Red Alert
Helmer
Art Morte
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jordon Ibe - Page 3 Empty Re: Jordon Ibe

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:04 am

well Lazar has clearly confidence problems, he looks like a very humble guy, caught up in a high profile situation where he doesnt know his identity so clearly, he has been overwhelmed it seems. So either BR starts giving him games, make him play at least a few games, he needs to boost his confidence or just let him go. I think BR's man management skills are getting tested in this season because of large Squad, and may be he is not able to give enough inidividual attenetion to players. So I would still say the same thing that if BR doesnt have any plan with Markovic in this season, he should be sent on loan.

Also, I just cant see him starting ahead of Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge (once he returns), Balotelli, even Gerrard (if he plays often in attacking positions more from now on), Lambert (who seems to be getting some confidence in reds shirt). People are not able to understand that when Sterling broke into the first team, the situation was completely different. Now BR has so many options and he himself under pressure to win games, even cup games so I doubt he himself will be eager to give a start to Markovic.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:54 am

Red Alert wrote:Sterling showed A LOT more than Markovic has ffs. Lazar's hype is all based on a Juventus game in a Europa league where they don't even use fullbacks so he had a lot of space to operate in. Furthermore, he was sent off in that clash. Laughing

Don't get me wrong, he has talent, but he's not going to be world class or anything and tbh, I rate Ibe over him. 20m should of been better spent.

Honestly before a year ago all sterling had was speed, don't even go there, he had no *bleep* idea what to do with a ball, are you trying to say Markovic has nothing?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:52 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Sterling showed A LOT more than Markovic has ffs. Lazar's hype is all based on a Juventus game in a Europa league where they don't even use fullbacks so he had a lot of space to operate in. Furthermore, he was sent off in that clash. Laughing

Don't get me wrong, he has talent, but he's not going to be world class or anything and tbh, I rate Ibe over him. 20m should of been better spent.

Honestly before a year ago all sterling had was speed, don't even go there, he had no *bleep* idea what to do with a ball, are you trying to say Markovic has nothing?

1. If you honestly think Sterling was just speed I have nothing more to say to you.

2. Markovic hasn't even showed any of his "speed".

3. I'm trying to say Markovic signing was a waste. Talented potential, yes. But if we wanted him as a playmaker, we have Suso who is better in that role, and if we wanted him as a winger, Ibe >>>>

We spent 20m on a player to stagnate on the bench is the way I'm looking at it right now. 20m normally improves your starting XI. But then again, we buy the likes of Lovren for 20m under Rodgers reign, so maybe I'm just deluded in thinking that our transfer committee should be more competent who knows.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:36 am

He was 80% speed, he really couldn't finish, his final third play wasn't great and didn't have any ball skills, of course this is all based on his first team appearances. If your basing it on his youth games then i'd hope you watch markovic in his youth games before making the comparison.

Markovic hasn't even had a chance to show us what he has, though i do agree with you that 20m on him was a joke when he isn't even featuring.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:40 am

I've been a bit disappointed / worried about Sterling's apparent stagnation this season. As a winger, at least. Although obviously it's not easy to look great when your whole team is playing badly, but Sterling needs to bring something more to his game (on the wings) than what he's been doing so far. I'd like to see him tried in a central position again, that's where he has always looked good.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:59 am

Red Alert wrote:Ibe has shown A LOT more for Liverpool. And that's all that really matters to me. Couldn't care less what he's doing for Derby.

lmao this clown says Ibe has shown a lot more for Liverpool rofl

He's played 77 minutes combined for Liverpool in his whole career. The kid is 18 years old, calm the eff down. Lazar was one of the main parts of Benfica's side that went to the goddam EL final and won the league.

You have gone full off the reservation bruh. Never go full retard.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:13 am

On ze phone so bare with me

@skyline
Sterling just really lacked the final ball.
He'd close down, open space, attack with confidence and actually have the balls to attempt to do something with the ball. It didn't work out most of the time in the oppositions half because of a lack of composure / personal excitement, his ability was never in doubt though. His speed helped him a lot, granted, but he was A LOT more than just speed.

@full retard:
There's a reason he's only played 77 minutes ffs. It's you comparing Luis Alberto to Raheem Sterling all over again.

