isignedupjusttoseesigs
mr-r34
CBarca
Shed
Kick
19 posters

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:13 am

LOL no never go and move to The Middle of Nowhere, USA

Come to NYC, best city in the world >>>

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 am

Juveman17 wrote:LOL no never go and move to The Middle of Nowhere, USA

Come to NYC, best city in the world >>>

I mean, I was just recommending where he might make a lot of money Laughing otherwise North Dakota is pretty terrible. Although Fargo is apparently becoming a lot more desirable of a city with all of the money that's been flowing in. However, it is a stones throw from Wisconsin and Minnesota and is part of the midwest, which I would humbly recommend as a great place to live and raise a family Smile

Typical east coaster, calling themselves the best in the world :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:23 am

Lol I meant your trash state brah, all you guys have is cheese and grass
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:34 am

I am not sure where I will end up for Geology, it's something I can do almost anywhere Smile
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:41 am

Even on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:42 am

Yeah, unlike Messi.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:18 am

ES your sig :bow:

Snapchat is worth having just to follow DJ Khaled, mine is the same as my GL name
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:39 am

How did everyone spend their 'straya day?

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 40 Latest?cb=20131102203009
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:13 pm

fatman123 wrote:ES your sig :bow:

Snapchat is worth having just to follow DJ Khaled, mine is the same as my GL name

Why is this? I've heard this before
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:04 pm

fatman123 wrote:How did everyone spend their 'straya day?

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 40 Latest?cb=20131102203009

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:54 am

1. Kick, your name wasn't always Kick, right?
2. Does dontreaddonred still post in GL?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:08 am

1. I was Kick Mars on the old forums, but changed my name to Kick as soon as we were allowed name changes on this forum.

2. No clue.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:30 am

Yes! That was it.

I knew you had gone by something different before. Truth be told, I never understood the Mars part, and Kick sounds a lot better
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:53 am

Kick Mars was a randomly generated username I got while playing Runescape, some 8-10 years ago.

I liked it and figured it was random enough that I could use it on any forum, so it stuck.

I dropped the Mars when we moved here as Kick is football related and there was no one called Kick on this forum.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:48 am

Runescape! Those were the days. Played that when I was in elementary school. Everybody did though, because it was amazing.

My roommate from last year still plays it (not that there is anything wrong with that) and one of my other friends still plays it. I was studying with those two the other day and Runescape came up, and I probably talked about Runescape with them for about 30 minutes. Great times, those. Played that simultaneously with Warcraft III and might have been with those games longer if not for World of Warcraft, the next new dope thing :bow:

Stuck with WoW very casually (played more FIFA/Halo tbh) until Starcraft 2, which I played somewhat competitively for a bit and since then I haven't really gamed much. Not competitively/ online, at least. I'll do some career mode stuff and destroy my friends in offline FIFA and 2K but not much gaming beyond that anymore.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:47 am

Alright, I need opinions.

I found out just recently that Keaton Henson decided to repress 1000 more vinyls of "Dear". It's going to be released tomorrow (I believe) and it's still in stock. I'm curious as to whether I should buy it or not.

It would be an easy decision, but it's $37. It would be from his website so it would be supporting him, and it includes some artwork from him and some bonus tracks, but...it's still $37, which is pretty steep for any single album. That's like, two vinyls (and probably some extra change) from someone like Sufjan.

Is it worth it? Would you make that decision to buy it? I'm heavily considering it. Now that I have a record player I can finally decide to build up a vinyl collection of my favorite stuff (I plan on doing it slowly, mind), which Dear is certainly a part of.

As said, since it's only being repressed for a 1000 more, it is limited which means if I don't get it straight up now, it will be even more expensive if I want it later (unless it's re-pressed and sold again). It's apparently about $7/8 more for shipping, too.

I guess the question is, would I spend $40+ on a single album? It's hard to justify, especially as I tend not to spend much money on much of anything. It's certainly a sentimental purchase and a novel one...and while it's hard to justify on one hand, on the other, it makes a lot of sense. Would you guys make the decision to buy it? What if you were in my place?

I do really like "Dear". If you guys haven't heard it, you really ought to. I'll link it.

Keaton Henson - Dear:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:18 pm

If you want it, why not? Just find a way to save money some other way?

I think, if you want something bad enough, and really enjoy it when you get it, the cost doesn't factor much into it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:32 am

Nah you're right. It's not that much, either, just a lot for a single vinyl.

But in the end, my collection would be more empty without the brilliant album that is Dear. I'll order it tomorrow. How exciting Smile this actually will be my first purchase in the beginning of a long journey of building up a collection
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:31 pm

I always love the first purchase of a collection Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:52 am

Agreed. Catcher in the Rye is the first (and most loved) book of my collection of books I've been slowly building up. Recently bought Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez...hoping it's good and I can slot it in with the rest.

My most recent addition before that was actually "The Missing Piece meets the Big O" by Shel Silverstein...really great picture book that I never read as a kid. Worth it to read even being older now.

Don't have any room for the record player at my apartment so I'm working extra hours simply to buy vinyls, and when I get back home I'm going to have a helluva time Smile
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Sounds great Proud

My main collection is, of course, my rock collection which sits at my desk at uni. Got some great stuff, including native silver Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Rock collections Proud

Dem days when I was 6 Proud

Anybody wanna take my organic chemistry exam for me?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Thought you were doing History hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:28 am

El Gunner wrote:Thought you were doing History hmm

That's juveman. I'm biology atm

Didn't like chemistry that much in high school...never really liked it much at any stage in my life. Get to college and now I'm spending 2.5 years doing chemistry/organic chem Proud

I've learned to like it a bit more (more of an appreciation) but...still hate being in chem classes tbh.

Fatman what the hell are you up to these days?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:20 am

I'm doing my Bachelor of Arts general. Thinking of majoring in Psychology and English. Also have (Linguistics) and (Film, Visual and Performing Arts) this year.

I find Linguistics extremely boring Crying or Very sad
But my hand was forced into taking it due to timetable clashes with other subjects.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:13 pm

Film should be fun for you though.

Thinking about getting involved with the film club here tbh

Also where is dostoevsky
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next