Red Alert
Helmer
Art Morte
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jordon Ibe - Page 2 Empty Jordon Ibe

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:30 am

I searched with "Ibe" and it gave no results, didn't we have any thread for him?

Anyway, time to take a look at this guy, he's turning 19 soon and is starting to have quite the good season with Derby: Scored yesterday to make it 4 goals in 8 starts and 5 substitute appearances for Derby in the Championship. Who, by the way, sit at the top of the table after 18 games.

The big question is, what's his Liverpool future? He's talented, he's starting to rip up the Championship, he's only turning 19... A year or two ago we had a thread comparing him and Sterling and I think most people were saying they thought Ibe looked readier back then.

Now, we spent some 20m on Markovic last summer, who is almost 2 years older than Ibe, and, let's face it, has been quite the big disappointment so far. Yet I just fear that Markovic's price tag may put him ahead of Ibe in the pecking order next summer when our manager is looking who has a place in the squad and who doesn't. There's Lallana, too, with a big price tag and more experience and Sterling and Coutinho should be ahead of Ibe anyway at this point.

So, what do you think will be Ibe's Liverpool future? What would you like it to be?

If he goes on to have a strong season for Derby - as is looking likely - I think he should be in our team for the 2015-16 season. But I'm just afraid that he won't be competing only against other players' ability, but their price tags and reputation as well.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Jordon Ibe - Page 2 Empty Re: Jordon Ibe

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:51 am

Derby will be promoted to PL next season hopefully. If he makes himself a regular for them this season then I hope he's loaned to them again next season. He's still only going to be 19 next season and won't make much difference for us.

He's very talented, definitely has a future with us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:30 am

If he goes on to score 10+ for Derby this season, I'd like him in our team for the next one. You can only really tell how good he's going to be for you by playing him in your team. Also morally wise, why would Ibe want to extend his contract with us if we're not giving him a chance even after him having an impressive season for someone else?

These players that clubs just loan out season after season, they almost never re-appear in the picture for their parent club. Our current on-loaners are: Assaidi, Coates, Ilori, Wisdom, Teixeira, Alberto, Aspas, Paez. Doesn't really arouse feelings.

Chelsea have constantly like a million players out on loan and how many of them actually come back to have their chance at Chelsea?

Ibe deserves his chance in a Liverpool shirt next season, imo.

Btw, I'm not sure if their info is correct, but transfermarkt says Ibe's contract is actually up next summer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:33 pm

He'll be 19 next season. The only thing keeping at Liverpool next season will do is absolutely stunt his development as a result of little game time.

If he gets plenty of games at a different PL club at 19. We would be stupid not to take that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:48 pm

Coutinho was 20 when he joined Liverpool and hit the ground running, Sterling was 18 at the start of his break-through season for us. I think Ibe is ready to show what he's got in the red shirt.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Yeah Sterling was 18 in a team that was shit containing Downing and Borini and Jose Enrique as a winger. There was no one to take minutes away from Sterling so he actually played and developed.

Coutinho came in and made a difference right away because of the style of creativity he brought in. There was absolutely no one like him as good as him in our team and so he got game time and played.

Ibe will be behind Markovic, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi, and whoever else we sign in the attacking positions. Not to even mention Lambert and Borini.

I'm not arguing against his talents but the fact that really the circumstances were so much different for Raheem and Coutinho.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:57 pm

You might be right about him being behind a lot of players, but I'm saying if he's going out on loan again next season, the chances of us ever seeing him in a Liverpool shirt again are getting pretty low. And that would be a pitty, because he's showing so much talent. It's only video games where you can send players out on loan for season after season only for yourself to reap the rewards afterwards. I believe we either give Ibe a chance next season or lose him for good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:00 pm

You are generalizing loans there. Every loan is different. Every case is different.

While a lot of these loans don't work out, a good percentage do. Mostly those that don't work out was probably because the players just weren't good enough.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Well, I just don't believe that loaning Ibe out again next season is what's going to be the best for his Liverpool chances. I think he's ready. We'll see what happens.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:20 am

Would definitely keep him around the club next season. I agree, I think he's ready.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:38 pm

we should defnitely keep him and try to win Europa league next season, in case if we qualify for Europe. Does anyone think we should send Markovic on loan for the second half of this season, off course to some EPL club. So that we can check if Markovic can contribute in the next season. I would send Marko on loan and keep Ibe with us for the next season also, in case Marko fails to show any thing tangible during the loan in this season.

