McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:15 am

Bad Poosay Brigade taking over Dorne rofl

Oberyn would want his brother and nephew murdered right?

Areo Hotah and Doran wasted like that, I can't believe it. Sand Snakes are by far the worst characters on the show.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:38 am

rofl

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 U6RauO2
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:37 am

Only keep watching this for comedy value atm and tbh it's worth it Proud
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:50 am

Half the important characters in the Dorne storyline in the book isn't even on the TV show anyway...

It's already beyond repair.

Also Areo Hotah died far too easily...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:27 pm

Not sure it's that bad. There was a clear conspiracy against Doran in the books too. The show just put that on steroids and accelerated it. Not particularly sophisticated, but it has me intrigued now when it didn't before. Not giving up on this part yet, although it's clearly still the weakest portion of the show.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Just watched the episode, the Dornish sections had me like [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 Comeon

This season is not off to a good start.

McLewis wrote:Not sure it's that bad. There was a clear conspiracy against Doran in the books too. The show just put that on steroids and accelerated it. Not particularly sophisticated, but it has me intrigued now when it didn't before. Not giving up on this part yet, although it's clearly still the weakest portion of the show.

A conspiracy which Doran nipped in the bud by jailing everyone involved and then put an end to completely by revealing his plans to the main conspirator, aka his daughter, about how he was going to side with House Targaryen in order to destroy House Lannister and avenge Elia's death. After that he started involving her and Oberyn's daughters into his plans, by sending Obara to hunt down Darkstar, Nymeria to sit on the small council in Kings Landing, Tyene to befriend the New High Septon and in TWOW,
Spoiler:

None of this  (except jailing the conspirators part) happened in the show, they completely botched it.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:49 pm

It could also mean that the Sand Snakes will not listen to Doran on their King's Landing quest. And Obara will probably kill Areo Hotah on their way to find Darkstar too.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:50 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:It could also mean that the Sand Snakes will not listen to Doran on their King's Landing quest. And Obara will probably kill Areo Hotah on their way to find Darkstar too.

We know from GRRM, as well as seeing with our own eyes(*cough* Stannis *cough*), that the show and the book have diverged completely now man. They'll have a similar ending but their paths there will be drastically different, so we cannot infer what will happen in the books based on what we currently see in the show.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:It could also mean that the Sand Snakes will not listen to Doran on their King's Landing quest. And Obara will probably kill Areo Hotah on their way to find Darkstar too.

Yeah really unlikely. Doran is playing the long, patient game against the Lannisters and the Sand Snakes are in on it.

I'm a bit pissed on how a great actor like Alexander Siddig was wasted like that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Also, the burning of the fleet in Meereen clearly is a set up for the Iron Fleet to come to Dany. This just shows D&D's long term planning changed. Daario randomly secured 96 ships in season 4 and Greyjoys were cut for season 5...now the ships are burnt and Euron Greyjoy has been cast.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:34 pm

M99 wrote:Also, the burning of the fleet in Meereen clearly is a set up for the Iron Fleet to come to Dany. This just shows D&D's long term planning changed. Daario randomly secured 96 ships in season 4 and Greyjoys were cut for season 5...now the ships are burnt and Euron Greyjoy has been cast.

Holy shit you're right, I forgot about all those ships they got out of no where to avoid having to do the Ironborn plot, and now they've just burnt them because they've decided to the plot anyway.

This show rofl
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:46 pm

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 Dorne8eogo
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Same ending means nothing. Said before this reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist where they made a show when the original wasn't finished yet and while in some way you could say they have the same ending the way and even the ending itself are completely different (sounds strange but if you watched the two shows you know what I mean).

