Exactly why is the English Premier League the world's most popular league?

+4
flameas
aleumdance
jibers
johnjohnsonrm
8 posters

Go down

Exactly why is the English Premier League the world's most popular league? Empty Exactly why is the English Premier League the world's most popular league?

Post by johnjohnsonrm Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:45 am

I am not watching it myself personally as I find it tasteless, and the fast pace with zero technique is just like watching a fun blockbuster movie without any plot or any interesting characters.

I would much rather watch top 5 battle Valencia vs Atletico than watch 1st vs 2nd match Man City vs Chelsea.

I don't understand why it's the most popular apart from the fact that English is the international language, and that they have advertised the product to death.

Also how the hell can a team like Tottenham afford splashing 50-70m euros each season when they only qualify for Europa League?

johnjohnsonrm
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Exactly why is the English Premier League the world's most popular league? Empty Re: Exactly why is the English Premier League the world's most popular league?

Post by jibers Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:48 am

That's a coincidence OP because i am not watching it myself personally as I find it tasteless, and the fast pace with zero technique is just like watching a fun blockbuster movie without any plot or any interesting characters.

I would much rather watch top 5 battle Valencia vs Atletico than watch 1st vs 2nd match Man City vs Chelsea.

I don't understand why it's the most popular apart from the fact that English is the international language, and that they have advertised the product to death.

Also how the hell can a team like Tottenham afford splashing 50-70m euros each season when they only qualify for Europa League?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Exactly why is the English Premier League the world's most popular league? Empty Re: Exactly why is the English Premier League the world's most popular league?

Post by aleumdance Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:50 am

this sounds like a troll..

but I like him
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:55 am

Hes got it right. The language + money + the advertising = a global hype.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 am

flameas wrote:Hes got it right. The language + money +  the advertising = a global hype.
you guys talk like there is any other league on top epl on uefa coefficients?

Jesus..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:36 am

Well La Liga is first based on coefficients.

I think that the popularity comes from the fact that EPL is the league with the greatest money involved. Even lower-half teams like Southampton can afford to sign popular players because of the money from the TV deal, even if they never qualify for European competitions. As a result, it is the league where most stars play, and even if the teams often have tactical issues, a lot of people watch them because of the players involved.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:47 am

And England is a beautiful country(apart from the weather maybe).

Its the league with most big clubs and most parity.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:51 am

Marmite.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Last I checked, we already had this topic:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t32302-why-is-pl-so-much-popular-than-the-other-leagues
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down