Arsenal Lobby - Page 21 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Sri Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:26 am

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:15 am

Arsenal fined £60,000 for breaching FA's Agent Regulations in relation to transfer of Calum Chambers from Southampton.

From @ArsenalReport timeline:

#Arsenal intentionally circumvented regulations, making it impossible for the FA to gain insight into details surrounding the transfer.

1) Arsenal failed to carry out adequate checks to ensure Philip Ercolano was a licensed agent (and indeed Chambers' agent)

2) Turns out Philip Ercolano was not a licensed agent, so was not allowed to conclude business with Arsenal

3) Arsenal didn't fill out the agent form correctly, the FA sees this as unintentional to mislead regarding agency involvement

4) Agency fees would have been the same, but Philip Ercolano's involvement meant a speedy transfer for a "high profile player"

The FA also says the penalty has been made lenient due to #Arsenal having a clean disciplinary record in these matters.

#Arsenal complied fully with FA investigation and pleaded guilty to using an unlicensed agent. Promised to improve transfer procedures.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:30 am

Really surprised.

So unlike the modern us.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Dude thanks Sanchez for 80% of his happiness over the past year in his thesis acknowledgements. Arsenal Lobby - Page 21 Thesis

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:48 pm

JW talks about how we could start Gibbs or Belle in the wings rather than giving a PL debut to Joel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11961697/Arsenal-news-Arsene-Wenger-considers-moving-Kieran-Gibbs-or-Hector-Bellerin-into-midfield-after-injury-woes.html
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:46 am

DON'T WANT DEBUCHY PLAYING PLS.
Wouldn't mind Gibbs doing it, but that would mean Alexis moves out to the right, so nah, can't see it happening.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:24 am

Arteta's doing some coaching work with Wales' youth teams, it seems:

Arsenal Lobby - Page 21 CTCzKi2XIAAiXEG
Arsenal Lobby - Page 21 CTCzKkMWUAEGoBl

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:09 am

Very interesting that he's started getting some experience already. As of right now, it would seem as though it will be either Vieria or Arteta to succeed Wenger as manager.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:16 am

Definitely not. Of the two, Vieira has more experience but he needs to have his teeth sharpened at the helm of another club. Same goes for Arteta. Anyone who is going to succeed someone who's been in charge for 20+ years should take charge somewhere else first.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Arteta anyday over Vieira for me

Arteta is a genius and and would love to see him manage us one day. Maybe our U21s next year
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:17 am

Usually when Arsene Wenger sits down with the media the focus is on squad fitness updates, transfer speculation, analysis of team and player performances and the other day-to-day stuff that involves running a football team.

Over the course of 19-years the boss has become a little suspicious of chaps on Fleet Street, rarely opening up on broader subjects in their presence. Quite often his most interesting chats tend to be with journalists on the other side of the Channel; the latest of which appears in L’Equipe’s Sport & Style magazine.

As well as being the subject of a very snazzy fashion shoot – the 66-year-old dazzles in some snappy menswear daaarling – he’s also honed his inner Proust, touching on how and why he approaches his work the way he does.

“The only time for happiness is the present. The past holds regrets. The future uncertainties.

“Man realised this quickly and created religion. It forgives him for what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future as he’ll go to Paradise. There’s great advantages to this. Man is very early on ‘self-pyschoanalysed’ through faith.”

On how he finds meaning in his work, he adds: “In the religious world, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

“I define myself as an optimist. My constant battle in this business is to draw out the beauty in man. At this level that can portray me as naive. At the same time, it allows me to believe it and it often gives me reason.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/11/wenger-i-am-a-facilitator-of-what-is-beautiful-in-man/

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:01 am

Wenger: "The only moment of happiness is the present. The past gives regrets, future uncertainties. Man realised this & created religion."

:bow: Thumbs up :bow: Thumbs up :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Who the f is Aristotle

Arsene :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Preview for Tottenham will be up later tonight once I find a computer that isn't trash.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Game is on Sunday so take your time
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:37 am

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:00 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTMomfyWoAIAO0C.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTMomhdXIAAeEQm.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTMomiAWwAERYOL.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:29 pm

If only he took that approach with outfield players...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:27 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Usually when Arsene Wenger sits down with the media the focus is on squad fitness updates, transfer speculation, analysis of team and player performances and the other day-to-day stuff that involves running a football team.

Over the course of 19-years the boss has become a little suspicious of chaps on Fleet Street, rarely opening up on broader subjects in their presence. Quite often his most interesting chats tend to be with journalists on the other side of the Channel; the latest of which appears in L’Equipe’s Sport & Style magazine.

As well as being the subject of a very snazzy fashion shoot – the 66-year-old dazzles in some snappy menswear daaarling – he’s also honed his inner Proust, touching on how and why he approaches his work the way he does.

“The only time for happiness is the present. The past holds regrets. The future uncertainties.

“Man realised this quickly and created religion. It forgives him for what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future as he’ll go to Paradise. There’s great advantages to this. Man is very early on ‘self-pyschoanalysed’ through faith.”

On how he finds meaning in his work, he adds: “In the religious world, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

“I define myself as an optimist. My constant battle in this business is to draw out the beauty in man. At this level that can portray me as naive. At the same time, it allows me to believe it and it often gives me reason.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/11/wenger-i-am-a-facilitator-of-what-is-beautiful-in-man/

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/11/arsene-wengers-full-interview-with-lequipe-sport-and-style/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:34 am

So many great quotes to pick from. My picks:

“Must” can be used for death. We must all die one day. In my life, I prefer replacing “must” with “want”. Wanting more than having to. If you tell me, you have to go out tonight, I don’t want to go out as much. If you tell me do you want to go out? Yes, I want to! That’s love for life. Must, must… I mustn’t do anything!

For me, the beauty of sport is that everyone wants to win, but there will only be one winner. If you put 20 billionaires at the end of the twenty English clubs, there will only be one champion and nineteen disappointments. My grandfather used to say “I don’t understand, at the 100 metres, one runs in 10.1 seconds and the other one in 10.2 seconds, both are very fast. What’s the point?”

Today, we glorify the one that ran in 10.1 seconds, and say the one that ran 10.2 seconds. But both of them are very fast. That’s dangerous for sports. We have reached an era in which we glorify the winner, without looking at the means or the method. And ten years later we realise the guy was a cheat. And during that time, the one that came second suffered. He didn’t get recognition. And with all that’s been said about them…they can be very unhappy.

Is that why you stay away from the media?

AW: Of course. Do you know someone who wakes up in the morning and says: Hey, I’d like to get fifty whiplashes.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:28 am

Sad Sad Sad

What a man
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:22 am

He is an inspiration in many ways.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:07 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Is that why you stay away from the media?

AW: Of course. Do you know someone who wakes up in the morning and says: Hey, I’d like to get fifty whiplashes.

Genuinely burst out laughing here Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:35 am

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/arsene-wenger-s-genius-shines-through-so-why-hasn-t-he-won-the-league-for-so-long_sto4987231/story.shtml
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:57 am

pls quote copy 'n paste
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:59 pm

It basically asks if Wenger does as much thinking and critical analysis of his own methods that he does for seemingly everything else, because as intelligent as he is, he does appear to miss "obvious answers" to problems.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next