Killing Stannis in the show doesn't mean he's not important in the books. Same for cutting Aegon or killing Doran and so on. If by "the same ending" they mean something like "humanity survives" they can cut whoever they like and still get the same ending. If the ending is "Dany sits the throne" they can cut anyone but Dany.
And of course GRRM could still change his mind anyway considering he's not going to finish the books in less than another 10 years.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Tbh the whole episode was just so.. cheap. It really felt of even for me and I'm not exactly a fan of the show.
Jorah finding the ring after a whole Dothraki horde ran over the field. Snakes borrowing Littlefingers teleporter. Dany seemingly miles away from Drogon in just one cut. Hotah obviously exposing an unarmored back and immediatly going down from one stab with a dagger. The guards just watching.
Thorne convincing everyone with like 2 sentences that his treason was ok (no problem with him getting away, but shutting up all of them just like that lmao). And do the wildlings care? From what I remember there's not a lot left of the nw.. Sansa drying up in 5 minutes when she actually should be freezing to death.
Oh them dogs and lmao the burning fleet. Most likely wasn't even everything and the dialogue was horrendous.

Sounds like a rant but actually I enjoy this show a lot since I've decided to watch it for comedy value only hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:37 pm

rofl rofl rofl

Was in absolute stitches at that Dorne scene.

This is why we wanted TWOW so badly. Since next season is last, D&D will do everything they can to minimise characters and end their arcs abruptly. Won't be surprised if final season only have 5 characters in it.

That Melisandre Necklace theory :bow: Expecting many more theories to come true.

Also Stannis is actually dead Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:01 am

I don't remember Daario obtaining 96 ships at all...goes to show how much attention I paid to that season...

Agree with Zigra about the Nights Watch thing. I swear every episode they talk about how few men they have left and then the next episode there's a whole bunch more.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:31 pm

So many questions about melisandre

Who exactly is she?

Witch? Children of the forest? greenseer?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:10 pm

She could be Shiera Seastar, Bloodraven's half sister and lover, who would be 120 years old or so now. (Maybe more I can't tell)

Shiera Seastar was known to practice the dark arts and for wearing a famous heavy silver necklace with sapphires and emeralds. Shiera Seastar's mother and Shiera herself were speculated to use glamours to make themselves look younger and more beautiful.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:35 pm

I think she's far older. Like 300-400 years old.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 am

Yea apparently she is 400 years old

If she is then she must have seen Doom of Valayria?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:She could be Shiera Seastar, Bloodraven's half sister and lover, who would be 120 years old or so now. (Maybe more I can't tell)

Shiera Seastar was known to practice the dark arts and for wearing a famous heavy silver necklace with sapphires and emeralds. Shiera Seastar's mother and Shiera herself were speculated to use glamours to make themselves look younger and more beautiful.

No she can't, in her flashback we learn she's a former slave which sounds like far from the life a royal bastard would have
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:44 am

I think we should just let go of hoping the show will deliver on the book's promise. It's just not enjoyable anymore if we keep on expecting elements of what we liked from the show to actually happen on screen

Personally, I enjoyed the show much more before I started reading the books. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the books and love its details but it ain't worth comparing the two for me now
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:45 am

I don't know how I feel about Mel. I mean, if she keeps up the glamour, is she still considered 10/10?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not sure if we have been through this before but this is fantastic read

https://weirwoodleviathan.wordpress.com/2016/04/22/ii-now-i-am-become-death-the-lord-of-corpses/

Discusses that Beric and Coldhands both were animated by Bloodraven and so will Jon and they aren't exactly resurrected as neither are alive.

III. Now I am become Death: Legacy of a Toy Soldier

Part 3 and carries on from that theory. Talks about how Bran will reanimate Jon instead of Melisandre with the help of lady stoneheart. Some good and clever backing up as well from the books. Obviously it does come across as tinfoil at times but another well written article

https://weirwoodleviathan.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/iii-now-i-am-become-death-legacy-of-a-toy-soldier/

I really hope the ending to the saga is somewhere along the lines of what that guy speculates. It's much better than Jon and Danys save the world.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:30 pm

" Given the realization that Stannis is going to burn Shireen, we can actually plot out Jon’s path from death to resurrection."
Did Martin ever confirm this will happen in the books? Because he clearly writes as if this IS going to happen, not something that COULD happen..

And I actually still doubt it will happen so.. hmm

LMAO actually @that theory still reading though

Ok a lot of crap in there I think but in general I kinda like the idea of Bran warging Jon though I doubt it will happen.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:05 am

I don't think its feasable. We'll see. If Berric and the other resurrected people are all being warged into, how does Bloodraven have time to train Bran? Wouldn't the bodies become de-animated whenever he stops?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next