Freeza
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
33 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:56 am

Don't call me James wrote:Freeza gonna watch Nighcrawler this weekend. Expecting a masterpiece performance from Gyllenhaal. The trailers looks unbelievably insane.

And saw The Judge with Robert Downey Jr. and Billy Bob Thornton. Meh not worth wasting money. 6.5/10.

He plays the role perfectly.. The dialogue is also amazing. Probably one of the best directing debuts in history.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:56 am

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Laughing One of the best comedies I have ever seen Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:12 am

M99 wrote:Monty Python and the Holy Grail Laughing One of the best comedies I have ever seen Laughing

Life of Brian is as good as Holy Grail, watch that next
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:00 pm

TalkingReckless wrote:
M99 wrote:Monty Python and the Holy Grail Laughing One of the best comedies I have ever seen Laughing

Life of Brian is as good as Holy Grail, watch that next

I heard it's better so yeah, I am planning on watching that next weekend.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:32 pm

Tom Hiddleston’s Loki returning for Avengers: Age of Ultron, Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Infinity War

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/11/tom-hiddlestons-loki-returning-thor-ragnarok-avengers-infinity-war.html
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:20 am

Watched Closer again :bow: Love the movie and the soundtrack. One of my favorite films of all time. Clive Owen is unbelievable. The whole cast is amazing. The dialogue and directing :bow: 9.5/10

Last night saw Edge of Tomorrow, RED's recommendation. Love the time loop films. Modern day Ground Hogs day indeed :bow: Reminded me of Source Code as well. Emily Blunt was hot in this ffs :wub: 8.2/10

Also watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Meh 6.5/10. Really bored throughout the film.

And had to watch The Visitor (an indie film) for a Humanities class and surprisingly good. I'd say 8/10. But really really touching if you are in the mood for a good drama. Kind of got me into drumming as well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:26 am

Serious about Planet of the Apes? Loved that film tbh, gave it 4,5/5. One my favourites of the year, the first sequence was some of the best cinema all year. Koba favourite villain of the year. Maybe you'd have enjoyed it more in the cinema I reckon, a lot of the aestethics of the film are best enjoyed on a huge screen with great sound.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 am

Yea agreed about DOTPOTA. Maybe it's because we both watched it in Cinema. The visuals were fantastic along with the story imo. Was definitely a 8/10.

Need to watch Edge of Tomorrow.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 am

Crack in audio form
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 am

Freeza wrote:Serious about Planet of the Apes? Loved that film tbh, gave it 4,5/5. One my favourites of the year, the first sequence was some of the best cinema all year. Koba favourite villain of the year. Maybe you'd have enjoyed it more in the cinema I reckon, a lot of the aestethics of the film are best enjoyed on a huge screen with great sound.

I liked the the first movie "Rise of....etc" more. You could be right though, I watched it on my laptop and didn't get to enjoy the aesthetics as you said. But the storyline was pretty garbage.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 am

RealGunner wrote:Yea agreed about DOTPOTA. Maybe it's because we both watched it in Cinema. The visuals were fantastic along with the story imo. Was definitely a 8/10.

Need to watch Edge of Tomorrow.

It's probably also a big reason why Gravity got a lot of hate after it was released on blu-ray/available for DL. Because I didn't hear anything negative about it from anyone until long after its initial release. It was definitely a cinema experience.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:34 am

Think Interstellar will suffer the same thing. Most early reviews(non-spoiler) says that movie is goat in terms of visuals and effects. So it will be best experienced in cinema.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:40 am

RealGunner wrote:Think Interstellar will suffer the same thing. Most early reviews(non-spoiler) says that movie is goat in terms of visuals and effects. So it will be best experienced in cinema.

I don't understand that sentiment exactly. What are the point of movies? To be entertained I would expect, atleast that's a huge part of it. So if a cinemaexperience valids a great rating and review, why give it a low score just because it isn't stimulating on a pretentious intellectual level?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:51 am

I don't think they will review it down because of that. It might just be a recommendation to either tempt more people in going to cinema or just put out a warning for those who might not see a big deal because I don't think Interstellar will surpass TDK, Inception or Memento. If it does then it's because of how aesthetically pleasing it is combined with a potentially a great story(I don't know, just guessing). However many probably might not see it in cinema and they could potentially dislike it as it's different to other Nolan movies and it seems to be a difficult conceptual story while they will also not appreciate how it looks on their 22 inch monitors.

I don't know really. But it's just a theory based on how people might not enjoy films on tv in comparison to cinema.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:55 am

I only trust some of the reviewers on youtube when getting recommendations. A paper in Denmark gave the John Wick picture a 1/6 rating and listed all the reasons why it was bad, despite it being the intention of the film. It was aware of itself as a cheesy throwback '90s action film.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:02 am

I hardly agree with most reviewers tbh. I just get pissed when a movie which hasn't even been released is getting 70 odd percent and forming a general consensus with the mass that, that movie isn't all that and will most likely put people off instead of allowing themselves to form their opinion. Only people I take seriously on movie reviews are RO, you and a mate in real life Razz because none of you give a shit what other thinks even if it's 95% or more.

I liked Godzilla for example, but most reviewers said it was shit Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 am

RealGunner wrote:I hardly agree with most reviewers tbh. I just get pissed when a movie which hasn't even been released is getting 70 odd percent and forming a general consensus with the mass that, that movie isn't all that and will most likely put people off instead of allowing themselves to form their opinion. Only people I take seriously on movie reviews are RO, you and a mate in real life Razz because none of you give a shit what other thinks even if it's 95% or more.

I liked Godzilla for example, but most reviewers said it was shit Sad

Godzilla was a great experience tbh, had goosebumps all over my body at that last fight, was well worth it. Still don't get why it gets hate, was enjoyable at worst.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:52 am

I went to the cinema for both Godzilla and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and really enjoyed both. Don't think either really deserves hate. I'm not gonna say either was incredibly stimulating intellectually, but both were just a blast to watch at the cinema.

Dawn is one of my favorite movies this year tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:34 pm

People hate on Godzilla because tastes are different obviously...

I was falling asleep while watching it because for me it was classic American bullshit.If you wanna go OMG dat CGI or see big things smashed you should watch this movie.

On other aspects it's plain average.Only real actor got killed after 15 minutes of screen time,the lead actor had charisma of James Milner while screenplay was so dull you could find better stuff in Coral memes.

That's just my opinion obviously.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Nightcrawler looks insane
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Nightcrawler looks insane

Go watch it now, great movie.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes the other night on my laptop and I liked it very much. Very enjoyable. I must say the ape parts are far more interesting than the human parts (scenes) in the movie. I really liked the first one and I was kinda sceptical about this one as I knew James Franco wasn't going to be in it, but Jason Clarke did a stellar job I must say. :bow: Andy Serkis :bow: Caeser Proud
Koba, what a villain. :bow:
That fight between Caeser and Koba was one of the most enjoyable things I've seen on screen thus far for 2014.

On Nightcrawler, I can't wait too watch it tbh. As soon as I saw the trailer, I was like ... well Jake Gyllenhaal is going to win the Oscar for this. Lol, I know it's ridiculous to say that off a trailer, but it really looks like this film will be legit as hell and Gyllenhaal will carry it bigtime. He is fast becoming my favourite actor while Leo is on vacation Laughing

On the whole cinematic experience thing. I'm not a regular cinema-goer, give me time to make my own money and I will be in there probably every twice a week Laughing but I do think that some movies are just made for dat cinematic aura. I do believe movie makers have that in their mind, and some put more emphasises and focus on providing that sensational cinema experience. But really, everyone has their own way of rating and judging movies, and for some visual effects and entertainment rank higher than a stimulating storyline.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Agreed with Freeza on Nightcrawler, one of the best movies this year. Jake Gyllenhaal Proud :bow:

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:35 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Agreed with Freeza on Nightcrawler, one of the best movies this year. Jake Hyllenhaal Gyllenhaal Proud :bow:

My man Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:58 pm

You guys are hyping me up for Nightcrawler. Thinking of watching that instead of Interstellar this weekend. That would delay Interstellar to Thanksgiving for me.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:00 pm

M99 wrote:You guys are hyping me up for Nightcrawler. Thinking of watching that instead of Interstellar this weekend. That would delay Interstellar to Thanksgiving for me.

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 2 55871830
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next