Also please tell me how influential he was to Benfica's success being a back up / benchwarmer. He was pretty much a back up to Salvio and Gaitan. But yeah, what inspiration. rofl Also if you're takinf his Juventus appearances please read up a few posts, ta.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Ibe scored and assisted in Derby's 0 - 4 away win today.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:24 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/178207-ibe-recalled-from-derby-loan-spell

Is this an alternative to recalling Origi? Where does he fit in our present squad & strategy?

#1. Cover for Sturridge
#2. Rotation with Raheem
#3. Ibe-Sturridge-Raheem
#4. Rotation with Markovic in 433
#5. Wing-back like Markovic
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:56 am

Most likely #5. Origi is being recalled too.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 am

Fahim89 wrote:Most likely #5. Origi is being recalled too.
Suspect hmm

Someone mentioned that in FB as well. But wouldn't that be a big waste???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 pm

I have no idea what d f BR is planning scratch

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:57 pm

He needs a nickname.

After how good he looked at times in preseason, and how well his loan went, he's a good example of someone who can be a high energy impact sub to help us out in the second half and maybe even fight for a spot next year. Very high ceiling with this lad.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:23 am

Hoping to see this kid tonight.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:28 am

How should we utilize him during the crunch period???

27 Jan: Chelsea (ineligible)
31 Jan: West Ham (h)
4 Feb: Bolton (ineligible)
7 Feb: Everton (a)
10 Feb: Tottenham (h)
14-15 Feb: FA Cup 5th round ineligible???
19 Feb: Besiktas (h)
22 Feb: Southampton (a)
26 Feb: Besiktas (a)
1 March: Man City (h) OR League Cup Final ineligible
4 March: Burnley (h)

I want him to play some part in all the remaining fixtures.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:09 am

Well he could surely feature in the Beskitas & Burnley fixtures. . Bar those its difficult to see him in the other games which are very tough and crucial. hmm :coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:18 am

Fahim89 wrote:Well he could surely feature in the Beskitas & Burnley fixtures. . Bar those its difficult to see him in the other games which are very tough and crucial. hmm :coffee:
You are right, he may not start before Beskitas game. But I feel Rodgers will use him (as substitute) against WHU, Everton & Spurs.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:53 pm

[quote="iftikhar"]
Fahim89 wrote: But I feel Rodgers will use him (as substitute) against WHU, Everton & Spurs.

Ah bhai can't see that happening cause those three games each represent a Cup game for us!! For me those are as vital!!! hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:08 am

[quote="Fahim89"]
iftikhar wrote:
Fahim89 wrote: But I feel Rodgers will use him (as substitute) against WHU, Everton & Spurs.

Ah bhai can't see that happening cause those three games each represent a Cup game for us!! For me those are as vital!!! hmm
I feel Rodgers feels that highly about him and that's the reason he has been recalled.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:15 am

Why i think he has been recalled is i guess BR wasn't confident enough with Enrique in LWB or wanted another option besides Moreno & Enrique. A more aggressive one hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:54 pm

I like ibe. tbh a year ago I thought he looked a better prospect than sterling.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:02 pm

MR BOND wrote:I like ibe. tbh a year ago I thought he looked a better prospect than sterling.

I think most of us did as well, sterling a year ago didn't really look much, but had bucketloads of potential, his progress has caught everyone by surprise.

Unfortunately for Ibe i don't think he'll get the chance sterling had to blossom last year so his progress might take a little longer, and him being recalled from his loan seems like such a dud move to me TBH.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:06 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
MR BOND wrote:I like ibe. tbh a year ago I thought he looked a better prospect than sterling.

I think most of us did as well, sterling a year ago didn't really look much, but had bucketloads of potential, his progress has caught everyone by surprise.

Unfortunately for Ibe i don't think he'll get the chance sterling had to blossom last year so his progress might take a little longer, and him being recalled from his loan seems like such a dud move to me TBH.

I agree mate. with sterling coutinho and markovic. I don't see a place for him. we also have deadly to come back. I would really like us to keep him long term tho. even has a squad player.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 am

mr-r34 wrote:

Caught everyone by surprise? :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 am

Everybody knew Sterling had talent, did anyone one think he was going to be the player he was at that time. NO, you probably thought he would of come good in the next few seasons. Don't give me this shit that you thought he would be integral in a tittle run crap.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:41 am

There's still 18 (at the very least) games for him. I think he will get considerable minutes (though not as much as he would have got at Derby) and I hope he makes the most of those. There's this suggestion that he will play LWB but I feel he will rotate with/cover for Raheem/Coutinho.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: