Red Alert
Helmer
Art Morte
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jordon Ibe - Page 5 Empty Re: Jordon Ibe

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:35 pm

I like Ibe on the right. He makes good cuts in across the middle of the pitch at times which opens him up for shooting with either foot as he gets deeper in, and he's also good at attacking the lines and making short crosses or drilled passes along the ground with his strength and pace. He is a good winger IMO. A lot of players get muscled out along the byline or right at the goalline but Ibe not only has the pace and dribbling to get to those spots but the strength to hold off defenders and make plays out of them as well. That's valuable.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:10 pm

@ Kick the Awesome, would you please merge this thread with this one

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36923-jordon-ibe

Thanks Molenation
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Jordon Ibe - Page 5 Empty jordan ibe watch.

Post by Unique Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:42 pm

be intesting to see how ibe does this season now sterling has gone. I think he will do well givern game time. in 3 preseason games he has 2 goals and 2 motm. hit this cracker today aswell Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Yeah really looking forward to seeing him develop. Rate him higher than Sterling both as a person and footballer.

Also, didn't we already have a thread for Ibe?

EDIT: http://www.goallegacy.net/t36923-jordon-ibe  Let's keep the discussion in one thread, I say, so we can see how our opinions change over time.

Kick can you merge it, please?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:44 pm

My Ibe kit should b3 here any day.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:45 pm

El Cujo wrote:My Ibe kit should b3 here any day.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Gah, I never buy a players kit unless they have actually established themselves as starters.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:06 pm

Well, I got my Henderson kit the summer before his big breakout. I got my Coutinho kit just before he got reintroduced to the side last season and I got my Torres kit the summer he joined LFC.

Hopefully this is a good luck charm for Mr. Ibe. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:12 pm

El Cujo wrote:Well, I got my Henderson kit the summer before his big breakout. I got my Coutinho kit just before he got reintroduced to the side last season and I got my Torres kit the summer he joined LFC.

Hopefully this is a good luck charm for Mr. Ibe. :coffee:
cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:11 am

Jordon Ibe - Page 5 20150804_185841
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:40 am

:bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:02 pm

His first Liverpool goal :wub:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Couple nice videos here. You can really see the confidence he had in pre-season of the last two years coming through now. That was really all that was lacking, IMO, previously. He will become a star for sure...he has it all, and as the mental side of his game comes around with experience and coaching he's really going to develop into a World Class player.

My jersey streak to continue? hmm
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:37 pm

From what I have seen ( very less) lad needs to improve his decision taking ability especially inside the box.all in all very solid talent.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:From what I have seen ( very less) lad needs to improve his decision taking ability especially inside the box.all in all very solid talent.

The ability is certainly there. However, as you have said, the decision making needs to improve in order for Jordon to take the next step in his career. That said, this has improved quite a bit along with his confidence since Klopp has come onboard.

I have high hopes for Jordon, and I think we could see him turn into an important player for us. However, it's critical that he's not relied on too soon in his career. I think it's important for his development that we have other wide options in the squad to relieve the pressure on him to "do it all".
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm worried about how quiet he has been in last few months.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Apparently Ibe has un-followed LFC on social media and removed all his LFC relations. Looks like he didn't take him dropping completely out of the squad against Stoke too well, when Ojo and Stewart got starts. Looks like he might well leave in the summer Sad

Would be a real bummer if he goes. He's got bags of talent. Just needs age and experience to blossom. Talent wise I rate him higher than Origi. I'd be really gutted if he leaves.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:12 pm

Art Morte wrote:Apparently Ibe has un-followed LFC on social media and removed all his LFC relations. Looks like he didn't take him dropping completely out of the squad against Stoke too well, when Ojo and Stewart got starts. Looks like he might well leave in the summer Sad

Would be a real bummer if he goes. He's got bags of talent. Just needs age and experience to blossom. Talent wise I rate him higher than Origi. I'd be really gutted if he leaves.
i thought we saw the last of big ego kids that sulk when sterling left.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Ibe doesn't seem like a big ego kid. Sterling always did. And I understand why Ibe's upset, like I said in the Stoke thread, Klopp's been harsh on him for a while now. I hope Klopp handles this so that Ibe stays, the kid's got some serious potential.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:20 pm

There's no way I rate Ibe higher than Origi. I don't even rate him higher than Markovic.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go on loan. I just don't trust him to play for us specially when we improve next season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:52 am

Ibe has seriously stalled this season. Big things were expected of him by Rodgers, as could be seen in his transfer activity. (By the time the dust settled, Ibe and Milner were the only wingers left at the club.) He had a few good performances in the first half of the season, but has gone missing ever since.

I'd say he's been justifiably benched. In all honesty, I thought it might be the best possible thing for his development. He needed to be removed from the spotlight and the pressure to perform. I sincerely hope that this is not some sort of a tantrum via social media, as that's likely to be one of the quickest ways to book a one-way ticket out of the club.

I do think he has quite a bit of potential, and he could still realize it at LFC. However, he needs to prove himself in training, not throw childish fits on social media (if that is what's going on).

That said, I do think his window is closing. We will almost certainly be bringing back Markovic this summer and targeting another winger. With Milner now mainly playing on the wing (thank goodness), that only makes it more difficult for Ibe to force his way into the side. I personally think he has the remainder of the season and preseason to prove himself. If he's not regularly featuring early next season, then he's likely to be off in the coming windows.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:01 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-jordon-ibe-seals-11617216

Farewell Molenation
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Well, it happened sooner than I thought it might, but I don't think we could turn down the money Bournemouth were offering. All things being equal, I would have preferred to have kept Ibe. As I've said repeatedly in this thread, he has talent. He's simply not been able to "turn the corner" and convert his talent into end product. Part of that is decision-making; I'm sure there is a component of confidence for Jordon, as well.

Bournemouth have obviously identified him as a key player and spent a considerable amount of money to secure his services. I imagine he'll get the opportunities he wants in Eddie Howe's setup. However, I hope that expectations are managed for him, as well. In all honesty, the move seems like a good one for him. I'll be interested to see how he performs this season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:24 pm

i agree with you mate. I think the problem at Liverpool now is klopp cant afford any player being inconsistent so 2-3 poor games and the pressure is on to drop him and that wont help his confidence. at bournmouth the team are not under as much pressure to get results as Liverpool ( no disrespect to bournmouth ) so they can afford him being inconsistent and still play him every week and I think we will see him come on a lot in the next 2 seasons. I just hope we do have a buy back option.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:42 am

I think you're right to an extent. I think he would've been pushed down the pecking order (as we saw at the end of last season), replaced by options that Klopp trusts from the previous squad or new players he has brought in himself. While I do think Ibe would have received chances, we simply could not turn down the money that bournemouth was offering.

In short, it's a good move for Ibe and for LFC. He'll play nearly every week, regardless of production. I mean, he's replacing Matt Ritchie. While I mean no disrespect to Matt Ritchie, Ibe on his day blows him out of the water.

Like you, I hope he has a buy back option. Even if not, I think it's probably the right time for both parties to move on.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Eddie Howe has admitted Bournemouth’s record signing Jordon Ibe has been “a disappointment” and blamed the large number of summer arrivals for his side’s failure to progress in the FA Cup.

Bournemouth comprehensively lost their third-round tie at League One Millwall 3-0 on Saturday after making 11 changes to the team that played the previous league fixture. Afterwards Howe said he had been “excited” by the line-up he selected, but admitted they had failed to perform.

The match also provided a rare start for the £15m Ibe, but the former Liverpool winger failed to make a mark. “He hasn’t been a regular in the team and that will be a disappointment for him and for us.” Howe said of the Bermondsey-born forward. “I still feel there’s a lot of potential in there, but obviously he’s got to fulfil that when he gets chances like today.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/08/bournemouth-eddie-howe-jordon-ibe-fa-cup-millwall-third-round

Getting 15m £ for him was great business. You robbed poor Bournemough blind No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next