We need to make sure Ibe signs with us a long term contract as Art said and for that we need to get him play in red shirt.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Man with that it makes it more depressing knowing we paid 20mil for him.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:49 pm

well I never considered him as contributing anything in this season so I am relaxed about it :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Raheem has been over used already. If we didn't send Ibe on loan I would have loved to see him playing in next few games.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:02 pm

i would really really rest Raheem against Leicester, keeping him on the bench and consider to use use Lallana, Borini and other options

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Markovic will be 22 soon, no point in sending him out on loan with the same hope as you'd place on loans for youth players. He's either going to come good or be an expensive flop, but whatever it is, it's going to happen in the Liverpool shirt.

But I want to have Ibe in the team next season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:50 pm

I dont think we are going to progress so much in CL so we will not have many games unless one of Coutinho, Lallana and Sterling has long term injury so it makes sense to send him on loan for second part of the season

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:07 pm

No, man, he would only be guaranteed minutes in a league like the Portuguese league and that's the level we got him from. Even lower-table PL teams have got such players nowadays that Markovic in the form he has showed in the PL so far would only sit on the bench there. I see no benefit in sending him out on loan.

Also, Lallana is riding the bench and Sterling isn't lighting it up as a winger, so Markovic should have a chance of breaking into the XI if he just can step it up at all. In fact, I feel Markovic is due a chance already and our mid-week game against Leicester should be a good opportunity hand him a start. Not that I think it'll happen, just think it would be nice.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:09 pm

It's sad that Rodgers has completely frozen Markovic out of the line up. How is he supposed get any better without any minutes. He really deserves some minutes specially with Raheem being overplayed and being a bit off form.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:19 pm

well Markovic needs to play somewhere so either Rodgers starts giving him few minutes or send him out on loan..that lad is definitely not so bad as he seems to be. He needs to play and loan in Jan is not a bad option at all. The only problem is, few people saying that you buy a player for 20m and send him on loan, but it doesnt if we are getting a better player for the next season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:29 pm

Nah I disagree with the loan. He needs game time with us in our system. He's gonna be 21 next season, loans at this age won't accomplish anything unless you want to get rid of the player.

Remember how Raheem was benched last season until December 2nd? And he became goat after that.

Well it seem to me that this Tuesday against Leicester we are going to be exactly 1 year removed from that day and Markovic has a chance to replicate what Sterling did.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:15 am

Sterling showed A LOT more than Markovic has ffs. Lazar's hype is all based on a Juventus game in a Europa league where they don't even use fullbacks so he had a lot of space to operate in. Furthermore, he was sent off in that clash. Laughing

Don't get me wrong, he has talent, but he's not going to be world class or anything and tbh, I rate Ibe over him. 20m should of been better spent.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:18 am

What has Ibe done in his career to be rated over Markovic?

Go read the Derby forum and they absolutely hate his guts and call him brainless that scores a few goals here and there. Not even joking. I don't watch Derby so I have no *bleep* clue about his performances. I just know he's scored some goals in the goddam championship for crying out loud.

Rated over Lazar rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:31 am

Ibe has shown A LOT more for Liverpool. And that's all that really matters to me. Couldn't care less what he's doing for Derby.

Ibe is more comfortable on the ball, more talented, and more mature at his age. He's also a lot more physical, and on the same level, if not better technique wise despite being younger. The only thing Markovic has over Ibe is his first name sounds cooler. Lazar. What a name. Proud But yeah, footballing wise, Ibe >>>>>>>  

But yeah, Ayre did brilliant to get this man for 20m.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:55 am

It's pointless trying to figure out who is the better players, Markovic or Ibe, when we've seen so little of either of them, but both deserve a chance to (further) show what they can do. Markovic hopefully now in December and Ibe next season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:04 am

well Lazar has clearly confidence problems, he looks like a very humble guy, caught up in a high profile situation where he doesnt know his identity so clearly, he has been overwhelmed it seems. So either BR starts giving him games, make him play at least a few games, he needs to boost his confidence or just let him go. I think BR's man management skills are getting tested in this season because of large Squad, and may be he is not able to give enough inidividual attenetion to players. So I would still say the same thing that if BR doesnt have any plan with Markovic in this season, he should be sent on loan.

Also, I just cant see him starting ahead of Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge (once he returns), Balotelli, even Gerrard (if he plays often in attacking positions more from now on), Lambert (who seems to be getting some confidence in reds shirt). People are not able to understand that when Sterling broke into the first team, the situation was completely different. Now BR has so many options and he himself under pressure to win games, even cup games so I doubt he himself will be eager to give a start to Markovic.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum