remember, we were 7th at the time of that happening. They know Rudi's worth and if he can keep us in the CL-places, he's got a good shot at keeping his job for at least another season. Nothing's written in stone though.

Thats my 2 cents, dont hate :p

See my responses above.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Robespierre wrote:this year Pjanic played badly , I think it is matter of motivations too , so on paper he souldn't cost as last winter tbf.
But Sabatini is very good to sell ( more than buying..) so if he will go away , it will be for a big offer.

Agreed, he has been playing at a sub-par level for a while now. Though, i don't think its a matter of motivation for me as much as its a matter of the midfield setup he had back then, one would think the lustre of CL, the bolstering of the squad in the summer and the coach, would give him enough motivation (Mind, they had a good start to the season). I personally think Stroots and DDR (sometimes overlooked) gave Miralem the exigence to play at a higher level
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Apparently Milan Curva Sud are boycotting the match

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CApDsX5XEAE0Yqp.jpg

I guess that's better than shutting the gates and harassing the players
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Yep RG, they issued the statement here

Translation:

"I am part of the club, as the club is a part of me; and I say this fully aware that the club takes advantage of me, does not take into consideration my opinions, and sometimes treats me bad, so my sense of organic unity is not based on a misunderstanding of how confused and romantic professional football " (Nick Hornby - Fever 90 ').

All you are about to read is something beyond our being and belonging to the Curva Sud Ultras, what you are about to read is the feeling of a people, the Rossoneri than ever before at this time want to make their voices heard. These words are not directed only to those who occupy the second blue, but to all those who have the heart in Milan. From whom kicks standing on a hurdle to raise the choruses, those who sit in the back row and again to those who love to watch the matches in the stands, to those who follow the Milan with passion in all games or even occasionally. We are experiencing an absurd situation for too long. E 'useless to dwell more on campaigns purchases, we have already talked too much lately, and we do not want to talk about technical choices. Here we talk about feelings and passion, and the call comes just from those who have always lived in Milan as a priority. How many times have we made sacrifices for Milan? How many times we have saved to be able to buy the new shirt, to be able to go to the stadium, to redo my subscription?
There is one thing that has been lacking and that we now want as Milan fans and lovers of these colors, the Clarity!

We have a series of questions that we would like to ask the President Berlusconi at this point such as:

Because for years we have thrown dust in the eyes promising a speedy return to the glories of the past, but then in fact start many projects then abandoned within a few months? We'd really like to understand it in order to avoid feeling cheated for the umpteenth time. How true the rumors of a sale of some or all of the shares? If the intention is to sell the company in a partial and remained in this stalemate then it is worth divest all of society and let someone else take the situation in hand. How much desire has yet to bring us back on top of the world? And if you do not feel like it, why prolong the agony of this mediocrity that is slowly bringing to the bottom? We are still grateful for what has been done in these 29 years, but now we have hit bottom and we would not like having to find to dig. He wants to carry on the story of his family, still tying to Milan? We appoggeremmo surely this choice, but if it were carried out with a choice criterion, leaving the company in the hands of his daughter without the impediment of third persons who have now had their day (and interests), but especially with a portfolio to devote to Milan and the reconstruction of Milan. This is because only thus could carry on the story of a Milanese family and Milanista driving a club of the world of their city. It 'sure to love this team still like the first day? Do not forget certainly what he did for us, taking us into a court and bringing in a few years to be on the roof of the world. But unfortunately we are far too long in front of an inertia that makes us feel alone, abandoned to ourselves and almost resigned. Unfortunately after they were always confident and having waited the time has come to take the situation in hand and, Starting tomorrow we will begin with a series of initiatives to achieve clarity and to understand that too many things do not go there any more. We invite ALL to desert the stage at Milan - Cagliari, but not stopping only to that, we ask you to avoid buying any kind of official merchandise. House Milan and avoiding any kind of initiative for this day. Must remain completely alone, as they made ​​us feel many, many times over the years. We invite those who have already made ​​travel reservations or bought a ticket to stay, if possible, outside the stadium, and if this was impossible (we understand the inconvenience as we are always the first to travel to our great love), at least not to expose banners and flags, and to refrain from cheering. Today more than ever the people Rossoneri must show unity of purpose and put the proponents of this situation to fulfill their responsibilities. And above all, it is time to put aside the chatter from the bar or from the Internet and begin to demonstrate in practice what really keeps everyone in this situation. And 'the last appeal by Curve, Milan Club and all the people Rossoneri, the President, or the person who most of all at this time can bring clarity and resolve this situation, after which we will be aware that there will be no other way if not a strong opposition.
The initiatives will not stop some of this single occasion and I will notify you from time to time through our website www.curvasudmilano.it
not arrendiamoci. The Rossoneri's heart is still beating, Our fight has begun now !!!

----------------------

A bit of a heart-moving statement than the usual, 'Galliani out' and 'Silvio sell' stuff
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Basically Milano clubs have 11 friendly matches now.

An exciting season..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:14 pm

If Juve manage to carve a path to the final, i expect it to be a wakeup call for Inter and Milan
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:22 pm

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga III - Page 4 CApKObDW8AAm0Nh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Not sure whether to feel sorry or admire the banner.

I really can't see Milan dropping points tonight.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Jeremy *bleep* Menez. What an utter boss. Unreal technique behind that curler and excellent initiative to find time for the shot by the stop-go change of pace.

He did not celebrate at all, having to walk away from the goal, one finger on his ear. What does it signify? I don't know. Bad ass celebration nonetheless.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:10 pm

@Mclewis, good post bro. Maybe its just that Totti is old? I felt the same with Del Piero, but last year that he was undisputed starter, Juventus only reached 7th.

True, Ibarbo's number are not that impressive, but I do believe in the right team he can be a good player.

Everything you said about Florenzi is true. He is a proper Romanista, but I dont think he will become a good player, but that's just me.

What's your opinion on Pjanic? Should they sell him?
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Watch us squander this lead somehow
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Sad to see the state of Milan currently.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next